Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? (32850 Views)

Is 500k Enough To Migrate To Canada Or Finland? / Canada Or Germany, Which Country Is Better? / Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by edi287: 5:38pm On Jun 15, 2017
hardeywhale2:
How old are you?

Good question.
Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by Ejimchiglo: 5:38pm On Jun 15, 2017
fratermathy:
Except you don't intend coming back to Nigeria to do any work, get your Nysc certificate first. You can never tell what the future portends.

Abegiii he can appyly for exemption ,who NYSC help ni?

1 Like

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by shine12: 5:38pm On Jun 15, 2017
Msc now.Don't let that opportunity pass you buy.
Are you not tired of begging everybody in Nigeria just for signing form, they'll think they are God.

1 Like

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by preponey: 5:40pm On Jun 15, 2017
Go to Canada for your Masters come back and take exemption letter
Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by Hoodfriend(m): 5:40pm On Jun 15, 2017
Tell employer that u got a master in the university of canada., fear no GI let them ask u for NYSC cert
Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by goshen26: 5:41pm On Jun 15, 2017
segtak25:
Good Afternoon ,

I need your Career advice on something have been thinking and researching on for some weeks now.
i graduated from the University of Nigeria , Nsukka april this year.
When I told my uncle Who had promised to sponsor me abroad for my Master degree earlier this year.
He was very happy and said i should start the process for the admission in canada so that i can resume with them September 2018.
According to him he said i should process the admission and Visa apllication when partaking in the compulsory Nysc.

The main Issue bothering me now is , I will be Mobilised for Nysc Program by november this year which will be completed October Nextyear(2018)
Msc program in any institution in Canada starts September, that is a month before the completion of NYSC.
Meanwhile, Institutions in canada commence course and other registartion for masters degree in August (2018).

There are two option i'm thinking of:

1.I am thinking of Skiping NYsC but afraid i might need it in future.

2.If i decide to put in for Nysc , There is a popular saying that "Opportunity knocks but once"..

We all know Nysc is getting smart everyday

Pls my fellow Nairalander , i need your advice on these ..

Not a big issue bro.
I have a friend that did d same during my nysc. He left for UK b4 our POP, he only carried my self (CDS president) and the LGI along, dunno if he settle her share, but I was the one helping him to cover. I collected his release letter from his school, I took it to the LGI office....

He started by being close to the LGI, he buys her things, so when the admission letter came out he showed it to her and she gave her consent....

The logic is do the two, if ur LGI does not cooperate u can forgo nysc certificate, but I'm sure he/she will....u never can tell u may have the two..

Serving in a remote area pays at times cos of this kinda thinga
When our certi came out, my friend parents came to collect it for him....

So do d two
Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by engrpheleeks(m): 5:41pm On Jun 15, 2017
9jabiggurl:

Who has NYSC helped Please don't loose the opportunity to go further your studies that can land you better chances in Life than seeking for NYSC....#my2cents
na wa o. u no get chill o

1 Like

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 15, 2017
Masters in Canada pays you now - NYSC you can sort out later.. do the wise thing will we still have double-digit inflation.. you don't know what you might find after your masters grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by KingsleyTMTTM(m): 5:42pm On Jun 15, 2017
Just go to canda and get a work there, afterall is the same work you need that bloody nysc for.... education is one thing l, making money is another.

1 Like

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by SpencerM(m): 5:42pm On Jun 15, 2017
Firstly letmi clarify it for you might be lenty dou but read tru.
1.nysc law is,If you are below 30 as at the time of ur graduation den you can serve letmi explain lets say u graduated this year at d age of 25, you can choose to come serve even afta 15yrs dat is wen ur 40yr what matters is you must be below 30yrs as at the tym of ur graduatn.

2. I presently also is intendin to take up d chance of doin my masters in canada now get ur facts rite dey av d Jan/Jun/September admssn plan.

3.you can continue ur nysc and wen d canada chance comes u can go..as Nysc in there bye laws gives the grace of u leavin 3months to d end of the full 1year..dat is if u secure a job/travel 3months to the end of ur servce year u can go thou this law is not generally made known to the public per say but all you need do is talk/negotiate with ur lgi(local govt.inspector) wen d tym comes...

4.NOTE No3 dosnt affect ur certificate in anyway u will b given on d day of ur pop eida in person/ in absential

5.Theres a letter of exemption if you dont want to subscribe to all of this..jus go request for exemption letter but u rily no need am as u fit dey canada make ur nysc still dey go here ask dos of us wey sabi am..

6. Only for political risons is d nysc a must(not by constitution o) if u intend bin an enterprenuer or sumtin else all u need is better connect to d ceo/hrm of d company
Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by nextstep(m): 5:43pm On Jun 15, 2017
Thank your uncle, then ask him to take that money and invest in you and a business, in exchange for 20-30% equity. The money to travel to Canada, feeding, healthcare, transport, weekend flexing, and paying for a 2-year degree is not trivial and can get you doing something serious here in Naija.

I'm not saying you should not pursue higher degree for the sake of it, but if the idea is to increase your chances of employment in Nigeria, I'd say go the self-employed route and work hard. How many millionaires went to NYSC or have master's degrees?

1 Like

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by fitinwell: 5:45pm On Jun 15, 2017
You don get Visa Apply for Visa first...!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by dingbang(m): 5:45pm On Jun 15, 2017
Both of them are not even important sef... Tell your uncle to give you the cash and start business

1 Like

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by zionic(m): 5:46pm On Jun 15, 2017
My brother, who NYSC help you can apply for exemption. but once you Land Canada you can get a career and even a good job which you might not think of coming to Nigeria by so doing NYSC matter done turn past tense.

