Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,267 members, 7,836,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others (42530 Views)

Rnv Curriculum:the Letter That Upset Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others In Pfn. / Adeboye & Oyedepo At Pentecostal Fellowship Of Nigeria (pics) / Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by jomoh: 11:14am On Jul 03, 2017
ancientbanana:
shei u wld feel good if IRS was merged with national values as a subject and CRK stands alone n it's made compulsory n u also live in the southern part. I case u don't knw, CRK n IRS then we're compulsory subjects depending on ur faith. So I the south CRK was thought n the North IRS was thought. Now in a bid for cunning islamic ppl to gradually force ppl especially xtians in the North, they scrapped CRK. U claim one Nigeria, but in a time of talks of secession, govt is doing this that cld create more disunity. If CRK was removed then IRS shld have vs been removed for fairness n equality. But ppl lik u don't believe fairness because u plan to forcefully or cunningly convert ppl to islam

This kind of half education is the problem we have in this country.
You people just fail to read and use your own reasoning

Arabic is a Language like french language.

CRS or CRK- Christian Religious Studies is for Religion.

IRS or IRK- Islamic Religious Studies is for Religion.

Arabic has never being taught in Nigerian secondary schools. It is IRS that has being taught which is very different from Arabic.

They are not merging Arabic with CRS or IRK neither are they making anything compulsory or removing one to replace the other. CRS and IRS are only SUBmerged under national values and christians study CRS while Muslims study IRS like It has always being.

It is the Christian leaders supported by divisive politicians like FFK and Fayose that are merging, removing and replacing them in the faces of the media.

The likes of Oyedepo and Adeboye knows the truth. They went to school of theology where they are taught the difference. They know the difference between Arabic and IRS. Anybody can teach IRS and CRS CRS but unless you studied Arabic in Higher institution, you cannot teach it. You cannot even read the book.

Anyone can teach french history not everyone can teach french language.

Go to department of Arabic studies in the University of Ibadan you will see pastors studying Arabic to be able to evangelize in the likes of Turkey, Morroco, Egypt and the likes but because they know most Christians don't know the difference, they prefer to use it as a tool for them to appear to be tackling the Muslims.

1 Like

Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by jomoh: 11:23am On Jul 03, 2017
Emmiekeyz:

bro talking about creation, don't say what u don't know. nobody knew how Jesus came into existence, Jesus is God! if u are not that dumb go and make research, from the BIBLE.

Nobody knew how Jesus came into being? is that the new lie you're told. against what your bible says?

Jesus is your god yet he went through the womb of mere sinful mortal he created.

Jesus is your god yet he came through a woman but created Adam without going through any sinful being. If he decide to come himself has the god he is without going through anyone who would question him? Won't that have convinced people more that there is a God.

You re not making sense.
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by imam07: 11:28am On Jul 03, 2017
jomoh:

"There is a specific kind of warfare laid down in the Bible which we can only call genocide."

It is called herem, and it means total annihilation. Consider the Book of 1 Samuel, when God instructs King Saul to attack the Amalekites: "And utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them," God says through the prophet Samuel. "But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey."
When Saul failed to do that, God took away his kingdom.

"In other words," Jenkins says, "Saul has committed a dreadful sin by failing to complete genocide.

And that passage echoes through Christian history. It is often used, for example, in American stories of the confrontation with Indians — not just is it legitimate to kill Indians, but you are violating God's law if you do not."

May God have mercy on your lieing souls.

You know nothing about your religion beyond what you god of Men tells you.

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery.
I have ask u but u refused to answer my questions. Ur argument is totally baseless and devoid of sense. I ask u again, where in this country u see a Christian killing a fellow human being and he is saying hallelujah or saying Jesus told him to do so.
As u are now if boko haram meet u they will kill u because u don't practice what is in the Quran. Quran says kill and shed blood b4 u can enter heaven. Let discuss reality here and stop talking about what happened in thousands of years ago. Talk about what we hear and see around us now.
Thank God u can read a Bible because it is accessible to everyone unlike a Quran which is restricted to many. I don't believe u as a Muslim u can read Quran.

