Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,860 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

4 Things You Can Do If You're Being Taken For Granted In A Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 4 Things You Can Do If You're Being Taken For Granted In A Relationship (47469 Views)

How Did You Find Out That You're Being Cheated On? / 35 Common Body Languages That Says ‘i Love You’: Everyone Takes No 1 For Granted / Many 'high Good Looking' Young Abuja Men Are Being Taken Care Of By Rich Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Things You Can Do If You're Being Taken For Granted In A Relationship by importexpert(m): 2:27pm On Jun 07, 2017
Sometimes ago, you thought it was the right time to be in a relationship. You met your partner, and you were convinced they were the best thing to exist since sliced bread. You started the relationship, and it was pure bliss. You called yourselves repeatedly. The online chats were intense. You both would chat late for thirty minutes only to realize it’s actually been three hours and it was almost 12 am in the morning. The text messages were constant. The surprise love gestures were unending. The glow on your face was too hard for anybody to miss. You both were happy. You were crazy about each other. This was your heaven. This was what you always dreamed of.

Until one day, your partner started missing your calls. You’d wait for hours before the return call came in (if at all it ever did). If you complained, you received the “I’ve been very busy response.” You both are now online, but the chats have halted. You ask why they have not been reading and responding to your messages and they reply that they were not actually online because they forgot to log out. Slowly, you are getting used to not seeing their calls for days. Loving them seems to be like you’re doing yourself a favor. Everything they’ve been doing to make you feel special has stopped. When you register your grievances, they make it sound like you are nagging. You would have walked away, but your heart would just not cooperate. You are crazy about them, and they know this. This is why they feel they are at liberty to act anyhow because they know they will get away with it.

Meanwhile, you are getting sad because you’ve invested so much in the relationship and did not want it to crash. Yet, you can feel the distance between you two widen continuously. The feeling of love you have for them now seems to be your punishment. The weight of having a partner who does not take you seriously anymore is draining you. Your partner is taking your love for granted. You can feel it deep within your heart because this is real.

Hello. Are you A lady or A guy? Do the above describe you? Having a partner who takes you for granted can be frustrating. It can even be crushing if you have put so much into the relationship to make it work. The funny thing is that in some cases, your partner would not end the relationship but yet would not fix things up. So, what can you do about such a relationship? Below are four action points that you can take. While these points are not a guarantee of taking the relationship back to how it was, they are the logical steps that can help you become free in the long run.

Action point one: Talk with your partner

This is the first step to every problem in a relationship. When you sense your partner is taking you for granted, it is time you had a one-on-one discussion with them. It is not a time for phone calls or online chats. If there is distance barrier, you can make use of Skype. But conversations such as these are best done in person. Let them know your grievances. Sometimes in a relationship, there are things you will be angry about which your partner has no idea about. Tell them how you’ve been hurt by their actions and give specific examples.

Action point two: Talk to a close friend

This is the next resort if nothing changes about your relationship. Your partner ought to have a friend that roots for the two of you. This is where they can come in handy. While some people tend to frown at this approach, it can be very helpful. It can help you gain a better understanding of what is really going on. But if you feel this action point is not for you, you can ignore it.

Action point three: Withdraw for a while

If you were busy and you dropped your phone elsewhere, how long would it take you to notice its absence? Thirty minutes? One hour? The reason is that your phone is important to you. We are wired as humans to observe the absence of anything that matters to us. If you got home after a hard day’s work, you are more likely to notice the absence of your television compared to your shoe. Getting the drift? Likewise, you need to know if you are still important to your partner. Withdraw from them for a while and watch if they notice your absence. Quit the calls, the visit, the messages and everything. If they notice it and come back pressing to know what is wrong, you should have another dialogue with them. If they don’t notice and don’t press for it, that is a bad sign.

Action Point Four: End the relationship

If they don’t notice your withdrawal, it means it is time to let go. It is a sign that they are taking you for granted because they stopped loving you a long time ago. Yes, you may still have feelings for them, but it is time to move on. Don’t try to force someone into accepting you or staying with you. You need to recognize when it ends.

