Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Chinua Achebe - What Nigeria Means To Me - Politics (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chinua Achebe - What Nigeria Means To Me (25301 Views)

Gauck Advised Buhari To Use Illegal Means To Recover Looted Funds -PremiumTimes / Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed / Awolowo Was Driven By An Overriding Ambition For Power-chinua Achebe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinua Achebe - What Nigeria Means To Me by T9ksy(m): 2:59am On Nov 05, 2010
Quote from:Onlytruth Today at 12:59:10 AM
I laugh when you babble without brains. We already OWN a HUGE CHUNK of Yoruba land, and we intend to keep it irrespective of your actions or OURS. Gerrit! 

And yes we will still control the East.   

We DON'T NEED your alliance 'cos it is WORTHLESS. Irrelevant

No shaking o, my igbo brother. However when the time comes you all shall realise that Yorubaland belongs to the yorubas. If you guys are landlocked, that's ur wahala but if you think you can use the pretext of pseudo One nigeria to lay claim to another man's land, then be prepared for whatever fate befall you.

Just don't come back and start palying the victim, again.
You 've been warned.
Just like everyone warned Ojukwu then but he refused putting on his obduracy cap, he said "hell no, we must go to war".
when his arse got kicked, he stole away like a thief in the night to cote d-voire in search of what? PEACE!!!

Reminds me of this yoruba adage that says "the cheek that is destined to receive an almighty slap in kutunwengi, if the owner is asleep in ibadan, he/she will wake at the right time, travel to kutunwengi and will not stop until his/her receive his "destiny".
Re: Chinua Achebe - What Nigeria Means To Me by bkbabe97y(m): 3:19am On Nov 05, 2010
T9ksy:

"the cheek that is destined to receive an almighty slap in kutunwengi, if the owner is asleep in ibadan, he/she will wake at the right time, travel to kutunwengi and will not stop until his/her receive his "destiny". [/i][/color]

Hahahahahaha. lol. hahahahaaha.LMFAO!

Finally, a Nigerian adage that makes sense. Unlike the nonsense Eziachi, OnlyTruth and co stay quoting on here.
Re: Chinua Achebe - What Nigeria Means To Me by Onlytruth(m): 3:53am On Nov 05, 2010
T9ksy:

Quote from:Onlytruth Today at 12:59:10 AM
No shaking o, my igbo brother. However when the time comes you all shall realise that Yorubaland belongs to the yorubas. If you guys are landlocked, that's your wahala but if you think you can use the pretext of pseudo One nigeria to lay claim to another man's land, then be prepared for whatever fate befall you.

Just don't come back and start palying the victim, again.
You 've been warned.
Just like everyone warned Ojukwu then but he refused putting on his obduracy cap, he said "hell no, we must go to war".
when his arse got kicked, he stole away like a thief in the night to cote d-voire in search of what? PEACE!!!

Reminds me of this yoruba adage that says "the cheek that is destined to receive an almighty slap in kutunwengi, if the owner is asleep in ibadan, he/she will wake at the right time, travel to kutunwengi and will not stop until his/her receive his "destiny".

You are still living in 1967 when you hid behind the Hausa/Fulani to deliver that slap.

This time it will be YOU and Igbo. We shall see how strong you are then.

When MEND attacked altlas cove, y'all was raving and ranting but Okoroman knew you were really peeing your pants. Hahahahahahahaha! grin grin grin

In 1967, there was not up to 50, 000 Igbos in Yorubaland. Today, you have at least 5 million in Lagos alone.

Ol'boy, okoroman is already chilling in your home, and you can't do s%^&t about it. Lagos is NIGERIA, so we operate and DOMINATE there.

Oh, so you are now afraid of ONE NIGERIA?
Chineke eee! shocked shocked shocked

lmao! grin
Re: Chinua Achebe - What Nigeria Means To Me by Nobody: 3:57am On Nov 05, 2010
rethink:

@chyz jason and the other members of the He goat family

Dont stop, make sure you continue. I can see brilliant Ideas from your Arguements. I need advise , ,.,.,.,, There are some people that fought some time ago I want you to use your very high Intellect to solve the problem, ,.,,.,,. Ok I will explain , Some people were fighting and then took someones food can you help me solve the matter because the other one said the smell of the food was so sweet so he had to fight and take part of the food. Give me advise I need to solve this matter that happened 4 million years ago when Neandethal were living in caves. Some of their descendants want to fight over this matter with spears and stones.