1 Like

Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 03, 2017
thesicilian:

At times it may be difficult to differentiate the language from its culture or religion, and if one is allowed the others may sneak in through the backdoor.
But then the major issue is, nobody should be compelled to learn any discipline in school apart from English and Mathematics.
Now tell me please, wasn't English imposed on the black man via missionaries? I mean, Catholics arrived in Africa presenting themselves as the good version of dictatorship....but that is not the point.

I am a multilinguist thanks to my confused family tree. I learned some languages whilst attending Catholic schools. Mind you, these languages are mostly linked to anti-catholicism, but Catholic schools where good schools in the region, if not the only schools back then. I hate the fact that we accept English as an intellectual language

My point is, I dont think its wise to entirely veto the opportunity of learning foriegn languages rather, put standards that will govern the curriculum fairly. It is afterall a choice to learn the language. Either you chose French or the latter

Stop thing Arab = ISIS grin. It is though grin
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by Emmiekeyz(m): 11:58am On Jul 03, 2017
jomoh:

Nobody knew how Jesus came into being? is that the new lie you're told. against what your bible says?

Jesus is your god yet he went through the womb of mere sinful mortal he created.

Jesus is your god yet he came through a woman but created Adam without going through any sinful being. If he decide to come himself has the god he is without going through anyone who would question him? Won't that have convinced people more that there is a God.

You re not making sense.
I will stand to this forever JESUS IS GOD if ur deluded mind would allow u go and read from the BIBLE book of John 1:1. Do u even know the reason why Jesus Christ came to this world in the form of man? it is to suffer and die for your sins. even if i explain this for u, u can't comprehend because u have been decieved by the devil into believing what u now hold as faith. follow my previous post and make research from the BIBLE if u're not unlearned.
repent now and Jesus will accept ur soul.

1 Like

Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by ernieboy(m): 12:07pm On Jul 03, 2017
valleygirl:

Why are we not studying Chinese we trade with? I am sure the phone you use to type the above is made in China.
abi o bros, in fact in terms of international relevance mandarin is far more relevant than fu*ing Arabic language.

1 Like

Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by imam07: 12:10pm On Jul 03, 2017
I believe most of u Muslims here are now successful because some of u passed through Christians or missionary schools. You are here expressing yourself in good English. Now after most of u have achieved better things of live in these schools,u are now biting the fingers that fed u. Unless u don't pass through these schools that u will not face the wrath of God.
Most of u wld not have gotten the quality knowledge u have now without passing through these schools. Now u are stabbing them at the back. God is looking @ all of u. I read a guy was saying the white people imposed English on them and I laugh.your case is like someone who doesn't want to die and he want to go to heaven.

1 Like

Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by Badbae: 12:14pm On Jul 03, 2017
jomoh:

make what secular again?

do you even know the meaning of secular.

is it not secular already?

its not secular when you guys are forcing Arabic language on Christians.
pls spare me that talk that they remover irk tooo. we all know that Nigeria is not a secular state.
there are more Christians in sch than Muslims.
you know that shit

1 Like

Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by thesicilian: 1:20pm On Jul 03, 2017
jagugu88li:
Now tell me please, wasn't English imposed on the black man via missionaries? I mean, Catholics arrived in Africa presenting themselves as the good version of dictatorship....but that is not the point.

I am a multilinguist thanks to my confused family tree. I learned some languages whilst attending Catholic schools. Mind you, these languages are mostly linked to anti-catholicism, but Catholic schools where good schools in the region, if not the only schools back then. I hate the fact that we accept English as an intellectual language

My point is, I dont think its wise to entirely veto the opportunity of learning foriegn languages rather, put standards that will govern the curriculum fairly. It is afterall a choice to learn the language. Either you chose French or the latter

Stop thing Arab = ISIS grin. It is though grin
Lol. Your write up is funny but true. Although when it comes to dealing with the Nigerian government, some things just have to be nipped in the bud. Like when Jonathan told us he had removed petroleum subsidy in 2012 and we endured, only to find out again in 2015 that Buhari is removing subsidy again. (Which one did they remove before?) And we are hearing now that the same subsidy ( a cat with nine lives) may be removed yet again soon.
So if we are not careful, we may end up studying both Arabic language and Islamic religion through the backdoor, before they start compelling us to recite part of the Quran at government events after the National Anthem.
Like when Seun forces us to declare that we pledge our allegiance to Islam and Allah anytime we want to comment on certain threads on Nairaland...
All I am saying is, let us decide for ourselves what we want to study, not under government duress.

