Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here - Literature (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here (130774 Views)

Authors On Wattpad, Drop Your Book Info Here / Five Novels By Nigerian Authors You Should Read / Hills And Wills Nwokedi, Twin Authors Of Dominik's Diaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here by pabon(m): 8:48am On Jul 25, 2020

The game is more than what you see. It's the struggle for survival.

A boy must do everything to rescue his parents from the hands of a crazy kidnapper whose mission is to totally destroy their family.
It all begins with playing a game.

Anything he does has a consequence. What would you do for the ones you love?

Available NOW on Okadabooks
Re: Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here by Ademibayojulius: 10:19am On Jul 30, 2020
Author:Adebayo julius 0.
word count:3000
category: Romance
tag:historical fiction
price:#300

Kemi and Femi grew up in the same compound, though not related, yet many considered them siblings. The friendship bond between the duo took root in their tender hearts. Not until the college’s accident that tends to claim Kemi’s life; a consequence of Femi’s action.
Femi Williams set sails for England to study. While Kemi’s parents decided to take her back to Gabon, she objected to school in Nigeria, on oath of waiting for Femi.
Can kemi survive the siege of her heart by the army of lovers and lectures lusting after her because of her breathtaking beauty?
What about her promise? What about Femi Williams-the lost sheep?

What about Jessisca-Kemi’s friend who literally lived by the saying that ‘Give what it takes to get what you want,’ for her to be lawyer?
What is the end of these teenage lovers?
Find out in COLLEGE FEELINGS- a narrative fiction, full of emotional curiosity.

https://okadabooks.com/user/ademibayojulius

1 Share

Re: Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here by Rosemary33: 1:57am On Aug 05, 2020
Four romance stories in one place. Fall in love with these special collections!

Celebrate love the African way and be swept off your feet by these beautiful, romantic stories written by African authors featuring African characters.

Be My Valentine Volume 2 are available in all good bookshops in eBook and paperback formats.

Order for your copy via these links

Okadabooks: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/be_my_valentine_vol_2_anthology/31171

Re: Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here by Ajoshberry: 7:14am On Aug 11, 2020
Re: Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here by LiveLifeHub(m): 1:06am On Aug 12, 2020
Are you a student or a prospective of either secondary or tertiary institution, you need to "Build Your Capacity for after school life". Get this book as a guideline to a secured, better and fulfilled future. The book worth more than the price (the price has been discounted for charity sake). Many graduates live with regret of failing to utilise their studenthood to prepare for the after-school life, the earlier you get the secret to having a relevant future the greater your chance of becoming successful.

The author is a second class upper graduate, University of Ibadan. Feel free to contact him for counselling and advice, he majors in career and personal development.

Re: Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here by filani(m): 6:00pm On Aug 12, 2020
BOOK TITLE:
The Arasaka Contract

GENRE:
Science Fiction Adventure

Book description:
It is the year 2052 and the world has changed. Democratic institutions have fallen and many countries of the world are indirectly ruled by Mega Corporations with massive influence and resources.

The two largest MegaCorps in the world are the Arasaka Corporation of Japan and Military Technologies Inc of America.

A secret war is being fought between these two for total domination of the world and as such in violent times like this Spies, Mercenaries and Dealers of all kinds make their fortune by working for the highest bidder.

In this Science Fiction Thriller you will step into the shoes of a MegaCorp soldier and experience 24 hours of his life in a dangerous dystopian city of the near future

#TheArasakaContract

The Arasaka Contract is available on Okadabooks. Click on the link below to get your copy.
https://okadabooks.com/search?query=the%2520Arasaka%2520contract

Re: Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here by MontazReader: 9:44pm On Aug 13, 2020

Re: Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here by AbahChukwuka(m): 2:02pm On Aug 14, 2020
I am replying...
Re: Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here by MHelensbooks(f): 9:55pm On Aug 14, 2020
My New Release which can also be gotten offline from Sevhage Publishers, sevhage.
Beyond the Heartbeat
Beyond The Heartbeat is a novel on past African traditional practices, some of which are worth retaining due to their relevance, and some which, out of naivety of the people, resulted in unpleasant conditions to those who were caught in the web. It brings to limelight, the cherished African traditional norms and other practices which make one’s thought roll in appreciation of those years that were devoid of complexities. It equally brings to bear, the abuse of some of those practices and which have consequently grieved the hearts of many. It is a call for a close examination of the past traditional practices with a view to dropping the injurious ones and embracing the advantageous ones.

