Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,624 members, 7,816,567 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Judge Awards ₦100m Damages To Uzoma Okere - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Judge Awards ₦100m Damages To Uzoma Okere (10337 Views)

Court Orders Gov Lamido, 3 Others To Pay APC Candidate N30m In Damages / Court Orders Police To Pay N12m As Damages To Salesboy / Assault: Arogundade, Navy Lose Appeal In Miss Uzoma Okere Assault Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Judge Awards ₦100m Damages To Uzoma Okere by blaksmith: 3:51pm On Feb 02, 2010
martinosi:

Quote from , ayettymama (f)

no nigerians are not meant to be beaten or harrased

but they are meant to respect the navy

she was being stubborn

short of gettin into a fist fight with officers

the real problem is lack of training

cos down here, minute amt of stubborness regardless of whose fault it is

will result in the person being pinned down like a goat

and painfully cuffed, even mased

and in the states definitely tasered!!

it was a suit, so im guessing the military is payin it

i.e ALL OF YOU MOFO'S!!!!

So true!!!! And the reason why she
was being stubborn was becuase of CONNECTION!!!
ie Parent, Relative etc!!!
If you watch the video online you can see
that she was asking for trouble in a way!!!!
THE ONLY REASON WHY SHE GOT THE PAY OUT
WAS BECAUSE OF WHO HERE PARENTS WERE PERIOD!!! angry

For all of you insinuating that she won the case because her father is influential and she had connections, y'all are definitely on cheap weed. Her father may happen to be a retired Colonel, but I have never heard of him. Fine he presently works in the National Assembly but even till this day, I have not read anything in the news that pertains to him. Frankly he is an average Nigerian man whose daughter was humiliated in public, And what is all this talk about connections, Connections to who or what. By raising such unjustifiable and baseless assumptions you cast aspersions on the entire judicial process. Your insinuations would tend to question the integrity of the Judge because by stating that Uzoma won because of connections you indirectly assume that the Judge was influenced by these 'connections' (which in my opinion are figments of your poorly developed imaginations and thought processes).

It is sad when people can not see beyond their noses. I strongly believe that the many of you saying the judgment would have gone the other way had Uzoma been a poor girl are definitely in some heightened state of mental poverty. Uzoma, in no way looked wealthy or rich. She does not strike me as someone who has been living the good life, and her car, well, definitely would not have crossed the 600k mark in cost. So please tell me where you all saw riches written all over her.

Documentary evidence won the case for Uzoma, the Respondents had the audacity to claim that she snatched the horsewhip and flogged one of the ratings, before proceeding to struggle with another for his rifle, hahahaha, Now tell me whether or not they don't sound like ill-bred liars. Like the Judge said in her judgment, even a Nollywood would not write a script like that.
Re: Judge Awards ₦100m Damages To Uzoma Okere by GeorgeD1(m): 6:37pm On Feb 02, 2010
martinosi:

Go and watch the video of the beating online,
before u respond!!!
ABI MAKE I GO FINE THE LINK POST UMMM 4 U!!!

waiting for the link. meanwhile i can connect you to a naval rating who can do a good beating up job. just get a video man handy for recording the scene and begin to count your millions!  grin
Re: Judge Awards ₦100m Damages To Uzoma Okere by chic2pimp(m): 10:27pm On Feb 03, 2010
YOU LOT CAN GET BACK TO ME WHEN SHE IS GIVEN ONE TENTH OF THAT MONEY.
Re: Judge Awards ₦100m Damages To Uzoma Okere by emymama(m): 2:41pm On Feb 04, 2010
WOW I THINK THIS IS MADNESS OF THE JUDGE. WHERE WILL SUCH MONEY COME FROM, THE RATINGS WHO DO NOT EARN UP TO 50K EVERY MONTH? OR THE ADMIRAL?

THE JUDGE COULD HAVE CONSIDERED THE ISSUE OF THE GUYS RENDERING APOLOGY TO THE WOMAN BECAUSE THE NAVY IS ONE OF THE THREE ARMS OF THE NATION'S DEFENCE AND SHOULD BE GIVEN THAT PREFERENCE. TOO, THIS WILL KINDLE SOME OF OUR NIGERIAN LADIES TO DEVELOP STIFF KNECHEDNESS TO THE MILITARY.

DO YOU THINK THE MILITARY IS GOING TO FOLD THEIR ARMS AND WATCH THIS HAPPEN? ABSOLUTELY NO. THE OCCURRENCE OF ANY FRACAS LIKE THAT MAY LEAD TO SHOOTING THE VICTIM TO DEATH. HE WHO GOES TO COURT IS ONLY HE WHO IS ALIVE. MRS OKERE, I WANT YOU TO SEE THE NAVY AS YOUR COUNTRY'S DEFENCE AND AT LEAST GIVE THEM THAT RESPECT. angry
Re: Judge Awards ₦100m Damages To Uzoma Okere by blaksmith: 3:34pm On Feb 04, 2010
emmymama,
Wot point exactly are you trying to make. Miss Okere should respect the Navy, the Navy should respect civilians likewise. The ratings showed utter lack of respect for the person of a woman. And yet Miss Okere should respect the Navy for humiliating her. There is something called vicarious liability in law, which simply means that an employer is liable for the actions of the employee committed in the course of employment. That is why the Navy is ultimately liable for the 100m. It is obvious you miss the whole point and the mere fact that you suggest civilians be shot by military officials in a fracas raises the suspicion that you are probably one of the rotten eggs in the Nigerian military who are not worthy of being a uniformed personel.

shooting to death, i laugh at your extreme ignorance. and who says the family of the 'dead' victim do not have a right to sue. It is sad that you have decided to publicize your limited thought process. You should not be quick to make comments where you can not comprehend the full gravity of the situation. I give you the benefit of the doubt. Ponder on your comment and redeem yourself by constructing commentary that have a foundation.

Preference because it is the navy. the more i read your comment the sicker I get in my stomach. You should bury your head in shame.
very sad indeed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

In Kano, Speaker Tambuwal Requests Amnesty For Boko Haram! / Governor Simon Lalong Holds Peace Meeting With Leaders Of Communities In Jos. / FG Fails To Release Looters’ List, Seven Months After

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.