Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,350 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? (13826 Views)

The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In Nigeria / The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In The World / The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by mytym(m): 2:45pm On Jun 10, 2017
sekxy:
greetings to u all..
guys what's ur take on female Engineers..because i have come across some guys that think it's weird for a lady to study and work as an Engineer..some think it's a Herculean task for a lady,while some think they can't make a good wife..like keeping a good home ..while some think that most of them are not attractive because of their masculine nature..
some people always discredit the fact that a lady will make a good Engr..

working in a firm and having female Engr that also work in the same firm u work in..how do u feel having them around u...

thanks

Actually the female brain due to more grey mater than the male brain, makes them extremely intelligent and brilliant. They are usually very smart and better engineers. The ones who are good are exceptional but few...Usually besting the male folk.

They are best suited for Research institutes, Engineering Laboratory Analytics​, Softworks generally where less muscular aptitudes are required.

It's observable that there are fewer ladies in Mechanical.Civil. Agricultural Engineering while there are more in Chemical.Computer. Petroleum. Biomedical.

Electrical Engineering usually oscillates in the middle,
attracting very intelligent women of high aptitudes more than the other 'muscular' disciplines and sometimes having less than the modern newer disciplines.

I respect ladies in Engineering and naturally extend the same to a female engineering undergrad.

Ladies make the best engineers but they're still very few relative to the total female population.

I recommend a movie Hidden Figures. It's a 2016 movie based on the unrecognized contributions of 3 black female NASA employees towards the launch of US mission to Space.

5 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 10, 2017
mytym:

Actually the female brain due to more grey mater than the male brain, makes them extremely intelligent and brilliant. They are usually very smart and better engineers. The ones who are good are exceptional but few...Usually besting the male folk.

They are best suited for Research institutes, Engineering Laboratory Analytics​, Softworks generally where less muscular aptitudes are required.

It's observable that there are fewer ladies in Mechanical.Civil. Agricultural Engineering while there are more in Chemical.Computer. Petroleum. Biomedical.

Electrical Engineering usually oscillates in the middle,
attracting very intelligent women of high aptitudes more than the other 'muscular' disciplines and sometimes having less than the modern newer disciplines.

I respect ladies in Engineering and naturally extend the same to a female engineering undergrad.

Ladies make the best engineers but they're still very few relative to the total female population.

I recommend a movie Hidden Figures. It's a 2016 movie based on the unrecognized contributions of 3 black female NASA employees towards the launch of US mission to Space.
thank u alot..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by frank043(m): 4:14pm On Jun 10, 2017
sekxy:

yeah..I'm a finalist.and also working....

Great. What branch of engineering? I'm yet to meet a female engineer that will thrill me.
Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 10, 2017
frank043:

Great. What branch of engineering? I'm yet to meet a female engineer that will thrill me.
mechanical Engineering

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by smilingfemi(f): 4:44pm On Jun 10, 2017
so happy to be a female engineer
Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by smilingfemi(f): 4:47pm On Jun 10, 2017
so happy to be a female engineer. a civil engineer

Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by geekybabe(f): 4:48pm On Jun 10, 2017
johnson11:
let me invite one to explain what people think of her being a female engineer @geekybabe @geekybabe come explain yourself!

Lolss.
Being a female engineer is interesting. Pple look at you differently. Like you are some wonder. There is this respect and regard you get when pple know you are an engineer. You even get privileges easily on the job.
Its a world of men in engineering tho. I am glad its gradually changing.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by Ojugunrege(f): 5:05pm On Jun 10, 2017
I'm female. I'm an engineer, graduated in flying colours from OAU...chemical engineering - practised for about 10 years now. I'm a wife, I'm a mum.
I work with male & female engineers

Female engineers...we simply rock.. kiss

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by AyPearl(f): 5:29pm On Jun 10, 2017
My mom is an engineer Am proud of her
Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by Kentrasso(f): 6:25pm On Jun 10, 2017
Not all female engineers are intelligent tho. Some of them were manipulated into engineering by the high standards and reputation of their families. many parents like to be called the father/mother or engr so and so, doctor such and such. #yinmu angry
Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by pLord: 7:08pm On Jun 10, 2017
Wow that's good. I wish you the very best.
sekxy:

dear,my love for physics left me with no option..
and the love for practical knowledge of things

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by tsound(m): 7:22pm On Jun 10, 2017
sekxy:

mechanical Engr
wat level pls?
Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by Electronzeez(m): 10:07pm On Jun 10, 2017
darlenese:
they are never pretty. always strong like man

Na lie , I have like four in my class then and they are very pretty .

I have seen a lady programmer and you won't even know because that does not stop her from slaying cheesy. She is very good with she does .I am always like how is this even possible this girl can code .

