Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

How Much Should A Guy Budget For A First Date With An Average Nigerian Girl? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Much Should A Guy Budget For A First Date With An Average Nigerian Girl? (8514 Views)

My Experience Living With An Average Nigerian Girl. / Dear Average Nigerian Married Men, Hope You Learned Something From Mike O Edward / A Date With Bae In The Ocean, Ladies Can You Do This? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Should A Guy Budget For A First Date With An Average Nigerian Girl? by Nobody: 7:29am On Jun 03, 2017
kaboninc:

NL is a large community.. ..

And specific section?

And you're one of them sheyy

Me i don get Date grin
They in politics, business and family
2% are in romance sec
Re: How Much Should A Guy Budget For A First Date With An Average Nigerian Girl? by marvin902(m): 7:30am On Jun 03, 2017
carry 3k 500 or you take her to your house... finished
Re: How Much Should A Guy Budget For A First Date With An Average Nigerian Girl? by kaboninc(m): 7:32am On Jun 03, 2017
LalaLushness:

Me i don get Date grin
They in politics, business and family
2% are in romance sec

Luscious Lala

You don give me serious work oh. ..
Re: How Much Should A Guy Budget For A First Date With An Average Nigerian Girl? by Nobody: 7:32am On Jun 03, 2017
kaboninc:

Luscious Lala

You don give me serious work oh. ..
Oya start hunting before another guy takes them of nl wink
Re: How Much Should A Guy Budget For A First Date With An Average Nigerian Girl? by shinarlaura(f): 7:36am On Jun 03, 2017
Kondomatic:
Here's a break down of my budget for our first date.

Tfare to where you will drop. N100.

Bike wey go carry us N70

N50 pure water.

2 roasted corn. N50 each.

6 pears. N20 each.

Tfare back to the park N70

Back to my house N100

TOTAL N610

Still expensive.

Stingy you grin grin
Re: How Much Should A Guy Budget For A First Date With An Average Nigerian Girl? by shinarlaura(f): 7:41am On Jun 03, 2017
LalaLushness:

There should be no set rule or guide in how much you spend
You spend according to your wallet size ....

Exactly.
Re: How Much Should A Guy Budget For A First Date With An Average Nigerian Girl? by kaboninc(m): 7:42am On Jun 03, 2017
LalaLushness:

Oya start hunting before another guy takes them of nl wink

cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Guy Budget For A First Date With An Average Nigerian Girl? by Nobody: 7:43am On Jun 03, 2017
shinarlaura:

Exactly.

Beautiful how are you kiss
Don't mind these guys .. lol
Re: How Much Should A Guy Budget For A First Date With An Average Nigerian Girl? by kaboninc(m): 7:43am On Jun 03, 2017
shinarlaura:

Stingy you grin grin

Prove that you're not like him
Re: How Much Should A Guy Budget For A First Date With An Average Nigerian Girl? by kaboninc(m): 7:51am On Jun 03, 2017
Funny thread.. ..
Re: How Much Should A Guy Budget For A First Date With An Average Nigerian Girl? by shinarlaura(f): 7:51am On Jun 03, 2017
LalaLushness:

Beautiful how are you kiss
Don't mind these guys .. lol

Am fine sweetie.

Hope u re doing good too.

I don't understand these guys here oo. And beside most it only be for the guy to pay. This thing is purpose to be 50/50. You as the girl can equally pay. No big deal in it.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Guy Budget For A First Date With An Average Nigerian Girl? by shinarlaura(f): 7:53am On Jun 03, 2017
kaboninc:

Prove that you're not like him

Lol. I can't prove it
Re: How Much Should A Guy Budget For A First Date With An Average Nigerian Girl? by Nobody: 7:54am On Jun 03, 2017
shinarlaura:

Am fine sweetie.

I don't understand these guys here oo. And beside most it only be for the guy to pay. This thing is purpose to be 50/50. You as the girl can equally pay. No big deal in it.

Lol in NIGERIA it is a huge deal .. another topic trending about broke guys and ladies are not happy saying they want rich men ..

It is truly sad ... truly but there are those who think it's no big deal but the money grabbers overshadows them .. hence why guys label chics as gold diggers etc

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Guy Budget For A First Date With An Average Nigerian Girl? by kaboninc(m): 7:56am On Jun 03, 2017
shinarlaura:

Lol. I can't prove it

Ladies in my experience are more stingy than guys.. .
Re: How Much Should A Guy Budget For A First Date With An Average Nigerian Girl? by kaboninc(m): 7:57am On Jun 03, 2017
shinarlaura:

Am fine sweetie.

