Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,662 members, 7,809,503 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

Why Are Most Men Unfaithful? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Most Men Unfaithful? (10590 Views)

Why Are Most Guys Unfaithful Even When They Have Loyal Or Beautiful Girlfriends? / Why Do Most Men Feel Insecured About Independent Women / Nigerian Women Ranked Most Unfaithful In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Most Men Unfaithful? by ProfBills(m): 7:48pm On Dec 12, 2005
Many a times I wonder why men tend to be unfaithful with women. I know too well, that every girl can offer what the other could offer. So, can a good philosophical thinker give me a rational reason why most men, if not all, are unfaithful?
Re: Why Are Most Men Unfaithful? by hotangel2(f): 10:54pm On Dec 12, 2005
That is one question we are gonna have to ask God on Judgement day.

But i think this started from the begining. Eve gave Adam Apple to eat. Adam obviously trusted her enough.. but after he ate it, he realised she gave him a bad apple. Well, adam probably decided to take everything Eve does as "not good".. so Adam decided to start being unfaithful or summin summin.

Not all men are Unfaithful, but majority of em are. Just like not all girls are evil, but majority of us are.
Re: Why Are Most Men Unfaithful? by FOD(m): 11:48pm On Dec 12, 2005

Not all men are Unfaithful, but majority of em are. Just like not all girls are evil, but majority of us are.

True confessions! smiley...No more no less.
Re: Why Are Most Men Unfaithful? by doubleface(m): 12:18am On Dec 13, 2005
That is one question we are going to have to ask God on Judgement day.

But i think this started from the begining. Eve gave Adam Apple to eat. Adam obviously trusted her enough.. but after he ate it, he realised she gave him a bad apple. Well, adam probably decided to take everything Eve does as "not good".. so Adam decided to start being unfaithful or summin summin.

for example me Mr df
Re: Why Are Most Men Unfaithful? by nferyn(m): 12:18am On Dec 13, 2005
Men and women have different evolutionary strategies to propagate their genes.
the investment a man has to make to have babies is quite minimal: some semen and a little bit of hit time. Quite naturally a coonsiderable amount of his attempts is going to bring a healthy baby and possibly a reproductive adult.
In short, the more partners the man can get away with, the better. But to ensure that his offspring survives (as human infants are very fragile compared to other mammals), he will have to invest effort to care for and protect his mate and children. he will only be (reasonably) certain of his fatherhood in case of his steady partner, so that's where his effort will go (even though it is still far less than for the female).
The woman will have a different reproductive strategy: she wants the best possible steady partner that she can get to take care of her children and herself. She will even choose a genetically inferior mate as long as she is guaranteed of his investment. When a woman is unfaithfull, she is much more picky: she wants a temporary partner with superior genetical qualities and will choose a younger, healthier and/or better looking specimen than her steady partner, to ensure the quality of her offspring.

Of course all of this is only relevant at the analytical level of populations and does not imply anything for individuals (which can have very different choices), but evened out on the level of the population, this is exactly what you'll get.

Summarizing:
* men are slightly (but only slightly) more unfaithful
* men are not picky at all when it comes to choosing a temporary sex partner
* women are very picky when it comes to choosing a temporary sex partner and choose someone healthier, younger, better looking and overall genetically superior to her steady mate
Re: Why Are Most Men Unfaithful? by conscience(m): 4:10am On Dec 13, 2005
ProfBills:

Many a times I wonder why men tend to be unfaithful with women. I know too well, that every girl can offer what the other could offer. So, can a good philosophical thinker give me a rational reason why most men, if not all, are unfaithful?
The answer is not far fetched.
Logically and practically :
You can't eat Egusi soup all year round simple.
Variety is the source of good taste and appetite.
Try Ogbono Soup today, tomorrow Ewedu Soup, next tomorrow Edikankang Soup and Ofe Owerri and so on and tell me how it feels.
One woman's cave every day[use] , my people say '' turns a man impotent''
Abi  I lie?
MEN SPEAK OUT .
grin grin grin grin grin LADIES PLS DON'T CRUCIFY ME NOW.
I am still a ''One man, One Woman'' Campaigner.
Re: Why Are Most Men Unfaithful? by mamba(m): 4:27am On Dec 13, 2005
doubleface:

