Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? (22345 Views)

How To Find Your Wife By Pastor Sam Adeyemi / Foluke Adeboye: When You Fall Out Of Cash, Your Wife Will Fall Out Of Love / Say Your Wish! What Will 2018 Bring For You And Your Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by harbjar(m): 12:07pm On Jun 02, 2017
Salam Alaykum.
As much as divorce is allowed in Islam, the process of divorce is however more complicated.
A woman you intend to divorce must complete 3 menstrual cycle I.e spend 3 solid months. Idda (waiting) period.

There's no where in the Qur'an where the punishment for renouncing Islam is death. It is absolutely wrong and against the teachings of rasulullah.

The Ulama said a Muslim man with an unbeliever as a wife has no right to inherit her property, and vice versa. Therefore, by inference, it is not by force that you must divorce her. Its just the best so that, there will be peace and understanding (since that's easy when you are of the same faith) and your children will not be misled.

There's no compulsion in religion.
AllahuA'lam. Allah knows best...
for a;; those who re quick to come and comment bou islam... i'd employ you to get an english translated quran and read so you know what the truth is and not insane things some people come to post online so as to defame others religion... as jesus christ (may peace and blessings of God be on him} said.. seek the truth and it shall set you free

2 Likes

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by tosyne2much(m): 12:07pm On Jun 02, 2017
Kathmandu:
Muslims will come for your head today
Make dem come nah.. The truth is always bitter my dear cheesy

The truth of the matter is that, right from my childhood, I grew with to realize some stereotyoes placed on Islam religion and to my deepest surprise, most of them act in accordance to these steretypes

Sighs!

3 Likes

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by ephi321(f): 12:07pm On Jun 02, 2017
I am surprised this thread wasn't placed in the padlock and key section.

Well OP, there is freedom of choice with religion. It is up to you to decide what next. No one should be forced to worship what they do not believe in.

3 Likes

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Amberon11: 12:09pm On Jun 02, 2017
Fastest growing in terrorism and bombing. Fastest growing in child birth and forceful conversions.
nurshah:

Please can u google the fastest growing religion in the world ? What a blood thirsty world ..Islam ifast taking over u.k sef ...u guys need to edit bible fast to stop this

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by madjnr: 12:09pm On Jun 02, 2017
Kathmandu:
The question is an open one so i don't see why it should be restricted to Islamic section. Why are you people always running away to debate the ills in your religion?

what ills? Is it your pagan Christianity that doesn't have ills?

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Omonigeriarere: 12:10pm On Jun 02, 2017
idreezbaba:

For your mind you have stolen people's mind away
my people don't mind this mad man
come to think of it
why would I marry a woman and she will later change her religion
that means she doesn't even love Me, that means I don't have control over her
Everyone is saying Shariah Law is bad
Yet Shariah Law is being studied at every law institution in the world
Believe me if shariah law is implicated in nigeria
There will be low crime rates
Islam symbolizes peace and peace only.
I rest my case

"If Sharia law is implicated in Nigeria, there will be low crime rates".

This is where Muslims always get it wrong, and I will advise you to go and read the book of John 8: 1-11 to understand the basic salvation which Christ teaches which is repentance, but not condemnation. For your information, these are the kind of barbaric laws and teachings embedded in old testament which Christ came to ameliorate.

Can you swear by your life that you and your holiest clerics have never gone against these kind of law for once? Which punishment have you given to yourself for committing such act whether cutting of hands or stoning to death? I remember a Northern muslim cleric who collected over 4.6billion for spiritual purpose during GEJ's regime: is Sharia law handicapped to punish him?

This is why the Bible says for all have sinned and have come sorts of glory of God. Sin is in human nature and no law can eradicate it, but what Christ is demanding from us all is to practice active vigilance and restrictions after our repentance.

From the Bible passage I gave you, you will observe that Christ did not tell them not to stone the adulterous woman to death as the prevailing law stated: all what he told them was that " he who have never sinned should cast a stone against the woman' but all of them have left before he could raised up his eyes.

