Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,230 members, 7,829,401 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi (38255 Views)

Governor Umahi Decongesting Traffic Jam Along Enugu/Abakaliki Boundary (Photos) / Is This Why Governor Umahi Has Been Crying Over New Minimum Wage? / "Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by Nobody: 9:00am On Jun 29, 2017
Iamsammy:
hey bro, did u just mentioned kwara? Did u check d internally generated revenue of kwara for 2016?
you guys have short sight..I am talking of the long term.After all this same Ebonyi generated 11billion naira in 2015 when things where better and what happened to them in 2016

so u don't know how much kwara will generate this year

you get my point??
Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by oladeebo: 9:00am On Jun 29, 2017
olujastro:
Everyone is just talking Restructuring these days. No one is hitting the right notes. Too many public commentators who don't understand the Nigerian situation.
You have 36 governors, most of them are more interested in looting their treasury than in developing their states. You need evidence? The simple fact that a small but rich Bayelsa getting oil revenue can't pay its workers' salaries.
So according to the empty restructuring noisemakers, we "restructure the country" so that a Bayelsa can have all the oil money and increase its looting spree by 1000% while other less viable states (created to appease those who were seeking to become the new state power brokers at the time) will have nothing to even pay only its teachers for years to come, let alone build roads, schools and hospitals.
This is the restructuring I expect smart people to be talking about right now. Decentralisation of the resources as well as the responsibilities. FG takes home 52% of FAAC monies while states and LGAs get about 22% & 26% respectively. Adjust the sharing formula in favour of the states. This in turn will mean more responsibilities for them. Nothing like federal roads henceforth, all major projects in a state will be handled by the state government instead of waiting for Abuja to approve work on a road that is killing your people daily.
The bad side is, if you have a chief looter as your governor, $1tr a month will disappear into thin air the story remains the same.
The bottom line is, if your governor is doing nothing with little; he'll definitely do almost nothing with more money.
The public office holders are largely the problems, not the system.
very good of you!
let me tell you the secessionists and the restructurers were the same children of the same father, it's all lie, they were the irrelevant politicians who can't even earn the trusts of their home town people, talkless of Nigeria nation were behind all these noise since they've rejected by the nation they were frustrated and vow to take revenge and kill Nigeria!
Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by BabaRamota1980: 9:00am On Jun 29, 2017
Collapse Ebonyi back into the state it was created from.

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by Elfaris(m): 9:01am On Jun 29, 2017
ScotsReferendum:

You are not smart just like the governor

Give me 8years and watch Ebonyi achieve greatness
hmm Mr smartness. I hail thee. LWKMD
Na by Mouth na.. before them enter there they promised more than you. They we're going to make heaven on earth. but what is their tune today? SMH

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by Sanchez01: 9:01am On Jun 29, 2017
ScotsReferendum:

See your words below

" .......The transformation and growth of a state largely depends on the number of foreign investors attracted to the state....." Sanchez

Let me ask you one question

Do you think Japan became a great nation by depending on foreign investors.?

Do you think Germany was rebuilt by depending on foreign investors.?

When you give your people quality technological education and create a platform for local people to invest into their innovations and inventions, industrial wealth will be created.

I repeat

You and the governor have similar brain, mind and reasoning.
I stared at your post for about thirty seconds as I couldn't believe someone would be so dull to bring Japan into the discourse. Japan is a country driven by technology. Besides that, it is a country with a staggering literacy rate of 99% as published by Knoema. Compare this to the South East whereby most males struggle to round off there secondary school education before boarding the next Peace Mass Transit bus to Lagos in search of a greener pasture.

Other than Dangote and Eleganza, no Nigerian manufacturing country has managed to think outside the box.

Please indulge me, mention one state in the South East wherein Technology Education is taught. Compare and contrast the literacy rate of Japan to the entire South East then consciously bring up the the total IGR of the South East and see how stùpid you sound. My dear, it is not by blowing hot.

