Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,887 members, 7,810,420 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home (58424 Views)

"My Wife Left Me When I Lost My Job, She Wants Me Back Now There Is Money?" / Losing My Dad & Dealing With Lazy Relatives: My Experience / My Husband Broke Up With Me Because I'm Yet To Conceive. Losing My Mind.. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by mylander(m): 5:41pm On Jul 02, 2017
Please advise.

I was in an employment of a bank until recently when my employment was terminated.

When I had the job, I took my family welfare as my priory. My wife and our only son were faring good, I always ensure we do not lack the basic necessities. Meanwhile, my wife did not have a job then. All the house upkeep expenses including the cost of running her postgraduate program were on me and I felt comfortable bearing the costs as the breadwinner of the family.

After I lost my job in the bank some month ago, my wife got an employment with the state govt. With her little income, she has been able to assist in bearing some expenses, even she pays for fuelling our car sometimes.

The drama has now started in the house and our marriage is on the verge of breaking up.

Any little issue, my wife will turn it to quarrel, different abuses. Funny enough, she would be referring to the financial supports she has been rendering in the house. This is a woman that did not work at all for 2 years and I was bearing all the expenses with pleasure. Now she had only supported me for about 4months now and she's is misbehaving.

To my surprise, my wife maintains a record in which she records every penny she spends in the house including food items and fuel. With this, she always ask me when will I pay him back.

At the instance of a simple argument/misunderstanding, my wife would be boasting of 'I paid for this, I paid for that....' 'If not for my support since you had problem at work......'

Please advise me, I am getting fed-up with the situation, my wife had changed totally.

77 Likes 15 Shares

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Tolexander: 5:42pm On Jul 02, 2017
So obvious you earned the respect from your wife by virtue of your financial capabilities then. Not as if the wife respected you naturally as the head of the home.

Since no source of income again, the wife feels the tide should change since the financial responsibility has fallen on her in plesant places.

94 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Victornezzar: 5:46pm On Jul 02, 2017
Op i understand her pains...its normal with women
Dis ur case was d same case with my uncle
Don't know weda dey wer controlling him from village......He lost his job....His wife had a big shop wer she do sell all dis kitchen utensils.....she was complaining oo but my uncle kept calm....she was responsible 4 everything in deir family.....my uncle felt dat d whole world was against him....its dat period u would know hu ur real friends are.....But today it's a forgotten issue...he's living well with his family.
so don't ever regret getting married
Sh*t like dis happens
Btw u too start something doing so at least u can be supporting her
Even if it's little....God will increase u
btw Pm me
let's talk more on dis
will av 2 connect u with my uncle so u would hear more from him

329 Likes 15 Shares

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 5:46pm On Jul 02, 2017
And this na woman way you date and way vow to love you and would do anything for you. Na the same day devil and women were created but we no no which one was created first...

Take heart bro, when bubu burial is announced things would pick up

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by SUPERPACK: 5:50pm On Jul 02, 2017
rent a piece of land and go into farming, stop wasting your time at home searching for job,

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 02, 2017
Anytime i say love is conditional...
People look at me like an alien.

Brother, you have seen and as a first hand witness...
Your wife no try at all.

I am not married so i will not say much...
If a woman is becoming toxic, unhappiness has set in.

I pray you get a job soon...
At least to pay back what you owe in her account book.

How to survive the Buhari recession in Nigeria (6 Tips that gets you more money)

Do what you wish after that!
Lalasticlcla, mynd44

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Oyindidi(f): 5:57pm On Jul 02, 2017
There is hope for the living. Some women are too selfish, sadly your wife is one of them.