Through repentance, Christ is the word, salvation is the hope.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Odingo1: 12:11pm On Jun 02, 2017
BiggyB242:

lol, that is why I suggested putting them in a boarding school, besides the woman doesn't own the kids the court decide who to take custody of the kids. She can only be in custody without contest if she still a breastfeeding mother.
no, international law recognizes women as custodian of children until they are 18.you lose at the court.

2 Likes

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by madjnr: 12:11pm On Jun 02, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
The below are what your Prophet said in the authentic hadiths.

Sahih Bukhari (84:57) - [In the words of] "Allah's Apostle, 'Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him.'"

Sahih Bukhari (89:271) - A man who embraces Islam, then reverts to Judaism is to be killed according to "the verdict of Allah and his apostle."

Sahih Bukhari (52:260) - "...The Prophet said, 'If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him.' "

al-Muwatta of Imam Malik (36.18.15) - "The Messenger of Allah said, "If someone changes his religion - then strike off his head."
likewise Christianity 1- In the Old and New Testaments:
In the Old Testament:
Let us look at Deuteronomy 13:6-9 "If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying: Let us go and worship other gods (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other, or gods of other religions), do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity . Do not spare him or shield him. You must certainly put him to death . Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people."
Also let us look at Deuteronomy 17:3-5 "And he should go and worship other gods and bow down to them or to the sun or the moon or all the army of the heavens, ..... and you must stone such one with stones and such one must die. "
This verse was sent to me by Yusif 65; may Allah Almighty always be pleased with him: 2 Chronicles 15:13
"All who would not seek the LORD, the God of Israel,
were to be put to death, whether small or great, man or

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by steppins: 12:12pm On Jun 02, 2017
Hello brother,I will first of advice you to calm down and do t make hasty decisions.You See, in Islam it is mandated that such a wife is to be killed for leaving Islam. That was the order given by Mohammad to all Muslims.Sahih Bukhari (84:57) - [In the words of]"Allah's Apostle, 'Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him.'"Now, can you kill your wife because of religion? Deep down in your heart, do you think it is the right thing to do? I don't know how long you've been married or whether youhave kids together, but pls consider the fact that you love her, kiss her and hold her dearlyin your heart before you think about killing her just to please a barbaric religious doctrine.Have you asked her why she left Islam? Do you honestly think Islam is the way to the truth? Have you juxtaposed your Prophet Muhammad and Yahshua the Messiah to seeclearly which of them is worthy to be called the way, the truth and the life?Below is just a peace of both men and how they treated women. Pls, be honest with yourself for once and see if you've not been deceived, a thing which your wife has discovered.Enter Jesus*He brought back a dead girl to life*He healed a woman with an issue of blood*He prevented the stoning of a Mary Magdalene*Mary Magdalene washed his feet with perfume and her hair in show of appreciation*Women wept during his trial and crucifixion*Women wept at his grave due to love for him*He said men should love their wives*A woman was the first to hear of his resurrectionEnter mohammad*He married a 6yr old girl called aisha*He consummated the marriage when she clocked 9yrs*He saw a little baby crawling and swore to marry her if he is still alive when she comes of age.*He killed a Jewish woman's husband and father then converted, married and had sex with her on the same day*He married the wife of his adopted son afterseeing her unclothedness and desiring her*He married his first wife, a 40yr old widow when he was 25* He Married 11 wives and use to sleep with them all in one night*Says a woman's testimony is worth half of aman's testimony*Says 3 things spoil prayers - a donkey, a black dog and a woman*Prescribed beating of wives*Prevented women from inheritance*He wore women's clothes*He ordered the stoning of an adulterous woman*He was Killed by poison given to him by a WOMANMind you, everything written above can be verified in the bible and Quran.google is not your enemy
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by SirMichael1: 12:13pm On Jun 02, 2017
cheesy
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 02, 2017
ztapi:

its only a hypothetical question to make you think, the Bible teaches "correction with love", not by torture or other means hence Jesus Christ said he who is without sin let him cast a stone...would divorcing your wife help her change by conviction or by coersion if she does?

