Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Brave Policeman’s Son Slumps & Dies At Burial; Bank, Police Abandon Wife, 7 Kids - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Brave Policeman’s Son Slumps & Dies At Burial; Bank, Police Abandon Wife, 7 Kids (67543 Views)

Kenyan Pastors Refuse To Officiate At Burial Of 82-Year-Old Kidnapper / Shiite Protesters Stone Policeman To Death In Kaduna; Police Abandon Their Car / Lady Seeking Miracle At TB Joshua's Church And Lover Kidnap Policeman Son (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brave Policeman’s Son Slumps & Dies At Burial; Bank, Police Abandon Wife, 7 Kids by cococandy(f): 5:06pm On Jun 11, 2017
Nobody is saying anything about the dead child. Poor boy. Rest In Peace. Only 5 years old. Why show him his father's corpse. That's not wise

1 Like

Re: Brave Policeman’s Son Slumps & Dies At Burial; Bank, Police Abandon Wife, 7 Kids by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 11, 2017
Jman06:
I don't even need to waste my energy on this because i know the boy would definitely change that mindset when he comes of age.

Only those who have no other choice join nigerian police. Period

Do you empirical evidence/data on this? Or should we just take your word for it?
Re: Brave Policeman’s Son Slumps & Dies At Burial; Bank, Police Abandon Wife, 7 Kids by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 11, 2017
One oga at the top has pocketed the money meant for this kind of situation.

1 Like

Re: Brave Policeman’s Son Slumps & Dies At Burial; Bank, Police Abandon Wife, 7 Kids by carzola(m): 5:10pm On Jun 11, 2017
YelloweWest:

By the time I turn 30 I would have 7kids.

I have hyper ovulation.
Family planning SIMPLY DOES NOT WORK!
the only cure is surgery.

As the wife of a police man, what is the possibility of her being able to afford such surgery??

Don't judge what u don't know!
what of condoms during ovulation? I guess you and her have never thought of that.. Rather the only thing you think of is opening your legs for a low income earner.

1 Like

Re: Brave Policeman’s Son Slumps & Dies At Burial; Bank, Police Abandon Wife, 7 Kids by FNG3: 5:10pm On Jun 11, 2017
Re: Brave Policeman’s Son Slumps & Dies At Burial; Bank, Police Abandon Wife, 7 Kids by salford1: 5:12pm On Jun 11, 2017
what a pity....this is very sad. shame on the npf and zenith bank. If i was in Nigeria, zenith would no longer have my business.

This sums it all up; there were 3 cops in that room. After the sergeant fleed that room, there were two more cops still left inside. The one that has been left blinded on one eye and another that succumbed to his injuries just like sergeant Iboko. Its obvious the robbers had better fire arms than the policemen. The sergeant realised this and made a quick getaway after two of his colleagues fell to superior fire power.

The fourth officer was only lucky he was not in the room when the robbers arrived.

1 Like

Re: Brave Policeman’s Son Slumps & Dies At Burial; Bank, Police Abandon Wife, 7 Kids by michb(m): 5:15pm On Jun 11, 2017
bigtt76:
Very sad! The man was an experienced officer having being in Yobe and other Boko Haram hot spots. I wonder why he panicked when tackling the robbers.

I saw the video and I was like he could have first demobilized the car by shooting the tires, take out the driver who was walking out of the car majestically.

After taking out the first robber, one was about coming out of the car to attack him, he could have waited to take that one out too, leaving just one who will be forced to flee and the policemen would have been a hero.

I guess poor training and welfare caused him to panic.

I share the same view with you, I said exactly the same statement above to my brother who argued with me that it's easier said than done, I did told my brother that, I am not a Police Man, if I was, I will isolate myself in that room, because, I have better advantage than those outside, inside will be dark and outside clearly seen, that is how he was able to kill the first armed guy untold. Now the same Panic as killed him, he was running from death, he met it cowardly. What worth doing, worth doing well. Lesson learned.

RIP to him though, I still give it to him for that one spanner loss.