There's no big deal....it all depends on mind set. Don't blame the guys for thinking that there's a big deal because they speak from experience.
Re: How Much Should A Guy Budget For A First Date With An Average Nigerian Girl? by shinarlaura(f): 7:58am On Jun 03, 2017
kaboninc:

Ladies in my experience are more stingy than guys.. .

Unfortunately u re wrong. Not all ladies. And am proud to say am not one
Re: How Much Should A Guy Budget For A First Date With An Average Nigerian Girl? by shinarlaura(f): 8:01am On Jun 03, 2017
LalaLushness:

Lol in NIGERIA it is a huge deal .. another topic trending about broke guys and ladies are not happy saying they want rich men ..

It is truly sad ... truly but there are those who think it's no big deal but the money grabbers overshadows them .. hence why guys label chics as gold diggers etc

It's really a pity honestly. Such mentality has to change
Re: How Much Should A Guy Budget For A First Date With An Average Nigerian Girl? by shinarlaura(f): 8:06am On Jun 03, 2017
kaboninc:

There's no big deal....it all depends on mind set. Don't blame the guys for thinking that there's a big deal because they speak from experience.

Yeah that I agree with you. Our girls are giving the guys reasons to think that way. But then again not every girl is like that.

And back to the topic. You as the guy can spend what ur pocket can offer.

And beside must it only be for the guy to spend on the first date?
Re: How Much Should A Guy Budget For A First Date With An Average Nigerian Girl? by kaboninc(m): 8:21am On Jun 03, 2017
shinarlaura:

Unfortunately u re wrong. Not all ladies. And am proud to say am not one

Okay, I generalised.....let me rephrase....most ladies

Thumbs up to you!
Re: How Much Should A Guy Budget For A First Date With An Average Nigerian Girl? by kaboninc(m): 8:23am On Jun 03, 2017
shinarlaura:

Yeah that I agree with you. Our girls are giving the guys reasons to think that way. But then again not every girl is like that.

And back to the topic. You as the guy can spend what ur pocket can offer.

And beside must it only be for the guy to spend on the first date?

Lol....I think it depends on who's asking for the date...

If a guy asks for a date, I think its just normal he foots the bill. If you ask for the date, you could also foot the bill.

The issue is not about who's footing the bill but the impression that will be made.
Re: How Much Should A Guy Budget For A First Date With An Average Nigerian Girl? by Nobody: 8:53am On Jun 03, 2017
boiz2men:

i remember sunny fast food well during my medical outreach in fmc gusau... is that still the only fast food in gusau?
I think there is but that's the most popular.
Re: How Much Should A Guy Budget For A First Date With An Average Nigerian Girl? by lazeal: 8:57am On Jun 03, 2017
Raine80:
Don't budget anything. Take her where no money is needed if she is genuine you will hear from her again.
true... one girl, in 2010, refused to pick my call after first meeting and I didn't buy anything. Then I was forking bonny and this happened in Benin but as life will have it, we met at Lekki last year. I was no longer the bonny dude she met, neither do I look malnourished, quite the contrary and thank God for my height as well.

I invited her to my friend's house where I came for a visit and after that day, she started forming lovey dovey... i made series of promises and broke them.

We were supposed to meet yesterday for a hang out but something came up from her end and we have postponed the meet till next weekend. I will just have my fun and move on with life.

I don't forgive people who looked down on me years ago but I can't forgive them. That is why some people say I don't forget the past. I am not where I want to be, but I am not where I used to be. Nobody knows tomorrow and the way Nigerian girls treat guys who seem like they have nothing... as if they are the creator of such guys is really alarming.

Well, this your sister will only be forked and dumped. She is trying to form seriousness.
Re: How Much Should A Guy Budget For A First Date With An Average Nigerian Girl? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jun 03, 2017
lazeal:
true... one girl, in 2010, refused to pick my call after first meeting and I didn't buy anything. Then I was forking bonny and this happened in Benin but as life will have it, we met at Lekki last year. I was no longer the bonny dude she met, neither do I look malnourished, quite the contrary and thank God for my height as well.

I invited her to my friend's house where I came for a visit and after that day, she started forming lovey dovey... i made series of promises and broke them.

We were supposed to meet yesterday for a hang out but something came up from her end and we have postponed the meet till next weekend. I will just have my fun and move on with life.

I don't forgive people who looked down on me years ago but I can't forgive them. That is why some people say I don't forget the past. I am not where I want to be, but I am not where I used to be. Nobody knows tomorrow and the way Nigerian girls treat guys who seem like they have nothing... as if they are the creator of such guys is really alarming.

Well, this your sister will only be forked and dumped. She is trying to form seriousness.