There is another one that work for multichoice .she is very intelligent ,studied elect/elect and she can read schematics like she was born with it .
Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by Aratondara: 6:47pm On Jun 12, 2017
Am proud to be a C n C (civil and cute) Female engineer with no masculine body...
Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by Emasel(m): 1:21pm On Jun 15, 2017
Kentrasso:
Not all female engineers are intelligent tho. Some of them were manipulated into engineering by the high standards and reputation of their families. many parents like to be called the father/mother or engr so and so, doctor such and such. #yinmu angry

But you're doing well as an Engineer smiley
Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by Kentrasso(f): 8:06pm On Jun 18, 2017
x
Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by Kentrasso(f): 7:19pm On Jul 24, 2017
Emasel:

But you're doing well as an Engineer smiley

I am by the grace of God

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by ekele99(m): 8:41pm On Jul 24, 2017
Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by MrCork: 7:35pm On Jul 25, 2017
sekxy:
greetings to u all..
guys what's ur take on female Engineers..because i have come across some guys that think it's weird for a lady to study and work as an Engineer..some think it's a Herculean task for a lady,while some think they can't make a good wife..like keeping a good home ..while some think that most of them are not attractive because of their masculine nature..
some people always discredit the fact that a lady will make a good Engr..

working in a firm and having female Engr that also work in the same firm u work in..how do u feel having them around u...

thanks

...so who's the fine babe on yorrr foto profile an y do u steal order people foto jusss to impress we Londonner? undecided

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 25, 2017
MrCork:

...so who's the fine babe on yorrr foto profile an y do u steal order people foto jusss to impress we Londonner? undecided
are you stupid or pretending to be stupid...??you think I have time for your silly self this night..
Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by MrCork: 9:29pm On Jul 25, 2017
sekxy:

are you stupid or pretending to be stupid...??you think I have time for your silly self this night..

...u still person foto on yorrr profile then u get up set cozzzz we expose u...shame on u!!
angry
Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 25, 2017
MrCork:

...u still person foto on yorrr profile then u get up set cozzzz we expose u...shame on u!!
angry
I don't have your time...that's me if you must know
Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by MrCork: 9:32pm On Jul 25, 2017
sekxy:

... anyways jusss in case u ask..I drive £28000(cash) range rover spot!! wink
Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by MrCork: 9:37pm On Jul 25, 2017
sekxy:

I don't have your time...that's me if you must know

...don't belif u ...u not that fine... Tryinna impress me cozzzz am from London ain't gonnno fly!! {Real talk) angry

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 25, 2017
MrCork:

... anyways jusss in case u ask..I drive £28000(cash) range rover spot!! wink
I tire for your matter
Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by Saraben(f): 3:13pm On Jul 27, 2017
frank043:

I think should thrill you, graduated with first class mechanical engineering, the only female in my class and the best graduating student in my department. .. it's God
Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by frank043(m): 2:49pm On Jul 28, 2017
Saraben:

I think should thrill you, graduated with first class mechanical engineering, the only female in my class and the best graduating student in my department. .. it's God

That's pretty awesome, I must commend your hard work. But, do you expect this to thrill me?... Nah, it doesn't. First Class is just a grade, or do you think you are the only female in engineering that I have come across that made such grade? I had them in my graduating class and faculty with more accomplishments. It's not meant to thrill anyone my dear. Jaw-dropping feats can thrill me, not an over rated grade. You clearly failed to understand the context of 'thrill'.
Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by frank043(m): 3:14pm On Jul 28, 2017
geekybabe:

Lolss.
Being a female engineer is interesting. Pple look at you differently. Like you are some wonder. There is this respect and regard you get when pple know you are an engineer. You even get privileges easily on the job.
Its a world of men in engineering tho. I am glad its gradually changing.

Most practicing female engineers tend to tacitly leave their responsibilities for their male counterparts, coming up with different obnoxious excuses. This is a first hand account. Clearly what you call PRIVILEGES.
Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by frank043(m): 3:17pm On Jul 28, 2017
chikazor:
i am an engineer with a reputable international oil and gas organisation... proud to be one.pretty yup

What branch of engineering?
Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by Amarrarr: 10:30am On Jul 08, 2022
kevoh:
I have two beautiful female friends (3 actually )who are engineers. smiley One is a mechanical engineer and the other is an elect/elect engineer like me. People's perception about female engineers is because they know little about engineering. So long you stick to standard safe engineering practices any properly trained professional engineer will do his/her job without problem.
Hi can you please link me to your female engineering friends? I'd like to work with them. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) / Maximize Your Talents: 10 Questions That Will Help Shape Your Career / #FOREXCrisis: Food And Beverage Sector To Sack 3m Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.