N:B
If only the wife can be connected that website that Toyin Aimaku used in raising fund for that sick lady, I think that will ease her pain, or Punch should have help setup a verifiable bank account to enable people with good spirit help. I don't trust Nigeria Pol.

1 Like

Re: Brave Policeman’s Son Slumps & Dies At Burial; Bank, Police Abandon Wife, 7 Kids by Jman06(m): 5:16pm On Jun 11, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Do you empirical evidence/data on this? Or should we just take your word for it?
I have my evidence. Infact the evidence is everywhere in Nigeria for you to see. The poor performance of the nigerian police is enough evidence.
Re: Brave Policeman’s Son Slumps & Dies At Burial; Bank, Police Abandon Wife, 7 Kids by An0nimus: 5:17pm On Jun 11, 2017
bigtt76:
Very sad! The man was an experienced officer having being in Yobe and other Boko Haram hot spots. I wonder why he panicked when tackling the robbers.

I saw the video and I was like he could have first demobilized the car by shooting the tires, take out the driver who was walking out of the car majestically.

After taking out the first robber, one was about coming out of the car to attack him, he could have waited to take that one out too, leaving just one who will be forced to flee and the policemen would have been a hero.

Permit to laugh at this analysis grin

This is like when we analyse football and say Ronaldo should've slotted the ball into the net and not skyrocket it. Forget the movies ma'am, this freaking happened in Owerri. It's as real as it gets. A bullet to the body and the man is gone, there was not even a split sec to think.

Your post cracked me up though chai grin
Re: Brave Policeman’s Son Slumps & Dies At Burial; Bank, Police Abandon Wife, 7 Kids by DisGuy: 5:17pm On Jun 11, 2017
Why arent the newspaper questioning the police about tue officer's insurance

abi.dem.wan chop that one join

Theres another injured officer who is in hosp hope they are paying his bills
Re: Brave Policeman’s Son Slumps & Dies At Burial; Bank, Police Abandon Wife, 7 Kids by Marvel1206: 5:17pm On Jun 11, 2017
stuffs4me:

See as this is just killing notorious and dangerous armed robbers with her phone keypad. Easier said than done.
Na over sabi dey worry am
Re: Brave Policeman’s Son Slumps & Dies At Burial; Bank, Police Abandon Wife, 7 Kids by madjune(m): 5:17pm On Jun 11, 2017
bigtt76:

I can see you watch too much action movies where the actor never dies.

Have you asked yourself if he had enough bullets in that gun?
You asked if it was pump action type of Ak 47 he had?
Re: Brave Policeman’s Son Slumps & Dies At Burial; Bank, Police Abandon Wife, 7 Kids by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jun 11, 2017
Jman06:
I have my evidence. Infact the evidence is everywhere in Nigeria for you to see. The poor performance of the nigerian police is enough evidence.

Fair enough.

I see good and seasoned police officers in Nigeria and Nigeria Police Force performs adequately based on their resources.

It's an is the cup half full or empty situation so we'll agree to disagree

1 Like

Re: Brave Policeman’s Son Slumps & Dies At Burial; Bank, Police Abandon Wife, 7 Kids by raystanley(m): 5:21pm On Jun 11, 2017
bigtt76:

After taking out the first robber, one was
about coming out of the car to attack him, he could have waited to take that one out too, leaving just one who will be forced to flee and the policemen would have been a hero.

exactly my thought...
Re: Brave Policeman’s Son Slumps & Dies At Burial; Bank, Police Abandon Wife, 7 Kids by hrhobi1(m): 5:21pm On Jun 11, 2017
MDG007:

whose bank account are we gonna be sending the money?
lalasticlala. Can help us out.
Re: Brave Policeman’s Son Slumps & Dies At Burial; Bank, Police Abandon Wife, 7 Kids by AkupeMBANO(m): 5:22pm On Jun 11, 2017
bigtt76:

see ya mouth, Jack Bauer
Re: Brave Policeman’s Son Slumps & Dies At Burial; Bank, Police Abandon Wife, 7 Kids by AkupeMBANO(m): 5:23pm On Jun 11, 2017
stuffs4me:

See as this is just killing notorious and dangerous armed robbers with her phone keypad. Easier said than done.
u dey mind the nama.. Nairaland jack Bauer
Re: Brave Policeman’s Son Slumps & Dies At Burial; Bank, Police Abandon Wife, 7 Kids by Orpe7(m): 5:24pm On Jun 11, 2017
All this children yet no education plan or life insurance for yourself omashey o
Re: Brave Policeman’s Son Slumps & Dies At Burial; Bank, Police Abandon Wife, 7 Kids by Tecno66: 5:25pm On Jun 11, 2017
highrise07:

http://punchng.com/brave-policemans-son-5-slumps-dies-at-dads-burial-cop-spent-only-three-days-at-bank-before-attack-bank-police-abandoned-my-seven-kids-and-i-wife/
Our lawmakers are only interested in their personal welfare. Otherwise, I think it is not too much for a policeman, who is killed while fighting to save other Nigerians, remain on the payroll of the police for another 10-15years in appreciation of their efforts. If we have such a law, it will go a long way to ameliorate the suffering of a family like this one. You will agree with me that the morale of a serving policeman who sees the plight of this family will be very low and discouraging.
Re: Brave Policeman’s Son Slumps & Dies At Burial; Bank, Police Abandon Wife, 7 Kids by An0nimus: 5:25pm On Jun 11, 2017
michb:

I share the same view with you, I said exactly the same statement above to my brother who argued with me that it's easier said than done, I did told my brother that, I am not a Police Man, if I was, I will isolate myself in that room, because, I have better advantage than those outside, inside will be dark and outside clearly seen, that is how he was able to kill the first armed guy untold. Now the same Panic as killed him, he was running from death, he met it cowardly. What worth doing, worth doing well. Lesson learned.

Your brother was correct. It is easier than done.

The man was cornered, and had less space to change location. The robbers could've hidden behind their car, gave themselves cover and flanked the policeman from the door and window. You see how it easy it is to make this up?

@bolded
Where are you isolating yourself? Except you want to hide all through the event and hope none of them comes to the security post. If one comes there you'll be forced to react and the others will notice. If you as much as bring out your gun and it gets noticed, you'll be shot at. Inside is not dark shite, this is broad daylight. When you walk into the bank during the day is inside the security post dark?
Re: Brave Policeman’s Son Slumps & Dies At Burial; Bank, Police Abandon Wife, 7 Kids by Olayinka777(m): 5:30pm On Jun 11, 2017
bigtt76:

. It is easier said than done. Pls go watch the video again. The position of the security post/the door didn't give him such opportunity to do all that u stated.
Re: Brave Policeman’s Son Slumps & Dies At Burial; Bank, Police Abandon Wife, 7 Kids by Lakeland4321: 5:32pm On Jun 11, 2017
carzola:
32 years 7 kids....

How much was this man making
Why don't people learn family especially
Those with low income.

Please go and look for a job..
Your husband knew the dangers
Of his occupation and he still
Signed off for.. You dont expect
The bank to give you millions
Or the police force either...
His gratuity will be payed
Along with compensations from
The bank...

After watching the video over ND over again
Its shows that he open fire on the robbers first... The bank has policies all their money is insured lay down on the floor allow them to carry it.. Dont be a hero.
You are very funny o, that bank policy applies to bank staff not police officers. According to the rules of engagement concerning conflict in urban areas, a civilian holding a weapon is no longer a civilian and the use of deadly force is authorized in order to save lives. The policeman followed that rule to the letter and unfortunately paid the ultimate price. He is a hero and probably helped to avoid a high casualty count at the bank.
Re: Brave Policeman’s Son Slumps & Dies At Burial; Bank, Police Abandon Wife, 7 Kids by michb(m): 5:32pm On Jun 11, 2017
An0nimus:

Your brother was correct. It is easier than done.

The man was cornered, and had less space to change location. The robbers could've hidden behind their car, gave themselves cover and flanked the policeman from the door and window. You see how it easy it is to make this up?