You can get a copy at the below link:
https://okadabooks.com/book/about/beyond_the_heartbeat/36014

Then we have a collection on plays; The Ultimate Price and Other Plays:
The Ultimate Price & Other Plays is a collection of three short plays: The Ultimate Price, Power of Uniform, and According to my Teacher.
The Ultimate Price exposes the dangers of practicing politics with bitterness.
Power of Uniform showcases the authority attached to those in uniforms.
According to my Teacher is a reflection of the child's total trust in his teacher.

You can also this at okadabook through this link:
The Ultimate price and other plays
https://okadabooks.com/book/about/the_ultimate_price_other_plays/35956

and then my book on Poetry titled ECHOES OF MY VOICE
Echoes Of My Voice is a collection of poems, as composed by Helen Uche Ibezim. They are rhythms of the mind, themes that awaken the heart, and lyrics that soothe the soul. They reflect on various perspectives of life. Children who have been exposed to poetry recitations have confidence in public speaking. This collection, therefore, aims at building the required confidence, resilience and voice in them.
Echoes of my voice

With the link to get the book below
https://okadabooks.com/book/about/echoes_of_my_voice/35957

And then there is my childrens book!
It has a lot of pictures to which children can relate to and enjoy
Mummy's Little Girl

Mummy's Little Girl is a storybook for the kiddies on family values and social etiquette. The child is exposed to the much cherished family values which form the bedrock of a great society. The adherence to social etiquette by children is advocated, through the activities of the little girl in the story. The little girl serves as a model to the kids, as she follows the continuous grooming by her mother. Personality development starts from childhood. Catching them young is the antidote for our societal ills.

You can find the okada link to Mummy's little girl below.
https://okadabooks.com/book/about/mummy_s_little_girl/36015

Re: Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here by MHelensbooks(f): 4:54am On Aug 18, 2020
Other interesting books which have been written by me include the
the children's comic book

SET FOR SCHOOL - A Comic For Beginners
Set For School is a storybook for kiddies, depicting a child who is preparing to start schooling. The tools for starting school are put in place for a proper take-off. The kid is physically and mentally prepared before being sent out. The book highlights the nurturing of a child right from the crèche through playgroup class to the beginning of primary school. The child is enthusiastic about going to school when the necessary materials and conducive environment are provided for him. This storybook will kindle the kiddies' interest in going to school.
link here:
https://okadabooks.com/book/about/set_for_school_-_comic_for_beginners/35966

Then there is my non-fiction book on August Meetings in Nigeria!
AUGUST MEETING VIBES
August Meeting Vibes is an informative book that seeks to address the misinterpretations, bias, confusions and comprehension of the concept, August Meeting. It discusses its implications, structure, procedure, expectations, and impacts on the women, men, children, church and the community. It further suggests ways of moving the occasion forward, for greater relevance, increased popularity and wider acceptance.
link here:
https://okadabooks.com/book/about/august_meeting_vibes/35608

All these

Re: Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here by Rosemary33: 12:02am On Aug 20, 2020
Okay... grin

Okadabooks came through earlier than I thought. And the book One more night" is up for sale for just 800 on Okadabooks now with a new cover.

For our @Okadabooks readers, ONE MORE NIGHT by @OziomaRosemary is out now.

Buy here: https:///uD6hM2YhV3

One More Night weaves the stories of three women as they search for love, second chances, forgiveness and self rediscovery.

Read a sample: https:///LE2OZhEYXB https:///oUVCwhBFRm

Leave a review and purchase the full book of you are impressed (which I know you will be.

I don't think 800 is too much

Re: Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here by MontazReader: 2:26am On Aug 28, 2020
What would you do if you were a homosexual in a country where being gay is severely frowned upon and considered a taboo? What is the ultimate price to pay if you were different, gay?

Lagos playboy, son of an ex-beauty Queen; and sole heir to the Johnson fortune, Henry Johnson, is facing a stunning controversy because of his sexual orientation . . . He loves men, yet the thought disgusts him and throws him into turmoil, that is, until he encounters Phoenix, a bisexual male stripper and prostitute who is wildly ambitious and will do anything to climb the social ladder. Phoenix is the one man that opens his eyes to the taste of the forbidden fruit, to what it feels like to hold another man, to kiss another man, and to bed another man.

