Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,513 members, 7,816,245 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Judge Awards ₦100m Damages To Uzoma Okere - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Judge Awards ₦100m Damages To Uzoma Okere (10335 Views)

Court Orders Gov Lamido, 3 Others To Pay APC Candidate N30m In Damages / Court Orders Police To Pay N12m As Damages To Salesboy / Assault: Arogundade, Navy Lose Appeal In Miss Uzoma Okere Assault Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Judge Awards ₦100m Damages To Uzoma Okere by rasputinn(m): 8:54am On Jan 28, 2010
Ziggyduben:

OmO. Where dem dey? Make dem come beat me make I collect my share.

Are you sure
Well,you don't have to look too far,just enter a rickety car and hit any of the streets in Lagos,keep looking at your rearview,soon enough you'll see a convoy,whether military or politician,just refuse to make way for them,for full effect you can stpo suddenly so they bash your car,jump down and rain abuses on them,your prayer will then be answered
Re: Judge Awards ₦100m Damages To Uzoma Okere by calyx: 9:01am On Jan 28, 2010
A good one there. . .serves as a learning point. I just hope the man and not the Navy pays
Re: Judge Awards ₦100m Damages To Uzoma Okere by seyimailer(m): 9:20am On Jan 28, 2010
[color=] even if she doesnt win d cash, at least she won d case[/color][color=][/color][color=][/color]
Re: Judge Awards ₦100m Damages To Uzoma Okere by MrCrackles(m): 9:22am On Jan 28, 2010
Deserved. . .
I hope this can now start a trend of better things for victims of injustice and power drunk madness. . . .
Re: Judge Awards ₦100m Damages To Uzoma Okere by Ellyptical: 9:26am On Jan 28, 2010
General brutalises IG’s in-law at Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja
By Rotimi Akinwumi Correspondent, Abuja

• Victim set to sue Arik Airline

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/jan/8/401.html

A Nigerian resident in the United States, who was beaten by soldiers at the Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport in Abuja on Sunday has concluded arrangement to sue Jacob Olajide, a retired Brigadier General, who ordered his maltreatment.

He also plans to sue Arik Airline for complicity.

Uche Onyeanusi, brother in-law to the Inspector General of Police, Ogbonna Onovo, was beaten into coma by two soldiers on alighting from Arik flight W3161 which he boarded in Lagos.

Onyeanusi told Daily Independent that disagreement broke out between him and Olajide where they queued along with other intending passengers to buy flight tickets at the Arik counter in Lagos.

Onyeanusi said he came to Nigeria to spend the holidays with his relatives and attend to other issues.

He narrated that he incurred the wrath of Olajide when he prevented him from jumping the queue, a challenge which led to an exchange of words between them, during which Olajide threatened to deal with him severely on their arrival in Abuja.

Onyeanusi said Olajide’s aides descended on him and gave him the beating of his life immediately he disembarked from the plane. Other passengers looked on in awe as he was being pummelled.

An eyewitness who was on the flight, Michael Ihemaguba, a medical practitioner also based in the U.S. (and an American citizen like Onyeanusi), said he was surprised that a policeman at the scene prevented him (Ihemaguba) and others from rescuing the victim.

This guy should press his case further! Money waits!
Re: Judge Awards ₦100m Damages To Uzoma Okere by maufunky: 9:28am On Jan 28, 2010
Thank God justice prevailed for Uzoma,many are not so lucky,some have even died in the process of assault from uniformed men.
Hope uniformed people will learn their lesson from this xperience.
Shame to bad people.
Re: Judge Awards ₦100m Damages To Uzoma Okere by oluite(f): 9:35am On Jan 28, 2010
YES! YES !!YES!!! justice is served,many have lost thier lives to military brutality.i hp dis is a new beginning for change.Pple supposed to serve as protective agency turned to '', ''(i dont av d word)but am happy justice was served 4 uzoma okere.
Re: Judge Awards ₦100m Damages To Uzoma Okere by pappilo(m): 9:35am On Jan 28, 2010
Failed state. Why Mopol go tell person where they can and cannot walk past?
Re: Judge Awards ₦100m Damages To Uzoma Okere by Sirdayor(m): 9:40am On Jan 28, 2010
I seem not to be concern about the amount of money the court fine those navy, but my joy is in the fact that things are gradually begining to change in this country. Our uniform men should start learning and stop behaving as if they are above the law, why should you be using the equipment procured with the tax payer's money for the purpose of security to oppress the same tax payer? 'think it's a show of complete madness,
I am almost 100% sure that those naval officers can not win the appeal, the upper court can only reduce the penalty.
Re: Judge Awards ₦100m Damages To Uzoma Okere by FBS: 9:51am On Jan 28, 2010
Good ruling and since the Naval officer is guilty he should also be punished.

But where will they get the money from? Who is going to pay it?
Re: Judge Awards ₦100m Damages To Uzoma Okere by Remen: 9:54am On Jan 28, 2010
If u nigerians believe this then u are insane, no be only 100m naira. Nigerians are so poor and u stand up and say they brought out dat money because of harrasement. If they had said 100000 i wld hve believed. NONSENSE
Re: Judge Awards ₦100m Damages To Uzoma Okere by SwtzMinx(f): 9:57am On Jan 28, 2010
.luCKy w0man. . .mayb 'the godz' were smiling d0wn at her. .or mayb it ws meant to be. .
Re: Judge Awards ₦100m Damages To Uzoma Okere by rethink: 10:01am On Jan 28, 2010
Very Good news.

The Soldier and OIC should have their entitlements halved to pay part of the 100 million.

