Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,953 members, 7,821,346 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others (42496 Views)

Rnv Curriculum:the Letter That Upset Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others In Pfn. / Adeboye & Oyedepo At Pentecostal Fellowship Of Nigeria (pics) / Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by Muksodiq(m): 6:35am On Jul 03, 2017
Some people just wanna talk for talking sake n to be relevance of which it pure propaganda......
Arabic language is optional in d curriculum.....its not enforced on no one. People luv constantly creating chaos among these two beliefs
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by Muksodiq(m): 6:36am On Jul 03, 2017
Sola Ogunbekun Olona wrote

I hardly dabble into unnecessary controversy but at times for the purpose of clarity and to prevent unnecessary chaos and bigotry, one may need to break the silence.

I found this piece on whatssap and depicts in totality my thoughts on the unwarranted controversy of attempting to Islamise Nigeria through the curriculum.

The New Education Curriculum: Distinguishing Rumours from Facts~~~
~~~In 2010, former President Goodluck Jonathan convened a National Summit on Education. The Summit unanimously agreed that the Nigerian basic education curriculum is unwieldy, about 20 subjects at the time, and recommended a reduction in the number of subjects offered at the basic level of education.
~~~In 2012, the Federal Government approved a curriculum reform aimed at rationalizing the subjects offering in public schools in line with global practices and standards and the Nigerian Educational Research and Development Council (NERDC) was mandated to effect that.
~~~In 2014, NERDC came up with a 9-year curriculum with the subjects arranged into groups, producing a maximum of 12 subjects at the lower basic (primary 1-3), 9 subjects at the middle basic (primary 4-6) and 10 subjects at the upper basic (JS 1-3).
a) For primary 1-3: the subjects are: English Studies, Mathematics, Nigerian Languages, Basic Science and Technology, Religion and National Values, Cultural and Creative Arts, and Arabic Language.
b) For Primary 4-6 add (a) plus Pre-vocational studies.
c) For JSS 1-3, add (b) plus Business Studies and French Language.
NOTE: English, Mathematics, French language, Arabic Language, and Business Studies (at the upper basic) are the only subjects that stand on their own. All the remaining 17 subjects in the Curriculum have been respectively listed under various subject groupings: Religion and National Values, Nigerian Languages, Basic Science and Technology, Pre-Vocational Subjects, and Cultural and Creative Arts.
~~~2015 was the year slated for the implementation of the reform across the nation.
NOTE: While all the other subjects are core, Arabic Language at all levels is OPTIONAL.
NOTE: All the above (from conceptualization to formulation of the policy) happened under Goodluck Jonathan, immediate past President, Nyesom Wike, then Minister of Education, and Prof. Godswill Obioma, the former NERDC Executive Secretary.
~~~In 2016, in the spirit of continuity of government’s policies and programmes, the current Minister of Education, Mallam Adamu Adamu gave directives as appropriate for the implementation of the reform.
Now let us look at the bone of contention, which is related to the teaching of CRS and Islamic Studies. Under the reform, as noted above, five subjects have been grouped under Religious Studies and National Values.
These are:
A) CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES (CRS)
B) CIVIC EDUCATION
C) ISLAMIC STUDIES
D) SECURITY EDUCATION AND
E) SOCIAL STUDIES
The Christian Religious Studies (CRS) under the Curriculum has three themes, namely:
(i) God and His Creation
(ii) God’s Call and
(iii) Keeping God in our Relationships
Also, Islamic Studies has three themes:
(i) Qur’an
(ii) Tawhid and Fiqh and
(iii) Sirah and Tahdhid
NOTE: CRS and IRS are offered alternatively as a student is not allowed to offer both.
QUESTIONS:
a) Where did the CAN leadership and its otherwise discerning fellow travellers now threatening brimstone and fire get their idea that Christian Religious Studies was removed from the school curriculum and that Islamic Studies is being foisted on the country?
b) Why should religious leaders engage in beating the drums of war on such matters as curriculum review and playing bad politics with our educational system?
c) Are there no better ways of engagement, even when we have misgivings about a government policy? What purpose is all this overheating the polity supposed to serve?