LOL. . . . too much igbo will alter your thinking. I hope this was a joke sha
Re: Chinua Achebe - What Nigeria Means To Me by T9ksy(m): 4:08am On Nov 05, 2010
You are still living in 1967 when you hid behind the Hausa/Fulani to deliver that slap.

This time it will be YOU and Igbo. We shall see how strong you are then.

When MEND attacked altlas cove, y'all was raving and ranting but Okoroman knew you were really peeing your pants. Hahahahahahahaha!

In 1967, there was not up to 50, 000 Igbos in Yorubaland. Today, you have at least 5 million in Lagos alone.

Ol'boy, okoroman is already chilling in your home, and you can't do s%^&t about it. Lagos is NIGERIA, so we operate and DOMINATE there. Oh, so you are now afraid of ONE NIGERIA?
Chineke eee!

No worries o, my okoro brother.
At least, you are honest enough to state your real intention for yorubaland- domination unlike ur Zik of Africa who hid under the pretext of "Nationalism". Not that Awo and our leaders of thought then were fooled by him.

Eventually, you guys will climb your tree pass the leaves then you will know that Lagos is yorubaland and we are not conceeding an inch of our territory to u landlocked people. Yorubas are here to stay. many before you have tried and we are still here. No shaking.
Re: Chinua Achebe - What Nigeria Means To Me by EzeUche0(m): 4:11am On Nov 05, 2010
chyz,

Why the change in your point of view? It would seem that you are becoming more conciliatory towards the Yoruba. We should have killed Awolowo when we had the chance. He was in our grasp.
Re: Chinua Achebe - What Nigeria Means To Me by EzeUche0(m): 4:15am On Nov 05, 2010
I definitely have come to the conclusion that dirty Lagos is a prize to many Igbos. Many of my brethren covet that city. Yorubas should worry about my brethren who enjoy Lagos. Because they will rather die in Lagos then flee if something does happen.

Igbos are coming to Lagos in increasing numbers. And they are not becoming Yorubanized either.
Re: Chinua Achebe - What Nigeria Means To Me by chyz(m): 4:23am On Nov 05, 2010
EzeUche0:

chyz,

Why the change in your point of view? It would seem that you are becoming more conciliatory towards the Yoruba. We should have killed Awolowo when we had the chance. He was in our grasp.

Uche, I never changed my views about awolowo.he would have been in pieces if i got my hands on him;however, you can not blame the yoruba has a whole off of what a few like awolowo and adekunle did makes no sense.
Re: Chinua Achebe - What Nigeria Means To Me by Onlytruth(m): 4:27am On Nov 05, 2010
EzeUche0:

I definitely have come to the conclusion that dirty Lagos is a prize to many Igbos. Many of my brethren covet that city. Yorubas should worry about my brethren who enjoy Lagos. Because they will rather die in Lagos then flee if something does happen.

Igbos are coming to Lagos in increasing numbers. And they are not becoming Yorubanized either.

We DEY for Lagos. IT IS OUR HOME now. lmao! grin grin
Re: Chinua Achebe - What Nigeria Means To Me by Onlytruth(m): 4:29am On Nov 05, 2010
chyz:

Uche, I never changed my views about awolowo.he would have been in pieces if i got my hands on him;however, you can not blame the yoruba has a whole off of what a few like awolowo and adekunle did makes no sense.

What if "awolowoism" is a doctrine to which many Yoruba's subscribe?
What if they don't see anything wrong with starvation of children to win a war?

I see your point about not generalizing, but keep your focus on Awo's doctrine. You will miss the GIST if you don't.
Re: Chinua Achebe - What Nigeria Means To Me by chyz(m): 4:41am On Nov 05, 2010
Onlytruth:

I see your point about not generalizing, but keep your focus on Awo's doctrine. You will miss the GIST if you don't.

O best believe that will never be forgotten. Thats why I prescribe that we get our house together. Be proactive and look back at what happened in the past and put things in place to prevent that from ever happening again and give harsh consequence to those who try it again.
Re: Chinua Achebe - What Nigeria Means To Me by EzeUche0(m): 4:44am On Nov 05, 2010
Onlytruth:

We DEY for Lagos. IT IS OUR HOME now. lmao! grin grin

The annexation of Lagos. I hope to see it happen in my lifetime. One day, there will be Igbo governors of Lagos State. Our population is increasing.
Re: Chinua Achebe - What Nigeria Means To Me by T9ksy(m): 4:46am On Nov 05, 2010
Quote from:Onlytruth Today at 04:29:41 AM

Liar, liar, liar
You attempts at revisionism will be rebuffed at all times.
Awo did not employ the starvation of children to win the war rather it was ur Ojukwu who sacrificed his own people to win an ill-planned, ill-timed and badly implemented war.

