Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,294 members, 7,826,170 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Igbo Free To Form Their Own Nation, We Can Live Without Them — Arewa Youths - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Free To Form Their Own Nation, We Can Live Without Them — Arewa Youths (40097 Views)

Buhari/Osinbajo’s Whereabouts: Arewa Youths Call For Femi Adesina’s Resignation / Igbo People Crave Own Nation As Tensions Rise In Nigeria !!!!the Washinton Times / Igbo Free To Form Their Own Nation, We Can Live Without Them — Arewa Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Free To Form Their Own Nation, We Can Live Without Them — Arewa Youths by IfeNtinye: 10:31am On Jun 11, 2017
buchilino:

NNE I RESPECT UR OPINION, BUT BELIEVE ME AFTER SERVING IN PLACES LIKE NIGERIAN ARMY, POLICE, CUSTOMS, MINS OF AGRIC, ETC, U MAY CHANGE UR MIND ABOUT NIGERIA.
Don't mind that irrational housewife that doesn't know what and how things work in Nigeria
all she knows is
get money from husband
breast feed the baby
cook food
eat
repeat

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Free To Form Their Own Nation, We Can Live Without Them — Arewa Youths by Nobody: 10:31am On Jun 11, 2017
FUCKU:

you are a bastard. Speak for yourself and lastly, change your real name to Mustafi or MUSA

Shut up and stop calling another person a bastard for giving her opinion which was backed up by verifiable facts. Yes one Nigeria is a scam but I can confidently say you Igbos will be worse. During the civil war how did ojukwu treat the people from cross river, present day akwa ibom and the people from rivers? You IBO's treated them badly even in their own land. You IBO's just have an insatiable greed for money and power, isn't it a shame that the average IBO man is associated with cheating , rituals, and dishonest gain? If Biafra is formed, it will only be so that the IBO's can exploit the resources in the south through cunning and all that, akwa ibom, cross river and rivers state will not be part of an experiment doomed to fail. Greedy people. As in their love of money is legendary.
Truth is Nigeria is not ready to separate, as all the so called Niger delta groups are just in for their interest. The root cause of the problem, selfishness and greed has not been dealt with.
Behave yourself o

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Free To Form Their Own Nation, We Can Live Without Them — Arewa Youths by ayindejimmy(m): 10:31am On Jun 11, 2017
IfeNtinye:
[s][/s]
Shatap there and get out
go and face your family
some discussion are not for selfish people like you who only think for themselves
Nonsense trash

Actually, it's you that's only thinking of yourself because you don't have any immediate family. So you don't care what happens.
Someone with his/her own Family will talk with wisdom
Re: Igbo Free To Form Their Own Nation, We Can Live Without Them — Arewa Youths by Stkilda(m): 10:32am On Jun 11, 2017
ettybaba:

Can there be Biafra without an Exodus?
You are free to carry your properties along.

Good! Get out of their land and hand over your oil wells. Then you can run your beautiful country with sand. I am sure you have got a lot of it up there in the North.
Re: Igbo Free To Form Their Own Nation, We Can Live Without Them — Arewa Youths by ibadanfinest(m): 10:32am On Jun 11, 2017
hammerF:

U dont reason like a Human so i will not reply u as one. This is my understanding from wat u wrote.

My brother I understand. I hope you are not crying sha.
Re: Igbo Free To Form Their Own Nation, We Can Live Without Them — Arewa Youths by discusant: 10:32am On Jun 11, 2017
ettybaba:

Can there be Biafra without an Exodus?
You are free to carry your properties along.

The Real Exodus of southern Nigerians from the north took place when Boko Haram started with shooting and bombing Churches, markets, quarters and bus stops where Igbos congregate in the north of Nigeria.

Lots of the young people who march the streets for Biafra today are refugees from the Real Exodus from northern Nigeria when Boko Haram struck.

Boko Haram says it is fighting for a country to be ruled with Islamic Sharia criminal codes.

The unfriendly environment of Sharia criminal codes adopted by northern Nigeria also aided in the Exodus of easterners from the north.