11 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by DONGOYARO1: 9:01am On Jun 29, 2017
shekauvsbuhari:
what economic and political plan does nnamdi kanu have for biafra? Na to just talk give me biafra? It not mere establishing a radio station mind you.
Shout afonja 10x. Zoo must fall 10x. Awusa parasite 10x. Biafra or death 10x. Buhari is a peadophile 10x

Watch how the economy of biafra will grow just like that

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by Teedamaniac: 9:02am On Jun 29, 2017
Blue3k:

We can't let bias blind us from facts. His state isn't viable alot of people pretend that that these IGR figures are fudged. I got into a few arguements over the data. I still think the move towards restructuring is necessary for the good of nation. We can't have these useless states littered around that can't fund themselves.
normally I don't do this, but Ogun state generates more revenue than Rivers State, Delta state and Akwa ibom state respectively? And then you say Nigeria is an Oil dependent economy, this figures are cajoled up just like censors figures for Bleep sake, how can you believe this poo?
Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by ScotsReferendum: 9:02am On Jun 29, 2017
shekauvsbuhari:
what economic and political plan does nnamdi kanu have for biafra? Na to just talk give me biafra? It not mere establishing a radio station mind you.

Technological education that creates industrial wealth

That is Kanu's plan
Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by DPsalmist2(m): 9:02am On Jun 29, 2017
deedeedee1:
Apple is valued at 810 billion dollars.
Google at 660 billion.
Microsoft at 545 billion.
Amazon at 480 billion.
Facebook at 440 billion.
The five of them have close to 600 thousand employees.
These are the largest companies on planet earth; and they are all tech companies....they made their money from innovation...thinking out of the box. Funny enough, they are all bigger than nigera; the so called giant of africa.
That governor should be impeached.
Brilliant post. There is a reason why we are still a 3rd world country. We have 3rd world leaders. Apple is even richer than 45 out of 50 states in US.

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by Timbuktuo: 9:03am On Jun 29, 2017
ScotsReferendum:

You are as dull as the governor

Give me Ebonyi and watch her become the Berlin of Africa in 8years

Nigeria is full of brain dead people like the governor

Ediot, at your age you haven't won even a common Ward Councillorship and you want to turn a state to Berlin.

What have you achieved in your miserable life that you are barking about like a rabid dog?

Bring your CV make we see. Nigeria is full of brain dead people, yet you are alive with your alive brain and your state is comatose. You think this is your village meeting where you can just come and be claiming that your father owns National Stadium?

Olodo, go and sit down in the sand.

5 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by DPsalmist2(m): 9:04am On Jun 29, 2017
ScotsReferendum:

Technological education that creates industrial wealth

That is Kanu's plan
Kanu has said he doesn't want to rule Biafra. Regardless of whether Biafra is actualized or not, Kanu will still primarily live in the UK. Lets be real.
Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by DONGOYARO1: 9:04am On Jun 29, 2017
Sanchez01:

I stared at your post for about thirty seconds as I couldn't believe someone would be so dull to bring Japan into the discourse. Japan is a country driven by technology. Besides that, it is a country with a staggering literacy rate of 99% as published by Knoema. Compare this to the South East whereby most males struggle to round off there secondary school education before boarding the next Peace Mass Transit bus to Lagos in search of a greener pasture.

Other than Dangote and Eleganza, no Nigerian manufacturing country has managed to think outside the box.

Please indulge me, mention one state in the South East wherein Technology Education is taught. Compare and contrast the literacy rate of Japan to the entire South East then consciously bring up the the total IGR of the South East and see how stùpid you sound. My dear, it is not by blowing hot.
You are wasting your time with that ipod dunce. Just shout afonja, awusa parasite, Zoo must fall and watch how the economy of biafra will develop rapidly

4 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by ScotsReferendum: 9:05am On Jun 29, 2017
Sanchez01:

You are talking to one who knows how to erect Technological Education in 8years.

It is just making up one's mind not to steal money but channel it into providing technological education
Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by ephi123(f): 9:07am On Jun 29, 2017
DPsalmist2:

Brilliant post. There is a reason why we are still a 3rd world country. We have 3rd world leaders. Apple is even richer than 45 out of 50 states in US.

3rd world leaders still living in the pre-historic age.

