Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,021 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number (33688 Views)

See How This Katsina Man Charges His Phone Due To Power Outage. Photos / White Man Who Gave His Phone To A Black Looking At His Phone, Goes Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by Crazytrump(m): 5:03pm On Jun 28, 2017
Even if they alert him or not, he is Gonna be caught....you already have details of him...
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by bejeria101(m): 5:03pm On Jun 28, 2017
gabazin080:
i have gone to the bank now and the pix on his whatsapp is the same with his bank account. so have submitted a formal letter and the bank has told me to go ahead with the payment. i dont want to pay how the bank can help catch him cus he might be a nairalander.

have also reported to the police and played the audio of our phone conversation. even my 2 army brothers are now involved.

the phone thief is an illiterate

You are bothered that he is a nairalander? Smh
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by creepsyme(f): 5:11pm On Jun 28, 2017
gabazin080:
hello nairalanders. i believe i can get the help needed here.

yesterday someone stole my wife's phone and keeps using the line but refused to pick any call but he is always active on her facebook and whatsapp. so i stopped calling and msg him that he should lets talk and negotiate how much to pay to retrieve the phone.

luckily for me he picked my call and demanded 30k but i priced it to 15 k and asked for his account details which he sent to me with his phone number.

though i have his account details but the problem now is how to track him cus i dont want to pay 15k and still not get the phone. someone should help me pls
Go to the bank tell dem everything they will assist u to track him wen he is abt to withdraw the cash.
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by KAYD007(m): 5:13pm On Jun 28, 2017
hope your wife does not have picture of your..di.ck and hers you both sent to each other oo. lipsrsealed

hope you recover your phone back.

how does it feels to steal someone phone self? an adult for that matter...
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by Coolgent(m): 5:15pm On Jun 28, 2017
gabazin080:

yesterday someone stole my wife's phone and keeps using the line but refused to pick any call but he is always active on her facebook and whatsapp. so i stopped calling and msg him that he should lets talk and negotiate how much to pay to retrieve the phone.

luckily for me he picked my call and demanded 30k but i priced it to 15 k and asked for his account details which he sent to me with his phone number.

though i have his account details but the problem now is how to track him cus i dont want to pay 15k and still not get the phone. someone should help me pls
Do u have a gmail account in that phone and it password?
If yes contact me asap
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by KAYD007(m): 5:18pm On Jun 28, 2017
Coolgent:

Do u have a gmail account in that phone and it password?
If yes contact me asap

if the phone has been flashed?

what then?
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by gucci20(m): 5:24pm On Jun 28, 2017
We just caught @ Ondo state here abt two weeks ago tru d help of SARS. If u still av d carton of dt phone wit u or check 4 d IMEI code on d receipt of dt phone. Den u can get him red handed. Cos SARS will track him even if he off d phone. Bt, dey will collect like 35k n u are going 2 get ur money back even in twelve folds, coz dey shakara him 2 produce d phone n compensate u.
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by jomoh: 5:25pm On Jun 28, 2017
gabazin080:
i have gone to the bank now and the pix on his whatsapp is the same with his bank account. so have submitted a formal letter and the bank has told me to go ahead with the payment. i dont want to pay how the bank can help catch him cus he might be a nairalander.

have also reported to the police and played the audio of our phone conversation. even my 2 army brothers are now involved.

Go with the police to the bank and pay the money. The bank will arrest him for you anytime he comes to withdraw cause they won't allow him use ATM and other mobile banking services until he comes to the bank.
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by gucci20(m): 5:28pm On Jun 28, 2017
bejeria101:

You are bothered that he is a nairalander? Smh
take ur matter 2 SARS man, dey will even be happy 2 do it coz dey knw na soup be dt...u knw naija police now.
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by Prudent200: 5:29pm On Jun 28, 2017
gabazin080:

how did the bank give u his pictures they cant give u like that na
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by Prudent200: 5:42pm On Jun 28, 2017
smartn09:
yes, they can, but you may spend money bc they will get Court order that will compel the bank/network providers to divulge his details without hesitation. They has helped me in the past. Try them out.
how much will it cost?
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by greggng: 5:43pm On Jun 28, 2017
gabazin080:

I can help u but iis gonna involve SARS. Currently we ve just got an agent who ran away with my friends money. He paiid him to clear a car but he ran away with car document and money. My friend had to ask for another car document from Germany before he was able to clear the car already on dumorage. The incident took place 3 years ago but today the young man is cooling off in cell. He has paid some with an agreement to complete shortly . It will no doubt cost you some money from. They ve to do some admin work upto obtaining court order to monitor that account with a view to catching him or her red handed.
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by datigbogirl: 5:44pm On Jun 28, 2017
gabazin080:

If na me be d thief I go just return d phone jejely with interest...we need more of this kinda thieves in d society...
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by stuffs4me(m): 5:44pm On Jun 28, 2017
gabazin080:
do u think the police can help with dis

modified: for those asking of his account details:

ph num : 09076234223

dairo prince adeyinka 0234574355 . pix later. have found out his address

Make sure you report to the Police so that your case can be legal.
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by Prudent200: 5:45pm On Jun 28, 2017
KKKWHITE:
post the phone number here and let me track it that's part of my job
bro please I wan learn oooh u go teach me abeg

1 Like

Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by Coolgent(m): 5:46pm On Jun 28, 2017
KAYD007:

if the phone has been flashed?

what then?
Then there is nothing i can do.
But thief is using her whatsapp and facebokk which means he hasnt flash the phone yet
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by datigbogirl: 5:48pm On Jun 28, 2017
gucci20:
We just caught @ Ondo state here abt two weeks ago tru d help of SARS. If u still av d carton of dt phone wit u or check 4 d IMEI code on d receipt of dt phone. Den u can get him red handed. Cos SARS will track him even if he off d phone. Bt, dey will collect like 35k n u are going 2 get ur money back even in twelve folds, coz dey shakara him 2 produce d phone n compensate u.