I am a public school teacher with the scheme and curriculum at my disposal and much more facts that story is the other way round. The Muslims have only Thursdays and Fridays to conduct assembly while the Christians have Mondays to Wednesdays and the assembly becomes a revival ground . We are not complaining yet we want to Islamize Noni. I am very deep in my faith but my dealings with my colleagues of other faith can hardly be faulted, so the post below is void of religious bigotry on my side

3 Likes

Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by emmanuel1880(m): 6:40am On Jul 03, 2017
they sholud fight it till federal government reverse it officially
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by Muksodiq(m): 6:43am On Jul 03, 2017
NothingDoMe:
Is that why is should be by force?

Check the curriculum very well its not compulsory
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by jjjjj2017: 6:47am On Jul 03, 2017
obailala:
[s]Stop making these watery desperate nonsense arguments... Which is more islamic between arabic vs IRK?... If no one has forced you to offer IRK, so whats thw meaning of this nonsense ramble aboit arabic?... what's your problem if arabic language is to be thought to people in the north?... Oh okay, maybe including hebrew in the curriculum will make your life better; why dont you start the campaign for hebrew since every nonsense is now seen as political competion in Nigeria. angry[/s]
STFU OH YE BLOODY APC BMC!

1 Like

Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by Kdon2: 6:58am On Jul 03, 2017
obailala:
So what about them?... if they are north, what about them?... have there been reports from those places that their people are being forced to learn IRK instead of CRK?... So why should anyone lose sleep over an OPTIONAL arabic language course being added to the curriculum? Cant we just see how silly this uproar is?...

And then again, when reading through the comments, all I see is just a case of it being desperately politicised with typical conclusions being "apc wants to islamise nigeria," but these commentators always do 2 things to suit the political narrative:
1. They feign ignorance about the subject being optional and always intentionally claim that arabic is being made compulsory
2. They totally ignore the reports which confirm that these updates to the curriculum were instituted in 2012.

All I see here in this uproar is just a continuation of 2015 election campaigns when all the opposition pdp could come up with for its campaigns was "buhari this and buhari that and how buhari wants to islamise even the pope." The strategy failed in 2015 but the paranoia it created is still being fuelled and sustained by the same set of people.

Let them take their arabic to arabic schools simple. There are french schools all over the place for whoever wants it. Whoever wants to learn arabic should go to arabic school to learn it. The only language that should be compulsory is English and any local language.
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by Nobody: 7:03am On Jul 03, 2017
Hmm these so called "great" men should lead by example, they force muslim students to study CRS in their private schools and universities.

Why are they crying? Do they discriminate between tithes and donations received from non Christians in their churches?

Have they returned all the flashy cars and gifts received from muslims?

You cant eat your cake and have it, see what their hypocrisy has caused to christian children in Nigeria.

When I was in primary school we had CRK and IRK it was optional. It's sad to note that many so called secular schools werent teaching CRK eventhough it was a WAEC subject, did they complain about these no.

Do you know there are no sunday school classes in many of the churhes owned by these collared business men of God.

If they cant teach sunday school and bible study in their churches why are they crying over Islamic studies in schools.

Me thinks God is Judging them. cool
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by Philinho(m): 7:05am On Jul 03, 2017
Benekruku:

They might know more than you in all aspects, but in subjects like this, I know far more than them!

Arabic is a language like Hebrew, French which can give anybody and edge in the international scene. Those men will need an arabic translator to preach to someone whose only understands arabic? Its just a language and its never tied to Islam

They just making a fuss out nothing!
you're looking at things with your mere eyes
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by Kdon2: 7:05am On Jul 03, 2017
jomoh:

So because they belong to north does it now make it binding on them that they must do Arabic?

Answer this:

Were you ever forced by anyone to offer IRK in your secondary school?

I whereas, have been forced, even beaten to pray with my eyes closed in a public school funded by the government.

Let them just take their arabic to arabic schools simple. Or has arabic become nigeria's official language?
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by Nobody: 7:06am On Jul 03, 2017
I wouldn't mind learning Arabic though, its just a harmless language undecided
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by Nobody: 7:07am On Jul 03, 2017
now I see now Igbo's are agitating for Biafra. u can't expect a typical Igbo man to allow child(ren) to be studying Islam. its a CAPITAL NO.
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by Philinho(m): 7:10am On Jul 03, 2017
factwriter:

...tell that to the Christian groups of White House career envoys who manages America's socio economy relationship with the Middle East nations, especially the Trillion Dollar governments of the GCC (gulf cooperation countries).

They will tell you the importance of (not just learning) ARABIC as a language but also the benefits of understanding the culture, tradition and religion of the ARABIC speaking race.