One taste of the forbidden gay fruit and Henry knows he's trapped. Trapped between Society's expectations, his duty to his family, and his hidden love of men. Set against the backdrop of a sprawling, decadent Lagos City, and from there to the outer edges of Eastern Nigeria, where being gay is unimaginable, a gay romance unthinkable, the consequences of being caught frighteningly debilitating and cripplingly suicidal, Behind Closed Doors is a story of hidden passions that take hold in the dark where same sex love thrives.

Henry will be forced to look deep within himself to unearth the man beneath, to make the toughest decisions of his life as it concerns Phoenix, a young man whose destiny becomes irremovably entwined in his. He will have to question everything he holds dear, everything Society has taught him. He will be forced to question his very existence.

https://okadabooks.com/book/about/behind_closed_doors___adult_only_18/33776

Re: Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here by Deeowombre(f): 12:17am On Sep 08, 2020
I now know that the man I thought of as my father all my life is not my father.

What's more? I also know now that my prim and proper, holier-than-thou mother used to be — how do I say this politely? — a woman who slept with men she did not really know.

How did all this come about?

Mama is in the hospital in Uyo. I've come from Abuja to play the role of only child to a sick mother.

But as usual, Mama cannot let me play this simple, uncomplicated role and let bygones be bygones.

She has to bring up my sexuality.

Precisely, she has to invent another reason why she thinks I'm attracted to women like me.

This time her theory is that I'm attracted to women because my 'father' tried to rape me.

I am tired of these manipulative stories and I just want to see the doctor responsible for her treatment so I can understand where things stand.

So I stand up. “I’m going to see the doctor. And please let’s forget that rape story. I don’t believe the man who fathered me, my own flesh and blood, could ever do that to me. Why would he? Have women finished in this world? I think you made it up just to make me believe I like women because of that. Sorry, but it didn’t work.”

I’m almost out of the door when Mama says, “You mean you don’t know that devil wasn’t the one who ‘fathered’ you, as you put it?”

I turn around. “What do you mean?”

Mama takes off her bifocals and reclines on the bed. “That devil wasn’t your real father. I married him six months before you were born. How can you not know this?”

As calmly as I can, I make my way back to the bedside and stare down at Mama. I’m shaking so I cross my arms over my chest. My heart pounds heavily.

“Mama, how am I supposed to know something you’ve never told me?”

She looks away. “I don’t know how you can ask such a question. You were supposed to find out on your own. That’s how these things happen. It’s not for me to tell you.”

My knees buckle. I grab a chair to steady myself. But my high heels still feel unstable so I settle into the chair. I’m in the middle of something so ridiculous if it were a scene in a Nollywood movie everyone would laugh it off as being too implausible. And yet here I am aged thirty-six, learning things so vital to my entire existence for the first time.

“Mama,” my voice cracks. Tears sting my eyes. “Is there… are there other things about me that you have kept to yourself? Are you even my real mother?”

Mama is still looking away from me, studying the wall on the far side of the room as if the biblical writing on the wall has suddenly appeared there.

Then she says, “I told you many times to plant your feet on this earth and live real life. But no, you had to do like mmakara.”

I cannot believe my ears. “Me? When have I ever behaved like a white person?”

Mama snorts. “If you weren’t acting like mmakara, how come you don’t know what even ten-year-olds easily find out?”

I shut my eyes. So, she is going to make this my fault, eh? Okay. It is a tactic of hers that I know well. But this time I’m not having it. I stand up, wipe my tears but can’t do anything to slow my galloping heart.

“Mama,” I hear myself sounding cold and impersonal. It is the tone I use when dealing with scheming, thieving juniors at work, of which they have been quite a few. “I’m going to ask you straight questions and you are going to give me straight answers. If you don’t, I will walk out that door and I swear on everything that you hold holy it will be over between you and me.”

She turns then to face me. There is a hint of surprise on her face, which quickly hardens to defiance.

“Are you my biological mother?”

She nods, but the look of defiance deepens.

“Who is my biological father?”

Her gaze drifts upwards. “He was a doctor who worked here.”

“Was? Is he dead?”

