Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,303 members, 7,819,026 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number (33689 Views)

See How This Katsina Man Charges His Phone Due To Power Outage. Photos / White Man Who Gave His Phone To A Black Looking At His Phone, Goes Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 28, 2017
A
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by princeade86(m): 3:36pm On Jun 28, 2017
post his pix nairaland. mumu thief.
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by originalKsp(m): 3:37pm On Jun 28, 2017
Sir gabazin080 , the bank and police wiol be of help..but what if he is also a nairanlder reading this tread?
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by bigass123(m): 3:38pm On Jun 28, 2017
Contact SARS, OPERATION BURST OR THE SSS.. Within days he'll releasing hit tracks like Evans.

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by slimmoney(m): 3:39pm On Jun 28, 2017
e don red 4 d thief
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 28, 2017
gabazin080:
hello nairalanders. i believe i can get the help needed here.

yesterday someone stole my wife's phone and keeps using the line but refused to pick any call but he is always active on her facebook and whatsapp. so i stopped calling and msg him that he should lets talk and negotiate how much to pay to retrieve the phone.

luckily for me he picked my call and demanded 30k but i priced it to 15 k and asked for his account details which he sent to me with his phone number.

though i have his account details but the problem now is how to track him cus i dont want to pay 15k and still not get the phone. someone should help me pls
How sure are you that you have not just publicised your strategy to the phone thief?
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by rhektor(m): 3:39pm On Jun 28, 2017
lekjons:
I have a feeling that you are going to catch him, all thanks to him being an illiterate(by still using the SIM)

go to your wife's network provider office, explain to them, call him from there, if he picks up, they will be able to track his location (I also heard an app 'truecaller' can do that also)

tracking his location is one thing, catching him is another.

you'll still need the police to catch him, unless you're some kind of bouncer..

True caller don't track location

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by nuelnik(m): 3:40pm On Jun 28, 2017
You're few steps away from catching the culprit
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by rinzaugustine: 3:41pm On Jun 28, 2017
follow the bank's instructions on that cos they will put a red bar alert on the account which will make it difficult for him to withdraw the amount you paid from ATM.This will force him to go into the banking hall to withdraw physically and the bank security will catch him immediately he does that

21 Likes

Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by ajalawole(m): 3:41pm On Jun 28, 2017
lekjons:
so you even have his picture..

post it here then contact lalasticlala, let's disgrace him..
chai.......... U bad gan ooo cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by Bobody(m): 3:42pm On Jun 28, 2017
Tell me whenever you find him.
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by doskie(m): 3:43pm On Jun 28, 2017
write2obi:
Report to the bank and the police, then go ahead and make the payment he'll be arrested when ever he goes to get the money.
what if he uses atm.
to me... the bank should flash his account and block it till he enters to complain that he has money but he cant withdraw, then they will direct him to their head office with a coded letter that says "arrest me"

9 Likes

Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by smartn09(m): 3:44pm On Jun 28, 2017
gabazin080:
do u think the police can help with dis
yes, they can, but you may spend money bc they will get Court order that will compel the bank/network providers to divulge his details without hesitation. They has helped me in the past. Try them out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 28, 2017
gabazin080:

yesterday someone stole my wife's phone and keeps using the line but refused to pick any call but he is always active on her facebook and whatsapp. so i stopped calling and msg him that he should lets talk and negotiate how much to pay to retrieve the phone.

luckily for me he picked my call and demanded 30k but i priced it to 15 k and asked for his account details which he sent to me with his phone number.

though i have his account details but the problem now is how to track him cus i dont want to pay 15k and still not get the phone. someone should help me pls

I can help you with that
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 28, 2017
MadManTalking:
Trust me, this thief will clinch the number one spot on the 'World's Dumbest Outlaws' on Sony Max.
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by Agbalanze(m): 3:46pm On Jun 28, 2017
Report to the police...
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by tafat: 3:46pm On Jun 28, 2017
gabazin080:

