Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,872 members, 7,813,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church (39786 Views)

Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? / 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days / What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by escodotman: 12:55pm On Jun 11, 2017
AvsGot007:
facts? can't find any up there!

and you just wanna argue!... peace bro
Not really interested in arguing with you sir/ma. N.B; i have a reference but you dont. Shalom
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by OtemAtum: 12:56pm On Jun 11, 2017
cyberdurable:
seriously I dunno why... I just lost interest..
But I do pray on my own o... When I wake or want to sleep... God understands sha
The age is changing. It's the work of nature. Join us in the age of Aquarius.

3 Likes

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by ISKANDER18TH: 12:57pm On Jun 11, 2017
kevoh:
1. Because no one will report you and have a death fatwa on your head like some religion like that where fasting is eye-service.
2. Because this is 2017 and religion is fast becoming old and giving way to the gods of technology. Reference : American Gods TV series wink
3. Because they have realized that you can be good, do good and selfless service on your own accord not because some religious book said so.
4. Because the internet provides the required knowledge to show that religion is a sham and this is easily accessible
5. Because no one enjoys routine acts and repeated preaching they have been hearing since childhood.
6. Because atheists are doing a good job at presenting their arguments. tongue
7. Because (some)youths are dynamic people who don't like being stagnant and will return to the church later in their sixties when life becomes boring and routine. angry
8. Because they have realized religion is just a sham! I could go on and on...

hmmm i am coming

biafrasay.com
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by ISKANDER18TH: 12:59pm On Jun 11, 2017
kevoh:
1. Because no one will report you and have a death fatwa on your head like some religion like that where fasting is eye-service.
2. Because this is 2017 and religion is fast becoming old and giving way to the gods of technology. Reference : American Gods TV series wink
3. Because they have realized that you can be good, do good and selfless service on your own accord not because some religious book said so.
4. Because the internet provides the required knowledge to show that religion is a sham and this is easily accessible
5. Because no one enjoys routine acts and repeated preaching they have been hearing since childhood.
7. Because (some)youths are dynamic people who don't like being stagnant and will return to the church later in their sixties when life becomes boring and routine. angry

ADVICE: hope u wont continue this your folishness b4 it is too late

a single cell in the body and the mechanism is more complex than the complex machine today. not even the ford fully automated car factory which is the most complex is a match nor is space shuttle program yet a cow like u feel the full body came by chance not deliberate design

biafrasay.com

is a forum for biafrans and igbos meet and share info with thousands dont die in nairaland
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by kokostick(m): 1:01pm On Jun 11, 2017
Where can I find a church where 90% of the members are richer than their pastor.. #pastors are supposed to be like herbalist embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed help ppl grow rich n wealth n health.. Not milking the small change the have.. Biko God ans prayers anywhere you are... Just be good to ppl ANd play your role as a good human being. .shikina

1 Like

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by lincs25(m): 1:06pm On Jun 11, 2017
When the so call men of God are going after your girl friend that you are dating to marry.
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by kevoh(m): 1:08pm On Jun 11, 2017
ISKANDER18TH:

ADVICE: hope u wont continue this your folishness b4 it is too late

a single cell in the body and the mechanism is more complex than the complex machine today. not even the ford fully automated car factory which is the most complex is a match nor is space shuttle program yet a cow like u feel the full body came by chance not deliberate design

biafrasay.com

is a forum for biafrans and igbos meet and share info with thousands dont die in nairaland
Take your pirated forum away from my face abeg and shove your advice into the waste bin, you will need it more. Address the topic at hand and stop dropping red herrings as upandan.

1 Like

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 11, 2017
Nazeren:
When you're not seeing results for what you're praying for. grin

God bless you!! On point!
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 11, 2017
An2elect2:
When you realize God is no longer in "churches" You've got to know Him yourself.