Mama’s shoulders droops. “I don’t know. He ran away after I told him I was pregnant.”

I shake my head. “That’s not good enough. Where did he run to?”

“I don’t know.”

“Okay, where was he from?”

“I don’t know.”

“How can you say you don’t know? You were sleeping with him and you say you don’t know where he was from? How is that possible?”

Mama lowers her gaze and tries to burn me with an angry stare. She sits up, picks up her Bible and points it at me. “You that you’re talking, can you swear that you know where everybody you ever slept with is from?”

I snatch the Bible from her. “I can swear that I know where the man who impregnated me is from.” I throw the Bible on the bed. “But this is not about me. We’re talking about the man you’re now claiming is my father. Mama! You must have an idea!”

This is an excerpt from my novella Pepper. You can get the entire book at just ₦600 only on Okadabooks at the link below

https://okadabooks.com/book/about/pepper/13038

Re: Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here by noble4d(m): 12:24pm On Sep 11, 2020
Download Under the sun, an African paranormal book for just 200naira on okadabooks.com

https://okadabooks.com/book/about/under_the_sun/36937

Alhaji Basir was a respected business magnate in Gidan kowa. A noble man who married Nafisa, Mallam balarabe's only daughter. They both lived a blissful life until one night when they were murdered in cold blood and the only son they had, Al-warith was missing.
Al-warith grew up under the care of Mallam Balarabe, his grandfather in Gidan-lafia and those behind his parents death were still after him.
In the quest to find his parents killer, Al-warith encountered troubles with his grandfather. It was during these troubles they met Lawal, a bank manager and his daughter, Zahra.
Mallam Balarabe's struggles continued when he found out that Al-warith was missing. He left for Gidan kowa with Lawal and Zahra in search of Al-warith and were in dismay when they saw supernatural beings. They arrived Haske village in the night and met Shiek sunusi who told them that Al-warith is in danger and should leave for Domina village immediately. Will they survive the spooky danger of the night?

Re: Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here by zilda3: 1:22am On Sep 12, 2020
It hurts differently when you face rejection at an early age. It turns you into a monster or a LovePeddler!!!
Can true love heal Sarah. find out in my new story _HER_ _MOTHERS DAUGHTER_

Please drop your reviews as you read �

https://www.goodnovel.com/book/21000006890-108913

Re: Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here by zilda3: 1:30am On Sep 12, 2020
Hello, how're you doing? I was hoping you'd support me by checking out my book titled 'The life of Bisi" it's an LGBT story of a Nigerian gay boy and his trails in life

https://www.goodnovel.com/book/21000001837

Please click on the link above to check it out, I would absolutely appreciate it if you could drop a rating and review.
Thank you

Re: Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here by zilda3: 1:33am On Sep 12, 2020
She stared at herself in the mirror, angry at the woman she had become, angry for giving him so much power to her emotionally, angry for taking so long to realize she had the power to live on her own terms
https://www.goodnovel.com/book_info/21000001607

Re: Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here by peesleem(m): 12:55am On Sep 18, 2020
let me drop mine

Title: IDENTITY

Genre: Self-help

Book Description: This book, gives the reader an insight to "self identity" as a salient truth that will enable anyone on earth to succeed in his/her chosen career ,ministry,family life,business and other endeavours (in God's will).

Book link: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/identity/25942

Re: Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here by Aida13: 12:27pm On Sep 22, 2020
Over 25 novels available from M'Press Fiction on Okadabooks!

Fall in love with romance, adventure and excitement!

Kindly find here -
https://okadabooks.com/book/about/denied_by_his_virgin_arranged_bride/32075

Read about Bestselling novel, "Denied by His Virgin Bride" - (Marriage of convenience).

She was my father's secretary. A beautiful untouched temptation.

I stole her innocence, now I must make her mine.

From the moment Blake Harrington Carter met Kira Taylor at his welcome party, neither can deny their lethal chemistry.

Things don't always turn out the way we want. Kira was living proof of that. She'd been saving herself for the right man, for the right time.

But one hour within meeting Blake, the handsome son of her boss, she was locked under him in forbidden passion.

What happens when her boss finds out, not to mention her boyfriend, Terrence?

Her life becomes a ticking time bomb of consequences. Will she become the bride of Terrence or will she choose the man she hated the most, who turned her body to slippery fire?