79 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 02, 2017
I really feel your pain bro.But from what I deduce from your write-up I can tell u boldly that she doesn't love u!!! It's a hard fact to accept!! But that's the truth...To her you are irritating and a liability!! Please please if you can try to see if u can start something(maybe a business) until you're able to get another job. It's not a misconception,its a fact!!! Look when you love someone(weather man or woman) you're ready to share n comfort your loved ones both in sickness n health,in riches n difficulty. That's the way it should be... That's the plain truth.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by sweerychick(f): 6:01pm On Jul 02, 2017
Im sorry for your condition, but its obvious u have a greedy and selfish woman as a wife. Lord knows that i cant insult my husband cos of his condition. When u guys exchanged vows she forgot abt the part of good times and bad times so it is all abt her enjoying without remembering your sacrifice towards her. Keep the faith and hope alive God wil sure reward ur pains wt joy. remember the story of job.. dont loose hope. cheers

131 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by kennies12(m): 6:07pm On Jul 02, 2017
Am not surprised at all. Thats how these devils called women can behave.

you live with a woman, she is doing everything from your money and it won't make headlines, but when she supports a little, then it becomes an issue.

My brother, be patient a little while we await luck to shine one u to get sth doing. but meanwhile, just start sth no matter how little it is.

God ll revenge for u.

40 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Victornezzar: 6:11pm On Jul 02, 2017
kennies12:
Am not surprised at all. Thats how these devils called women can behave.

you live with a woman, she is doing everything from your money and it won't make headlines, but when she supports a little, then it becomes an issue.

My brother, be patient a little while we await luck to shine one u to get sth doing. but meanwhile, just start sth no matter how little it is.

God ll revenge for u.
And it was d same devil dat gave birth 2 u
some women behave dat way

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Ifyone123(f): 6:11pm On Jul 02, 2017
This is the reason most well doing men dont flaunt dia money wen dating girls. Like i once said "U know d depth of loyalty from a woman wen her man got noting..and d loyalty of a man wen he got everything" OP jst calmly tell her to b paying bills dat u will refund her back and start lookin fr a job, meanyl if u cn invest d lil u hv in MMM n b looking around fr anoda appointment. Broda if u finally get a job n she brings d list of fr u to refund jst tell her to giv u somtime, u shud go write a list of all u hv bin spending wen u both wia dating, all d money u spent on both white n traditional wedding and all d expenses u cn fabricate and tell her to pay up all diz tinz before u refund her money back. You sef u wud hv opened a shop for her or tell her to hustle as well or look for a job, its easy fr us to get a job, the make it mandatory dat contribution will b 50/50..or 60/40. men u guys hv com togeda to b one..forget dat MAN Provider mentallity nonsense. Oya drop dead n see if she wunt take care of her kid/kids by hustling. Op if u knw hw u cn start pinning ur mouth wen she talks plz kindly do. If she takes ur PEACE plz dnt beat her..Kindly n gently in a romantic way carry her back to her father/mother's house...dats our only refactory and reset mode but before u do dis make make sure YOU hv paid d current house rent and earning lil cash...ivn if its lil..Thank me later.

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by mrjaybaba(m): 6:12pm On Jul 02, 2017
women !

fear them..................

5 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Cholls(m): 6:13pm On Jul 02, 2017
my brother start something small that fetch you money.

4 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 02, 2017
Don't be fed up, be the man you used to be, a woman will always be a woman. Keep searching for another work/job, God will put smile to your face soon.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Ifyone123(f): 6:23pm On Jul 02, 2017
Its high time you men should stop giving us girls money but rather buy her gifts( d ones u cn afford o) if she cant cope wit it n she cheats or dares to break up..plz wit all joy.. let her go. She ent d kind dat cn giv u peace. Most fat men ar fat not mainly because of d food dia wives feeds on them but because of PEACE!!!

do u knw wat peace can giv? happiness, joy, etc..name dem.....well Op i undastand wat u ar goin tru. It gets into our heads wen we earn mor dan our spouse some/most times.