You asked a question I responded, what you choose to do afterwards is up to you. Maybe try dating a different type of woman one who is is made rather than have vendettas with women who looked down upon you once upon a time. Not sure how using them and dumping them validates anything it's just being punitive.
Re: How Much Should A Guy Budget For A First Date With An Average Nigerian Girl? by lazeal: 1:24pm On Jun 03, 2017
Raine80:

You asked a question I responded, what you choose to do afterwards is up to you. Maybe try dating a different type of woman one who is is made rather than have vendettas with women who looked down upon you once upon a time. Not sure how using them and dumping them validates anything it's just being punitive.
Most Nigerian girls look down on people. It is in our DNA. So, I wonder what you are defending. undecided Will already made lady date a guy without ride or enough money? As far as Nigeria is concerned, SHE WILL NOT! I never asked you a question BTW. I was only buttressing your point!
Re: How Much Should A Guy Budget For A First Date With An Average Nigerian Girl? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jun 03, 2017
lazeal:
Most Nigerian girls look down on people. It is in our DNA. So, I wonder what you are defending. undecided Will already made lady date a guy without ride or enough money? As far as Nigeria is concerned, SHE WILL NOT! I never asked you a question BTW. I was only buttressing your point!
It's called being objective , not defending or supporting anyone. I will reiterate broaden horizons birds of a feather sort of thing!
Re: How Much Should A Guy Budget For A First Date With An Average Nigerian Girl? by moorevic(m): 1:47pm On Jun 03, 2017
3000k highest if ain't satisfied make contribute join.
Re: How Much Should A Guy Budget For A First Date With An Average Nigerian Girl? by boiz2men(m): 10:47pm On Jun 03, 2017
LalaLushness:

No problem grin
washee tongue
Re: How Much Should A Guy Budget For A First Date With An Average Nigerian Girl? by Marcelo290(m): 11:55pm On Jun 03, 2017
Some Nigerian girls are very dumb bro, reason I hardly go on dates, my house is my meeting place oh.. so I decided to go on date with this girl, aspa high class babe way she the form, we went to a well known place around town, I bought food, meat and drinks for her to make sure she is satisfied, she is a very boring type of girl which is a huge turn off for me, after everything we parted our ways. The next day this girl chatted me up on whatsapp and demanded I sent airtime to her, person way I just meet, I just dey reason the matter, so cos I spent on her for our first outing, her mind don tell her say she don see better maga? me that hardly spend on girls, rather it's the other way round... I just told her I don't have anything on me at that moment, she didn't gimme any reply, later in the evening I chatted her up, yet she refused to reply, I just laugh free her matter... after about a week she started calling again, but trust me, I already counted her off, she sent loads of messages, for were.. me sef no reply her till date...

You have to be extra smart when dealing with these girls or them go chop you clean mouth, it should be a win - win situation cheesy cheesy
Re: How Much Should A Guy Budget For A First Date With An Average Nigerian Girl? by mekaboy(m): 8:45am On Jun 04, 2017
lazeal:

Guy relax, the girl simply did not want a broke guy, don't hold it against her. You don't know the challenges she is facing in life, you come and carry your own broke problem add for her. If you were in her shoes, you would probably do the same.

Even if she continued with you after that your first date, you would have just slept with her and moved on. Not like you would have married her anyways, after all you are still not married today. So free the girl, every girl has what she is looking for in a man, and if she does not find it in you, let her go and look for one who does .

What if the same girl you think u want to purnish today for ignoring you yesterday, goes to a higher position tomorrow and you will have to need help from her?

My brother life is not by force? Sometimes you put yourself in other people's shoes to understand how they feel. You know you can't afford to buy a bottle of coke on your date, if you were the girl, would you be happy?

There are millions of girls out there, if this one does not like you, keep moving. After all there are girls that liked you then, but u did not want them.
Re: How Much Should A Guy Budget For A First Date With An Average Nigerian Girl? by lazeal: 9:12am On Jun 04, 2017
mekaboy:

Guy relax, the girl simply did not want a broke guy, don't hold it against her. You don't know the challenges she is facing in life, you come and carry your own broke problem add for her. If you were in her shoes, you would probably do the same.

Even if she continued with you after that your first date, you would have just slept with her and moved on. Not like you would have married her anyways, after all you are still not married today. So free the girl, every girl has what she is looking for in a man, and if she does not find it in you, let her go and look for one who does .

What if the same girl you think u want to purnish today for ignoring you yesterday, goes to a higher position tomorrow and you will have to need help from her?

My brother life is not by force? Sometimes you put yourself in other people's shoes to understand how they feel. You know you can't afford to buy a bottle of coke on your date, if you were the girl, would you be happy?

There are millions of girls out there, if this one does not like you, keep moving. After all there are girls that liked you then, but u did not want them.

