Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,464 members, 7,830,326 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi (38277 Views)

Governor Umahi Decongesting Traffic Jam Along Enugu/Abakaliki Boundary (Photos) / Is This Why Governor Umahi Has Been Crying Over New Minimum Wage? / "Restructuring My Foot! To Hell With Restructuring", Governor Shettima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by deedeedee1: 8:32am On Jun 29, 2017
Apple is valued at 810 billion dollars.
Google at 660 billion.
Microsoft at 545 billion.
Amazon at 480 billion.
Facebook at 440 billion.
The five of them have close to 600 thousand employees.
These are the largest companies on planet earth; and they are all tech companies....they made their money from innovation...thinking out of the box. Funny enough, they are all bigger than nigera; the so called giant of africa.
That governor should be impeached.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by Aragon: 8:32am On Jun 29, 2017
Opharhe:
Umahi i strongly disagree with you on this. Ebonyi state has a lot of potential for wealth creation. There's no state in Nigeria that cannot generate wealth. We're just being lazy mostly mentally.
Whether you like it or not, Nigeria must be restructured or disintegration will become inevitable.

Whether he likes it or not, and you are saying this as a Senator or Governor of that knows better than him. Please educate us more.. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by Aragon: 8:38am On Jun 29, 2017
deedeedee1:
Google at 660 billion.
Amazon at 480 billion.
Facebook at 440 billion.
These are the largest companies on planet earth; and they are all tech companies....they made their money from innovation...thinking out of the box. Funny enough, they are all bigger than nigera; the so called giant of africa.

Using your own Logic it's the People coming Online to fight and Insult each others that are the Problem cos the Companies that you mentioned are all Private.
People thinking out of the Box. If Majority of our Youths stop this Self Hate of Fighting and Insulting each others online non stop and look within we will be having New Start ups that will be the next Facebook or Google.

5 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by DONGOYARO1: 8:39am On Jun 29, 2017
dinggle:
The north has bribed him to raise the issue of "NO" to restructuring
What is wrong with you people, why must you always blame others for your family problems. The Chairman of the South East Governor's Forum has confirmed that you igbos are the real parasite in Nigeria, yet you are still blaming the North. Abeg do quick make una dey go una biafra

10 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by Sanchez01: 8:42am On Jun 29, 2017
ScotsReferendum:

You are disgracing yourself online

Are you saying if you are given Ebonyi to transform in 8years, you can't do so.

Africa lack leaders who are gifted in science engineering and technology to harness our resources
Thought as much. So you'd expect me to wield a magic wand and expect that development happens out of the blue?

The transformation and growth of a state largely depends on the number of foreign investors attracted to the state and not in commissioning bridges and flyovers! What is wrong with you people? What measures are on ground to assure investors that there would be a short term ROIs?

I hear this Africa leaders, science and technology bullshit from you guys yet we struggle as a country to produce pencils! Pencils!!! Our toothpicks are still being imported and last I checked, there is no single toothpick producing company in the South East and you are day dreaming science and technology and harnessing the power of the cosmos.

The entire South East contribution is only 6%, beating the NE by just 2%. Where would the bulk of the state's government come from in a state as Enugu where civil servants constitute almost 85%? How then do you transform Ebonyi in eight years without accruing debts while maintaining the balance?

I used to think I suck at Economics but the bulk of you on here are just crass dull.

14 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by bejeria101(m): 8:42am On Jun 29, 2017
Who is we? Guy speak for yourself,since na only you waka come.

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by abbadsinger: 8:44am On Jun 29, 2017
Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by SonofDevil: 8:44am On Jun 29, 2017
What does south east contribute beforegrin

When we tell them they need Nigeria more than Nigeria needs them.chest beating will start.
Common to leave north , their elders don lean from jumping to one northern elders to governors.

If a boko-haram ravaged zone IGR could be equivalent to south east region then

YEEBOS RE THE NO 1 PARASITES IN NIGERIAgrin

11 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by Onedibe1: 8:44am On Jun 29, 2017

2 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by abbadsinger: 8:46am On Jun 29, 2017
deedeedee1:
Google at 660 billion.
Amazon at 480 billion.
Facebook at 440 billion.

sure

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=865372503630258&id=834907580010084

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by LionDeLeo: 8:46am On Jun 29, 2017
SonofDevil:
What does south east contribute beforegrin

When we tell them they need Nigeria more than Nigeria needs them.chest beating will start.
Common to leave north , their elders don lean from jumping to one northern elders to governors.

