Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,483 members, 7,816,143 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? (13819 Views)

The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In Nigeria / The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In The World / The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by jimbson: 7:29am On Jun 10, 2017
sekxy:
greetings to u all..
guys what's ur take on female Engineers..because i have come across some guys that think it's weird for a lady to study and work as an Engineer..some think it's a Herculean task for a lady,while some think they can't make a good wife..like keeping a good home ..while some think that most of them are not attractive because of their masculine nature..
some people always discredit the fact that a lady will make a good Engr..

working in a firm and having female Engr that also work in the same firm u work in..how do u feel having them around u...

thanks

Would love to marry one..

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by darlenese(f): 7:29am On Jun 10, 2017
Temmi001:
And that's just why you won't understand the meaning of SEO.

Olodo feeling funky. I don't understand bcoz I didn't read through
Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by Dasgoro: 7:31am On Jun 10, 2017
When a lady can understand interation, wow : that lady got my respect and attention.
Dont get it twisted, there is nothing as seductive like a beautiful and intelligent animal.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by homerac7: 7:31am On Jun 10, 2017
Worked with several. On average, female engineers are very professional and capable. You only should know not to overburden them with too much physical tasks. Apart from that, they are usually fantastic to work with.

A female mechanical fitter and another female machinist contributed immensely to my workshops trainings as a pupil engineer. They taught me with ease and allowed me to take up tasks.

As junior engineer, I found female senior engineers as competent and detailed as their male colleagues.

As maturing engineer, I hardly see gender when we are at work. They go toe to toe with you (apart from the natural fact that they carry more of family responsibilities to work place- which nobody can do anything about it)
Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by femo86(m): 7:31am On Jun 10, 2017
Thinking of Inequality...SMH

Female Engineers...Male Nurses....etc, We are all equal

Nothing weird in it.
Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by darkid1(m): 7:34am On Jun 10, 2017
Based on my experience in the civil engineering world... Not even construction. Design . They are really really really lazy, and like to transfer work to their male colleagues.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by Temmi001: 7:34am On Jun 10, 2017
darlenese:

Olodo feeling funky. I don't understand bcoz I didn't read through
I'd have loved to school you, but I find it a waste of time. And don't think I'll engage you in a war of words. I find filling a basket more fulfilling.

Don't bother mentioning me, I won't reply. I don't reply people who hardly know what SEO means.
Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by tdayof(m): 7:36am On Jun 10, 2017
In my class we have got just 6 females. They're very fascinating and really brilliant. What I have noticed is they're very good at a particular aspect.

Thumbs up to them.

When it comes to practical, they're very innovative. I prefer having at least a lady on my team during live practical because they are always ready to work and this serves as a challenge.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by Brugo(m): 7:38am On Jun 10, 2017
Nothing special about it. Guys study engineering so why should it be strange or special if the ladies do?
Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by Nobody: 7:38am On Jun 10, 2017
jimbson:

Would love to marry one..
wooow..what will inpire u to marry one
Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by Souljaboi1: 7:38am On Jun 10, 2017
We had less than 10/200+ in my UG days and just 2/46 in ML.

Not really interacted with a lot of them but those who are serious, are very serious.

The kind of people who would disprove and modify Schrodinger's equation. grin

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by hedonistic: 7:38am On Jun 10, 2017
The same thing I think about most female 'professionals' in Nigeria. Not who I would call upon if I want to get a good job done. Their calling card is seldom their expertise or competence, but the sentimental/blackmail-laden fact of their being a 'female' this or that.

They work best as cogs in the wheel...as freeloaders in organisational teams. Seldom excel as creative leaders or brilliant solopreneurs who fashion out innovative, 'good thinking' solutions to solve difficult problems.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by Nobody: 7:39am On Jun 10, 2017
phiszo:
What did you study?
mechanical Engr