These easterners still living in the north are those Igbos call "Oshi onwu Igbos." They can die because of their businesses and landed property in the north.
Re: Igbo Free To Form Their Own Nation, We Can Live Without Them — Arewa Youths by IfeNtinye: 10:33am On Jun 11, 2017
[s]
maureensylvia:

my pain is d relocation of a thing, its painful to go back and start from scratch... who prays for that?

those telling u to come back might b depending on u for feeding and will even like to finish d one u came back with.

if at all they want to create Biafra (which I don't want cos I believe in one Nigeria) fine they can, but they should do so in peace.

war is not the best thing its only d youth who haven't experienced war shout war war war. our fathers who have experienced it frowns against it.
an adage goes like "ihe nna no n'ala hu nwatakiri no n'elu enweghi ike ihu ya"

if Biafra is all they want fine, then we will retain our citizenship here, anyone that wants to come to north should apply visa
[/s]
you can relocate your family to your one Nigeria when the chips are down
Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Free To Form Their Own Nation, We Can Live Without Them — Arewa Youths by riseagain(m): 10:34am On Jun 11, 2017
oya who don ready to go

Re: Igbo Free To Form Their Own Nation, We Can Live Without Them — Arewa Youths by buchilino(m): 10:34am On Jun 11, 2017
danjumakolo:

OK ooo..but bro I still believe one Nigeria is better

I PROMISE U ONCE JUSTICE N EQUITY START EXISTING, BIAFRA WILL BE A THING OF D PAST.
Re: Igbo Free To Form Their Own Nation, We Can Live Without Them — Arewa Youths by jomoh: 10:34am On Jun 11, 2017
buchilino:

DATS Y I SAID I UNDERSTAND UR PAIN BUT IN REALITY, CERTAIN EVENTS R BEYOND OUR CONTROL. IT'S ALL IN OUR MINDS, IF WE CAN DO IT D NORTH, U CAN STILL ACHIEVE IT IN IGBOLAND. LIKE I SAID IT'S ALL IN OUR MINDS.

Initially I thought you guys were doing this to get attention of the whole country to the neglect of your region which was actually working and people like me were getting to see and know the reality of the marginalization but now it seems you guys have seem to have taken it too far and you seem serious and bent on achieving your Biafra.

Why did I say too far?

Did you guys really thought it can be achieved through referendum? I don't think so cos you've not taken realistic steps towards that.

If not through referendum will it be through war?

The last and most disturbing question is that,

What do you think will happen if all fails especially the war path?

What do you think will be the status of your people within the Nigerian space after plunging the nation into it's second civil war in history?

Scotland has been trying to push for referendum for more than 100years.

Barcelona has been doing so since their civil war in the 60years ago.
Re: Igbo Free To Form Their Own Nation, We Can Live Without Them — Arewa Youths by ibadanfinest(m): 10:35am On Jun 11, 2017
Stkilda:

Good! Get out of their land and hand over your oil wells. Then you can run your beautiful country with sand. I am sure you have got a lot of it up there in the North.

You see ehn. its good to have sense. Once biafra is formed, the resources of the east automatically will be under the control of biafra. They cannot return oil well nah, but you can tax them to death. Better still property exchange can take place.
Re: Igbo Free To Form Their Own Nation, We Can Live Without Them — Arewa Youths by victorazy(m): 10:35am On Jun 11, 2017
Daddybright1986:
I'm smelling war in Nigeria

All I know is that on the judgement day I will hold Nigerian flag so that God will know what i have passed through I can't afford to face hell twice

hehehehehehehehehehe
grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Free To Form Their Own Nation, We Can Live Without Them — Arewa Youths by IfeNtinye: 10:35am On Jun 11, 2017
[s]
ayindejimmy:

Actually, it's you that's only thinking of yourself because you don't have any immediate family. So you don't care what happens.
Someone with his/her own Family will talk with wisdom
[/s]
trash trash trash

1 Like

Re: Igbo Free To Form Their Own Nation, We Can Live Without Them — Arewa Youths by project55: 10:35am On Jun 11, 2017
nurex01:
President of the Arewa Youth Consultative Forum, Shettima Yerima, in this interview with BAYO AKINLOYE says the statement issued by the Coalition of Northern Groups on Tuesday asking the Igbo to leave the North for their various states in the South-East was quoted out of context

Are you on the run from the Nigeria Police?