Advise for men: before u settle with her..make sure she is earning n make contribution for FAMILY(not only a man) upkeep. Marriages can b so sweet wen both couple take up home responsibilities happily because u dint marry her jst fr her to b on d receiving end. OP if she venture asks if u ar a man plzzzz denounce being a man. I swear dat will scatter her head.lol...well u made a mistake at 1st...dats wat Emeka ike is goin through now sha...so key into my suggestion if u can..d choosing is left for u

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 02, 2017
Bro the biggest headache in your story is that she keeps records and then she uses it to bully you when ever you get into argument with her

Now everything else seems like normal behavior of ladies, particularly the ones you started dating when you have already made something of your self.

The only solution is for you to remain calm in this period, perhaps these is the period you earn the tittle of the man of the house

I know what you are thinking.
If you remain calm, people and your wife may take you for a fool, but looking at the defination of a fool which is a person who has no idea of what he/she is doing. Keeping calm in your situation will not make you a fool

Finally, I know you will have heard these a thousand times, so it will be like music to your ears, but seriously you need to find something doing not for your own or your wife sake but the sake of your boy

Stay blessed

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by AndyCole16(m): 6:26pm On Jul 02, 2017
Ifyone123:
This is the reason most well doing men dont flaunt dia money wen dating girls. Like i once said "U know depth of loyalty from a woman wen her got noting..and d loyalty of a man wen he got everything" OP jst calmly tell her to b paying bills dat u will refund her back and started lookin fr a job, meanyl if u cn invest d lil u hv in MMM n b looking around fr anoda appoint. Broda if u finally get a job n she brings d list of fr u to refund jst tell her to giv u somtime, u shud go write a list of all u hv bin spending wen u both wia dating, all d money u spent on both white n traditional wedding and all d expenses u cn fabricate and tell her to pay up all diz tinz before u refund her money back. You sef u wud hv opened a shop for her or tell her to hustle as well or look for a job, its easy fr us to get a job, the make it mandatory dat contribution will b 50/50..or 60/40. men u guys hv com togeda to b one..forget dat MAN Provider mentallity nonsense. Oya drop dead n see if she wunt take care of her kid/kids by hustling. Op if u knw hw u cn start pinning ur mouth wen she talks plz kindly do. If she takes ur PEACE plz dnt beat her..Kindly n gently in a romantic way carry her back to her father/mother's house...dats our only refactory and reset mode but before u do dis make make sure YOU hv paid d current house renr and ar earning lil cash...ivn if its lil..Thank me later.

Seriously I like you

20 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by BiafraBushBoy(m): 6:40pm On Jul 02, 2017
Ifyone123:
This is the reason most well doing men dont flaunt dia money wen dating girls. Like i once said "U know d depth of loyalty from a woman wen her man got noting..and d loyalty of a man wen he got everything" OP jst calmly tell her to b paying bills dat u will refund her back and start lookin fr a job, meanyl if u cn invest d lil u hv in MMM n b looking around fr anoda appointment. Broda if u finally get a job n she brings d list of fr u to refund jst tell her to giv u somtime, u shud go write a list of all u hv bin spending wen u both wia dating, all d money u spent on both white n traditional wedding and all d expenses u cn fabricate and tell her to pay up all diz tinz before u refund her money back. You sef u wud hv opened a shop for her or tell her to hustle as well or look for a job, its easy fr us to get a job, the make it mandatory dat contribution will b 50/50..or 60/40. men u guys hv com togeda to b one..forget dat MAN Provider mentallity nonsense. Oya drop dead n see if she wunt take care of her kid/kids by hustling. Op if u knw hw u cn start pinning ur mouth wen she talks plz kindly do. If she takes ur PEACE plz dnt beat her..Kindly n gently in a romantic way carry her back to her father/mother's house...dats our only refactory and reset mode but before u do dis make make sure YOU hv paid d current house rent and earning lil cash...ivn if its lil..Thank me later.

You were making sense till you mentioned MMM.

Make I no land you brain resetting SLA....p

114 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Victornezzar: 6:41pm On Jul 02, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

lmao
dem collect ur money

60 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Ifyone123(f): 6:41pm On Jul 02, 2017
greyboy5000:
Bro the biggest headache in your story is that she keeps records and then she uses it to bully you when ever you get into argument with her

Now everything else seems like normal behavior of ladies, particularly the ones you started dating when you have already made something of your self.

