Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,382 members, 7,822,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Would You Marry a Single Parent? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Marry a Single Parent? (24524 Views)

After Dating Her For Some Months, Never Knew She Was A SINGLE MOTHER. / 'At 25, No Guy Should Be In His Parent's House' / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry a Single Parent? by deeteeneey(f): 6:22pm On Aug 19, 2007
simple MARRY. moreover 2 me oo. the kid isnt a barrier.
Re: Would You Marry a Single Parent? by SwtNsoFLyy(f): 9:50pm On Aug 19, 2007
very interesting topic and views here on marrying a single parent.   Being blessed with a child, I do not consider 'baggage',,  but a gift from God. The sort of 'baggage' that we should rather focus on is, drug use, integrity, how they treat us or their last mate. These are key indicators of negative baggage that will HOLD you down from succeeding into a new chapter in your life.

All single mothers, do not go into relationships with the intent of gaining a father for their child, but a compliment and completion to her very own being.  There are alot of beautiful women in this world, how have had the unfortunate event of a failed marriage. There are also alot of men, that have gone through the same, and may have children as a result.

Its not a matter of judging the lady(or man) of their child,,  but finding that complimentary mate to help us grow, increase our wisdom, as well, reach our fullest potential in life,  If we continue to allow ourselves to be judgemental of the single 'parent' be it,  man or woman,  this immature mindset will hinder us from opening doors to possibly one of GOD's greatest blessing in our lives, 

and this is coming from quite a mature, established, yet stable single mother,   When I find the right mate, he will be honoured other men with this mentality has passed the opportunity by.   God allows us to choose as we desire,,   A bit of wisdom for the younger gentlemen on Nairaland,  everything that glitters aint always  gold,  so be open minded as to weather or not a woman has bear children or even childless,     What matters most is God's divine connection of your hearts and the strength of this woman to uplift you to your highest potential in life,  be blessed,   

peace,

Re: Would You Marry a Single Parent? by toplass(f): 2:07pm On Aug 20, 2007
if i love you truly, i will say yes and yes means both you and your package(kids) my biggest prayer would be for me to be accepted. Havin a child b4 marriage does not change who you are. the problem is having a child outside with whoever after marriage which leads to disaster, betrayal, worst of all ILLEGIMATE CHILD
Re: Would You Marry a Single Parent? by ariblaze(m): 2:20pm On Aug 20, 2007
yeah

i can marry such a person

as a matter of fact i dated a person like that

actively for over 2years
Re: Would You Marry a Single Parent? by Yukito: 7:53pm On Oct 03, 2007
smiley[b][/b]Probably 2 months from now Im getting married with a single mother, but I still cant hide the fact that I am not yet very sure. She was my first woman. I am 23 she's 24 the baby girl is 1 yr old, we both have stable jobs. I know she loves me very much, no questions about it. She would actually die for me, we broke up once and she almost killed her self. And I could say that I am loving her baby. I still do have second thoughts of marrying her but, "I WILL MARRY HER!"
Re: Would You Marry a Single Parent? by holythug(m): 9:04pm On Feb 01, 2008
it depends on situation or let me put it dis way
if i happen to b in love
Re: Would You Marry a Single Parent? by lucabrasi(m): 10:24pm On Feb 01, 2008
hey dude,i think having a kid has nothing to do with a great relationship cause at the end of the day he/she has been honest enuff to let you know they v got a kid and so many guy/girl are worse off and have done worst stuffs and it takes a great person to stick around n take care of a child cause thats called being responsible, i have a son from an ex and i make sure i tell any girl so they ll know wassup
Re: Would You Marry a Single Parent? by adeboo(f): 12:05am On Feb 02, 2008
I would definitely marry a single parent cause i am one.
The thing is that he cant be a father that has multiple baby mamas cause that to me just smells of irresponsibility.

Like its been said, i am not looking for a father for ma baby she has one already - what just makes ma baby special is that she is being treated for sickle cell anemia. So she is a special baby, people say 'baggages' but i say at least she isnt an excess baggage.