If a boko-haram ravaged zone IGR could be equivalent to south east region then

YEEBOS RE THE NO 1 PARASITES IN NIGERIAgrin

I dey tell you oh!

Empty gallons making too much noise.

Always chest beating.

12 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by Timbuktuo: 8:46am On Jun 29, 2017
mormonslayer:
Who gives a rat's behind what these politicians have to say anyways, they are part of the problem we have in Igboland.Nnamdi Kanu is more popular than any of them and they shaking in their boots.

My friend, calm down and use your brain. The popularity of Nnamdi Kanu is irrelevant in how reality plays out. Buhari was once popular, now he's being cursed across the length and breadth of Nigeria. All it will take to call for Nnamdi Kanu's head is massive hunger in the land should Biafra be established.

A sitting governor is expressing reality on ground and you're talking about popularity as if you're arguing about Davido and Wizkid.

When Ebonyi people get hungrier under Biafra as they surely would, Nnamdi Kanu's demystification would be swifter than the fall of the naira the past two years.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by ephi123(f): 8:48am On Jun 29, 2017
wristbangle:

Why are u awake at 3.24a.m for F sake? undecided

But I stand to be corrected, is restructuring not something of regional scope where each states in a region will harness it's resources to feed themselves?

As for secession, I oppose it but judging from the frustration, anger and hunger in the country, one may have a rethink it's better to form a nation of its own. Still the masses especially the IPOB are naive to see that their frustration should be expressed to their corrupt leaders, same for arewa and oduduwa youths instead we are fighting each other while elites merry in wealth.

E be like say all of you were doing night vigil on this thread (assuming no time zone differences) grin grin

Patriotic Nigerian youths debating the future of Nigeria at 4am. I raise a glass to y'all

@ Topic
I re-echo your point: States should be responsible for their own spending, rather than being spoonfed from the center.
is restructuring not something of regional scope where each states in a region will harness it's resources to feed themselves?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by shekauvsbuhari: 8:49am On Jun 29, 2017
Blue3k:
Lol this clear blow towards secessionist. Remember he's the head of SE governors forum. We need to get them off the feeding bottle system.

Front Page: Lalasticlala Seun Mynd44
bros his man is useless. See the type of people we elect in this country. Ebonyi is de most agriculturaly viable state in de southeast.they produce rice and yam in commercial quantities. Rice is very cheap there. Talk of abakaliki rice. This is the type of lazy and uncreative politicians we have. That is why I support restructuring,so that lazy people will sit up.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by ScotsReferendum: 8:51am On Jun 29, 2017
Sanchez01:

Thought as much. So you'd expect me to wield a magic wand and expect that development happens out of the blue?

The transformation and growth of a state largely depends on the number of foreign investors attracted to the state and not in commissioning bridges and flyovers! What is wrong with you people? What measures are on ground to assure investors that there would be a short term ROIs?

I hear this Africa leaders, science and technology bullshit from you guys yet we struggle as a country to produce pencils! Pencils!!! Our toothpicks are still being imported and last I checked, there is no single toothpick producing company in the South East and you are day dreaming science and technology and harnessing the power of the cosmos.

The entire South East contribution is only 6%, beating the NE by just 2%. Where would the bulk of the state's government come from in a state as Enugu where civil servants constitute almost 85%? How then do you transform Ebonyi in eight years without accruing debts while maintaining the balance?

I used to think I suck at Economics but the bulk of you on here are just crass dull.

See your words below

" .......The transformation and growth of a state largely depends on the number of foreign investors attracted to the state....." Sanchez

Let me ask you one question

Do you think Japan became a great nation by depending on foreign investors.?

Do you think Germany was rebuilt by depending on foreign investors.?

When you give your people quality technological education and create a platform for local people to invest into their innovations and inventions, industrial wealth will be created.

I repeat

You and the governor have similar brain, mind and reasoning.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by ScotsReferendum: 8:52am On Jun 29, 2017
deedeedee1:
Google at 660 billion.
Amazon at 480 billion.
Facebook at 440 billion.

He should be thrown into River Niger

Such a hopeless and useless governor

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by GavelSlam: 8:52am On Jun 29, 2017
Blizzy9ja:
You can tell that to the Igbo man that has refused to invest in the east... We will make you pay for every drop of oil going to the north

I know you're already scared

You don't have any oil.

We from the south-south haven't boasted about oil the way you parasites do.

4 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by Iamsammy(m): 8:52am On Jun 29, 2017
Enuguboy4nsk:
he is right.