By the time you elect an almost 80-year old man, how on earth will Nigeria be technologically advanced or competitive on a global scale?

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by Nobody: 9:07am On Jun 29, 2017
Me , I am not in support of restructuring....but not because it is a bad idea...or a wrong idea. (I also don't like secession, but one of the reasons why I gave up on the 2014 conference was because they said secession is off the agenda. )

Infact, the governor of Ebonyi state has given good reasons why Nigeria cannot restructure.....overdependence on Abuja and by extension Niger Delta Oil for their daily needs...plus a poor IGR base.

(Mind you...that shows that Ebonyi governors are not doing well at all for their state.If Fashola could increase Lagos' IGR massively in his time in office as Lagos state governor...why can't Ebonyi...or Osun for that matter. Governors are Nigeria's problem).

But the main reason why I don't back this restructuring thing is

1.People who talk of restructuring promptly start talking of returning to regions.....the idea being that the region would benefit from the resources it produces. That is going to lead to Niger Delta being used to benefit the old Eastern region....and that runs counter to the current resource control agitation.(You see why many Minorites are avoiding Biafra...even though it might techincally benefit them better than Nigeria...because no Biafran agitaitonist has clearly explained how they will handle the resource control issue in Biafra. You can abuse me now...but it is the truth. No Biafra...until Kanu and IPOB address that question).

2.You think that if we return to regions....every region will suddenly develop its resources like that? It took decades for the North to become a groundnut and cotton producing region. By the time of Independence...the SOuth West and South East thad taken 80 years to become the major producers of cocoa and palm oil they were. What I am saying is...restructuring basically amounts to one part of the country telling others to go and starve for the next several decades...while they enjoy oil money (I am from the SOuth South by the way). That is the real reason why the Hausas are not backing restructuring...because they know that it would leave them seriously broke.....and that in turn could create crisis that would affect the rest of the country.

That is why you cannot have restructuring without sorting out the resources quesiton...the way new states back in the day used to sort out the dividing up of assets. To not do that is sucidal and unrealistic.

3.And anyway....Nigeria's economic system is seriously faulty.

You know...the reason, why we do not have light and water 24/7, is because it does not impact seriously on our ability to make money for the treasury. Developed countries have light and water in abundance because if they don't .....their ability to make money for their treasury would be impacted.

This one in Nigeria where we sell groundnut, oil, cocoa, cassava, palm oil, yams, etc...and share the money...when we should be using what we have to make manufactured goods that COULD potentially earn us MUCH MORE MONEY...and even be MUCH MORE BENEFICIAL to our politicians and elites. But most Nigerians are short sighted....they see money as something to be shared...not something to be made, and dobuled. And until we become self sufficent, and less resource dependent...restructuring, even peaceful secession...would be impossible. Yes...Czechoslovakia split peacefully.....because both parts were already dependent on manufacturing, and innovation.Nigeria were we are dependent on sharing money...what is going to happen to the North when it is cut off from Niger Delta oil? How about Igboland? South West too would suffer. North Central too as well.

My issue with Nigerians is....better focus on making the current structure better. Vote wisely, harass your leaders, deal with the corrupt, and make sure your people do what you voted them for. Restructuring , as it is now....won't save you.
Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by abdulwastecx(m): 9:08am On Jun 29, 2017
Enuguboy4nsk:

you guys have short sight..I am talking of the long term.After all this same Ebonyi generated 11billion naira in 2015 when things where better and what happened to them in 2016

so u don't know how much kwara will generate this year

you get my point??

Kwara state is much larger, with more arable land, bigger economy than Ebonyi state, it is not rocket science that kwara will continue to do better than Ebonyi state

2 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by ScotsReferendum: 9:08am On Jun 29, 2017
DPsalmist2:

Kanu has said he doesn't want to rule Biafra. Regardless of whether Biafra is actualized or not, Kanu will still primarily live in the UK. Lets be real.

Must he rule to influence the creation of Technological educational centers.

I did not say he must rule but he insisted on technological education
Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by Nweze1986: 9:08am On Jun 29, 2017
Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by ScotsReferendum: 9:09am On Jun 29, 2017
Timbuktuo:

Ediot, at your age out haven't won even a common Ward Councillorship and you want to turn a state to Berlin.