For what? Why should I be on the run? I have committed no crime.

You have been declared wanted by the police and the Kaduna State Government for the quit notice you and other groups of youths in the North issued to the Igbo living in the region.

I have not received any invitation from the Nigeria Police. But if I am invited by the police, I will willingly honour their invitation. There is no issue about that – but as of the time that I am talking to you right now (Thursday), the police have not called me for any interrogation.

Do you have any apology concerning the statement you, along with others, issued on Tuesday?

Apology for what? And exactly what part of the statement are you referring to? The Coalition of Northern Groups, after due consultation came up with a position as regard the disposition of the Indigenous People of Biafra. Our position is very clear: we have the intention of helping the Igbo to get the international attention they want so that they can leave Nigeria in peace. At no time did we advocate violence or make any attempt to incite anyone in the North or any other part of the country, to engage in violence against any tribe.

But you gave them a three-month notice to leave the North?

Yes; because by then they would have had a referendum to decide whether they want to be part of Nigeria or they want to have an independent nation of their own. If after the three months they succeed in getting a referendum in having an independent state of Biafra, what business do they have again in the North? They should go back to their Biafra. We did not ask them to go. They said they want to go. They are the ones demanding for their own independent nation and we said ‘OK, we will help you.’

I should add that the silence of the Igbo in the North concerning the call by IPOB for a state of Biafra indicates that they are in support of the agitation – it is what we term ab initio, as conspiracy of silence. They have agreed to have their own nation; then they should go – IPOB is speaking for them. If not, they should have come out to say, ‘No, IPOB does not represent us. We do not want to be part of the Biafra being called by IPOB.’ They didn’t say that. We are all living witnesses to the Biafran agitation. Everybody wants to leave Nigeria but nobody moves. Therefore, it clearly means they (Igbo in the North) are in agreement with them (IPOB).

It is not our intention or plan to push them out of the North by force – no, that’s not our intention. We won’t do that. We are only encouraging them to leave. If they have decided to be part of an independent Biafran state, why are they wasting time still living in other people’s land? They should go to their region if they want to go; we will help them to leave. They should leave. But if at the end of the referendum and they vote to remain as part of Nigeria, we are willing to receive them back. Our declaration is by no means a call for violence. By upbringing and orientation, as northern youths we are not inclined to violence. We believe in peaceful resolution of conflicts.

decide whether they want to remain a part of the country; and we are helping them to get the referendum initiated, hoping that by the end of the three month’s (ultimatum), they would have chosen to form their own nation. We will continue to help them to the extent that their voice would be heard in the international community. We will help them to ensure that the African Union, the Economic Community of West African States, the United Nations and other international organisations come to their aid. There was a referendum in the United Kingdom; was there any bloodshed there? In essence, what we are saying is that if the easterners want a state of Biafra the Federal Government should give them what they want. Is that asking for too much? We insist that the Federal Government should organise a referendum for them to choose whether they want to remain a part of Nigeria or not; let them vote for or against.

If some people in the South-East are seeking for an independent state of Biafra, is the North too interested in going its separate way from the federation?

No. We are happy to be Nigerians. We are happy to be a component of the country. Let those who are not happy being a part of this country leave peacefully without heating up the polity. Why should a group of people keep agitating, intimidating, and harassing Nigerians because they want their own country? If they want to go, they should be allowed to go. Do they think without them we cannot survive? They cannot continue to intimidate us in this country. We are proud to be Nigerians. We cannot have stability and peace in the land with this continued agitation for independence. We can live without them (the Igbo).

Not a few people have come out to criticise what you and your group called the ‘Kaduna Declaration’. Do you think the coalition’s position as contained in the statement issued on Tuesday was misunderstood?

