Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,809 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

The moment you become a Mrs. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The moment you become a Mrs. (32031 Views)

The Moment A Father Caught His Daughter Twerking (photos) / The Moment Little Boy Caught His Dad Cheating On His Mum. See What Happened / Being A Mrs: Starting Out And How A Wallpaper Made Me Fall In Love Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The moment you become a Mrs. by Raalsalghul: 8:46am On Nov 03, 2018
Toks2008:

And I have been fooling myself thinking you are old enough to understand this thread. I know age is not maturity but this thread is too deep for you at this point in your life.

Na everybody u go reply. sad sad sad
Re: The moment you become a Mrs. by Raalsalghul: 8:48am On Nov 03, 2018
Carinaflo:

Please do not say "The world", rather say Africans especially Nigerians. It is because of the so much importance Nigerians attach to marriage that makes most Nigerian ladies behave as if their sole purpose of being on Earth is to get married.
You see a very young girl, in stead of her to be thinking of how to build a career and be productive like her male counterparts, all she thinks about is how to package herself to look like a wife material so she can get married. She ends up seeing marriage as a do or die affair, when she eventually gets married, she feels she has arrived, she stops relating with her single female friends, she starts seeing the other single ladies as irresponsible ladies not minding that some of the single ladies are very hard working and can pay their own bills without looking for the help of any guy.
Then few years into the marriage, the husband starts seeing the married lady as a"liability" because she has nothing to offer, all she knows how to do is to spend money and incur expenses, the husband out of frustration starts maltreating the wife, he starts beating her up, cheating on her and then the wife could not do anything because the only skills she had equipped herself with all her life are the skills that would help her get married. She can't even fend for herself and again how can she face her family and friends after she has been making mockery of single ladies?, So she is forced to stay back and endure, if she is lucky, she ends up so miserable and unhappy if she is unlucky, she ends up dead in the hands of the husband. Few years later, the husband marries a prettier, younger lady who had also been preparing herself to be a "married woman" and the cycle continues....

NB: The earlier our society stop making ladies believe that their sole purpose on Earth is marriage, the saner our society would be. Let us teach our girl child how to be a good person, how to be a productive adult, how to be a responsible adult, how to be a hard working adult, how to Carter for her needs as an adult.
Let us stop making our girl child believe that her greatest achievement in life would be to bear "Mrs" as a tittle.
Same stuff I tell my sis everyday.
Re: The moment you become a Mrs. by MrPresident1: 9:07am On Nov 03, 2018
Useless senseless indomitable generation of idiots cannot comprehend simple wisdom.

Since you have refused to learn the easy way, experience will teach you in the harder way.

Idiots.
Re: The moment you become a Mrs. by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 03, 2018
okeyfineboy:
Your write up is so biased. Why should it be only the lady that will guard her marriage? So the men should misbehave while the lady should forgive all in the name of remain Mrs.? You have an archaic way of thinking. It takes two to tango. Stop making men feel too important and misbehave just because they feel they have more advantage if the marriage leads to divorce.

I have seen women who are exceedingly successful and very much okay after divorce. I even know some that are still very selective of men coming from their hand in marriage even after having kids in their previous marriage. I know some who refused to get married because they feel they are better off without a man. A woman's life does not revolve around man, stop making it look so.
You couldn't have said it any better. Bunch of foolish people that thinks that a woman is only successful with a Mrs title and unsuccessful should the marriage crumble. No wonder thousands of women would rather be STUCK in an unhappy union than walk their way out to make the best of themselves. Yeye dey smell!

1 Like

Re: The moment you become a Mrs. by Ryocaj(m): 9:44am On Nov 03, 2018
All I can say is marriage is overrated n not 4 dis generation!
Re: The moment you become a Mrs. by okeyfineboy(m): 9:56am On Nov 03, 2018
Toks2008:

You know one funny thing.

I have come to grow beyond hypocrisy and I'm not the type who seeks likes or admiration from any lady hence the reason why I create the threads you see on front page.

What correlation does the fact that a divorced lady is successful has to do with her emotional state? You must really be very ignorant.

Most of these very successful divorced women are crying in silence which is why association of sweet boys are having a swell time with them.