@bolded
Where are you isolating yourself? Except you want to hide all through the event and hope none of them comes to the security post. If one comes there you'll be forced to react and the others will notice. If you as much as bring out your gun and it gets noticed, you'll be shot at. Inside is not dark shite, this is broad daylight. When you walk into the bank during the day is inside the security post dark?

Well, I don't want to argue with you over what I do not have control of, I had only shared my opinion. My first point is, he was running with gun in his hand, I will not say why did the Unarmed Security Man ran, he whisked away because he needed to take cover. The deceased Gallant Officer was already covered by that security post, that is how he was able to drop that Muntula rushing to the security post to kill him. If you pause that video at 01:27 (the full clip 9.3Mb) you will notice the armed robber was looking out for who was shooting at them (the Police Man was even the one that engage them, which made the driver to move away from the entrance), the armed robber had earlier shoot sporadically towards the Security Post, he could have kill the Police Man if he knew where he was hiding, this proved that, he/they didn't see him (plus, they are not as trained as the officer who had experience of working in a bank as Security Personnel), well, we cannot eliminate the fact that the Police Man may not be aware of this (that he had better chance of killing them all). My second point is, he left the security post (more secure and exact point were he took down a armed man) to take cover at were? Where he was running to, was is it better of the Security post? You said, inside was not dark, why then was the armed guy searching for who was shooting at them never spot him from afar or at the widow when the he peeped. Watch the video again and see my points.

1 Like

Re: Brave Policeman’s Son Slumps & Dies At Burial; Bank, Police Abandon Wife, 7 Kids by tylesh(f): 5:37pm On Jun 11, 2017
stuffs4me:

You seemed pained. Could it be that one of the armed robbers is your brother. Your sympathy with the evil robbers is glaring.
E pain am die
Re: Brave Policeman’s Son Slumps & Dies At Burial; Bank, Police Abandon Wife, 7 Kids by helpee(m): 5:37pm On Jun 11, 2017
michb:

RIP to him though, I still give it to him for that one spanner loss.

N:B
If only the wife can be connected that website that Toyin Aimaku used in raising fund for that sick lady, I think that will ease her pain, or Punch should have help setup a verifiable bank account to enable people with good spirit help. I don't trust Nigeria Pol.
watch the video and think. Thief went to the back first shooting before trying to enter from the front and the guy got him.
NO 1 FACT....THERE IS NO WAY THE POLICE OFFICER WOULD KNOW IT WAS THE SAME THIEF INFRONT THAT WAS ALSO AT THE BACK. He probably thought they were tryiing to corner him like one passed through the back and another one in front. So that spot to him was compromised. He took out the guy infront and escaped probably thinking another guy was at the back. you know it is the same guy because you are watching it at home .
NO 2 FACT....the guy's ammunition got exhausted. As he ran out , he only shot once and ran while the robber kept shooting. ordinarily if he had enough ammunition, he would keep shooting while running so the robber wont be able to properly aim the gun.
No 3 fact....this was a real life situation. After killing one of them, they were expected to unleash fury so the three other robbers would likely overpower him in that position . so until you find yourself in real life situation without opportunity to rewind and watch over and over again, you dont understand what it means to take a life and death decision in a split of seconds. RIP gallant officer
Re: Brave Policeman’s Son Slumps & Dies At Burial; Bank, Police Abandon Wife, 7 Kids by efficiencie(m): 5:39pm On Jun 11, 2017
I can just imagine the spate of robberies that would hit the east if they secede now...without first putting in place a contingency plan towards addressing the inevitable economic, social and political effects of secession...
Re: Brave Policeman’s Son Slumps & Dies At Burial; Bank, Police Abandon Wife, 7 Kids by erimmy(m): 5:42pm On Jun 11, 2017
pls can someone send me the video of the shoot out?
Re: Brave Policeman’s Son Slumps & Dies At Burial; Bank, Police Abandon Wife, 7 Kids by LexngtonSteele: 5:43pm On Jun 11, 2017
Ishilove:
The pain on their faces sears my soul... cry

But wait, housewife with 8 kids? In Nigeria of today? Why will you agree to be a housewife when you have that number of children and your husband is just a humble policeman?