1 Like

Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by ephi123(f): 1:52pm On Jul 03, 2017
thesicilian:

Lol. Your write up is funny but true. Although when it comes to dealing with the Nigerian government, some things just have to be nipped in the bud. Like when Jonathan told us he had removed petroleum subsidy in 2012 and we endured, only to find out again in 2015 that Buhari is removing subsidy again. (Which one did they remove before?) And we are hearing now that the same subsidy ( a cat with nine lives) may be removed yet again soon.
So if we are not careful, we may end up studying both Arabic language and Islamic religion through the backdoor, before they start compelling us to recite part of the Quran at government events after the National Anthem.
Like when Seun forces us to declare that we pledge our allegiance to Islam and Allah anytime we want to comment on certain threads on Nairaland...

All I am saying is, let us decide for ourselves what we want to study, not under government duress.

That's their plan. Underhanded tactics. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by rhektor(m): 2:30pm On Jul 03, 2017
jomoh:

We don't care about your noise making we only care about the lies you peddle against us.

GEJ a Christian introduced a policy, it is to be implemented by an acting president who is a Christian but your leaders find it convenient to turn around and blame the muslims.

same thing that happened during the retirement saga that was introduced by a redeem pastor under a Christian president only for the pastor to start implementing it, your leaders start blaming the muslims.

What you smoked has blocked your brain from simple comprehension.

How many schools in the south was government established? 80% were all Christian missionary schools converted to government schools and funded by the government and most of your lieing leaders enjoyed free education unde Awolowo government.

I hope the substance has cleared from your eyes and brain to read this one and understand.

With this level of gullibility you can be any worse you feel like being. Your question of how many schools in the south that were established as Christian schools but latter converted to government schools should make you cover you foolish face in utmost shame. You should be asking yourself of your religion has supported education on this country or the other way round. The Christian missionaries aren't just particular about spreading Christianity but spreading knowledge. What did your religion spread? Bokoharam! you thinking that you are wise by accusing the church of double standard saying that a Christian President introduced this new education policy like I asked you the other time what exactly did you smoke that has deluded you? The presidency did not at any time introduced this useless policy but it is a result of the overzealous religious bigot. A typical example is the policy that El Rufai wanted to implement in in Kaduna. Typical of a bigot like you, you would accused the Christians of another thing if that barbaric policy were allowed to stand. Fool yourself as you like we won't accept any form ways that anyone will shove thus present policy on our children.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by Splashme: 2:50pm On Jul 03, 2017
ghettowriter:
That is a very good observation and declaration by this Great Men. who even brought this idea in the first place? and how was it inculcated into our secondary schools without proper debate or reviews.

If this is some pple's plan of Islamizing Nigeria then it had died on arrival. I can't pay for my kids or siblings to go and study, then you force what i dont believe or subscribe to on them.

This is day light robbery. I'll pull my kids out of anyschool that refuses to allow my kids to skip this islamic study watever class.

1 Like

Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by ehinmowo: 2:54pm On Jul 03, 2017
jomoh:

Who among Nigeirans willingly accept your slavery mongering religion.

Become a Christian, you're a slave

You don't become a Christian, you're a slave

reject slavery then you die.

d same combination of deceit and brutality dt Mohammed used to propagate his lies is dt u pple are still using....Islam is propagated by war and deceit
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 3:03pm On Jul 03, 2017
jomoh:

Arabic is a Language

They are not merging Arabic with CRS or IRK. It is the Christian leaders supported by divisive politicians like FFK and Fayose that are merging it.

The likes of Oyedepo and Adeboye knows the truth. They went to school of theology where they are taught the difference.