I'm not going to undergo such a stress trying to change someone, is her call but I will reduce her influence on my kids, every parent will want his/her kid to follow their (parents) chosen religious path, it will lead to conflict in the house if she stays, so divorce is the best option. If I had married her with a particular religion different from mine means I accepted her the way she is but I didn't. If she can be convinced to change her religion, a religion she grew up with (over 20 years) then she can be convinced to do something otherwise. I like strong will women not women been tossed around with words.
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by blesoh(f): 12:15pm On Jun 02, 2017
tosyne2much:
Na only him commit all those atrocities? shocked
Can't u see his followers, same act

2 Likes

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by madjnr: 12:17pm On Jun 02, 2017
0- What about Mary, Jesus' Mother peace be upon both of them? How old was she when she got pregnant?
11- Joseph, Mary's husband, was "90 years old" when he married 12 to 14-year old Mary! Was he too a pedophile
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Amberon11: 12:17pm On Jun 02, 2017
hahahahahah
funmisticqueen:
That your useless janat that doesnt promise women anything since they are not considered humanbeings, spare me that islam bullshit. All your religion knows is using violence and wealth to prpoagate its lies, that is why islam seems to be growing, a God that loves women vs an allah that treats women as second class citizens as shown by ur prophet. To add insult polygamy is allowed. Eww. Dirty religion, the islam of boko haram and fulani herdsmen, no thanks.
To the op, your wife is a human being who can make her decisions, that is why she was given a brain, there is nothing you can do except you want to kill your wife or divorce her if you cant stand it, you are not the first muslim who will marry a christian. Is islam worth, your marriage, happiness and family?
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by madjnr: 12:18pm On Jun 02, 2017
ojoagba:
i just google on the alleged age before marriage and saw 6-7 years, finalised d wedding at 9/10 and she lived with him for 9 years. so many untold or hidden truth about these guys. they can easily access d bible because its in english and not forbidden to be read by all when there are so many things in the quaran that are inexplicably amazing. there is no question that can not be answered by google about the bible and the quaran with chapters and verses. i just did and thought he was lying about aisha's age.
0- What about Mary, Jesus' Mother peace be upon both of them? How old was she when she got pregnant?
11- Joseph, Mary's husband, was "90 years old" when he married 12 to 14-year old Mary! Was he too a pedophile
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Amberon11: 12:19pm On Jun 02, 2017
Who said they were words of a man? It was a demon!,
sulesadat:

this is your own personal opinion, the love for this world keeps preventing you from the reality of the hereafter, have you ever read the quran in its meaning in english?, those aren't words of a man.
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by blesoh(f): 12:19pm On Jun 02, 2017
drakeli:
If you think everything he quoted is wrong. It's left to you to show him in your Quran that it otherwise. Of course he brought all those from your Quran. He doesn't have the responsibility to debunk himself. But you have. So show us in the Quran.
Thank you, that's it the muslims needs to argue about his claim, yet they are busy insulting him. Seems d guy read koran lol wink

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Amberon11: 12:21pm On Jun 02, 2017
He did worse. Do not listen to these Muslims who are trying to decieve people by distorting facts. Read the Quran and hadith yourself. Mohammed did everything boko haram and Isis are doing today. They all learnt from him (Mohammed).
Kenneth205:

Buh wait oo! Mohammed really did that?? shocked

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Dumdum217(m): 12:21pm On Jun 02, 2017
Owodiran1:
Volume 9, Book 84, Number 57:
Narrated 'Ikrima:
Some Zanadiqa (atheists) were brought to 'Ali and he burnt them. The news of this event, reached Ibn 'Abbas who said, "If I had been in his place, I would not have burnt them, as Allah's Apostle forbade it, saying, 'Do not punish anybody with Allah's punishment (fire).' I would have killed them according to the statement of Allah's Apostle, 'Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him.'"(may almighty Allah Forgive you for the false thing you just posted. You only posted a sentence in the verse ) in the passage the are two leaders in the verse one believes in God's judgment other one believed in taking laws to his hands. Ask for forgiveness. The problem is not religion the problem is individual's personality. No one should hide under the word religion. Am a Muslim. My wife can practice any religion she wants. What matters most is her behavior.