Let me reassure you that I and other members of the coalition are peace-loving Nigerians. Our advocacy has always been non-violent. For those who have chosen to misrepresent us, all I will say is that at no time did we advocate for violent removal of the Igbo in the North. We are not violent people. Some Nigerians are very funny. What has happened is a matter of mischief by some people who tried to twist our honest and non-violent position on the fact that the Igbo should leave the North to form their own nation – that’s what they are craving for and we are ready to help them to leave for their home states.

As northern youths we have never been violent and we will continue to remain non-violent. For how long will we continue to urge them to remain in a union they are not willing to remain in? They should decide whether they want to remain in the ‘marriage’ or go for a divorce. If they are not interested in the ‘marriage’, let us dissolve it and allow everybody to go his way. As proud Nigerians, we want to be peaceful and will not be intimidated by people who are trying to make the country boil for no reason.

Assuming the majority of the Igbo vote in the referendum to leave Nigerian, does the North intend to flush out those Igbo living in the North by force if they choose to stay?

No; we are not going to do that. We will not forcibly eject any Igbo living in the North even if majority of them voted to exit Nigeria. But we intend to support IPOB’s agenda; we intend to help them push the call for a referendum so that the people can vote. In three months, if they are not able to achieve that we will help them to do that. We will ensure we help them to get the attention of the international community to actualise their agitation. We will also ensure that the Federal Government gives attention to their demand. We will ensure that not a single blood was shed. We are for peace.

To that end, I want to assure Nigerians that there is no cause for alarm. They should remain peaceful. They should be calm. They should resist any attempt by anybody to call them to take up arms. They should resist any attempt by anybody urging them to unleash terror on any member of the country. I will also urge the security agencies to be watchful; they should be on the look-out for troublemakers. I can assure you that we are not in support of violence in any form. It is not part of our ideal and we will never promote violence.

http://punchng.com/igbo-free-to-form-their-own-nation-we-can-live-without-them-arewa-youths/
this guy is intelligent
Re: Igbo Free To Form Their Own Nation, We Can Live Without Them — Arewa Youths by blazingstar: 10:35am On Jun 11, 2017
jimi4us:
"I Igbos in Diaspora Ndi mmuo. What are you doing in the diaspora, why not stay and build Igbo land. but your people are at home suffering while you're there claiming Igbos in Diaspora no one gives a fckk about anyway. and if na London you dey, your name na sorry.

you see it.. selfishness.. I'm sure it's people like me that are feeding people like u in ngwa road and ogbor hill but you come and say u don't give a Bleep.

Small boy, let me educate you.. it's the job of the government to develop the land not the people. pls chanel your frustration to the government. Go and hold all Orji uzor kalu and Theodore orji and every other senator who were in charge of our common wealth.. ask them what they did with money they were given to develop abia state. my hard earned money is for me and my family. it's not my prerogative to be developing SE

Imagine a plot of land in imo going for over 3 million.. when I can lease 10 hectares for 10 years in SW with less than a million.. do business with the land and make over 120 million in the same 10 years. Where will I go??
so because I'm igbo I'll go and fall mumu for my own brother who isn't even considerate to lease 5 hectares for 2 million for me his own brother speaking one language.. boy, I'll pack my load and do my business where it's cheaper for me. ill also build house for my family there.. that's how development comes.. God gave me legs not root.. so I can move about... The Isrealities spent a good part of their history moving to greener pastures. Don't let that jobless man fool u that life will be any better with biafra where the same heartless politicians and elites will sit over our common wealth.. they don't care about us.. Find your way and make it in life.. stop waiting and blaming government.. it's a lazy man's way of life. Ga me nke gi..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Free To Form Their Own Nation, We Can Live Without Them — Arewa Youths by IfeNtinye: 10:36am On Jun 11, 2017
[s]
venoc200:
The disintegration is here on nairaland,an average ibo man outside iboland doesn't want biafra.what has the so called nnamdi kanu done to develop his own village talk less of the whole iboland.i'm an ibo man from imo state and i'm using this medium to say i don't want any biafra,i'm better off as a Nigerian and also reminding all Nigerian youths that this country shall be great again.
[/s]
stale i think may 30 sit at home should have told you otherwise
even a core afonjas knows that this is a stale talk

1 Like

Re: Igbo Free To Form Their Own Nation, We Can Live Without Them — Arewa Youths by hammerF: 10:37am On Jun 11, 2017
Igbo can go but dey cannot do a Biafra Protest in their village without Arewa Military members shooting dem dead.