Go to department of Arabic studies in the University of Ibadan you will see pastors studying Arabic to be able to evangelize in the likes of Turkey, Morroco, Egypt and the likes but because they know most Christians don't know the difference, they prefer to use it as a tool for them to appear to be tackling the Muslims.
Even one of the early Professor in Arabic in Nigeria was one professor Isaac Adejoju Ogunbiyi but, most Nigerian Christians don't know that.
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by Godhand04(m): 3:34pm On Jul 03, 2017
What if this will promote peace between both religions?? Do they ever think of that??
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by Sirhethat12(f): 3:48pm On Jul 03, 2017
imam07:
I have ask u but u refused to answer my questions. Ur argument is totally baseless and devoid of sense. I ask u again, where in this country u see a Christian killing a fellow human being and he is saying hallelujah or saying Jesus told him to do so.
As u are now if boko haram meet u they will kill u because u don't practice what is in the Quran. Quran says kill and shed blood b4 u can enter heaven. Let discuss reality here and stop talking about what happened in thousands of years ago. Talk about what we hear and see around us now.
Thank God u can read a Bible because it is accessible to everyone unlike a Quran which is restricted to many. I don't believe u as a Muslim u can read Quran.

kill and shed blood before you can enter heaven? where's that written in the Quran? Thank God both religion have been merged, the next generation will get to learn instead of acting so ignorant.
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by giftedshantel(m): 6:08pm On Jul 03, 2017
It amazes me that muslims force others to their religion. They have a god they fight for, the god can't even fight for itself. I love Christianity cos we depend on our God and he never fails in this situation of radical muslims disturbing the country he will intervene.
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by imam07: 8:26pm On Jul 03, 2017
Godhand04:
What if this will promote peace between both religions?? Do they ever think of that??
Christians don't need that kind of peace.

1 Like

Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by Philinho(m): 10:08pm On Jul 03, 2017
jomoh:

Arabic is a Language

They are not merging Arabic with CRS or IRK. It is the Christian leaders supported by divisive politicians like FFK and Fayose that are merging it.

The likes of Oyedepo and Adeboye knows the truth. They went to school of theology where they are taught the difference.

what you're quoting is deferent from d motive of bringing Arabic to our schools. you think you know something but u know nothing. Islam have brought more pain than good to this country n nobody will take that further. What happened to French,n other languages? Y merging a language with CRK? I'm born in d north n I'm in d north ,n nothing u can tell me about ur religion
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by ancientbanana: 10:41pm On Jul 03, 2017
jomoh:

You people just fail to read and use your own reasoning

Arabic is a Language like french language.

Arabic has never being taught in Nigerian secondary schools. It is IRS that has being taught which is very different from Arabic.

They are not merging Arabic with CRS or IRK neither are they making anything compulsory or removing one to replace the other. CRS and IRS are only SUBmerged under national values and christians study CRS while Muslims study IRS like It has always being.

It is the Christian leaders supported by divisive politicians like FFK and Fayose that are merging, removing and replacing them in the faces of the media.

The likes of Oyedepo and Adeboye knows the truth. They went to school of theology where they are taught the difference. They know the difference between Arabic and IRS. Anybody can teach IRS and CRS CRS but unless you studied Arabic in Higher institution, you cannot teach it. You cannot even read the book.

Anyone can teach french history not everyone can teach french language.

u guys can't fool us with this ur jamboree statements. Let's IRS be scrapped too!
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by Ken4Christ: 11:36pm On Jul 03, 2017
I suggest all Christian teachers and lectures should go on strike on this issue. We are more in number in education sector and they shouldn't take us for a ride.

If we don't take this drastic step, your children will one day convert to Islam and come and fight you.