To me you are saying the same thing as the guy you are trying to correct.
If I am to translate your quote above, it means that burning unbeliever with fire is exclusively reserved for allah, that instead of burning them with fire (which is allah's punishement) you rather kill them ( probably with cutlass,gun or other means other than burning)

So what you alluded above still supports the guy's claim that allah supports killing the unbeliever but not with fire.

Any muslim with contrary view should explain this particular verse to us is simple English Volume 9, Book 84, Number 57.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jun 02, 2017
Odingo1:

no, international law recognizes women as custodian of children until they are 18.you lose at the court.
You are wrong because at 18 he/she is no longer a kid then is the child decision to choose, you can't tell me the father doesn't have say in his child's life. I might not be a lawyer but I have some awareness brother so say something else smiley. I do see and hear court cases about finding out who should take custody of the kids.
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Gebbson007(m): 12:23pm On Jun 02, 2017
IhateAfonjas:

Religion is the biggest scam in the history of mankind

She can choose/switch to any religion she wants, i don't care as far as she's not bugging/trying to convert me with her religion

I don tll dem tire....
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Praktikals(m): 12:23pm On Jun 02, 2017
opeolu202:
DAT one preaching killing, him tell u say he wan kill am? mtcheeeeew
That is Islam 's recommendation. You stop being a muslim and get ready to be stoned to death. religion of peace indeed.

2 Likes

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by tosyne2much(m): 12:23pm On Jun 02, 2017
blesoh:

Can't u see his followers, same act
You mean Boko Haram, Osama Bin Laden, Adolf Hitler, Sadam Hussain, Fulani herdsmen cheesy cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by chynie: 12:23pm On Jun 02, 2017
Omonigeriarere:

I think you are super dumb by abusing him without stating your opinion to counter his.
Supporting club chairman
I sight u o
Continue taking para for another man headache
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by yorhmienerd(m): 12:24pm On Jun 02, 2017
madjnr:

Well..... your're wrong.

I don't like arguing about Islam 'cos I fear for my life. ISLAM is NEVER a religion of peace. Take it or you leave it.

2 Likes

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by blesoh(f): 12:25pm On Jun 02, 2017
idreezbaba:

For your mind you have stolen people's mind away
my people don't mind this mad man
come to think of it
why would I marry a woman and she will later change her religion
that means she doesn't even love Me, that means I don't have control over her
Everyone is saying Shariah Law is bad
Yet Shariah Law is being studied at every law institution in the world
Believe me if shariah law is implicated in nigeria
There will be low crime rates
Islam symbolizes peace and peace only.
I rest my case
U guys keeping saying that phrase while the islamic states is never peaceful, please were can I get a koran, is it a secret book for just muslims and please don't refer me to google
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Owodiran1(m): 12:26pm On Jun 02, 2017
Brotherly. Please understand the way you want. Explain it the way you feel like. You are entitled to your opinion. E. O. D. Thanks bro. God bless you anytime any day. Wether you are a Christian, Muslim, traditional worshiper etc. Peace bro.
Dumdum217:

To me you are saying the same thing as the guy you are trying to correct.
If I am to translate your quote above, it means that burning unbeliever with fire is exclusively reserved for allah, that instead of burning them with fire (which is allah's punishement) you rather kill them ( probably with cutlass,gun or other means other than burning)

So what you alluded above still supports the guy's claim that allah supports killing the unbeliever but not with fire.

Any muslim with contrary view should explain this particular verse to us is simple English Volume 9, Book 84, Number 57.
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Tigris007: 12:26pm On Jun 02, 2017
Every Apostle/Messenger of any god is a reflection of the nature of the god he propagates.

To the muslim faithfuls that are:
1. Not concerned about the connections (monetary or otherwise) that they may stand to lose.

2. Not afraid of the faces of their fellow men.

3. Desirous of the truth.

4.Humble enough to truly listen

would you consider the great apostle muhammad a man worthy of emulation?