2 Likes

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by Nickizoe(f): 5:47pm On Jun 15, 2017
dingbang:
Both of them are not even important sef... Tell your uncle to give you the cash and start business
huh why nah bros!
Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 15, 2017
Who NYSC help?

NYSC - Now Your Struggles Continue.
Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 5:49pm On Jun 15, 2017
Bros, the point here is, do u have interest in moving abroad for whateva candid reason best known to u, if u desire career progression in ur field or u want to migrate i will advice u move 2 Canny, mind u, u can get nysc exemption letter with ur reasons, or beta enroll for ur nysc & resume for 2019 winter.
Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by Z8(m): 5:50pm On Jun 15, 2017
If your admission is set and all that's left is to travel. Postpone your NYSC. You can always do that later. Find out if you need to do anything in particular or you if can just leave and ignore your call up letter.

When you are done with your masters, you can then decide what you want to do next and if it's to come back home then NYSC isn't going anywhere. It will be here when you return.

If the admission is not set, go for NYSC while you continue processing the admission. You can always resume late if it's set while you are serving. Also you can either defer the admission or defer service once you've started. The worst thing that can happen if you defer service is to redo it another year. It's still not the end of the world. NYSC is always fun. Extra year is extra fun in my mind, but that's just my 50kobo on the matter.

I don't see any reason why you can't do both.
Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by omolorlarh: 5:50pm On Jun 15, 2017
segtak25:
Good Afternoon ,

I need your Career advice on something have been thinking and researching on for some weeks now.
i graduated from the University of Nigeria , Nsukka april this year.
When I told my uncle Who had promised to sponsor me abroad for my Master degree earlier this year.
He was very happy and said i should start the process for the admission in canada so that i can resume with them September 2018.
According to him he said i should process the admission and Visa apllication when partaking in the compulsory Nysc.

The main Issue bothering me now is , I will be Mobilised for Nysc Program by november this year which will be completed October Nextyear(2018)
Msc program in any institution in Canada starts September, that is a month before the completion of NYSC.
Meanwhile, Institutions in canada commence course and other registartion for masters degree in August (2018).

There are two option i'm thinking of:

1.I am thinking of Skiping NYsC but afraid i might need it in future.

2.If i decide to put in for Nysc , There is a popular saying that "Opportunity knocks but once"..

We all know Nysc is getting smart everyday

Pls my fellow Nairalander , i need your advice on these ..

Instead of going for the September 2018 admission, you can go for January 2019.Just start processing your admission during Nysc into 2 or 3 universities that accept students into your "department" in January. Immediately after nysc you can then travel.

I can't imagine finishing my MSc program then coming back for nysc
Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by syrex24(m): 5:51pm On Jun 15, 2017
My brother i advise you gor for Masters there will be a lot of job prospects after you graduate.
Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by hopebacy(m): 5:51pm On Jun 15, 2017
am like having the same issue here,, mine is dat am working in a federal govt Agency,, and according to the rules. If i go for service am sure not gonna use my certificate for upgrade, or if i still insist on going, i need to write the management for temporary stoppage of salary, am damn confused but also thinking of exemption.
Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by Tsam1959(m): 5:52pm On Jun 15, 2017
N-power 2017 is now opened for registration its a programme set aside to empower youths by the federal government . if you have not applied yet visit N-power.gov.ng. now , and.If you had issues in applying before you can re-visit the page now all technical issues have been resolved now

1 Like

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by kaywhy09(m): 5:53pm On Jun 15, 2017
You can always come back for your NYSC. Perhaps, haven't you heard of ghosting? By the time you've spent 6 months in service, you'd have known how to abscond. Just be sure you are not involved in what can hook you.
Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by dingbang(m): 5:53pm On Jun 15, 2017
Nickizoe:
huh why nah bros!

spending lots of dollars for an MSC just to get a job is hilarious

1 Like

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by Bills2307(m): 5:53pm On Jun 15, 2017
U graduated from the University of Nigeria , Nsukka april this year?? April dis yr, dat was wen d second semester just started. Unless u mean say, u tidy ur carry over finish by dat April. U might be lying tho to just know d opinion of all. But I suggest u go to canada for m.sc! Once again weh don sir for graduating in April (b.sc o)

Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by Coolyabs(m): 5:54pm On Jun 15, 2017
go for your masters
Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by Nickizoe(f): 5:55pm On Jun 15, 2017
dingbang:
spending lots of dollars for an MSC just to get a job is hilarious
buh is for her own self development nah... I remember you told me that.. .
Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by Jackipapa: 5:55pm On Jun 15, 2017
Who nysc elp?

Go study defer ur nysc till later date if it will be existing/ relevant as at the time.
Re: Masters Degree In Canada Or NYSC Program? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 15, 2017
DarkHenrie:
I have a friend who had exactly this problem last year. He eventually left for his masters without completing his NYSC after trying all his best to make them give his certificate to a relative. I don't know if he lied about NYSC officials not agreeing to help him out, but he did leave before we finished. I however know there are people who have left the country for their masters during their service year and were able to reach an agreement with NYSC officials about their clearance and certificate collection. You may be lucky, or even via connection, able to get such assistance from your LGI and/or ZDI.
i have a friend currently serving and his about to dump service for msc in Canada, he has made necessary arrangement with lgi and zi tho

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Motor Accident On Third Mainland Bridge This Morning (Photos) / Obituary Of Boy Killed After His Father Tried To Avoid Hitting Child On The Road / My Take From My 10 Days Norway Visit.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.