Christians must unite and fight against this evil plot, otherwise, we may not have a voice tomorrow.
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by Ken4Christ: 11:39pm On Jul 03, 2017
Bring back our CRK. We don't want this new curriculum. Christians, speak out otherwise, your children one day we become terrorist that will come and fight you.
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by udatso: 7:47am On Jul 04, 2017
Anikulhapo:

Even Yoruba and Igbo are not compulsory, so y should arabic be?
And has anyone made Arabic compulsory ?
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by udatso: 7:51am On Jul 04, 2017
stilldoingokay:
Arabic is a language not a religion and there have Christians and Muslims let stop all those hate. and I also condemn the removing of the Christins religion from the school
Christian religion wasn't removed from THE school oooo. BTW which school are we talking about?
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by udatso: 7:51am On Jul 04, 2017
valleygirl:

Why are we not studying Chinese we trade with? I am sure the phone you use to type the above is made in China.
Where are we supposed to find Chinese teachers ?
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by luluman: 6:50pm On Jul 04, 2017
factwriter:

Is that the best comprehension you could derive when a particular human race fend off persecution and subjugation

You translate...
...Fighting for the RIGHT TO EXIST and the right of ENTITLEMENT TO A FAITH...
as fighting in defence of God

You may undertake the responsibility of being custodian of God's word but nobody fights on behalf of God. Muslims are not doing that but you wouldn't know.

When will some of you begin to shed your "unreasoned reservations" about Islam and start to Scrooge for facts beyond the falsehood you have long been hoodwinked with?

An average Muslim is never afraid to learn beyond his Islamic teachings and indoctrinations, while in Christianity, adherents are label anti Christ soon as they turn and peep at pages from other faiths.

If you are old enough to get on a social forum for intellectual discuss like this then you are matured enough to afford yourself an independent unbiased true research into other people's beliefs; without necessarily risking your Christian faith.

Good morning and God bless you.
So when your brothers behead a non Muslim( as they do always) because the name Allah or Mohammed was disrespected that is fighting for the right to survive?
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by luluman: 6:59pm On Jul 04, 2017
jomoh:

What is the correlation?

You people are just shameless hypocrites.

Jonathan govt a Christian inserted it, Osinbajo govt a Christian pastor is there yet you keep barking in the media that Muslims did this Muslims did that.

Does that make sense?
You need more lessons to know that once a christian is into politics he has compromised God's standards.Those you mentioned definitely want to sustain & maintain those offices : they have to play civil.
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by luluman: 7:05pm On Jul 04, 2017
ollah1:

What different between clergies and politicians? Are they not all thieves and liars?
I advised you to bomb those who lied to you in your faith & leave ours alone, abi you want to defend us as you defend your God?
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 04, 2017
luluman:
I advised you to bomb those who lied to you in your faith & leave ours alone, abi you want to defend us as you defend your God?

When you are learned enough to have a proper discourse, lemme know
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by luluman: 10:05pm On Jul 04, 2017
ollah1:

When you are learned enough to have a proper discourse, lemme know
So that you can bomb me abi?
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by peteregwu(m): 1:21pm On Jul 05, 2017
chuose2:
When Pastor Bosun Emnaunel warned us about APCs Islamic agenda in the video below, was he not insulted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNjEGfcZC74

WE CAN SEE THAT BOSUN EMMANUEL'S WARNING WAS FROM GOD,
SO WHY DID ADEBOYE & REDEEMED RELEASE A LETTER TO REJECT BOSUN EMMANUEL'S WARNING?

[img]https://3.bp..com/-0fqVWbAH45I/WJMoRv_O7PI/AAAAAAAAADs/UJJVFd8N0oQnEBUwv4t-iObItSkSWv9UgCPcB/s1600/latest%2Bletter%2Bcropped%2Bfinal.png[/img]

We also need to ask why did Adeboye give his blessings to an Islamic govt?

WE NEED TO ASK IF ADEBOYE HEARS FROM GOD, WHY DID HE GIVE BUHARI HIS BLESSINGS?

Hmmm.....na WAo....i tire for some of these our pastor being influenced by politicians. Anyway, I just they pass again. Make o pass o jare.
Re: Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others by chuose2: 1:27pm On Jul 05, 2017
peteregwu:

Hmmm.....na WAo....i tire for some of these our pastor being influenced by politicians. Anyway, I just they pass again. Make o pass o jare.

My brother Adeboye sold us to islam.
See

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_7RflrL2nk

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Omega Power Ministries (OPM) Empowers Rehabilitated Sex Workers (Photos) / "Pastor Prays And Boys Hand Grows Back To Normal Inside Church" (video) / Edo Lord's Chosen Members Perform Stuns During Publicity. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.