If you have not studied the life of muhammad(and you are a muslim)....naa meat dey make you follow islam be that

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by alBHAGDADI: 12:27pm On Jun 02, 2017
madjnr:
likewise Christianity 1- In the Old and New Testaments:
In the Old Testament:
Let us look at Deuteronomy 13:6-9 "If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying: Let us go and worship other gods (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other, or gods of other religions), do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity . Do not spare him or shield him. You must certainly put him to death . Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people."
Also let us look at Deuteronomy 17:3-5 "And he should go and worship other gods and bow down to them or to the sun or the moon or all the army of the heavens, ..... and you must stone such one with stones and such one must die. "
This verse was sent to me by Yusif 65; may Allah Almighty always be pleased with him: 2 Chronicles 15:13
"All who would not seek the LORD, the God of Israel,
were to be put to death, whether small or great, man or
That was a law given by Moses to the land of Israel as their constitution, which is non-applicable to Christians. Eve. the news don't follow that law anymore cos Christ erased it.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by madjnr: 12:27pm On Jun 02, 2017
funmisticqueen:
That your useless janat that doesnt promise women anything since they are not considered humanbeings, spare me that islam bullshit. All your religion knows is using violence and wealth to prpoagate its lies, that is why islam seems to be growing, a God that loves women vs an allah that treats women as second class citizens as shown by ur prophet. To add insult polygamy is allowed. Eww. Dirty religion, the islam of boko haram and fulani herdsmen, no thanks.
To the op, your wife is a human being who can make her decisions, that is why she was given a brain, there is nothing you can do except you want to kill your wife or divorce her if you cant stand it, you are not the first muslim who will marry a christian. Is islam worth, your marriage, happiness and family?
Timothy 2:11-14 "Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression."
1 Corinthians 14:34 "Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church."
Men can shave the women's heads if women don't cover their heads:
1 Corinthians 11:5-10 : "But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven. For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn : but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered. For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man. For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man. For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels."
1 Corinthians 11:13: "Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God (with her head) uncovered?
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by kindredspirit(m): 12:28pm On Jun 02, 2017
Owodiran1:
Volume 9, Book 84, Number 57:
Narrated 'Ikrima:
Some Zanadiqa (atheists) were brought to 'Ali and he burnt them. The news of this event, reached Ibn 'Abbas who said, "If I had been in his place, I would not have burnt them, as Allah's Apostle forbade it, saying, 'Do not punish anybody with Allah's punishment (fire).' I would have killed them according to the statement of Allah's Apostle, 'Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him.'"(may almighty Allah Forgive you for the false thing you just posted. You only posted a sentence in the verse ) in the passage the are two leaders in the verse one believes in God's judgment other one believed in taking laws to his hands. Ask for forgiveness. The problem is not religion the problem is individual's personality. No one should hide under the word religion. Am a Muslim. My wife can practice any religion she wants. What matters most is her behavior.

Dude, don't you realise that by quoting the scripture above, you just validated your opponent's argument? Your analyses of the scripture appears wrong and by the Hadith you quoted can be broken down like this :

Ali (one of the Prophet's closest companions and husband of his daughter) burnt some atheists. Now, the dude who you quoted, Ibn Abbas, opined that Muhammed frowned against killing people BY FIRE because that method of punishment belongs to Allah alone : Quote: " Do not punish anybody with Allah's punishment (fire) "

However, he (Ibn Abbas )said he would have Killed the Atheists by another means, just as Prophet Muhammad instructed by his statement : Quote : " Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him".

I stand to be corrected but that's my reading of the scripture that you quoted up there. An inadvertent gaffe from you, maybe?

2 Likes

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jun 02, 2017
[quote author=honniemail post=57119674][/quote]

You quoted the wrong person, go pour ur frustration on ur fake muslim boyfriend who does not even know much about his religion( if he is even real that is)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

7 Type Of People You Will Notice When You Board A Church Bus To Service / Apostle Suleman, Stephanie Otobo And Casino Gamblers - Jideobi Johnmary / Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.