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by NLbully(m): 7:40am On Jun 10, 2017
Female Engineers are never pretty angry
Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 10, 2017
Jalal:
Female engineers got my respect. Are u an engineering graduate/undergraduate?
yeah..I'm a finalist.and also working....
Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by pLord: 7:41am On Jun 10, 2017
I don't agree with those that think female engineers are not pretty. The cutest and most homely woman I met in my life is an engineer. Any uniben class of '12 electrical engineering graduate will understand what I mean. The sweetest part was that we played FIFA late into the night yet mesmerized me with her intelligence and knowledge in the field.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by Nobody: 7:42am On Jun 10, 2017
hemartins:
In my first year in school I had a notion that only not too pretty ladies are on engineering department. As time goes, I was challenged by their amazing brilliance and intelligence. They have a normal female life style and some take no nonsense. They see strength in their weakness and they capitalize on it.
I respect them alot
The best graduating student from my class was the only female.
woow that's inspiring. .and right now,females are topping in grades
Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by Nobody: 7:42am On Jun 10, 2017
hemartins:
In my first year in school I had a notion that only not too pretty ladies are on engineering department. As time goes, I was challenged by their amazing brilliance and intelligence. They have a normal female life style and some take no nonsense. They see strength in their weakness and they capitalize on it.
I respect them alot
The best graduating student from my class was the only female.
woow that's inspiring. .and right now,females are topping in grades in my faculty

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by Nobody: 7:43am On Jun 10, 2017
pLord:
I don't agree with those that think female engineers are not pretty. The cutest and most homely woman I met in my life is an engineer. Any uniben class of '12 electrical engineering graduate will understand what I mean. The sweetest part was that we played FIFA late into the night yet mesmerized me with her intelligence and knowledge in the field.
yeah ..female Engrs rock
Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by Temmi001: 7:47am On Jun 10, 2017
darlenese:

you must be dumb to think I don't know what it means.,I only read what will benefit my biz and I don't need any online branding to my biz visible. ur father wasted his time training and Olodo like u. you don't have time for war of words but u have time to type lol this too from your catarrh filled tank you call a brain.

guess what? I have all the to fix ur brain this morning. nincompoop!
LOL. OK. SLAYQUEEN olodo. What is SEO. You now see why I find it time wasting to engage you in a conversation? You're DULL. embarassed And hardly do you even know what SEO means, and even, "war of words".
Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by Outofsync(m): 7:49am On Jun 10, 2017
Same way I view female gamers

A rare and special breed....
Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by Nobody: 7:50am On Jun 10, 2017
darkid1:
Based on my experience in the civil engineering world... Not even construction. Design . They are really really really lazy, and like to transfer work to their male colleagues.
hahahahahaha...I don't have such ladies in my set...the ladies there are fabulous
Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by Nobody: 7:51am On Jun 10, 2017
Outofsync:
Same way I view female gamers

A rare and special breed....
lol ..exactly
Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by knight05(m): 7:51am On Jun 10, 2017
park here
Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by jimbson: 7:51am On Jun 10, 2017
sekxy:

wooow..what will inpire u to marry one

Their imagination, creativity, and culinary skills are just amazing, I mean a female engineer will inspire u to be the best at what you do

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by Nobody: 7:52am On Jun 10, 2017
NLbully:
Female Engineers are never pretty angry
lol..we have lots of pretty ones in my faculty dear
Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by Nobody: 7:53am On Jun 10, 2017
jimbson:

Their imagination, creativity, and culinary skills are just amazing, I mean they will always inspire me to be the best event ma worst
thumbs up!!

that is what they are known for
Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by NLbully(m): 7:56am On Jun 10, 2017
sekxy:

lol..we have lots of pretty ones in my faculty dear
Which school undecided

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by darlenese(f): 7:57am On Jun 10, 2017
Temmi001:
LOL. OK. SLAYQUEEN olodo. What is SEO. You now see why I find it time wasting to engage you in a conversation? You're DULL. embarassed And hardly do you even know what SEO means, and even, "war of words".

children of nowadays SMH. without google they can't even breathe.
Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 10, 2017
Young03:
shebi una say wat a man can do

women can do it better

female engines r good
bt dry...always ugly
lol..I don't think so..
we have many pretty ladies here..and they are great..both inside and outside
Re: What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? by Temmi001: 7:59am On Jun 10, 2017
darlenese:

children of nowadays SMH. without google they can't even breathe.
It's not my fault you don't know how to use Google.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Petrol And Cash Scarcity: Office Workers, How Are You Coping? / Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) / Maximize Your Talents: 10 Questions That Will Help Shape Your Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.