Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,947 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? (32766 Views)

Is 500k Enough To Migrate To Canada Or Finland? / Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? / Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by iluvpomo(m): 5:19pm On Jun 15, 2017
This is a 'beans vs juicy meat' comparison.... please chop the suya (MS @ Canada) grin

1 Like

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by Sweetguy25: 5:20pm On Jun 15, 2017
Who NYSC help.

Get an M.Sc and relocate to Canada. It's a country that's a million times better than Nigeria.

9 Likes

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by seunoj: 5:21pm On Jun 15, 2017
Go to your masters. strive to get your PR. gather Intl experience. anytime u cum back, u can do NYSC n claim exception.

5 Likes

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by UwaBuPawPaw: 5:21pm On Jun 15, 2017
Run away to do ur masters and come back fr nysc when there is change of this useless govt

1 Like

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by segtak25: 5:21pm On Jun 15, 2017
PBundles:
I dont see the issue most universities in the EU, US and Canada have Fall (Aug/Sept) and Winter (Jan/feb) intake. Do the NYSC and enrol for Winter, dont uinderstand the issue?
but its limited to some course
Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by africanjink(m): 5:21pm On Jun 15, 2017
Pls listen to Ur bro.

1 Like

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by profedet: 5:22pm On Jun 15, 2017
If I hear NYSC, I will give you..., that you will never forget. Next available flight to Toronto or Alberta.

3 Likes

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by daretodo(m): 5:22pm On Jun 15, 2017
Oga Boss! You can always serve your father land as long as you are still within the age bracket.

Dont get it twisted; try your luck with your Masters and visa application ASAP.

Best of luck.

5 Likes

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by FrankGiel: 5:23pm On Jun 15, 2017
segtak25:
Good Afternoon ,

I need your Career advice on something have been thinking and researching on for some weeks now.
i graduated from the University of Nigeria , Nsukka april this year.
When I told my uncle Who had promised to sponsor me abroad for my Master degree earlier this year.
He was very happy and said i should start the process for the admission in canada so that i can resume with them September 2018.
According to him he said i should process the admission and Visa apllication when partaking in the compulsory Nysc.

The main Issue bothering me now is , I will be Mobilised for Nysc Program by november this year which will be completed October Nextyear(2018)
Msc program in any institution in Canada starts September, that is a month before the completion of NYSC.
Meanwhile, Institutions in canada commence course and other registartion for masters degree in August (2018).

There are two option i'm thinking of:

1.I am thinking of Skiping NYsC but afraid i might need it in future.

2.If i decide to put in for Nysc , There is a popular saying that "Opportunity knocks but once"..

We all know Nysc is getting smart everyday

Pls my fellow Nairalander , i need your advice on these ..

If you are less than 28, its a simple choice. Do ur masters and return after 2 years to do a NYSC.. Now the real decision will be if u are already 28.. if u can guarantee ur uncle will still pay ur tuition fees after NYSC, then go for ur NYSC. If you can't guarantee, pls bone NYSC.. Do ur masters in Canada.. There is a possibility u might never return to work in Nigeria again. Hence u might never need the certificate for anything.
Pray to God for direction though

8 Likes

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by DarkHenrie(m): 5:23pm On Jun 15, 2017
I have a friend who had exactly this problem last year. He eventually left for his masters without completing his NYSC after trying all his best to make them give his certificate to a relative. I don't know if he lied about NYSC officials not agreeing to help him out, but he did leave before we finished. I however know there are people who have left the country for their masters during their service year and were able to reach an agreement with NYSC officials about their clearance and certificate collection. You may be lucky, or even via connection, able to get such assistance from your LGI and/or ZDI.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by intruxive(m): 5:23pm On Jun 15, 2017
Non of the above, join politics now angry
If u think am lying ask Dino cool
Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by soflygerian(m): 5:24pm On Jun 15, 2017
segtak25:
Good Afternoon ,

I need your Career advice on something have been thinking and researching on for some weeks now.
When I told my uncle Who had promised to sponsor me abroad for my Master degree earlier this year.
He was very happy and said i should start the process for the admission in canada so that i can resume with them September 2018.
According to him he said i should process the admission and Visa apllication when partaking in the compulsory Nysc.

The main Issue bothering me now is , I will be Mobilised for Nysc Program by november this year which will be completed October Nextyear(2018)
Msc program in any institution in Canada starts September, that is a month before the completion of NYSC.
Meanwhile, Institutions in canada commence course and other registartion for masters degree in August (2018).

2.If i decide to put in for Nysc , There is a popular saying that "Opportunity knocks but once"..

My friend, will you leave this country. You better get a job there and return when ur 29 to pick up exemption letter from NYSC....

1 Like

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by Nezzitto: 5:24pm On Jun 15, 2017
[color=#000099][/color]
segtak25:
Good Afternoon ,

Masters doesn't run, you have to tell your uncle that you will be ready for the masters ones you are done with your nysc.. Don't rush to do Masters when you have not fully ready with your nysc

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 15, 2017
segtak25:
Good Afternoon ,

You can either go for nysc after which you apply for leave thereafter you continue with it or go for m.sc when done apply for nysc. Nysc will be waiting for you but your m. sc is at risk because your uncle might change his mind. I had friends who had masters while servicing

1 Like

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by SirZeek(m): 5:26pm On Jun 15, 2017
I think you can have it all.. Go for your NYSC. Get very close to ur LI, ZI or even d state coordinator. Be very diligent during ur stay. Be seen to be serious. Then approach them when the time is come for ur traveling. Their could be a kind of arrangement for u to send someone to help collect ur discharge certificate during ur pop. Play ur cards well and it will work

4 Likes

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by condomuser: 5:26pm On Jun 15, 2017
If you have money, you can be doing Masters in Canada and still be marked present everyday at Nysc camp in Nigeria, hope you know what's up grin

If i tell you how i did my nysc you will call me fada.