Some women say they are better off without a man yet secretly sleeps about so who is fooling Who?

Go to dating sites and you will be amazed at the number of divorced ladies their but when you see them one on one you won't have a clue of what they go through.

I'm not interested in pulling any gender down but I'm just keeping it real.

You are the one who is ignorant.

I meant they are successful and okay (emotionally). You talk as if It's only women that have issues when divorced, men have issues too. Some divorced women are very okay emotionally, some bluntly refused to get married saying they prefer being single. I repeat, I know divorced women who will rather remain single than get married again while some others desire to remarry. I know men who divorce hit so hard that it even affected their health to the extent of being hospitalized. Some can't even move on. So just stop being baised. No spouse should feel more important than the other in marriage. They should work together to sustain their marriage.

3 Likes

Re: The moment you become a Mrs. by mmyfarmsltd(m): 10:03am On Nov 03, 2018
Toks2008:

Just tell her that one warped minded misogynist wrote one funny article and you don't even know what to say....then let her read and make her judgement.
OK thanks
Re: The moment you become a Mrs. by okeyfineboy(m): 10:06am On Nov 03, 2018
Toks2008:

I try to respond to some ignorant posts here not because I must but for the sake of other people reading who might want to seek genuine knowledge.

How many countries have you been to and how many mature women have you come across?

The biggest lies unmarried women tell themselves is that they are fine without a man and ignorant people like you fall for that.

At my age I have seen things but amazingly when I write on nairaland many underage and children still under their parents roof rant endlessly as if they know what they are saying.

I think you're the one who rant endlessly as if you know what you're saying. I also think you're the one who sounds like an underage child.

1 Like

Re: The moment you become a Mrs. by abdulaz: 10:17am On Nov 03, 2018
TSOM:
God doesn't - and wouldn't - choose a partner for you. He already gave you (and us) the power of choice, of freewill. Ruining or building a relationship is entirely your (man's) decision.

No mind am. I just tire for some people way of thinking sha.

Na God go come down come choose parter for them ba

Sheeples people who can’t think on their own to make a choice and bear every consequences that come afterwards.
Re: The moment you become a Mrs. by Nobody: 10:35am On Nov 03, 2018
I've never seen someone die for marrying late but I've never seen people die for marrying the wrong person. Take your time before you jump into marriage, make sure what you feel is real and you can tolerate the person's excesses, don't let societal pressure lead you into a marriage you will live the rest of your short life to regret.
Re: The moment you become a Mrs. by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 03, 2018
Toks2008:
Wey that chronic bachelor lalasticlala sef?
Lalasticl is married. He got married this year.
Re: The moment you become a Mrs. by Toks2008(m): 11:52am On Nov 03, 2018
Laeroy:
Toks2008, oya come here and tell us the truth how old are you and why ain't you yet married.... Or is it what I'm thinking

It is exactly what you are thinking.
Re: The moment you become a Mrs. by Toks2008(m): 11:54am On Nov 03, 2018
Colourich:
Lalasticl is married. He got married this year.

Yeah I know. I actually wrote this thread about 17months ago.
Re: The moment you become a Mrs. by Toks2008(m): 12:02pm On Nov 03, 2018
Colourich:
I've never seen someone die for marrying late but I've never seen people die for marrying the wrong person. Take your time before you jump into marriage, make sure what you feel is real and you can tolerate the person's excesses, don't let societal pressure lead you into a marriage you will live the rest of your short life to regret.

One of the funniest words i hear single guys and ladies of marriageable ages say is ''Its better to wait for the right person than to rush into marriage just to rush out'' but i think what they have is Gamophobia(The fear of marriage)

In my humble opinion,this phrase is grossly faulted cos no matter how careful you may be in choosing a spouse,there is always an element of surprise waiting and taking all the time in the world is not a sure proof that you will end up with ''the right person''

The gospel truth is that there is no right or wrong choice of spouse but what we have is your choice and what you make out of it.

As long as there is an element of attraction between both of you,ask relevant questions and do your due diligence on that person and if you are satisfied with your findings,take the risk without the facade of long courtship and the rest can be worked on.