What have you achieved in your miserable life that you are barking about like a rabid dog?

Bring your CV make we see. Nigeria is full of brain dead people, yet you are alive with your alive brain and your state is comatose. You think this is your village meeting where you can just come and be claiming that your father owns National Stadium?

Olodo, gi and sit down in the sand.

I know you are as dull as the governor

Don't worry I will share my wisdom with you in order to upgrade yours
Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by wristbangle: 9:09am On Jun 29, 2017
ephi123:

That resource definitely needs to dry up for us to make progress in this country, since unfortunately we have never had leaders with any common sense in this country. See the state of poverty in the country despite the wealth in it. Is that normal?

The interesting thing is even if it doesn't dry up, it will soon be made redundant in the near future. A lot of countries are already putting in place long term strategic plans for electric vehicles, LPG cars, LNG trucks etc.

God bless you sweet. With the technological advancement in the world currently, one would be elated to see even water as source of fuel been used by some machinery. Oil is becoming obsolete and if you click on www.oilprice.com website, you will know any country still having hope that oil will climax just like 5years ago when it peaked at $140 per barrel is on a destructive mode.

We have everything it takes for survival, satisfaction and boom with all sort of natural resources from agricultural arm to solid mineral arms yet our eyes is majorly on oil oil.

Even the oil sef, look at oil producing states performing terribly to pay staff, construct infrastructures, etc.

Make the thing dry up abeg! Where are the days of groundnut pyramid, cocoa production, leather production, oil palm, cotton, rubber (michellin, dunelop), etc.

Back to post, the governor of Ebonyi ought not to have made such statement. Ebonyi has arable land for rich production. The population and market is there, what is he waiting for? All the governors waiting for FG allocation sef deserve to be publicly disgrace.

Though some governors are still trying (Lagos, Ogun, Anambra, Kebbi, Gombe, Edo, Borno and others)

4 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by reptile1: 9:10am On Jun 29, 2017
Sanchez01:

Thought as much. So you'd expect me to wield a magic wand and expect that development happens out of the blue?

The transformation and growth of a state largely depends on the number of foreign investors attracted to the state and not in commissioning bridges and flyovers! What is wrong with you people? What measures are on ground to assure investors that there would be a short term ROIs?

I hear this Africa leaders, science and technology bullshit from you guys yet we struggle as a country to produce pencils! Pencils!!! Our toothpicks are still being imported and last I checked, there is no single toothpick producing company in the South East and you are day dreaming science and technology and harnessing the power of the cosmos.

The entire South East contribution is only 6%, beating the NE by just 2%. Where would the bulk of the state's government come from in a state as Enugu where civil servants constitute almost 85%? How then do you transform Ebonyi in eight years without accruing debts while maintaining the balance?

I used to think I suck at Economics but the bulk of you on here are just crass dull.

^^^^ Truly u suck @ economics no doubt. if I may ask, which foreign investor invested in Japan after world war 2? which foreign investor invested in South Korea after the Korean war? which foreign investor invested in Germany after world war 1 and 2? now its apparently obvious to any discernible mind u ain't different from the said governor and other blacks of ur kind, that u all think in one direction. keep waiting for investors before developing ur own technology and create needed wealth.

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 29, 2017
abdulwastecx:

Kwara state is much larger, with more arable land, bigger economy than Ebonyi state, it is not rocket science that kwara will continue to do better than Ebonyi state
what was kwara's igr in 2015??
Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by Timbuktuo: 9:11am On Jun 29, 2017
ScotsReferendum:

I know you are as dull as the governor

Don't worry I will share my wisdom to you in order to upgrade yours

Ediot, Umahi needs it more.

Carry your wisdom to Abakaliki and let your kinsmen benefit from it. Monkey, you never hear say charity begins at home? I'm fine where I am.