But i think this started from the begining. Eve gave Adam Apple to eat. Adam obviously trusted her enough.. but after he ate it, he realised she gave him a bad apple. Well, adam probably decided to take everything Eve does as "not good".. so Adam decided to start being unfaithful.
That's enough reason.. grin grin
Re: Why Are Most Men Unfaithful? by hotangel2(f): 4:31am On Dec 13, 2005
That was my reason! Not doubleface's. angry lipsrsealed
Re: Why Are Most Men Unfaithful? by snazzydawn(f): 9:59am On Dec 13, 2005
conscience:
You can't eat Egusi soup all year round simple. Variety is the source of good taste and appetite.
[I don't like how you are] comparing a woman to soup. What if it were the other way round? Would it be ok for you?
Re: Why Are Most Men Unfaithful? by otokx(m): 10:24am On Dec 13, 2005
i do know that some men and even women are unfaithful but to say most ...where did that come from?
Re: Why Are Most Men Unfaithful? by Ezee(m): 2:26pm On Dec 13, 2005
Yeah is true that most men are not been faithful to their partners. I think ius the same thing applicable to the Women too. Man I think u your are guilty of this. hahahahhaha
Re: Why Are Most Men Unfaithful? by lovemii87: 3:05pm On Dec 13, 2005
i dont there is a faithfulman on earth.men are themost stupid set of allcreations.towomen, never fallin love with allur heart cos that man is not 2be trusted
Re: Why Are Most Men Unfaithful? by O4real(m): 3:32pm On Dec 13, 2005
This is most definitely hateful of U, lovemii, 2 think of men this way....plz reverse phrase. Though am not in support of those skull of thots about turning potent on a single lady.....my parents were neva tired.....am not tired either.....plz those guys shld think in terms of putting their energy in fastasy, when having sex and they will stick beta than glue....think of exploring a single plane, dont go multi-dimensional. Then the Joy of sex with ur single partner shall b urs.
Re: Why Are Most Men Unfaithful? by disney(f): 4:22pm On Dec 13, 2005
Well, except if the guy has the spirit of God then he won't be unfaithful.....................it all depends on the person.......................faith and beliefs on adultery and temptations.............but not all men are unfaithful , there are still a lot of faithful guys out there too.
Re: Why Are Most Men Unfaithful? by IAH(f): 11:17pm On Dec 16, 2005
Kai! Conscience, what if your girl/lady/woman also says she needs variety and keeps tasting different types of banana?!!!! Ripe banana today, Unripe banana tomorrow, Ogede dodo, Boli,etc...can you tolerate that? angry angry angry angry
Re: Why Are Most Men Unfaithful? by 2die4: 11:22pm On Dec 16, 2005
unfaithfulness on the part of most men can be traced back to the cave man days...it's all about the hunting, it is born from their greed and uncontrolable desire to conquer, especialy if they feel that whatever it is is out of their reach
Re: Why Are Most Men Unfaithful? by conscience(m): 11:25pm On Dec 16, 2005
IAH:

Kai! Conscience, what if your girl/lady/woman also says she needs variety and keeps tasting different types of banana?!!!! Ripe banana today, Unripe banana tomorrow, Ogede dodo, Boli,etc...can you tolerate that? angry angry angry angry

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS OOOOOOOOOOOH
Let her taste, so that she will know the difference
between Banana and  Plaintain.
How will a child know the difference between a Worm and a Snake?
OR between Breast Milk and Pus  from a boil ,both  on her mothers body?
Re: Why Are Most Men Unfaithful? by 2die4: 11:28pm On Dec 16, 2005
concience, i will realy be interested to see how you will react if/when the woman you mary decides to "taste"..!
Re: Why Are Most Men Unfaithful? by conscience(m): 11:43pm On Dec 16, 2005
2_die_4:

concience, i will realy be interested to see how you will react if/when the woman you mary decides to "taste"..!