Dirty secrets, dangerous desires and undeniable emotions prove a recipe for disaster. In this losing game only the power of love can prevail...

**Content warning - This 50,000 word story contains explicit sexual activity, violence and crude language. 18+

AVAILABLE ON OKADABOOKS! SO MUCH MORE IN STORE WITH M'PRESS FICTION!

Re: Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here by Sixtus84: 9:31am On Sep 25, 2020
Most men wander about tryna know why their partner doesn't love them as were expected to.
The truth of the matter is, some ladies accepted to be in a relationship with you because you forced yourself on them and things are not done that way these days.

With my little or no experience I know what I'm writing, and let me correct this impression once and for all.

There are things you don't force from your fellow being no matter how hard you try you still gonna fail.
You can force other things from people but you can never and will never force 'Attention' from people who don't want you no matter how hard you try.
You can never also gain 'Love' when you force it. 'Love' Comes naturally because; you can be beautiful, handsome, wealthy, intelligent, famous, expert ...etc. yet, you still wonder why most people don't love you, that is because not everyone is gonna love you because you're unique.

Here are some of the facts about ladies you don't know.

Available on https://okadabooks.com/user/Sixtuscruz

Re: Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here by camaa(f): 3:27pm On Sep 25, 2020
Hello, you can read my stories for free on okadabooks using this link https://okadabooks.com/user/camaa_pearl
Re: Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here by Aida13: 9:48pm On Sep 25, 2020
Do you like free books?!

If you're like me and you enjoy freebies then get the best of romance, suspense, and intrigue from M'Press Fiction for free!

Only on Okadabooks..
https://okadabooks.com/user/Mia_Oma_3142

Re: Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here by olatunyemi(m): 9:45am On Sep 26, 2020
Verses from the hospice bed is an anthology on life and everything it encompasses. The struggles in life, love in its purest form, heartbreaks, gender inequality, spirituality, corruption in the society, the Coronavirus pandemic that's grounded the world, failed leadership, genocide, banditry, and kidnappings are what the author artistically penned down and queried. In the end, he left the world finding solace in death.
https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/verses_from_the_hospice_bed/37274
Re: Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here by IfeMichaEL(m): 6:40pm On Oct 02, 2020
Dayo, your proofreader is here for you! You get put off at errors in a text, book, etc., right? Same with me. I'm passionate, keen-eyed & detailed when it comes to locating errors and correcting them. Reach me on 08075848514(call, text, WhatsApp), and let's relate...for an agreed price, of course. See ya.
Re: Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here by thesilentman(m): 11:26am On Oct 19, 2020
BOOK TITLE: PENULTIMATE SATURDAY
AUTHOR: PHEMY HALABY
GENRE: ROMANCE
WRITING STYLE:STREAM OF CONSCIOUSNESS.
                CHAPTER ONE
During a heavy petting session that nearly culminated in a rumpy- pumpy, Lawrence had relieved Damilola- the bachelorette who had come from the neighbouring town for her student teaching-of her g- string lingerie.
   He could remember vividly just a fortnight ago,how he had chatted her up when they bumped into each other at a shopping plaza and ever since,they had gotten along like a house on fire.She had consented to his amorous advances towards her without demur;thus,It  now boggles the mind  why the heck she was still playing hard- to - get, even after he had schemingly inveigled himself into her submission.
   This Saturday evening,in the dimly- lit bedsitter which Lawrence had made well- appointed with lavish furniture and creature comforts,the damsel,dammy- as he fondly called her- cowered defensively at an angle beside the bed.And as the fair,plump,bootylicious, curvaceous and soignee wench in in her early twenties glared at her host indignantly,beads of perspiration stood out on her forehead.
  " Let me go Lawrence," she cried lamely as he made for her again." Please,let me go.It can't work today,I tell you- there will Surely be another time." She was as tensed as a cat on hot bricks as he grabbed her again and made him face her squarely.And before one could say Jack Robinson,he had planted those full sensuous lips of his on hers in a hot french kiss.His cuddle was irresistible...

To be Continued.................
Re: Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here by AishaAM: 1:08pm On Nov 05, 2020
Re: Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here by drupleez: 9:10am On Nov 14, 2020
which book is trending here

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (23) (Reply)

A Night That Destroyed Me.....sex Story / The New Girl / Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.