Here is an excerpt for your perusal:

LORD SHEPHERD
My Lords, I am glad that the noble Lords, Lord Carrington and Lord Wade, have joined with Her Majesty's Government in expressing thanks and appreciation to the noble Lord, Lord Hunt, and his colleagues. I am bound to say that I thought the noble Lord, Lord Carrington, was less than generous over the activities of Her Majesty's Government in the field of relief to Nigeria. I would remind your Lordships that I saw Sir Louis Mbanafo who was the representative of Biafra in London; and I asked him to return to London not only to discuss a long-term peace solution, but, above all, to see how we could get relief supplies into Biafra. We also asked whether it would be possible for Lord Hunt to go to Biafra. Both these requests were refused by Colonel Ojukwu. So far as Lord Hunt was concerned, Colonel Ojukwu said that a visit would be of no use, of no benefit.

http://hansard.millbanksystems.com/lords/1968/jul/31/nigeria-and-biafra-relief

Re: Chinua Achebe - What Nigeria Means To Me by chyz(m): 4:53am On Nov 05, 2010
EzeUche0:

The annexation of Lagos. I hope to see it happen in my lifetime. One day, there will be Igbo governors of Lagos State. Our population is increasing.

Uche, remember when you said that your aunt told you that there were Igbos in the north praising the death of Amadu Bello and boasting about it? you are sounding like one of them right now. You yourself said it was wrong. Not good.
Re: Chinua Achebe - What Nigeria Means To Me by Onlytruth(m): 4:59am On Nov 05, 2010
chyz:

Uche, remember when you said that your aunt told you that there were[b] Igbos in the north praising the death of Amadu Bello and boasting about it? you are sounding like one of them right now.[/b] You yourself said it was wrong. Not good.

You cannot equate both is any way. It is like comparing headache with brain tumor.

WE ARE NIGERIANS AND WILL DOMINATE ANY PART OF NIGERIA. I will not apologize about that.

Doing that is tantamount to apologizing for being a hardworking, disciplined and focused Nigerian.

And yes I will boast about it too. cool My boast will not be empty though. It will be based on facts.
Re: Chinua Achebe - What Nigeria Means To Me by jason12345: 5:06am On Nov 05, 2010
chyz:

Uche, remember when you said that your aunt told you that there were Igbos in the north praising the death of Amadu Bello and boasting about it? you are sounding like one of them right now. You yourself said it was wrong. Not good.

exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you see what going on? its this same lack of respect that made the ijaw leaders weary of biafra. not that they would dominated but that they will be marginalised. do you think with this attitude we can have an igbo president? look, i am a strong supporter of an igbo president in nigeria but non- nlders in nigeria might be reading our post and i know they would see some sense in what i and alj harem say (although, alj harem can be stupid sometimes).

chyz, have you asked yourself why the igbos produced 60 presidential candidates, its because of the same fear of marginalisation each sub-group has. they now eachother and they know what they are capable of.
Re: Chinua Achebe - What Nigeria Means To Me by Onlytruth(m): 5:29am On Nov 05, 2010
jason12345:

exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you see what going on? its this same lack of respect that made the ijaw leaders weary of biafra. not that they would dominated but that they will be marginalised. do you think with this attitude we can have an igbo president? look, i am a strong supporter of an igbo president in nigeria but non- nlders in nigeria might be reading our post and i know they would see some sense in what i and alj harem say (although, alj harem can be silly sometimes).

chyz, have you asked yourself why the igbos produced 60 presidential candidates, its because of the same fear of marginalisation each sub-group has. they now eachother and they know what they are capable of.

Forget about Ijaw people because you DON'T like them. Even as Itshekiri, you HATE them. So drop the pretence!

Ndigbo are organizing and preparing. We are already doing it by supporting Jonathan. When we get all we want from him, we move to stage two.
Re: Chinua Achebe - What Nigeria Means To Me by jason12345: 5:33am On Nov 05, 2010
Onlytruth:

Forget about Ijaw people because you DON'T like them. Even as Itshekiri, you HATE them. So drop the pretence!