I want a relationship for me, someone that will be there for me, that will love me and take care of me. By the grace of God, i can fend for her and i have been doing so since she was born - so i understand when men say they cant marry a woman with kids. I put maself in ma boyfriend's shoes as well and i discussed it with him especially when she is not so well.

So i would marry one but with certain conditions.
Re: Would You Marry a Single Parent? by TaniCarr(f): 10:39pm On Apr 26, 2008
How can you say, if you love her? You have to know she has a child before you fall in love.
Re: Would You Marry a Single Parent? by Vladislav(m): 2:35pm On Apr 28, 2008
Casper,, you need to ask yourself,, ARE YOU A VIRGIN?,, if NO go Bleep yourself,, And stop insulting peoples' essence
Re: Would You Marry a Single Parent? by funmise(f): 8:06pm On Jul 10, 2008
I read dis thread last year June, n nvr tot dat i will b in d same position as the person that started dis thread.

Men, dis is hard, i dnt knw wut 2 think, my mind is gone blank.

I luv my boyfriend so much we ve been goin out 4 2yrs nw b4 i discovered he's got a child

i cant bear d tot marrying a man with a child.

I dnt ve anything against d child, its jus dat ve nvr seen a family with steps dat, there is peace. its only in a vry few %.
Re: Would You Marry a Single Parent? by martho(m): 11:52am On Jul 11, 2008
if she is my ideal woman,why not.there is nothing wrong with that,she could make me a happier man than the singles without a child.it is immatured to think like that.lets grow up.
Re: Would You Marry a Single Parent? by Gamine(f): 12:13pm On Jul 11, 2008
Its a hard decision.

My friend was telling me yesterday she wants to hook me up
with a guy.

This guy is 40 and has six kids, his wife left after confessing to
wanting to poison him.

Would i go for him?

NO!
Re: Would You Marry a Single Parent? by Moyola(f): 12:20pm On Jul 11, 2008
Nope

xcept i was once married aswell dennn . . .mayb
Re: Would You Marry a Single Parent? by lucabrasi(m): 12:26pm On Jul 11, 2008
Gamine:

Its a hard decision.

My friend was telling me yesterday she wants to hook me up
with a guy.

This guy is 40 and has six kids, his wife left after confessing to
wanting to poison him.

Would i go for him?

NO!
are you in the same age range?40 with 6 kids for a girl s pushing it a bit, why would your friend think that ll be a good match
@topic
i dont see anything wrong with it as long as the kids not more than 1or maybe 2,she s more matured and will value her partner more having been through the negative side of a relationship and the hassles of being a single mum
Re: Would You Marry a Single Parent? by Gamine(f): 12:30pm On Jul 11, 2008
@Luca.

i wonder hw young you think i am. undecided

if the guy didnt have those kids, it wouldnt be a bad idea
Re: Would You Marry a Single Parent? by lucabrasi(m): 12:38pm On Jul 11, 2008
Gamine:

@Luca.

i wonder hw young you think i am. undecided

if the guy didnt have those kids, it wouldnt be a bad idea
oh i see,dont mind me had the misplaced believe that you r a young girl,and concluded based on my believe that age diffrence between a girl/woman and man shouldnt be more than 12 years
Re: Would You Marry a Single Parent? by erratic: 12:46pm On Jul 11, 2008
@Poster
Nope. Am not matured enough. But I could date one though. cheesy
Re: Would You Marry a Single Parent? by Gamine(f): 12:47pm On Jul 11, 2008
Age is nothing to Love jo.