Are the Arewa youth dense or just playing dumb?

They know the right channels to be separated from Igbo and the media threat is not sufficient.

Tell ur Senators and Reps to give the Igbo support to leave.

It is not drama, but action that we want and no we are not crying, we actually want our own Country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRCBZXRoVBo&ab_channel=BiafraTelevision
Re: Igbo Free To Form Their Own Nation, We Can Live Without Them — Arewa Youths by peculiar32(f): 10:37am On Jun 11, 2017
victorazy:

You thought if an Igbo man is the president you would be sitting here typing from your comfort zone? Nooooooooo those blood tasty demon won't allow peace to reign.

When Goodluck Jonathan was in power, Boko Haram arose to destabilise his government. now that Buhari is in power we have heard about Niger delta militants and now Biafra. If really we want Biafra why didn't we do it when Goodluck was in power? is the clamour for Biafra a means to distabilize the present government?
I am not against Biafra. ..I just want to get answers to my question.
Re: Igbo Free To Form Their Own Nation, We Can Live Without Them — Arewa Youths by bilulu(m): 10:37am On Jun 11, 2017
madridguy:
We are happy to be Nigerians. We are happy to be a component of the country. Let those who are not happy being a part of this country leave peacefully without heating up the polity. Gbam.
do u guys think south south will remain with North wen d ibis leave? u guys should go n start thinking of how to generate ur income as from October
Re: Igbo Free To Form Their Own Nation, We Can Live Without Them — Arewa Youths by Lachynos2k2(m): 10:38am On Jun 11, 2017
maureensylvia:
am Igbo

am anti Biafra

The he goat NNAMDI KANU is a scam who must have been paid heavily to whine mouth anyhow, u all know when war starts which we don't pray for he will fly out leaving his ipob

lemme ask y will Dia ever b unity when in Igbo we have IPOB, MASSOB, OGHANEZE NDI IGBO, lolz everybody wan chop national cake.

we Igbo's in north are against ipob!!!

nobody should ever tell us to come back home cos we have made enough investments here which eventually if we come back will be eaten by gullible Igbos

don't b surprise that those telling us to come back home are those depending on us for feeding. I tire ooo

I believe Dis ultimatum will b resolved before 1st October

I stand with ONE NIGERIA
It's Ohaneze, not Oghaneze, Onye Igbo Khaki
Re: Igbo Free To Form Their Own Nation, We Can Live Without Them — Arewa Youths by Stkilda(m): 10:39am On Jun 11, 2017
ibadanfinest:

You see ehn. its good to have sense. Once biafra is formed, the resources of the east automatically will be under the control of biafra. They cannot return oil well nah, but you can tax them to death. Better still property exchange can take place.

Yep! the Biafrans know all that, but they would rather you left now :-)
Re: Igbo Free To Form Their Own Nation, We Can Live Without Them — Arewa Youths by Britishcoins(m): 10:39am On Jun 11, 2017
maureensylvia:
am Igbo

am anti Biafra

The he goat NNAMDI KANU is a scam who must have been paid heavily to whine mouth anyhow, u all know when war starts which we don't pray for he will fly out leaving his ipob

lemme ask y will Dia ever b unity when in Igbo we have IPOB, MASSOB, OGHANEZE NDI IGBO, lolz everybody wan chop national cake.

we Igbo's in north are against ipob!!!

nobody should ever tell us to come back home cos we have made enough investments here which eventually if we come back will be eaten by gullible Igbos

don't b surprise that those telling us to come back home are those depending on us for feeding. I tire ooo