I pray his stupidity catches up with him
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by SensualMan: 3:46pm On Jun 28, 2017
IF U CAN'T POST HIS PIC THEN I THINK U SHOULD JUST LET GO.
I GOTTA FEELING AFTER PAYMENT NICCUR AIN'T GON RELEASE DA PHONE.
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by Springsdy456958(m): 3:47pm On Jun 28, 2017
gabazin080:
i have gone to the bank now and the pix on his whatsapp is the same with his bank account. so have submitted a formal letter and the bank has told me to go ahead with the payment. i dont want to pay how the bank can help catch him cus he might be a nairalander.

have also reported to the police and played the audio of our phone conversation. even my 2 army brothers are now involved.

the phone thief is an illiterate
I pray you get him arrested or he gets caught now that d news have made front page on NL.
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by Fhowe: 3:51pm On Jun 28, 2017
was the phone stolen or misplaced ,op stop taking this thing too far pay the 15k and get the phone if you try to play over sharp you might lose out at the end of the day a thief cant be that dumb am sure he found the phone and wants you to give him something before he releases it
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by ivolt: 3:55pm On Jun 28, 2017
Fhowe:
was the phone stolen or misplaced ,op stop taking this thing too far pay the 15k and get the phone if you try to play over sharp you might lose out at the end of the day a thief cant be that dumb am sure he found the phone and wants you to give him something before he releases it

Stop excusing criminality.
He is a thief, phones don't grow from the ground, somebody owns it.
He should either keep his loot or return it amicably.

13 Likes

Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by KKKWHITE(m): 3:55pm On Jun 28, 2017
post the phone number here and let me track it that's part of my job

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by udemzyudex(m): 3:56pm On Jun 28, 2017
gabazin080:
i have gone to the bank now and the pix on his whatsapp is the same with his bank account. so have submitted a formal letter and the bank has told me to go ahead with the payment. i dont want to pay how the bank can help catch him cus he might be a nairalander.

have also reported to the police and played the audio of our phone conversation. even my 2 army brothers are now involved.

Some people will just carry someone property and act like it's their own..

When you catch him, make sure he is taken to guard room.
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by Exponental(m): 3:56pm On Jun 28, 2017
chukspd:
report to the police
his account number can provide his details
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by vikt: 3:57pm On Jun 28, 2017
Go to the state CID security, they track any phone or electronic gadgets even when it is off. Just give them the phone IMEI number, and the details of the person who stole the phone but they will charge you some certain amount of money. Don't go to police, go to state CID ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by KingsleyTMTTM(m): 3:58pm On Jun 28, 2017
which phone?
if android you can track it through "Android device locator"
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by majamajic(m): 3:59pm On Jun 28, 2017
Fhowe:

What if he pay and not receive the phone?
Let him take the normal steps, he will get the phone.
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by TechPanda(m): 4:00pm On Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere In Nigeria A Phone Thief Is Bursting A Girls Head With The 15k ramsom he thinks he'd be getting.

grin I Laugh In Ijaw.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by Catastrophe: 4:00pm On Jun 28, 2017
Drop your number I can help you
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by nextstep(m): 4:04pm On Jun 28, 2017
gabazin080:

You have the bank, and his account? Relate your story to the bank and find out which branch he frequents. It would be the one closest to where he lives. Download any pictures he posts on facebook or whatsapp and use tools to locate where the pictures were taken, which could help resolve where he resides. http://www.geoimgr.com/ for instance. If you can get him arrested in the bank, kudos.

It might just be easier to get him to meet you in a fast food place to exchange cash for phone, and invite one or two police officers to stay outside. Of course you'll have to part with some cash for them to cooperate, but I would happily pay 5k to each officer to see this guy get arrested.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by nextstep(m): 4:06pm On Jun 28, 2017
gabazin080:

Ah.. better... the rest na matter then. Organize to meet him in a fast food joint, and get your people to stay outside or come inside as he's handing over the phone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

6 Ways To Detect A Fake Phone / Tested Cheats: How To Generate Mtn Recharge Card Pins & Start Loading For Life / Smartphones You Must Not Buy In 2017.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.