An extra action point

Work on yourself: Rather than mope around about the relationship, engross yourself in something new and challenging. Doing this can help you heal faster. Take a trip and visit new places. You can learn a skill or new languages. You can write a book or take a special course. Whatever your choice may be, channel your sadness over the relationship into becoming far better than you are now. Your partner may return or not. What you do with that is entirely up to you. But you can choose not to remain hurt and pained anymore. Remaining in a dating relationship where you are being taken for granted is an abuse to yourself.

140 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 4 Things You Can Do If You're Being Taken For Granted In A Relationship by importexpert(m): 2:28pm On Jun 07, 2017
lets have your own views.
Re: 4 Things You Can Do If You're Being Taken For Granted In A Relationship by tosyne2much(m): 2:29pm On Jun 07, 2017
Nice write-up bro

I dey come

4 Likes

Re: 4 Things You Can Do If You're Being Taken For Granted In A Relationship by Davash222(m): 2:29pm On Jun 07, 2017
For the guys.. If you are being taken for granted, just follow these steps.

1: Go and make money

2: Make Enough money

3: Make plenty money

4: Don't forget to buy Big house and Cars.

Finally, do this..

125 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 4 Things You Can Do If You're Being Taken For Granted In A Relationship by iamDaisy(f): 2:31pm On Jun 07, 2017
Kikiki i know all these but its easier to say and know than do.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Things You Can Do If You're Being Taken For Granted In A Relationship by AngelicDamsel(f): 2:39pm On Jun 07, 2017
Easier said than done! Withdraw for a while and u become a suspect grin grin grin grin grin grin
Meanwhile

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 4 Things You Can Do If You're Being Taken For Granted In A Relationship by OgahBohz: 2:43pm On Jun 07, 2017
best solution ever...

is

never stick one relationship....

at least two to three spouses at a tym...once one ob em is fuking up replace ASAP...

its easier for ladies sef...

seriously why date one guy or girl at a time?,when he or she is not ur fiance ?...

even wen he proposes sef anything can still hapn...

abehg life is too delicate o

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Things You Can Do If You're Being Taken For Granted In A Relationship by YoungBlackRico(m): 2:54pm On Jun 07, 2017
Just walk the phuck out. undecided

©YBR

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Things You Can Do If You're Being Taken For Granted In A Relationship by jhudit(f): 3:01pm On Jun 07, 2017
Davash222:

Finally, do this..
And when you use money to get a girl, she has another boyfriend who isn't rich. You eventually get played and come to say girls are wicked.

Money doesn't buy her love, just her presence.

Davash222:

Money doesn't buy her love Joke of the year.. Have you been to Nigeria before??
You guys never learn. Joke is on you...

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Things You Can Do If You're Being Taken For Granted In A Relationship by Davash222(m): 3:02pm On Jun 07, 2017
jhudit:

And when you use money to get a girl, she has another boyfriend who isn't rich. You eventually get played and come to say girls are wicked.

Money doesn't buy her love, just her presence.
Money doesn't buy her love Joke of the year.. Have you been to Nigeria before??

20 Likes

Re: 4 Things You Can Do If You're Being Taken For Granted In A Relationship by importexpert(m): 3:24pm On Jun 07, 2017
tosyne2much:
Nice write-up bro

I dey come

Thanks bro. I am feeling your works too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Things You Can Do If You're Being Taken For Granted In A Relationship by Realwvn(m): 3:30pm On Jun 07, 2017
Forever Single abeg. I hate the drama.

4 Likes

Re: 4 Things You Can Do If You're Being Taken For Granted In A Relationship by Countrygirl(f): 3:40pm On Jun 07, 2017
Nice write up, I totally agree with you

4 Likes

Re: 4 Things You Can Do If You're Being Taken For Granted In A Relationship by elderhimself(m): 3:53pm On Jun 07, 2017
There's only one thing to do......QUIT !!!! no fronting ....
A defective tooth will always hurt.

3 Likes

Re: 4 Things You Can Do If You're Being Taken For Granted In A Relationship by 0kp0nku: 3:55pm On Jun 07, 2017
Seconded except for the the 2nd point "Talk to a close friend". No time for that shit bro, just move on.