Even Enugu state too will lose out because there us nothing being produced in Enugu here... coal is already obsolete and no good market or industries large enough to meet up with the state needs .

truth is that more than 30 Nigerian states will suffer.

Umahi is only being truthful and real...states like Ekiti;Osun;kwara will even be worse BC at least Ebonyi has Agriculture which the aforementioned states lacked.

Dont insult...just bring up a superior argument if u have one

modified**

for those quoting me wrongly..Nigeria looks uninterested in coal esp when there is abundant gas to generate electricity.Don't you guys also know that Ebonyi has the oldest and largest cement factory in west Africa including other mineral deposit yet IGR is low

take for instance Imo state iGR (2016) is 5billion
divide 5 billion by their population which is 3.9million and you will see that IGR doesn't reflect the true thing esp when considering the population there

hey bro, did u just mentioned kwara? Did u check d internally generated revenue of kwara for 2016?

9 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by wristbangle: 8:52am On Jun 29, 2017
ephi123:

E be like say all of you were doing night vigil on this thread (assuming no time zone differences) grin grin

Patriotic Nigerian youths debating the future of Nigeria at 4am. I raise a glass to y'all

LOL Madam cheesy, that bolded words is what it is but unfortunately only few here gave diplomatic views while others whether afonja, ipob, etc are guilty of tribal rants.

That aside, oil has made us mentally lazy and I wish that resource can dry up so Nigerians can harness our potential to drive this country.

UK, China, Germany, Netherlands, even Ivory coat etc don't have oil yet their economies are among the strongest in the world.

7 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by Viergeachar: 8:53am On Jun 29, 2017
ScotsReferendum:

The guy wants to be the vice president to Elrufai or Kwankwaso or Lamido

abajo (no wonder)

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by buffalowings: 8:53am On Jun 29, 2017
Blue3k:

We can't let bias blind us from facts. His state isn't viable alot of people pretend that that these IGR figures are fudged. I got into a few arguements over the data. I still think the move towards restructuring is necessary for the good of nation. We can't have these useless states littered around that can't fund themselves.

Bleep
Only two states can sustain themselves

2 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by Princedapace(m): 8:54am On Jun 29, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Coming from the chairman of Eastern Governors Forum.

I can't fit laff.

To think these are the people calling others parasites is quite amusing.

Una never see anything.

Abeg let's restructure jor, we are more interested in knowing who the actual parasites are, nonsense.

My brother, when u talk like this, I begin to wonder how old u are.. see, restructuring doesnt mean states will not be affected.. nearly all the states in Nigeria will be affected including Lagos state.. Yes..

see, we all need this state controlled revenue for the betterment of Nigeria as a country.. it has nothing to do with igbos.. pls, when are we going to stop these nonsense of 'make e pain am' mind set for Nairaland.. I don tire for this forum sef..

Hunger will hit most states once we structure but it is good.. almost all the states in Nigeria has one natural resources or the other that can be commercialized..

It is total madness that after 50 years of self rule, Nigeria has not solved ordinary water even though we have access to make this happen while countries like Tunisia, Morocco etc which are located in desert are water satisfied..

Not only Ebonyi, almost all the states in Nigeria currently cant sustain her citizens... almost all states in Nigeria depends on south south for survivor.. this is what needs to stop..

Tourism alone can make a state stand out... fashion industry can boost a state, manufacturing can boost a state... look, this nonsense needs to stop.. not only Ebonyi state that will suffer, over 90% states in nigeria will surely be affected but Im sure, the wise ones will survive after few years with concrete plans..

Remember, when the desirable is not available, the available becomes the desirable..

8 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by Elfaris(m): 8:55am On Jun 29, 2017
Xano:
Interesting.

Honourable Governor, your state has a growing economy. Your IGR is steadily increasing. You have viable market, young population and good economic indicators.

With a % of your IGR, you can fund Small-Medium scale Enterprise in your state. Seek genuine technocrats to help draft programs which are sustainable for your state.
See the governor see trouble o....The governor of a state said his state is not yet ripe for restructuring and that the IGR is nothing to write home about and you are forcing something else down his throat. Wet in b ur own na? hahahaha chaaai
Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by jaytime(m): 8:55am On Jun 29, 2017
Is that not the state that has a big agric potentiality? They want to still continue to suckle on Niger Delta oil money.
Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by ephi123(f): 8:56am On Jun 29, 2017
wristbangle:
[/b]

Madam, that bolded words is what it is but unfortunately only few here are diplomats with their view while others whether afonja, ipob, etc are guilty of tribal rants.