16 Likes

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by Nicepoker(m): 5:27pm On Jun 15, 2017
9jabiggurl:

Who has NYSC helped Please don't loose the opportunity to go further your studies that can land you better chances in Life than seeking for NYSC....#my2cents
NYSC helped me .

3 Likes

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jun 15, 2017
if some1 go give me 20million naira to expand my business & the price was to ignore the current stream 2 which iam part of, i will do it in a heart beat without the slightest hesitation

2 Likes

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by eyinjuege: 5:28pm On Jun 15, 2017
Go for your masters especially since you're being sponsored.
Your uncle may change his mind next year, he may be broke, or may do a wedding for two of his children.
Take any opportunity that comes your way, and take it immediately.
You can always do nysc after your MSc.
Nothing beats an international exposure. If you decide to come back afterwards to do your nysc, you will realise you're better off.
There are some opportunities that never come again, and getting someone to sponsor your education abroad is one of such.
Meanwhile, process both at same time.

6 Likes

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by Beat123(f): 5:29pm On Jun 15, 2017
Those way waste 1yr for Nysc dey even find way to run leave this country!

Go for masters, do NYSC after! Ease yourself of school stress!

Or go for NYSC after which u go for masters and look for a way never to come back to this jobless country

Final option, go for masters and still do NYSC simultaneously

3 Likes

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by Adazeal: 5:29pm On Jun 15, 2017
Get mobilized for NYSC and process your admission during your service year, when the time is due for you to travel you can go explain to your LGI or even discuss with any official you know that has long legs to help you with the clearance for the few months left. Someone I know did this last year. Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by Beat123(f): 5:30pm On Jun 15, 2017
Nicepoker:
NYSC helped me .
how?
Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by lee007(m): 5:30pm On Jun 15, 2017
Are you kidding me, please proceed to Canada sharp sharp!

1 Like

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by Gwazah(m): 5:30pm On Jun 15, 2017
1) By the moment u finish ur msc, maybe u will be above 30yrs, exemption on point.
2) u will start begging ur school to include ur name in the Senate list so to participate in de mandatory scheme because ur time has passed. 4me, ur broda is ur broda, he made a promised and he is going to keep it, if incase he did not, one thing is certain, Nigeria or abroad u will have ur masters. in essence I am saying go for ur nysc first.

1 Like

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by PREBuhari2019: 5:34pm On Jun 15, 2017
Canada without even thinking

1 Like

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jun 15, 2017
Verify if you can come back and do your NYSC after your MSc in Canada. Once it is possible, I will advise you to get busy and start preparing for your Msc.

The main issue is that your School is staring during a very serious time in the service calendar. Almost close to the Passing Out formalities.If you could escape to Canada and to do your registration, come back to Nigeria to finish up NYSC and then go back to Canada and continue with your studies, I would have said, give it a shot. But then, it is physically and financially stressful. Risky also if you have a strict L. I. and Z. I. who will not allow anyone cover for you.

So when you weigh these, it might just be better to go for your studies and then come back for your youth service if you have verified that you can return to get called up and you are still within the call-up age.

1 Like

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by Nicepoker(m): 5:35pm On Jun 15, 2017
Beat123:
how?
u mean nysc didn't help u? oh u really missed a lot.

1 Like

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by phakinolol(m): 5:35pm On Jun 15, 2017
My own advice,.if it possible for u to differ the admission for a year, after your master you may still come back to Nigeria to work in any federal agency and your certificate of services may be of important... Wish you all the best dear
Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by Snowstorm: 5:36pm On Jun 15, 2017
Go for Masters please
Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by macsilver(m): 5:37pm On Jun 15, 2017
segtak25:
Okay...
Pls more advise

To me, NYSC isn't disturbing anything at all. In this case, you can eat your cake and have it.
Since you would almost end the NYSC some months before your travel, it's simple. Nysc gives almost a month free from work (that is, in the second to the last month or so, you would be given 3 weeks break... Then you can go home and come back after 3 weeks), your holiday starts then. Missing a few weeks afterwards isn't going to kill them at the Nysc office. Just take an excuse that you're sick and collect your certificate when it's ready. It's better you do it now because if you plan on coming back to do it, age for don carry you... Lol... Or worse still, you might lose interest. Also, make sure you have good rapport with your LGI. He/she can cover up for you and even send your certificate to you wherever you are. All the best
Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by mokt(m): 5:37pm On Jun 15, 2017
go for ur masters n come back for NYSC if u feel like but I hope you choose not to.

Reminder, Bukola Saraki just got discharged from all charges against him in this country, I feel so used knowing I have served this country before.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Emdee Tiamiyu Interview With Daddy Freeze After Been Exposed Online (VIDEO) / Accident Along Fadeyi Road - - Five Feared Dead / 23-year-old Unilag Graduate Dies In Fatal Accident, Few Days After His Nysc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.