1 Like

JackBizzle:
When a pastor wastes 3 hours of preaching to squeeze money out of you

grin

Nazeren:
When you're not seeing results for what you're praying for. grin
You're not far from it
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 11, 2017
cyberdurable:
seriously I dunno why... I just lost interest..
But I do pray on my own o... When I wake or want to sleep... God understands sha
God doesn't understand

1 Like

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 11, 2017
One major reason is because of over liberalization not the above mentioned
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 11, 2017
ISKANDER18TH:

guy die it, better repent b4 it is too late!!! if you want continue to dey jonce urself

give your life to christ to avoid had i known

biafrans and igbos meet thousands of other biafrans at
where no one will molest/ban u

BIAFRASAY.COM

i didn't expect more from you.
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by giftyechi: 1:26pm On Jun 11, 2017
is not by going to church any more
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Mujtahida: 1:32pm On Jun 11, 2017
AvsGot007:
oh my God! you got me peeved again... and I was ready to reason God matter today oh!

so you got no personal experience...all you know about him is from Bible? ...and it's Bible that also told you he created earth!

what if it's the Satan and God hijacked it?... be open minded brov!

anybody to give me personal experience?
There's a tribe in the Amazon jungle known as the piraha. Here's an excerpt about them from Wikipedia
According to Everett, the Pirahã have no concept of a supreme spirit or god, [8] and they lost interest in Jesus when they discovered that Everett had never seen him. They require evidence based on personal experience for every claim made.

That is natural, common sense in action amongst an unlettered tribe in the Amazon. Yet if as an educated person you ask for evidence they start calling you names.

1 Like

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Mujtahida: 1:36pm On Jun 11, 2017
kevoh:
2. Because this is 2017 and religion is fast becoming old and giving way to the gods of technology, mordern medicine e.t.c. Reference : American Gods TV series wink
Above all because the christian God is in actual fact mute

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by BLoomfrancs(m): 1:37pm On Jun 11, 2017
Religion is the biggest scam of all time.

1 Like

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by homesteady(m): 1:40pm On Jun 11, 2017
I haven't gone to church for like 3 Sundays now!

Mainly due to Laziness and I'm gradually losing the will! Most importantly, I hate being a hypocrite!

1 Like

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 11, 2017
Mekanus:
When you realize you have been fed with fables all the while. Religion is bullshit!

Read about Kalam cosmological argument.
U will know the universe was created by Allah
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by pweetiedee(m): 1:41pm On Jun 11, 2017
The church is in our heart that is where God lives.

The others na building.

The pastors squeeze out money.

There are different churches with different doctrines, and they claim they serve one God.

I stopped going to church the year we had financial problems and our pastors changed towards us. that was 14years ago.

Whenever my any of my friends drag me to church, all I see is competition- whose make up looks better? who has the finest car? who is the best slay mama? who is cuter, who has the best voice, who can dance better? who drops More money in church

And single ladies desperately looking for maga/husband dressed in provocative outfits.

Guys looking for women to grace their bed.

All those churches that have schools, how.many of their church members can send their children to the schools?

And...

what the hell r these pastors doing with private jets and very expensive cars while most members cannot afford a decent apartment and even motorcycle?

Pastors are yahoo boys

Church members are magas.

I am a christian, I believe in God, I am not a church goer.
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by malvisguy212: 1:45pm On Jun 11, 2017
An2elect2:
When you realize God is no longer in "churches" You've got to know Him yourself.
I've read many comment here, I'd call it excuses, if you die today and you stand In front of God, He ask you this same question the op ask, what will you say ? are you going to church for pastors sake or to make right with God ? is Jesus wrong by entering the synagogue and read from the book of Isaiah ? bottom line, reading all the comment here on nairaland further prove that this generation worship men rather than God, because if you worship God, NO acts done by evil men will stop you from going to church.
judges 2:10
A GENERATION WITHOUT GOD.
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Narlysilva: 1:46pm On Jun 11, 2017
Piiko:
same here I only go for new year vigil yearly

you only go for new year vigil yearly and you're still breathing... And that doesn't shock you? that should show you how faithful God is to you... Not minding the fact that you've not been seeking his presence... Just imagine if at all God was a man and you did same to him... Do You think he'll spare you... I bet your answer will be NO... I really wonder how you feel when you say you only go to church once a year... (it makes you Happy?)

dude HELL is real!... Run to Jesus now... Cause You can't save yourself... Going to church builds you up and makes your faith stronger... forget what others are saying here... It will only mislead you and harden your heart from going to church making you think God doesn't speak through men any more...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by WoundedSoul: 1:46pm On Jun 11, 2017
felixomor:
Its very funny and expected, that almost everyone who has spoken blames external factors as their reason for not going to church.