Berlin buffoon. grin
Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 29, 2017
Blue3k:

We can't let bias blind us from facts. His state isn't viable alot of people pretend that that these IGR figures are fudged. I got into a few arguements over the data. I still think the move towards restructuring is necessary for the good of nation. We can't have these useless states littered around that can't fund themselves.
excuse me sir, how does d federal government get federal allocation that they give to states. if its from d natural resources we have in various states, can u give d full table of amount gotten from each state to make the total federal allocation. I await your reply thanks

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by ephi123(f): 9:12am On Jun 29, 2017
wristbangle:

God bless you sweet. With the technological advancement in the world currently, one would be elated to see even water as source of fuel been used by some machinery. Oil is becoming obsolete and if you click on www.oilprice.com website, you will know any country still having hope that oil will climax just like 5years ago when it peaked at $140 per barrel is on a destructive mode.

We have everything it takes for survival, satisfaction and boom with all sort of natural resources from agricultural arm to solid mineral arms yet our eyes is majorly on oil oil.

Even the oil sef, look at oil producing states performing terribly to pay staff, construct infrastructures, etc.

Make the thing dry up abeg! Where are the days of groundnut pyramid, cocoa production, leather production, oil palm, cotton, rubber (michellin, dunelop), etc.

Resources is not Nigeria's problem. It is the people, the systems and the leadership. Even with the cotton, oil palm, and rubber - if the underlying issues are not addressed, we will still be back to point zero.

Unfortunately, I don't think Nigeria will be catching up on the technological advancements anytime soon. Not when we are still electing an almost 80-year old man to lead the country.

3 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:12am On Jun 29, 2017
freshest4live:

If we are talking about regional government, the president of a region would manage it like a country, and the Governors would be subject to him. He would be free to seek funds from Abuja or from other international private bodies to develop the regions and can allocate to all 6 Governors in his region.
The taxing system in Nigeria has to be improved like in advanced countries, to finance the regional Governments. Also there should be an agreement on what each region contributes to federal Government, and to what extent it's used to support less dynamic states or regions.
I know my theory may not be perfect, but my arguement is that we can discuss these things to find a way around them.
bro u re talkin sbout a regional system of govt, but the restructuring being talked about in Nigeria 2day wehen it commences is everyman for himsef
Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by ScotsReferendum: 9:14am On Jun 29, 2017
reptile1:

^^^^ Truly u suck @ economics no doubt. if I may ask, which foreign investor invested in Japan after world war 2? which foreign investor invested in South Korea after the Korean war? which foreign investor invested in Germany after world war 1 and 2? now its apparently obvious to any discernible mind u ain't different from the said governor and other blacks of ur kind, that u all think in one direction. keep waiting for investors before developing ur own technology and create needed wealth.

Sanchez is as dull and brainless as the governor.

Foreign investors ko Investors Foreign ni.
Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by Sanchez01: 9:14am On Jun 29, 2017
ScotsReferendum:

You are talking to one who knows how to erect Technological Education in 8years.

It is just making up one's mind not to steal money but channel it into providing technological education
Why not share your blueprint as to how you would develop Ebonyi in 8 years, instead of claiming to understand how to erect 'Technological Education'.

2 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 29, 2017
BabaRamota1980:
Collapse Ebonyi back into the state it was created from.
is not about Ebonyi Mr man...how many states in Nigeria can survive without allocation excepting Lagos?the governor was sincere here

bw which region are u from?
Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by Nweze1986: 9:14am On Jun 29, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Coming from the chairman of Eastern Governors Forum.

I can't fit laff.

To think these are the people calling others parasites is quite amusing.

Una never see anything.

Abeg let's restructure jor, we are more interested in knowing who the actual parasites are, nonsense.
He never made such statement. such is coming from APC in the state
Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by ScotsReferendum: 9:15am On Jun 29, 2017
DONGOYARO1:
You are wasting your time with that ipod dunce. Just shout afonja, awusa parasite, Zoo must fall and watch how the economy of biafra will develop rapidly

You share similar brain and reasoning with the governor

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Governor Wike And His Team Arrive New York City In Style Ahead Of Award. Photos / Death Of 100 Soldiers :president Buhari, It's Time To Go! / Katsina Government Lifts Ban On Friday Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.