The Naval military should now have Civillian / military personnel relationship training in their course curricula.
Re: Judge Awards ₦100m Damages To Uzoma Okere by chidichris(m): 10:06am On Jan 28, 2010
Where will the money come from? From the Navy, which implies taxpayers' (you and I) money or from the pocket of Arogundade and his boys? This is trash judgement. Arogundade should go to jail and still pay compensation. Newspaper apology is TRITE.

no matter where the money will come from, the most important thing is the money coming.

@post,
who is even sure that the girl will recieve the money? the girl in question must trade with caution as nigeria no get conscience. at the end of the day, the news will be the girl was murdered in cold blood the govt will set a committee of inquiry. those same actors that featured in the bola ige movie will be used again as the killers.
one thing is to give instruction and the other thing is to carry it out.
for the girl, i wish her luck. i wish someone will beat me up and then settle me with just n50m.
Re: Judge Awards ₦100m Damages To Uzoma Okere by jice(m): 10:15am On Jan 28, 2010
@ Deep Soul

Dem for beat you ans go home freely.

Even if you even carry them to court, the poor souls cannot part with 500k talkless of 100M.

Thank God 4 you dt you respected yourself
Re: Judge Awards ₦100m Damages To Uzoma Okere by jice(m): 10:19am On Jan 28, 2010
@ chidichris

Lazy Child.

You hear say Arogundade got his money through begging to be beaten?

Dem go just beat you for nothing.

No wonder after 30 years you still be Childchris instead of manChris
Re: Judge Awards ₦100m Damages To Uzoma Okere by honeric01(m): 10:19am On Jan 28, 2010
After the appeal, she might not even get up to #2 million naira.
Re: Judge Awards ₦100m Damages To Uzoma Okere by Jibson999(m): 10:23am On Jan 28, 2010
At least maybe she will get half of d money
Re: Judge Awards ₦100m Damages To Uzoma Okere by Genuflect(m): 10:26am On Jan 28, 2010
Show me the money before I believe this shiit
Re: Judge Awards ₦100m Damages To Uzoma Okere by omobaba101(m): 10:27am On Jan 28, 2010
For all of you begging to be beaten, you wish may turn out to be fatal if you are not so lucky to come out of the military battering alive. The judgement is good for the nation, but I won't still wish to be battered. And Ozoma should watch her back, dead body no dey collect fine o!
Re: Judge Awards ₦100m Damages To Uzoma Okere by oluponpin: 10:30am On Jan 28, 2010
i happy for d girl oooooooooooo ;d ;d ;d
Re: Judge Awards ₦100m Damages To Uzoma Okere by nnalue: 10:43am On Jan 28, 2010
i happy for d girl oooooooooooo ;d ;d ;d

But, can they(govt) pay? they no d cosequences of paying that much, nigerians will not allow them drink and drop cup,

Anyway, lets see cha. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Judge Awards ₦100m Damages To Uzoma Okere by just2nice(m): 11:00am On Jan 28, 2010
I am satisfied with the verdict of the court. It is high time these men in military uniform are brought to order for their intimidation and harassment of innocent citizens. The main reason why this suit succeeded against the perpetrators is that there was video evidence of the incident as it was recorded by a by-stander on his camera phone. This was the evidence used in the court and with such strong evidence and the intervention of Gov. Fashola in the matter at that time, the case was certainly going to be in favour of Uzoma.
Here is a video of the brutalization of Uzoma Okere in Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHdkyvn41us
Re: Judge Awards ₦100m Damages To Uzoma Okere by Wrex(m): 11:02am On Jan 28, 2010
ayettymama:

i saw the video, she wasnt really beaten but she was stripped

it was unneccesary but 100million is too much

seems like naija judges think out thier asses
Can you hear yourself?
she wasn't really beaten - that means she was beaten afterall
she was stripped unclothed - that means she was harrassed.
Are nigerians meant to be harassed and beaten up by the police or navy?I wish you were the one that was beaten and stripped unclothed in public,then i will see what you would have said.Rubbish!!!
Re: Judge Awards ₦100m Damages To Uzoma Okere by location(m): 11:08am On Jan 28, 2010
that is incredible and i wont permit that at any cost cool cool cool
Re: Judge Awards ₦100m Damages To Uzoma Okere by An0nimus: 11:09am On Jan 28, 2010
We should keep our eyes open for the 'apology letter'.Anyone that sees it could post a link.Nice development anyway.
Re: Judge Awards ₦100m Damages To Uzoma Okere by An0nimus: 11:10am On Jan 28, 2010
We should keep our eyes open for the 'apology letter'.Anyone that sees it could post a link.Nice development anyway.
Re: Judge Awards ₦100m Damages To Uzoma Okere by sammyavu: 11:23am On Jan 28, 2010
kudos to mrs okere,u don hammer 100m na big cash here in 9ja.
Re: Judge Awards ₦100m Damages To Uzoma Okere by sammyavu: 11:41am On Jan 28, 2010
mrs uzoma okere,all eyes on u now be carefull this period 100m no be small cash.
Re: Judge Awards ₦100m Damages To Uzoma Okere by muhsin(m): 11:44am On Jan 28, 2010
She's darned lucky!
Re: Judge Awards ₦100m Damages To Uzoma Okere by Ajike: 11:46am On Jan 28, 2010
Mekusxyz
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Where will the money come from? From the Navy, which implies taxpayers' (you and I) money or from the pocket of Arogundade and his boys? This is trash judgement. Arogundade should go to jail and still pay compensation. Newspaper apology is TRITE.

Fully supported
Re: Judge Awards ₦100m Damages To Uzoma Okere by Profkenny1(m): 11:47am On Jan 28, 2010
I don't believe the said amount of money will be paid, from where will they get the money from? Naija sha!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bomb Attacks In Maiduguri Injure JTF Members / Fuel Price Hike: NLC, FG Resume Talks Today / Photo: See 115 Million Naira Car Kogi State Governor Is Driving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.