In those years, I have never nursed the idea of "just dating" and I am just typical in that way. Bros, nobody is broke. The way I see it is FIRST get to know a guy. It was OUR first meeting and the ones WHO gave her, where are they today? I mean where are they?

The issue is not turning down a guy BUT HOW YOU GO ABOUT IT cos nobody knows tomorrow! I am yet to see or hear a girl say she turned down a guy BECAUSE he is not ambitious, he is lazy, he is does not plan about the future... this is because there is no way to know about these traits EXCEPT you actually spend time with the dude. And can you know when you didn't even give it a chance?

Why did she keep my number ? I was just on my own jeje when someone buzzed me on whatsapp cos I switched to my OLD glo line. I still have that line till date and she introduced herself. That was in 2013. In 2016, she was the one THAT CALLED ME and I had to remind her what she did and so she started begging me on the spot.

Ask 100 Nigerian girls why they turned down the last guy who asked them out... and about 80 of them will give you flimsy excuses with majority of that 80 harping on "He is boring" as if Mercy Aigbe, Tonto Dikeh and a host of others didn't get all the fun and excitment.

And I wasn't typically broke in the actual sense, I was just going through a phase when that happened because I had just lost the only parent I knew from birth, struggling to find my feet as there were no source of survival.

What do I expect from them? If he shows interest, be patient to know his goals, ambition, drive...because fun, excitement does not keep a relationship., neither does it put food on the table.

And you know the funniest thing? I am that guy that does not end relationship cos I am focused to the core. An ex who messed up came back begging me like this one described here.

And I am not married because the good ones among them is just too few, very very very few and it is that bad for which most of the ARE very selfish and self centered with parasitic tendencies.

HOW MANY OF THEM ADD VALUE TO MAN'S LIFE? You are man and you talk as if you do not know.
Re: How Much Should A Guy Budget For A First Date With An Average Nigerian Girl? by mekaboy(m): 9:16am On Jun 04, 2017
lazeal:

In those years, I have never nursed the idea of "just dating" and I am just typical in that way. Bros, nobody is broke. The way I see it is FIRST get to know a guy. It was OUR first meeting and the ones WHO gave her, where are they today? I mean where are they?

The issue is not turning down a guy BUT HOW YOU GO ABOUT IT cos nobody knows tomorrow! I am yet to see or hear a girl say she turned down a guy BECAUSE he is not ambitious, he is lazy, he is does not plan about the future... this is because there is no way to know about these traits EXCEPT you actually spend time with the dude. And can you know when you didn't even give it a chance?

Why did she keep my number ? I was just on my own jeje when someone buzzed me on whatsapp cos I switched to my OLD glo line. I still have that line till date and she introduced herself. That was in 2013. In 2016, she was the one THAT CALLED ME and I had to remind her what she did and so she started begging me on the spot.

Ask 100 Nigerian girls why they turned down the last guy who asked them out... and about 80 of them will give you flimsy excuses with majority of that 80 harping on "He is boring" as if Mercy Aigbe, Tonto Dikeh and a host of others didn't get all the fun and excitment.

And I wasn't typically broke in the actual sense, I was just going through a phase when that happened because I had just lost the only parent I knew from birth, struggling to find my feet as there were no source of survival.

What do I expect from them? If he shows interest, be patient to know his goals, ambition, drive...because fun, excitement does not keep a relationship., neither does it put food on the table.

And you know the funniest thing? I am that guy that does not end relationship cos I am focused to the core. An ex who messed up came back begging me like this one described here.

And I am not married because the good ones among them is just too few, very very very few and it is that bad for which most of the ARE very selfish and self centered with parasitic tendencies.

HOW MANY OF THEM ADD VALUE TO MAN'S LIFE? You are man and you talk as if you do not know.

Brother all this story. Long and short, you asked for a date with a young girl and did not offer pure water, it's wrong.
Re: How Much Should A Guy Budget For A First Date With An Average Nigerian Girl? by lazeal: 9:24am On Jun 04, 2017
mekaboy:

Brother all this story. Long and short, you asked for a date with a young girl and did not offer pure water, it's wrong.
it is not wrong...I have visited a girl and GOT nothing as well. I do not hold it against her. Na she decline and I didn't force her. Bro, these girls are confused bunch!

===> https://www.nairaland.com/3823689/nigerian-girls-most-useless

check that out. I know the dude who posted it and I was there when it happened. This one got all the attention and drink too. What did she do?

Admit it, they are confused lots abeg. It has nothing to buying something or not.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Divorce Wife On Honeymoon After Seeing Her First Time Without Makeup (photo) / Lagos Lady Who Visited Facebook Boyfriend Got Stranded In Kubwa Area Of Abuja / My Girlfriend Betrayed Me(pls Any Free Medical Centre In Warri)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.