You mean IMEI can track the whereabouts of a phone...I had my ipad Air2 stolen last year and my lappy inclusive with my home theatre...I dunno if IMEI applies to ipad air 2 also....
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by holuphisayor(m): 5:50pm On Jun 28, 2017
chrisj2:

I am sure that the police will want something from him... If the phone is very expensive then it might be worth all the hassle, otherwise, shame the fellow and not pay him.

I have ongoing issue myself; someone used my online bank facility to buy 'MTN on demand top up'. I got one alert and was thinking, what is going on here; less than 12 hrs later, the person transacted another top up.

Bank says they will investigate and MTN says it has nothing to do with them, that I shd deal with the bank. But all SIMs are registered and this person can easily be found or made to face some justice. But this is Nja - I have no trust in our systems.

If true. go to ur bank and change the phone number
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by clemmonce(m): 5:50pm On Jun 28, 2017
jieta:
instead of you paying fifteen thousand to that thief why not add five to ten thousand and buy a new phone for your wife.
I wonder how some silly statements get likes here. Is it about the phone? most time it is more than just the phone....
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by infofta(m): 5:53pm On Jun 28, 2017
Was the phone stolen or misplaced. Ask your wife. Just curious
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by nelcliff(m): 5:58pm On Jun 28, 2017
gabazin080:

Guy I swear pay the cash he will be got at the point of withdraw irrespective of his location and the ATM he may likely use..

But guy u go pay oooo.. U dey hear dat verse...
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by nelcliff(m): 6:00pm On Jun 28, 2017
datigbogirl:

You mean IMEI can track the whereabouts of a phone...I had my ipad Air2 stolen last year and my lappy inclusive with my home theatre...I dunno if IMEI applies to ipad air 2 also....

Why dem nor steal ur mattress join or the full building... Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by chrisj2(m): 6:02pm On Jun 28, 2017
holuphisayor:

If true. go to ur bank and change the phone number

My local bank knows about it and the Customer service of the bank also know but they say they are investigating. Investigating what? The person's phone number came up on my alert and I do not use MTN. I do not have a bank card and I have only had the online account for a few days before the person used my account to buy top up - I was actually in flight when the first fraud occured...

I think the MTN top up system might be too lax or the interchange between the banks and mobile networks for remote top up might be too easy to encourage fraud.

I might post the person's number if I do not get a response in due course. I wanted MTN to investigate and cancel his SIM number as they should know the registered owner of mobile number and they can see his top up history - I sent them one of the alerts.
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by datigbogirl: 6:03pm On Jun 28, 2017
nelcliff:

Why dem nor steal ur mattress join or the full building... Lol

My brother no be small tin...dem wan clean me....but God pass them mm. ...decided to use only cheap tins now...no more expensive tins ppl can steal...infact I don't have more than 30k in my account anytime I waka...no Internet banking nothing! I do all my business in d bank!
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by nelcliff(m): 6:07pm On Jun 28, 2017
datigbogirl:

My brother no be small tin...dem wan clean me....but God pass them mm. ...decided to use only cheap tins now...no more expensive tins ppl can steal...infact I don't have more than 30k in my account anytime I waka...no Internet banking nothing! I do all my business in d bank!
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Na wetin dey wan turn us to be dat ooo.
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jun 28, 2017
lekjons:
I have a feeling that you are going to catch him, all thanks to him being an illiterate(by still using the SIM)

go to your wife's network provider office, explain to them, call him from there, if he picks up, they will be able to track his location (I also heard an app 'truecaller' can do that also)

tracking his location is one thing, catching him is another.

you'll still need the police to catch him, unless you're some kind of bouncer..

A Telecom network can track a number without the signature of a judge.
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jun 28, 2017
Pay the money so that he can calm down and then u swoop in with the police n arrest him..... don't do anything on ur own or else u will become the thief n kidnapper and he will become the victim.
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by nani667: 6:15pm On Jun 28, 2017
why not Just get a new Device ? Ultimately it may most likely cost you quite some amount of money to Catch the Thief... based on the processes being mentioned here... so Unless it's a 200K+ phone just consider letting the matter go and arrange a new Device for your mum
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by mercyland93(m): 6:20pm On Jun 28, 2017
otimothy:
Input the account number on the mobile banking application, it would produce his full name, take the full name and check facebook as the first step to track his address, if you are lucky something should pop up.
I like this method,it is fast nd at least u would av his picture.
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by Sterope(f): 6:21pm On Jun 28, 2017
I don't think MTN can do anything without a court order or the police getting involved.

chrisj2:

My local bank knows about it and the Customer service of the bank also know but they say they are investigating. Investigating what? The person's phone number came up on my alert and I do not use MTN. I do not have a bank card and I have only had the online account for a few days before the person used my account to buy top up - I was actually in flight when the first fraud occured...

I think the MTN top up system might be too lax or the interchange between the banks and mobile networks for remote top up might be too easy to encourage fraud.

I might post the person's number if I do not get a response in due course. I wanted MTN to investigate and cancel his SIM number as they should know the registered owner of mobile number and they can see his top up history - I sent them one of the alerts.
Re: How Can I Track A Phone Thief. I Have His Phone Number And Account Number by gabazin080(m): 6:24pm On Jun 28, 2017
Catastrophe:
Drop your number I can help you
. wish to hear from u soon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

6 Ways To Detect A Fake Phone / Tested Cheats: How To Generate Mtn Recharge Card Pins & Start Loading For Life / Smartphones You Must Not Buy In 2017.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.