No matter how comfortable you think you are with that person ,you can only start knowing each other when you start living together. Just be prepared to marry and tolerate four personalities in one partner which are,the person you thought you married,the person you are actually married to,the type of person your partner will become and the person you bring out of your partner. Marriage is not about feelings but It is all about your determination to make it work.

2 Likes

Re: The moment you become a Mrs. by Toks2008(m): 12:32pm On Nov 03, 2018
yettymuse:
You couldn't have said it any better. Bunch of foolish people that thinks that a woman is only successful with a Mrs title and unsuccessful should the marriage crumble. No wonder thousands of women would rather be STUCK in an unhappy union than walk their way out to make the best of themselves. Yeye dey smell!

This is the illusion i talk about...there is no wrong or right union and i just wish ladies get this truth.

A yoruba adage says,''What a dog sees that makes it bark is the same thing the lamb sees and just looks without making a sound''

This adage is very deep and it simply means that your marriage is what you make of it. Some married ladies will not have a sound sleep because they suspect their husband is cheating n them whilst some will even put a condom in their briefcase so they can play safe..some ladies can not cope with a terrible mother in-law whilst some have mastered the act of taming them... some women get so unhappy because their husband is a 2 minutes man whilst some will gladly go all out to find solution to his problem...some ladies are unhappy because the man is broke whilst some ladies will double their hustle and take over the finances of the entire household until things pick up again for the man...some ladies will always cry about their husband physical or emotional abuse while some women already understands how to avoid any form of abuse from even the most violent men...

I can go on and on to explain the fact that the reasons some ladies run out of their marriage will not even bother another married lady which means it is about the mindset and that is the area many arried women must work on.

This thread is not concerned about the unmarried lady who chooses to remain unmarried but it is to let that woman who has chosen to marry understand the need to work on her marriage and not run out except there is a serious threat to her life or the man abandons her.

2 Likes

Re: The moment you become a Mrs. by bukatyne(f): 1:53pm On Nov 03, 2018
Funny thread.

Well, it is free information for the women especially unmarried:

Know that there are men like Toks2008 and decide if that is the type of husband you want.

Yes, I know he claims to be against adultery and how he is part of the miraculous 1% that doesn't cheat.

However, if you endorse cheating, then you sound as someone lacking the opportunity to do so than not doing it because of your 'moral' stance.

If this thread is highlighting on the emotional disadvantage of divorce, then I am pleased to tell you that a lot more women feel worse in their marriages.

In fact, I believe men whose wives left them when they were younger are 'luckier': they can get other partners if they so wish. You need to see the number of lonely old men whose wives have abandoned them and become tourists in their children's homes.

And men remarrying is not necessarily because they are at an advantage; they might be remarrying because they can't cope otherwise.

Now if anyone leaves a marriage due to flimsy reasons (and cheating is NOT), he/she will pay for it.

If a woman marries a potential cheat and cries murder when he actually does so, she is very unserious.

1 Like

Re: The moment you become a Mrs. by biterkola: 2:20pm On Nov 03, 2018
This OP is forever schooling women and yet has not found someone to manage his expectations till now.

Why is it that a lot of men keep trying to tell women what to do to have lasting marriages?I find it interesting when people who have not lived womanhood pop up with to do lists for a gender they have no clue about.

Whatever works for A will not work for B and I'm glad women are reading up all this stuff so.they toughen up and start being very selective about the males they allow in their lives.

There is somebody for everybody,If you like your freedom choose a man who loves women that like freedom,if you like Ops type,go ahead as long as you can see plainly what you are walking into.

If your marriage isn't working for you,it's okay to move on.
No one has the right to decide for you what a flimsy reason is or isn't .

Live your truth !In the end,it's you that will live wig the consequences of your decisions!

2 Likes

Re: The moment you become a Mrs. by Nobody: 3:33pm On Nov 03, 2018
Toks2008:

And I have been fooling myself thinking you are old enough to understand this thread. I know age is not maturity but this thread is too deep for you at this point in your life.

Mr depth, Mr maturity, thanks for the unnecessary sermon.
Don't forget to invite me for your wedding.