Nobody blames himself
Nobody blames herself.
Everyone has something else to blame.

But go and check, u will find many are hooked on sin and immorality

The will to serve God doesnt rely on any external factors
It relies on you.
Used to believe that till I realized that my problem ran deeper that this old line. In fact, it was never that old line.

For example, it takes every gut I have to summon the courage to go to classes, market or even come out of my house. I go through this every day.

You plan what cloth you will wear to abate your appearance as a looser. You plan how you will walk, talk, adjust your facial expressions.

All this in a bid to push through the surface of the rivers of social awkwardness that toils day and night to drown your mind, body and soul out.

Sometimes you just want to let go and give it all up.

And you wonder why someone like me was not in church this morning?

You. Have. No. Idea. What. It. Feels. Like.

Never generalize.

1 Like

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Vince77(m): 1:46pm On Jun 11, 2017
AvsGot007:
have you? pls I need to know cos I want to know God too!

pls don't quote Bible while telling me about him from your own experience.....I do stop reading posts whenever I sight Bible verse in it!

I'm not an atheist but I hate when people quote Bible when explaining God!
We think alike. But mine isnt when trying to explain God only but on everything entirely.
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Iamzik: 1:46pm On Jun 11, 2017
tunjijones:

Number 6 really applies to me. I lost interest in church because my mom forced all of us to go to church. We went to church almost 4 times in a week. We went to Virgil every last Friday and we fast 3 days every month... Prayers in the morning was by force.. You get slapped if you don't open ur mouth and sing in morning prayers even if u are still feeling sleepy. With all these I lost interest. My parents were not making me love to be a Christian. They were forcing it to be. I am not an atheist but I don't even knw what i think abt religion anymore.

Try discussing the issue with your mum. Perhaps you feel the number of church service is overwhelming. My dad used to be like that and I didn't like it..... Until he passed on then I realized the true value of personal devotion time. I'm sure she mean the best for you. Try to see beyond her seemingly overbearing attitude. Regards
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 11, 2017
I will give this a thought
Narlysilva:

you only go for new year vigil yearly and you're still breathing... And that doesn't shock you? that should show you how faithful God is to you... Not minding the fact that you've not been seeking his presence... Just imagine if at all God was a man and you did same to him... Do You think he'll spare you... I bet your answer will be NO... I really wonder how you feel when you say you only go to church once a year... (it makes you Happy?)

dude HELL is real!... Run to Jesus now... Cause You can't save yourself... Going to church builds you up and makes your faith stronger... forget what others are saying here... It will only mislead you and harden your heart from going to church making you think God doesn't speak through men any more...
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by donqx: 1:48pm On Jun 11, 2017
good
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by felixomor: 1:50pm On Jun 11, 2017
WoundedSoul:
Used to believe that till I realized that my problem ran deeper that this old line. In fact, it was never that old line.

For example, it takes every gut I have to summon the courage to go to classes, market or even come out of my house. I go through this every day.

You plan what cloth you will wear to abate your appearance as a looser. You plan how you will walk, talk, adjust your facial expressions.

All this in a bid to push through the surface of the rivers of social awkwardness that toils day and night to drown your mind, body and soul out.

Sometimes you just want to let go and give it all up.

And you wonder why someone like me was not in church this morning?

You. Have. No. Idea. What. It. Feels. Like.

Never generalize.

Hmmmmm.
I hear u. undecided
But i guess, its not an external factor.

Yeah right.
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by WoundedSoul: 1:52pm On Jun 11, 2017
felixomor:

Hmmmmm.
I hear u. undecided
But i guess, its not an external factor.

Yeah right.
External, internal, nobody gives a crap.

The main point is "it's happening."
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Lagban(m): 1:52pm On Jun 11, 2017
Alot of Nairalanders are not religious and they are convinced that religion is nothing but Scam I am not an exception : religion be causing problem since 1852
raphieMontella:
When you realize religion is a scam.. .
You simply stop being religious
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Iamzik: 1:54pm On Jun 11, 2017
Mujtahida:

Above all because the christian God is in actual fact mute

Good one.
Even your Radio remains mute until you tune in to the correct frequency. Change you dial and keep searching until you hear.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? / 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. / My Greatest Sexual Temptation As A Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.