I believe Dis ultimatum will b resolved before 1st October

I stand with ONE NIGERIA

"OGHANEZE WHAT IS IT, YOU CAN'T SPELL IT WELL, AND YOU ARE CLAIMING TO BE AN IGBO.
PROPAGANDA AT ITS PEAK.
Re: Igbo Free To Form Their Own Nation, We Can Live Without Them — Arewa Youths by james25data: 10:42am On Jun 11, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Igbo Free To Form Their Own Nation, We Can Live Without Them — Arewa Youths by greatermax77(m): 10:42am On Jun 11, 2017
I just wish others will reason like you. Allow Igbos to go but many will die because of it, dispite the hate Igbo.
Why forcing marriage one someone you hate alot?
Re: Igbo Free To Form Their Own Nation, We Can Live Without Them — Arewa Youths by hammerF: 10:43am On Jun 11, 2017
peculiar32:

When Goodluck Jonathan was in power, Boko Haram arose to destabilise his government. now that Buhari is in power we have heard about Niger delta militants and now Biafra. If really we want Biafra why didn't we do it when Goodluck was in power? is the clamour for Biafra a means to distabilize the present government?

We did but they were arresting and killing dem .

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/world/120098/bzm-members-arrested-in-nigeria
http://allafrica.com/stories/201211060292.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Free To Form Their Own Nation, We Can Live Without Them — Arewa Youths by victorazy(m): 10:47am On Jun 11, 2017
peculiar32:

When GEJ was in power things were fine, he empowered ND guys just like his boss did (Late Mr. Yardua) when PMB came what did he do, he channeled all the resources of this nation to one bank, siphoning our money to Saudi because he believed he would find oil in north and when ND talk he will turn them to dust. Now my guy is now a vegetable and a house boy washing plates for Madam Eliza grin
when madam PEJ was saying "diaris GOd oo" people were laughing at her. grin

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Free To Form Their Own Nation, We Can Live Without Them — Arewa Youths by AntiNigerian: 10:47am On Jun 11, 2017
Ikwerres and other Niger Delta Igbos should also listen to this too
Re: Igbo Free To Form Their Own Nation, We Can Live Without Them — Arewa Youths by ettybaba(m): 10:48am On Jun 11, 2017
Stkilda:

Ipob are nothing but empty,senseless,hopeless and jobless chest beaters.
Happy Sunday.
Re: Igbo Free To Form Their Own Nation, We Can Live Without Them — Arewa Youths by blazingstar: 10:49am On Jun 11, 2017
chigoziem10:

What are you doing over there, if you love one Nigeria so much, why don't you come down here and live??
And who are those "we" you are referring to?
Gbawa door biko

God gave us legs and brains. if things aren't favourable somewhere, move.. you are not a tree.. it's not my job to develop nigeria... it's my job to put food on the plate for my family..

pls stop risking the lives of people who are in the north and sw struggling to feed their families and people back home. I was once in their shoes.. and I have many of them there who I'm supporting in business and family...

Nnamdi Kanu was not doing any thing tangible in the UK.. he is being used by politicians and he is allowing himself for small change they are giving him.. I'm from Abia state.. God forbid a 419ner like kanu will be my president or leader if at all this biafra comes true.. after many people will lose all their business, lands and houses...

Ara gbabwo kwa ya ebe ono. wicked selfish jobless man.. who sent him to fight for Igbos. let him pack his load and go back. Nigerians across the country are suffering regardless of where they come from. only the elites are enjoying and they are united without discrimination of tribe or religion.. and the youths are allowing their heads to be used. rubbish

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Free To Form Their Own Nation, We Can Live Without Them — Arewa Youths by Stkilda(m): 10:52am On Jun 11, 2017
ettybaba:

Ipob are nothing but empty,senseless,hopeless and jobless chest beaters.
Happy Sunday.

Yep, bla, bla,bla. I think you should get off their land and leave their resources alone and Happy Sunday to you too, bro -smiley.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Abducted Kankara Katsina Schoolboys Released - Punch / Is All Really Well Between Buhari And Tinubu? - Daily Trust / Hoodlums Attack Press Crew Bus In Tinubu’s Convoy, Two Injured (Pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.