Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,367 members, 7,864,694 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 01:45 AM

The Four Temperaments You Should Know To Help Relationships - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Four Temperaments You Should Know To Help Relationships (3201 Views)

Ladies/Men Who Are In Relationships With Introverts, Share Your Experiences. / 12 Lies About Marriage You Should Know To Avoid Marital Disappointment / I Am In Love With My Best Friend Wife And I Don't Know To Do (pls Advice) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Four Temperaments You Should Know To Help Relationships by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 18, 2017
WORLDPEACE:

Yeah, cholerics need phlegmatics to reduce their ruthlessness. Phlegmatics are very good observers so they can always show Cholerics when they are going wrong. Phlegmatics too are very good at tuning out, when they want to, which can make them a puzzle to the Choleric that tries to dominate them.

Yeah, sounds like a good match.

Now I'm starting to doubt I'm a Choleric lol. The trying to dominate part just doesn't sit well. Perhaps it's described as them trying to dominate, without fully explaining or understanding the mechanism behind the behavior. Because I can without a doubt say, I'm not a dominant person but will rise to the occasion if I feel like someone is trying to rise above me. So I guess that's could be misinterpreted as overbearing or whatever. Oh well.

What do you like about being Melancholic/Phlegmatic? Which one is the more dominant one between the two?
Re: The Four Temperaments You Should Know To Help Relationships by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 18, 2017
Joenyam:
45% Melancholic, 20% Choleric, 15% phlegmatic and 20% sanguine. Approximately, that's me.

Jack of all trades... You know the rest.
Re: The Four Temperaments You Should Know To Help Relationships by WORLDPEACE(m): 11:35am On Jun 18, 2017
ZarZar:

Yeah, sounds like a good match.

Now I'm starting to doubt I'm a Choleric lol. The trying to dominate part just doesn't sit well. Perhaps it's described as them trying to dominate, without fully explaining or understanding the mechanism behind the behavior. Because I can without a doubt say, I'm not a dominant person but will rise to the occasion if I feel like someone is trying to rise above me. So I guess that's could be misinterpreted as overbearing or whatever. Oh well.

What do you like about being Melancholic/Phlegmatic? Which one is the more dominant one between the two?

The Choleric likes to take charge and get things done. They are ambitious and are not necessarily aware of their nature. They have a very high need for orderliness and a very much result oriented. In an organisation they are very much needed. Their flaws are their flaws; they can work on them but it's not like they'd disappear. What do you need a security dog that can't bark or bite for anyway? We all gotta play our roles.

Phlegmatic is my most dominant. I like that I can have a panoramic view of things. Sincerely, I don't know if it's as a result of life's experiences or my temperament. But I know they say phlegmatics are supposed to be that way. I'm good at observing and seeing the good in others. That might be due to an acute awareness of my own weaknesses. A true phlegmatic doesn't judge too much.

My melancholic side is very small compared to the phlegmatic. Many ideas but I don't possess the single mindedness of a true melancholic to make them come to reality.

1 Like

Re: The Four Temperaments You Should Know To Help Relationships by Nobody: 11:38am On Jun 18, 2017
WORLDPEACE:

The Choleric likes to take charge and get things done. They are ambitious and are not necessarily aware of their nature. They have a very high need for orderliness and a very much result oriented. In an organisation they are very much needed. Their flaws are their flaws; they can work on them but it's not like they'd disappear. What do you need a security dog that can't bark or bite for anyway? We all gotta play our roles.

Phlegmatic is my most dominant. I like that I can have a panoramic view of things. Sincerely, I don't know if it's as a result of life's experiences or my temperament. But I know they say phlegmatics are supposed to be that way. I'm good at observing and seeing the good in others. That might be due to an acute awareness of my own weaknesses. A true phlegmatic doesn't judge too much.

My melancholic side is very small compared to the phlegmatic. Many ideas but I don't possess the single mindedness of a true melancholic to make them come to reality.

Interesting.
Re: The Four Temperaments You Should Know To Help Relationships by justiniyke29: 1:14pm On Jun 18, 2017
4RM your write up am 95% sanguine.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Showoff His Big And Short with big hips Fiancee In New Pre- Wedding Photo / How To Deal With A Narcissist / Instead Of A Ring,See What Jobless Man Proposed To Babe With Getting Her Worried

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.