What do you expect me to do?
The worst is kill her or the man.
God forbid, i can never kill FOR ANY REASON, TALK LESS FOR AN UNFAITHFUL WOMAN
So what else do you think i can do to her
'' Which Fidel Castro has not done'' according to Tony Montana in SCAREFACE.
Re: Why Are Most Men Unfaithful? by 2die4: 11:46pm On Dec 16, 2005
i expect you to accept that being unfaithful is wrong and stop trying to justify the act...
Re: Why Are Most Men Unfaithful? by conscience(m): 11:54pm On Dec 16, 2005
2_die_4:

i expect you to accept that being unfaithful is wrong and stop trying to justify the act...

IF You expect me to throw the first stone...........na lie.
Tell me how many of 'us' have not been unfaithful at one time or the other.
I try to be very realistic in my approach to life.
Re: Why Are Most Men Unfaithful? by 2die4: 12:00am On Dec 17, 2005
Yes, a lot of "us" have been on faithfull, that is the reality..but that does not make it right...so stop trying to justify it!
Re: Why Are Most Men Unfaithful? by nicetohave(m): 7:06pm On Dec 17, 2005
most men are unfaithful because we operate on a "point and shoot system" and then done cool while women soperate a "smouldering system" but once they start to smoulder.....oh lawd have merci rolleyes
Re: Why Are Most Men Unfaithful? by solomon(m): 5:16pm On Dec 20, 2005
ask women they are the course.
Re: Why Are Most Men Unfaithful? by nicetohave(m): 8:31pm On Dec 20, 2005
grin maybe but.... cool
Re: Why Are Most Men Unfaithful? by ijebuman(m): 2:37pm On Dec 21, 2005
I think the answer lies in nature; most male animals have multiple partners. Which means from a biological standpoint, man is not meant to be monogamous and only stays faithful to a single partner because of societal pressures
Re: Why Are Most Men Unfaithful? by nicetohave(m): 2:39pm On Dec 21, 2005
Its been a long while i aint hear such s**t cool grin
Re: Why Are Most Men Unfaithful? by ijebuman(m): 2:55pm On Dec 21, 2005
whatever grin, are there any other animals apart from humans that have rigid rules regarding reproduction (i.e getting married and staying faithful to one partner), even our closest relatives - Apes have multiple partners.
Re: Why Are Most Men Unfaithful? by nicetohave(m): 2:58pm On Dec 21, 2005
true, but that is why we are called higher mammals, created in the image and likeness of God, not even our closest relative, Apes, are created thus, or do you want to join those species now? smiley
Re: Why Are Most Men Unfaithful? by nferyn(m): 2:59pm On Dec 21, 2005
It ain't no shit at all, Sir. It may be incomplete, but it is certainly no shit.

1. Humans are a near monogamous species, meaning that they have multiple partners (women too, mind you), but are relatively faithful (investment in time and effort) to one partner at each given time.
2. This does not mean that they are naturally inclined to stay with one partner for the rest of their lives, only the time it takes for their offspring to reach an age at which they are less vulnerable, hence serial monogamy and the famous 'seven year itch'
3. Men stay faitful, not that much because of societal pressures, but rather because of the possible consequence for their actions on their main relationship. If no risk was involved, they would be much more unfaithful
4. Don't forget that women are as unfaithful as men. It takes two to tango.
Re: Why Are Most Men Unfaithful? by nicetohave(m): 5:37am On Feb 15, 2006
I dont know if your post is in response to mine or not but i seem to agree with everything you said but i still think there are more to making a man (both male and female) be and remain faithful other than just the fear of the consequences of not being so.

yes, women are equally as unfaithful as men, and i even think when they decide to be unfaithful their acts of it is more hideous than mens'
Re: Why Are Most Men Unfaithful? by mobzy205(f): 6:48am On Feb 15, 2006
number one, ur man and u should know because i have studied men for a long time and they get my last nerves. they cheat a lot y because they cant keed there dick in one position they always yearn for more that they can handle and some of them get there selfs in trouble becos of that. man have always been cheater even if they r married.my advice to women is that they should care if there man is cheating, make sure he is going to stick with u forever cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ashawo Ti TakeTake Over / Relationship Wise: What Does A God-fearing Man Mean? / What's The Average Penis Size And Do Women Really Care?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.