Ndigbo are organizing and preparing. We are already doing it by supporting Jonathan. When we get all we want from him, we move to stage two.

goodluck with your plan!!! grin

you'll need it. don't just try to invade the west. pls. im begging you!!! plsssss!!!! a word is enough for the wise
Re: Chinua Achebe - What Nigeria Means To Me by Onlytruth(m): 5:35am On Nov 05, 2010
jason12345:

goodluck with your  plan!!! grin

you'll need it. don't just try to invade the west. pls. im begging you!!! plsssss!!!! a word is enough for the wise

Tell that to MEND! hahahaha  grin grin grin grin

We are ALREADY in the west. We "invaded" looooooooog time ago! hehehe! grin grin
Re: Chinua Achebe - What Nigeria Means To Me by jason12345: 5:37am On Nov 05, 2010
Onlytruth:

Tell that to MEND! hahahaha grin grin grin grin

we have already told them and they respect our stance as we have respected their stance
Re: Chinua Achebe - What Nigeria Means To Me by Onlytruth(m): 5:41am On Nov 05, 2010
jason12345:

we have already told them and [b]they respect our stance [/b]as we have respected their stance

We shall see about that. Only time will tell.
Re: Chinua Achebe - What Nigeria Means To Me by EzeUche0(m): 5:56am On Nov 05, 2010
Everyone knows the Itsekiri hates the Ijaw. This is COMMON knowledge. No Ijaw man or Itsekiri man I have encountered says anything good about the other.

That is why I doubt jason is an Itsekiri man. He speaks like a Yoruba, because the Warri Crisis is still on the mind of many Itsekiri. It wasn't that long ago.
Re: Chinua Achebe - What Nigeria Means To Me by EzeUche0(m): 5:58am On Nov 05, 2010
jason12345:

goodluck with your plan!!! grin

Instead of worrying about the Igbo invading the West. You all should be worrying about the Northerners who are flocking to the southwest. They have always had their eyes on the southwest since the days of Uthman dan Fodio.

Even Ahmadu Bello wanted to add the Western region to his personal fiefdom.
Re: Chinua Achebe - What Nigeria Means To Me by bkbabe97y(m): 7:05am On Nov 05, 2010
EzeUche0:

Even Ahmadu Bello wanted to add the Western region to his personal fiefdom.

I think you meant to say Nnamdi Azikiwe. . . . . cool
Re: Chinua Achebe - What Nigeria Means To Me by vicenzo(m): 8:19am On Nov 05, 2010
The ijaw and the igbo use to be best of friends, hardly wil u find an ijaw without an igbo ancestor.Those days to marry an igbowoman was a thing of joy to an ijaw man,who was not afraid of igbo domination because he understood his neighbour very well,ndi igbo have always been republicans,we never believe in taking peoples land and rulling them,we are only interested in transacting business with them,but all of a sudden the ijawman wakes up and realizes that ndi igbo want to dominate and take their lands,surely someone has put a knive on the things that holds us together and we have fallen apart.It all reminds me of saro wiwas peom.But dont rejoice yet u nigerians,the igbo and ijaw has blood relationship and blood is thicker than water,it is only a matter of time before both(igbo and ijaw) realize your trickery and then your game will be over.
Re: Chinua Achebe - What Nigeria Means To Me by jason12345: 12:01pm On Nov 05, 2010
EzeUche0:

Everyone knows the Itsekiri hates the Ijaw. This is COMMON knowledge. No Ijaw man or Itsekiri man I have encountered says anything good about the other.

That is why I doubt jason is an Itsekiri man. He speaks like a Yoruba, because the Warri Crisis is still on the mind of many Itsekiri. It wasn't that long ago.

shut up!!! was i born in nigeria? even when i did my secondary school, was it in warri or lagos? how do you expect me to know of any hatred.? i though it was just the biafrans that hated every group in the country
Re: Chinua Achebe - What Nigeria Means To Me by jason12345: 12:04pm On Nov 05, 2010
vicenzo:

The ijaw and the igbo use to be best of friends, hardly wil u find an ijaw without an igbo ancestor.Those days to marry an igbowoman was a thing of joy to an ijaw man,who was not afraid of igbo domination because he understood his neighbour very well,ndi igbo have always been republicans,we never believe in taking peoples land and rulling them,we are only interested in transacting business with them,but all of a sudden the ijawman wakes up and realizes that ndi igbo want to dominate and take their lands,surely someone has put a knive on the things that holds us together and we have fallen apart.It all reminds me of saro wiwas peom.But dont rejoice yet u nigerians,the igbo and ijaw has blood relationship and blood is thicker than water,it is only a matter of time before both(igbo and ijaw) realize your trickery and then your game will be over.