As for Nigeria, Lord knows I can't get injured for this country talk much of laying down my life for her. I'm not surprised that after dying for Nigeria the man's family have been turned to beggars because THIS IS NIGERIA.

Chukwu a ju ife ojo. Mscheeeeeew.

Sharap. ...did the Federal Republic of Nigeria encourage him not to put a silencer on his trouser gun?

PS - won't be surprised if this is an attempt to shield this guy.
Story of the boy collapsing and dying at 5 (how can he even process death at that age?) seem like a Nollywood script.

Can bet that driver who was arrested in 2016 and jumped bail would be released on the fly again.

And those abusing someone who faced 4 bandits single-handedly. ... if you see 4 toyguns you would soil your pants.

He was in an enclosure and wasn't watching cctv to see there were just 4 people and where they were and their movements

2 Likes

Re: Brave Policeman’s Son Slumps & Dies At Burial; Bank, Police Abandon Wife, 7 Kids by engrMikemd(m): 5:44pm On Jun 11, 2017
bigtt76:

Jah bless you my brother. my thought exactly. I wondered why he left cover and ran.
Re: Brave Policeman’s Son Slumps & Dies At Burial; Bank, Police Abandon Wife, 7 Kids by CarlosTheJackal: 5:51pm On Jun 11, 2017
Ishilove:
The pain on their faces sears my soul... cry

But wait, housewife with 8 kids? In Nigeria of today? Why will you agree to be a housewife when you have that number of children and your husband is just a humble policeman?

As for Nigeria, Lord knows I can't get injured for this country talk much of laying down my life for her. I'm not surprised that after dying for Nigeria the man's family have been turned to beggars because THIS IS NIGERIA.

Chukwu a ju ife ojo. Mscheeeeeew.
You need to die for this country to show your lpve for this country
Re: Brave Policeman’s Son Slumps & Dies At Burial; Bank, Police Abandon Wife, 7 Kids by engrMikemd(m): 5:51pm On Jun 11, 2017
helpee:
watch the video and think. Thief went to the back first shooting before trying to enter from the front and the guy got him.
NO 1 FACT....THERE IS NO WAY THE POLICE OFFICER WOULD KNOW IT WAS THE SAME THIEF INFRONT THAT WAS ALSO AT THE BACK. He probably thought they were tryiing to corner him like one passed through the back and another one in front. So that spot to him was compromised. He took out the guy infront and escaped probably thinking another guy was at the back. you know it is the same guy because you are watching it at home .
NO 2 FACT....the guy's ammunition got exhausted. As he ran out , he only shot once and ran while the robber kept shooting. ordinarily if he had enough ammunition, he would keep shooting while running so the robber wont be able to properly aim the gun.
No 3 fact....this was a real life situation. After killing one of them, they were expected to unleash fury so the three other robbers would likely overpower him in that position . so until you find yourself in real life situation without opportunity to rewind and watch over and over again, you dont understand what it means to take a life and death decision in a split of seconds. RIP gallant officer
I refute your claims bro.
The officer the vehicle and probably knew the number of hostile. he even shot at the vehicle.

No, he wasn't out of ammunition. he was carrying AK-47 bro

They were trained for real life situations bro
Re: Brave Policeman’s Son Slumps & Dies At Burial; Bank, Police Abandon Wife, 7 Kids by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 11, 2017
In this dispensation, women shouldn't be sit at home wives and moms and be liabilities to their husbands and themselves cos no one knows tomorrow. At least do something to support yourselves and your family. well my heartfelt sympathy though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Yahoo Boy Caught Cleaning Someone's Urine With Handkerchief In Delta, Beaten / Men Return Car They Stole, Wash It With Their Clothes After Going "Mad". Photos / Joy Mariam Commits Suicide After Her Boyfriend Dumped Her In Abuja.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.