i may be more than 15yrs younger than the guy

but if he's evrything i want , i will marry him
Re: Would You Marry a Single Parent? by lucabrasi(m): 1:03pm On Jul 11, 2008
hmmn, age has a lot to do but i guess15 years isnt too bad, love without weighting the options is not being totally real, bianca onoh ojukwu has aged more than her years with taking care of ojukwu,his health,near blindness e.t.c plus kids in their teens wont have a ful life with their dad
Re: Would You Marry a Single Parent? by Gamine(f): 1:11pm On Jul 11, 2008
embarassed sad cry :d
Re: Would You Marry a Single Parent? by lucabrasi(m): 1:23pm On Jul 11, 2008
well, its true but thats my own personal opinion and i might be totally wrong,who knows,
Re: Would You Marry a Single Parent? by Gamine(f): 1:26pm On Jul 11, 2008
i get what you mean anyways
Re: Would You Marry a Single Parent? by whitedove(m): 2:15pm On Jul 11, 2008
There is nothing wrong marrying a single-parent,infact i will be getting married to one come next month, i must confess she is one of the greatest things that has happened to me.,before i met her ,i had so many relationship that were not working,she came and turned my life around.single parents can be liken to wine they get better with process of time.
Re: Would You Marry a Single Parent? by syren: 2:18pm On Jul 11, 2008
whitedove:

There is nothing wrong marrying a single-parent,infact i will be getting married to one come next month, [b]i must confess she is one of the greatest things that has happened to me.,[/b]before i met her ,i had so many relationship that were not working,she came and turned my life around.single parents can be liken to wine they get better with process of time.

I'm very happy to hear that grin
Re: Would You Marry a Single Parent? by FestusUgo: 2:36pm On Jul 11, 2008
No need to walk away , it is an issue because she decided to keep the child , (a commendable thing), you might never have know had she removed the child.

I think its not a big deal. I am currently dating a single mother and i tell you the truth she is the best thing in my life for now.

her daugther calls me daddy because she is found of me. i buy her toys etc takes both mother and daugther out on a good day i i enjoy the little girl's company even if she is just 2year old.

you can't tell until you try.

Mine is wonderful experience because the relationship is very matured because she is experienced, once hurted and never want to pass tru it again.
Re: Would You Marry a Single Parent? by iamunique(f): 10:28am On Sep 01, 2008
Interesting thread.
My best friend is torn between the choice of accepting to marry a single dad. She is madly in love with him and he is also seriously in love with her.
However, the guy's case has plenty 'comma'.
1)He has two kids from the same woman.
2)He was never married legally to the lady but he met the lady's parents and did traditional engagement (this happened when the lady was preggie with the first child)
3)He insists he does not love her and all she did was trap him with the kids.
4)He told my friend that he wants to bring the first child over to his house to stay with him when they get married.
5)His babymama has vowed not to let go and has threatened fire and brimstone when he told her that she should move on and stop waiting for him.
6)He bears all the financial responsibilities of the kids.
7)Babymama still gets to see him because he goes over to her place to see the kids and they all get to hang out together (he claims he wants to bond with the kids and babymama wont allow him to hang out alone with the kids unless she's there with them)

I would appreciate people's opinion on this. My friend is 27 years old. Dude is in his mid 30s.
Re: Would You Marry a Single Parent? by Ola8(m): 12:35pm On Sep 01, 2008
NO, That's is the end.
Re: Would You Marry a Single Parent? by whitelexi(m): 12:37pm On Sep 01, 2008
No, i honestly wont, no matter the situation.
Re: Would You Marry a Single Parent? by Riskie(f): 12:59pm On Sep 01, 2008
I would not want to marry a single parent. It usually doesn't end nicely. The child(ren) usually don't accept you and do their best to ruin your marriage, especially when they are older children. The children's mother is a whole story on its own. Peace is generally missing when the children's mother is in the picture. If you are a young person you should avoid marrying a single parent completely.
Re: Would You Marry a Single Parent? by chessguru(m): 7:11am On Sep 04, 2008
why not? she could even be better than those who are not, each matter will be decided on its own merit, it depends on the personality,
Re: Would You Marry a Single Parent? by suprted(m): 1:35pm On Nov 21, 2008
i would marry a single parent, what's the big deal.

obviously, you have to keep your eyes open and see the lay of the land. but it's not a deal breaker.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

“6 Ways A 'side Chic' Can Trick Her Man Into Spending For Her / Ifu Ennada: Why I Have Been Ruthless To Men / How Can I Make My Wife Happy Again?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.