what game? so what if igbos and ijaws bond? undecided its good for both of them to bond. i am in support if it!!! but saying the game is over is a different case. you cannot say something like that! it is wrong
Re: Chinua Achebe - What Nigeria Means To Me by aljharem(m): 2:39pm On Nov 05, 2010
i didn't want to talk before but

1.) who made the blockade, is IT not the ijAWS, ITSEKIRI, AND EDO, WHY ARE PPL SO IGNORANT TO THE FACT THAT IF THE IJAWS DID NOT WANT THE BLOCKADE, U WOULD STILL BE ABLE TO IMPORT THING THROUGH TH NIGER/DELTA

angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Chinua Achebe - What Nigeria Means To Me by vicenzo(m): 2:43pm On Nov 05, 2010
@jason for someone who claims to see the igbo and ijaw bond again,u sound a bit afraid of the same bond,okay i am talking about the game of balkanization,already anioma has been re-annexed,ikwerre kings are now realizing their mistakes and has started identifying with the greater igbo nation,peter odili predicament has opened the eyes of onelga people they cant be fooled into denying their true identity again,a big reunion is taking place in the igbo nation,i dont think nigerians saw it coming,soon the ijaw,the ibibio(forget the annang and efik bandwagon,it was all part of the game),ogoni,ogoja, who were tricked into seeing their igbo neighbours as enemies wil come to see who the real enemies are.Odi was destroyed under the command of the enemy,saro wiwa was killed by the enemy,bakassi was given out to cameroun without considering bakassi people's plight by the enemy.It is a game and the name is BALKANIZATION and it will soon come to an end.
Re: Chinua Achebe - What Nigeria Means To Me by jason12345: 3:05pm On Nov 05, 2010
vicenzo:

@jason for someone who claims to see the igbo and ijaw bond again,u sound a bit afraid of the same bond,okay i am talking about the game of balkanization,already anioma has been re-annexed,ikwerre kings are now realizing their mistakes and has started identifying with the greater igbo nation,peter odili predicament has opened the eyes of onelga people they cant be fooled into denying their true identity again,a big reunion is taking place in the igbo nation,i dont think nigerians saw it coming,soon the ijaw,the ibibio(forget the annang and efik bandwagon,it was all part of the game),ogoni,ogoja, who were tricked into seeing their igbo neighbours as enemies wil come to see who the real enemies are.Odi was destroyed under the command of the enemy,saro wiwa was killed by the enemy,bakassi was given out to cameroun without considering bakassi people's plight by the enemy.It is a game and the name is BALKANIZATION and it will soon come to an end.

Bro, i am happy that they are forming bonds, if you have been reading my post on other trends you would have realised my position. to be honest, i don't think the yorubas and the mid west really care about the igbos forming bonds. atleast, i don't care. if any thing, i am even happy. pls brother, what should i be afraid of? undecided that my eastern brothers are coming together undecided . no i am happy for ndigbo!!!!!!!!.

what i noticed was that ojukwu tried to conquer the western region. we yorubas saw it as a threat!!!! we had to react to it!!

also, the so called blockade of biafra would have not been possible if the SS and the ibibio did not implement it!!! so you cannot single out awolowo.

goodluck with your new bonds and congratulations!! but the yorubas and the mid west would not allow biafra to invade yorubaland!!! if that happens, your guess is as good as mine!
Re: Chinua Achebe - What Nigeria Means To Me by EzeUche(m): 7:22pm On Jul 20, 2011
EzeUche:

I have come to see that some of these Yorubas posters on nairaland have nothing but hate for the Ndi Igbo.

However, I know they do not speak on behalf of the Yoruba nation. I have seen many good Yorubas and many bad.

This was one of my first post on Nairaland. It was in defense of Chinua Achebe by the tribalistic Yoruba BABAPUPA.
Re: Chinua Achebe - What Nigeria Means To Me by ENEONWO(m): 1:22pm On Apr 07, 2012
Pathetic, yet thought-provoking.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Top Boko-Haram ‘Commanders’ Arrested In Kaduna / Obanikoro, Omisore Recover Passports From EFCC By Punchng / Peter Mbah Emerges Enugu PDP Guber Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.