Your perception are obfuscated, if at all you have any.
And you're comparing your mentality in Nigeria to that of d America? If Arabic is a language, is CRK a language? Y merging ? Islam with their useless idea
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by Philinho(m): 7:11am On Jul 03, 2017
unmask:
he/she learns to communicate with arabic
They don't need it.period
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by Kdon2: 7:14am On Jul 03, 2017
jomoh:

So because they belong to north does it now make it binding on them that they must do Arabic?

Answer this:

Were you ever forced by anyone to offer IRK in your secondary school?

I whereas, have been forced, even beaten to pray with my eyes closed in a public school funded by the government.

Let them just take arabic to arabic schools simple. English is the only official language, thats why its compulsory. No more no less.
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by PHILipu1(m): 7:19am On Jul 03, 2017
tical:
At this point, we all have to agree that Prof Osibanjo is just a ceremonial ACTING president stripped off all authority to enforce anything or settle any little issue on his own. these cabal government ehn..watching in 3D. hope this won't lead to a serious uprising soon.

But this was done under Jonathan administration just to get the north and Muslims votes and Christians then pretended as if they didn't see it then and are now putting the blame on Buhari.

I'm a Christian and i want us to go back to the previous system.
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by Rtopzy(f): 7:20am On Jul 03, 2017
2016v2017:

where were him when this were been done?
what did he say?
what did he do?
pls,forget that man,he is a product of fake change,politics have changed the man long ago,he is just enjoying the respect and reputation of a pastor,
he is no longer the pastor he was before he first joined politics.
be not deceived by the name pastor he attached to his name.
no politician shall see the kingdom of God.
all politicians are chameleons
The guy is just a figure head......he is a mere puppet in their hands.... smh
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by jomoh: 7:21am On Jul 03, 2017
Emmiekeyz:

why are u ranting like a peacock on heat? i asked a simple straight forward question and u are there talking gibberish. from ur post i already know that u are void of understanding! ask if u want to know why.

Emmiekeyz:

nothing special in the birth of Jesus Christ hun? yet ur dad f****d ur mum in order to give birth to u!

And you had to reply twice.

It shows the answer have you a sleepless night thinking about it but as expected, your replies are devoid of any sensible information that could come from a rational mind.

Enjoy your miserable low life

1 Like

Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by shamzee(m): 7:22am On Jul 03, 2017
A day will come when every Christian will regret for not accepting Islam for the truth is clearly revealed to us ....oh ALLAH please open our eyes and heart's to the truth and forgive us our sin

1 Like

Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by PHILipu1(m): 7:22am On Jul 03, 2017
valleygirl:
It is becoming clearer now what the APC, the Islamic party has for the nation

It was under PDP and Jonathan that it was review and you can check your facts.

He wanted to use it to please the north and Muslims to get their votes.
Stop blaming APC.
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by jomoh: 7:25am On Jul 03, 2017
Kdon2:

Let them just take arabic to arabic schools simple. English is the only official language, thats why its compulsory. No more no less.

Arabic is a language and a course studied in the university on it's own. Even the first University in the country has an Arabic department. This is to show Arabic has been in Nigerian system before Nigeria's Independence but I doubt you'll understand since you're probably still a jamb candidate.

1 Like

Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by Badonasty(m): 7:27am On Jul 03, 2017
pastorcyrus:

You are sick in the brain.

That's how you're taught in churches to hurl insults

1 Like

Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by Badonasty(m): 7:31am On Jul 03, 2017
OyeeMikeJunior:
Abeg stop dey smoke dat weed wai u dey smoke....

The one wey me and oyeemikesenior dey smoke abi
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by tonio2wo: 7:35am On Jul 03, 2017
RCCG Adeboye should shut up and bury his head in shame.

He played a major role in all of this. angry
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by jomoh: 7:39am On Jul 03, 2017
Philinho:

And you're comparing your mentality in Nigeria to that of d America? If Arabic is a language, is CRK a language? Y merging ? Islam with their useless idea

This kind of half education is the problem we have in this country.

Arabic is a Language

CRS or CRK- Christian Religious Studies is for Religion.

IRS or IRK- Islamic Religious Studies is for Religion.

They are not merging Arabic with CRS or IRK. It is the Christian leaders supported by divisive politicians like FFK and Fayose that are merging it.