10 Likes

Re: 4 Things You Can Do If You're Being Taken For Granted In A Relationship by RealHaute: 4:04pm On Jun 07, 2017
All the mods in this section are mad; but I have a cure for their madness: they should find a big cucumber and sit on it until they've had their fill. Bunch of nonentities. I already typed too much for such irrelevant people. *spits on their empty skulls* grin

11 Likes

Re: 4 Things You Can Do If You're Being Taken For Granted In A Relationship by greatcid02(m): 4:36pm On Jun 07, 2017
This post has just explained everything happening in my relationship. I will speak up in due time about it to this family.

I love your ideas...it's just the reality of life.

May God help us!

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Things You Can Do If You're Being Taken For Granted In A Relationship by rawpadgin(m): 5:29pm On Jun 07, 2017
best relationship advice i have come across here!

i am in the last stage right now, looking forward to dumping her crazy a$$

i am good looking, have a good job yet one mumu wan use my heart play because i say make i test how love dey be

36 Likes

Re: 4 Things You Can Do If You're Being Taken For Granted In A Relationship by NwaAmaikpe: 5:32pm On Jun 07, 2017
shocked

Things to do If you are being taken for granted in a relationship.

- Disgrace your partner at their place of work

-Masturbate some joy back to your life

-Post some slaying pics on social media

- Get a fûckboy/girl

-Cheat on your partner.

-Give your partner's picture to an Alfa, a mallam or a prophetess

-Cook with otapiapia

-Wake up by 12am náked and swear for your partner.

-Dump your partner

-Infect your partner with STDs

If this does not work, then your case is spiritual.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 4 Things You Can Do If You're Being Taken For Granted In A Relationship by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 07, 2017
Silent treatment works.

Try it when they withdraw from you.

15 Likes

Re: 4 Things You Can Do If You're Being Taken For Granted In A Relationship by adorablevic: 5:32pm On Jun 07, 2017
easier said than done jare...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Things You Can Do If You're Being Taken For Granted In A Relationship by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jun 07, 2017
March brake, put hydraulic and reverse angry

8 Likes

Re: 4 Things You Can Do If You're Being Taken For Granted In A Relationship by SNIPER123: 5:33pm On Jun 07, 2017
embarassed
Re: 4 Things You Can Do If You're Being Taken For Granted In A Relationship by miqos02(m): 5:33pm On Jun 07, 2017
seeb
Re: 4 Things You Can Do If You're Being Taken For Granted In A Relationship by planetx13: 5:33pm On Jun 07, 2017
A[sup][/sup]
Re: 4 Things You Can Do If You're Being Taken For Granted In A Relationship by smartty68(m): 5:34pm On Jun 07, 2017
Davash222:

Finally, do this..
Whatever you do just remember that money can't buy love... You may want to quote otherwise but that's fine

3 Likes

Re: 4 Things You Can Do If You're Being Taken For Granted In A Relationship by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jun 07, 2017
Go for deeper Love
Re: 4 Things You Can Do If You're Being Taken For Granted In A Relationship by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jun 07, 2017
I am Alpha male... U dare not take me for granted me in a relationship !
In fact, am too charming and charismatic to be for such scenario.
Unfortunately... I am a Yoruba Demon !
I am still looking for that lucky lady that will tame my wild heart...cos I will love her so much that even Athena herself will be jealous.

3 Likes

Re: 4 Things You Can Do If You're Being Taken For Granted In A Relationship by calibet(m): 5:34pm On Jun 07, 2017
True talk
Re: 4 Things You Can Do If You're Being Taken For Granted In A Relationship by dumie(f): 5:36pm On Jun 07, 2017
Noted

3 Likes

Re: 4 Things You Can Do If You're Being Taken For Granted In A Relationship by Edopesin: 5:36pm On Jun 07, 2017
No Madafacking Girl Dares Take Me For Granted

There Are Many Fishes In The Ocean

Waiting for the first girl to quote me

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wow Most Hilarious And Funny Valentine Pic / 34 Movies Where The Actors Really Did It / What Is The Ideal Age For A Girl/Lady To Get Married?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.