1 Like

Re: The moment you become a Mrs. by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 03, 2018
Toks2008:

One of the funniest words i hear single guys and ladies of marriageable ages say is ''Its better to wait for the right person than to rush into marriage just to rush out'' but i think what they have is Gamophobia(The fear of marriage)

In my humble opinion,this phrase is grossly faulted cos no matter how careful you may be in choosing a spouse,there is always an element of surprise waiting and taking all the time in the world is not a sure proof that you will end up with ''the right person''

The gospel truth is that there is no right or wrong choice of spouse but what we have is your choice and what you make out of it.

As long as there is an element of attraction between both of you,ask relevant questions and do your due diligence on that person and if you are satisfied with your findings,take the risk without the facade of long courtship and the rest can be worked on.

No matter how comfortable you think you are with that person ,you can only start knowing each other when you start living together. Just be prepared to marry and tolerate four personalities in one partner which are,the person you thought you married,the person you are actually married to,the type of person your partner will become and the person you bring out of your partner. Marriage is not about feelings but It is all about your determination to make it work.
Ok

1 Like

Re: The moment you become a Mrs. by Omotayor123(f): 9:29pm On Nov 03, 2018
OgahBohz:
. Honestly marriage is not an easy thing to do , let alone to remain in it, ..

one thing I know for sure is Nobody goes into marriage with the intention of leaving it someday ...

nice one Tee, ..
by the way are you a Muslim?
Thanks

And yes I am
Re: The moment you become a Mrs. by baba11(m): 7:31am On Nov 04, 2018
Omotayor123:

Thanks

And yes I am
shocked
Re: The moment you become a Mrs. by seenter84: 12:04pm On Nov 04, 2018
Nice one toks

1 Like

Re: The moment you become a Mrs. by OgahBohz: 5:31pm On Nov 04, 2018
Omotayor123:

Thanks

And yes I am
toh ..
inshAllah I would like us to be friends if you don't mind,

you sound very intelligent, and where I come from it's difficult to find any intellectual Muslim lady ...

I mean no harm walai..
Re: The moment you become a Mrs. by virago(f): 10:19pm On Nov 04, 2018
Toks2008:

I have my peculiar way of choosing my titles and most times I choose very controversial ones but only those who are intelligent enough not to judge the book by its cover will grasp the message.

You won't even know what intelligence is if it hits you in the face
Re: The moment you become a Mrs. by Omotayor123(f): 6:08am On Nov 06, 2018
Re: The moment you become a Mrs. by Omotayor123(f): 6:10am On Nov 06, 2018
OgahBohz:
toh ..
inshAllah I would like us to be friends if you don't mind,

you sound very intelligent, and where I come from it's difficult to find any intellectual Muslim lady ...

I mean no harm walai..
No wahala my brother.
Re: The moment you become a Mrs. by OgahBohz: 7:20am On Nov 06, 2018
Omotayor123:

No wahala my brother.

can we chat via WhatsApp?...

m sure you won't like to share your contact here ( to avoid disturbance) how about I drop mine and you say hi?..

by the way mine is...

07038840936(whatsApp only)

Salam..
Re: The moment you become a Mrs. by baba11(m): 8:33am On Nov 06, 2018
Omotayor123:
grin
Where have u been!?

You and your friend were just lying low.
Re: The moment you become a Mrs. by Toks2008(m): 8:54pm On Nov 07, 2018
OgahBohz:

can we chat via WhatsApp?...

m sure you won't like to share your contact here ( to avoid disturbance) how about I drop mine and you say hi?..

by the way mine is...

07038840936(whatsApp only)

Salam..

Omotayor123:

Thanks

And yes I am

Re: The moment you become a Mrs. by OgahBohz: 12:40am On Nov 08, 2018
Toks2008:

nice one ..

a simple ' NO ' wouldn't be too much of a reply would it ..?

the picture message wasn't necessary dr ..
Re: The moment you become a Mrs. by Toks2008(m): 12:47am On Nov 08, 2018
OgahBohz:

nice one ..

a simple ' NO ' wouldn't be too much of a reply would it ..?

the picture message wasn't necessary dr ..
lol! i was just being comical bro..abeg carry on.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

American Man Sends Over $100,000 To Wife In Nigeria He’s Never Met / Woman Delivers Conjoined Twins In Enugu (picture) / Marrying Someone You Are Not Crazy About.- Should I Marry Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.