The likes of Oyedepo and Adeboye knows the truth. They went to school of theology where they are taught the difference.

Go to department of Arabic studies in the University of Ibadan you will see pastors studying Arabic to be able to evangelize in the likes of Turkey, Morroco, Egypt and the likes but because they know most Christians don't know the difference, they prefer to use it as a tool for them to appear to be tackling the Muslims.

1 Like

Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by luluman: 7:40am On Jul 03, 2017
factwriter:

Lies.

The BIBLE (offensive wars) is more VIOLENT than the QURAN (defensive wars)

http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php%3FstoryId%3D124494788&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjPuKv82-vUAhUMa1AKHeSDBKMQFggLMAA&usg=AFQjCNE9ym8n9FT7sByYTHvIvXbZr7bAeg

http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/violence-more-common-in-bible-than-quran-text-analysis-reveals-a6863381.html&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjPuKv82-vUAhUMa1AKHeSDBKMQFggOMAE&usg=AFQjCNGi7KbEtpIZqW-5f25UICOdT5VGoA
But those wars are to protect ourselves not to fight for our God.Your brothers fight to protect your own God: why should you worship him if you are the one protecting him.
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by jomoh: 7:45am On Jul 03, 2017
Emmiekeyz:

nothing special in the birth of Jesus Christ hun? yet ur dad f****d ur mum in order to give birth to u!

So Jesus Christ is the only one you saw there?

Why choose Jesus over Adam and eve who's creation were more miraculous than that of Jesus Christ.

Selective judgement is hypocisy and Hypocrisy is a Christian's stock in trade. I'm not surprised.

1 Like

Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by escohido1(m): 7:49am On Jul 03, 2017
These men of God caused all this and they are here telling Nigerian students to resist any attempt to force them to study Arabic.
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by thesicilian: 7:50am On Jul 03, 2017
jagugu88li:
Good point Sir but, I am getting the feeling that they are reffering to Arabic the language as opposed to the religion. Am I correct to assume that you see no need to learn the language too?
At times it may be difficult to differentiate the language from its culture or religion, and if one is allowed the others may sneak in through the backdoor.
But then the major issue is, nobody should be compelled to learn any discipline in school apart from English and Mathematics.
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by jomoh: 7:53am On Jul 03, 2017
luluman:
But those wars are to protect ourselves not to fight for our God.Your brothers fight to protect your own God: why should you worship him if you are the one protecting him.

Haaaaaaa!

If you read the second website and still went ahead to say this I swear of you die now you will never make heaven no matter how holy your life had been.

Genocide is for protection?

You mean this is for protection?

"There is a specific kind of warfare laid down in the Bible which we can only call genocide."

It is called herem, and it means total annihilation. Consider the Book of 1 Samuel, when God instructs King Saul to attack the Amalekites: "And utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them," God says through the prophet Samuel. "But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey."
When Saul failed to do that, God took away his kingdom.

"In other words," Jenkins says, "Saul has committed a dreadful sin by failing to complete genocide. And that passage echoes through Christian history. It is often used, for example, in American stories of the confrontation with Indians — not just is it legitimate to kill Indians, but you are violating God's law if you do not."

May God have mercy on your poor lieing soul.
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by bilaal29: 8:04am On Jul 03, 2017
ajalawole:
Honestly i dont know why we take religious seriously in this country, those calling them self religious of peace and the one even bringing problem. That was how i lost a close family friend in ede, osun state cuz the nearest hospital MUSLIM HOSPITAL EDE refuse to take him in for being a Christian sad .

This is a big lie, MUSLIM HOSPITAL, EDE admit all kinds of patient notwithstanding their religious beliefs, maybe your friend refused to go there
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by olatunyemi(m): 8:04am On Jul 03, 2017
before commenting on the post you should understand that
1. this started during Jonathan's period
2. Arabic is a language same as french and English
3. CRSand IRS are religious studies
4. You either choose french or Arabic

when I was in secondary school there was a girl in my class she did Arabic and even pass more than every member of the class except 3 people who learnt Arabic at home before.
but she will leave the class during IRS and went to CRS class

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

"Pastor Prays And Boys Hand Grows Back To Normal Inside Church" (video) / What Daddy Freeze Won't Tell The Sheeples About Church Giving / Omega Power Ministries (OPM) Empowers Rehabilitated Sex Workers (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.