That aside, oil has made us mentally and I wish that resource can dry up so Nigerians can harness our potential to drive this country.

UK, China, Germany, Netherlands, even Ivory coat etc don't have oil yet their economies are among the strongest in the world.

That resource definitely needs to dry up for us to make progress in this country, since unfortunately we have never had leaders with any common sense in this country. See the state of poverty in the country despite the wealth in it. Is that normal?

The interesting thing is even if it doesn't dry up, it will soon be made redundant in the near future. A lot of countries are already putting in place long term strategic plans for electric vehicles, LPG cars, LNG trucks etc.
Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by ScotsReferendum: 8:56am On Jun 29, 2017
Timbuktuo:

My friend, calm down and use your brain. The popularity of Nnamdi Kanu is irrelevant in how reality plays out. Buhari was once popular, now he's being cursed across the length and breadth of Nigeria. All it will take to call for Nnamdi Kanu's head is massive hunger in the land should Biafra be established.

A sitting governor is expressing reality on ground and you're talking about popularity as if you're arguing about Davido and Wizkid.

When Ebonyi people get hungrier under Biafra as they surely would, Nnamdi Kanu demystification would be swifting than the fall of the naira the past two years.

You are as dull as the governor

Give me Ebonyi and watch her become the Berlin of Africa in 8years

Nigeria is full of brain dead people like the governor
Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by shekauvsbuhari: 8:57am On Jun 29, 2017
mormonslayer:
Who gives a rat's behind what these politicians have to say anyways, they are part of the problem we have in Igboland.Nnamdi Kanu is more popular than any of them and they shaking in their boots.
what economic and political plan does nnamdi kanu have for biafra? Na to just talk give me biafra? It not mere establishing a radio station mind you.

8 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by ScotsReferendum: 8:58am On Jun 29, 2017
Elfaris:

See the governor see trouble o....The governor of a state said his state is not yet ripe for restructuring and that the IGR is nothing to write home about and you are forcing something else down his throat. Wet in b ur own na? hahahaha chaaai

You are not smart just like the governor

Give me 8years and watch Ebonyi achieve greatness
Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by DONGOYARO1: 8:58am On Jun 29, 2017
LionDeLeo:

I dey tell you oh!

Empty gallons making too much noise.

Always chest beating.
No solid economic blueprint, No concrete socio-political ideaology. Just the usual chest beating, futile protest and insults.

9 Likes

Re: We Don’t Want Restructuring - Governor Umahi by omokab: 8:58am On Jun 29, 2017
Enuguboy4nsk:
he is right.

Even Enugu state too will lose out because there us nothing being produced in Enugu here... coal is already obsolete and no good market or industries large enough to meet up with the state needs .

truth is that more than 30 Nigerian states will suffer.

Umahi is only being truthful and real...states like Ekiti;Osun;kwara will even be worse BC at least Ebonyi has Agriculture which the aforementioned states lacked.

Dont insult...just bring up a superior argument if u have one

modified**

for those quoting me wrongly..Nigeria looks uninterested in coal esp when there is abundant gas to generate electricity.Don't you guys also know that Ebonyi has the oldest and largest cement factory in west Africa including other mineral deposit yet IGR is low

take for instance Imo state iGR (2016) is 5billion
divide 5 billion by their population which is 3.9million and you will see that IGR doesn't reflect the true thing esp when considering the population there

all what you write up there is totally rubbish. I have already jumped your write up but I think is good for me to come and read it over again when I saw someone that said you stated the fact while you are not. Firstly, I know ebonyi state very well and what you stated about it comparing it agricultural output to Osun and Ekiti is completely Zero. Please do you know those states mention including Ebonyi state at large. Osun state is one of the best states in term of agriculture production. Talk of almost agriculture product in this country, Osun is one of them. Ekiti is also agricutural viable. I live in Ebonyi and I know all their 13 local government very and almost all their villages. Don't let anybody deceive you,Osun state is good in farming than ebonyi( rice production not excuded). Another area I will like to talk about is what the gov said about investors not investing in his state. He telling lies on this. What about him frustrating investors in his state? What about jinzziang(quarry) he personally closed down Bcs of his own selfish interest? What about other quarries in his state especially around mgbo and izziagu environs? The case of jinzziang got to the presidency and court before they are allowed to reopened. So,he should stop saying all this nonsense.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Muslim Lawyers Association Of Nigeria Endorses Death Penalty For Kano Blasphemer / EndSARS: Edo State Declares 24-Hour Curfew / What Femi Adesina Told Me When I Visited Villa – Kukah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.