The only solution is for you to remain calm in this period, perhaps these is the period you earn the tittle of the man of the house

If you remain calm, people and your wife may take you for a fool, but looking at the defination of a fool which is a person who has no idea of what he/she is doing. Keeping calm in your situation will not make you a fool

Finnaly, I know you will have heard these a thousand times, so it will be like music to your ears, but seriously you need to find something doing not for your own or your wife sake but the sake of your boy

Stay blessed

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Ifyone123(f): 6:45pm On Jul 02, 2017
greyboy5000:

Finnaly, I know you will have heard these a thousand times, so it will be like music to your ears, but seriously you need to find something doing not for your own or your wife sake but the sake of your boy

Stay blessed
I swear if he makes dat mistake of "sake of ur boy" den dats d begining of OPs end. Biko did he force himself to make a child? It is THEIR(Both man and woman) responsibility to care fr dia child. Remove dat "Sake" deceptive crap. Show ur boy love and giv him wen u can but if u do silly tinz ALONE for his sake...den ur doom awaits u..Abeg na both of una get pikin no b only u nor her

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by BlackMbakara1(m): 6:47pm On Jul 02, 2017
Ignore her, anything that will bring argument...

She will make nasty remarks just to get at you...bro Ignore!

I understand what you are saying...

16 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 02, 2017
Ifyone123:
I swear if he makes dat mistake of "sake of ur boy" den dats d begging of OPs end. Biko did he force himself to make a child? It is THEIR(Both man and woman) responsibility to care fr dia child. Remove dat "Sake" deceptive crap. Show ur boy love and giv him wen u can but if u do silly tinz ALONE for his sake...den ur doom awaits u..Abeg na both of una get pikin no b only u nor her
OK I get your point
But my comments was motivational in a way

Now the op is clearly feeling down at the moment so it is obvious he may not be motivated to go extra miles to change his situation
the wife may not motivate the op either because of her behaviour
But the son is neutral here, probably the only bright spark in ops marrige

That is why I used the son as a source of motivation and inspiration

3 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by thickminaj(f): 6:56pm On Jul 02, 2017
mylander:
Please advise.

I was in an employment of a bank until recently when my employment was terminated.

When I had the job, I took my family welfare as my priory. My wife and our only son were faring good, I always ensure we do not lack the basic necessities. Meanwhile, my wife did not have a job then. All the house upkeep expenses including the cost of running her postgraduate program were on me and I felt comfortable bearing the costs as the breadwinner of the family.

After I lost my job in the bank some month ago, my wife got an employment with the state govt. With her little income, she has been able to assist in bearing some expenses, even she pays for fuelling our car sometimes.

The drama has now started in the house and our marriage is on the verge of breaking up.

Any little issue, my wife will turn it to quarrel, different abuses. Funny enough, she would be referring to the financial supports she has been rendering in the house. This is a woman that did not work at all for 2 years and I was bearing all the expenses with pleasure. Now she had only supported me for about 4months now and she's is misbehaving.

To my surprise, my wife maintains a record in which she records every penny she spends in the house including food items and fuel. With this, she always ask me when will I pay him back.

At the instance of a simple argument/misunderstanding, my wife would be boasting of 'I paid for this, I paid for that....' 'If not for my support since you had problem at work......'

Please advise me, I am getting fed-up with the situation, my wife had changed totally.
sit her down... Talk to her about it.. .... She's probably thinking you've given up on looking for a job.. And that you've turned her to the bread winner.. Explain things to her... She's a woman she needs to be assured things will go back to the way they were

21 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Ifyone123(f): 7:00pm On Jul 02, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

Bro MMM stil pays ai...d reseason y i mentioned MMM is dat his MONEY works for him witout sweat...Den he cn direct his sweat into looking fr a job. N wen i said MMM i mean lil like 20/30/40k. He will b getting interesting witout sweats. d people dat ar crying on MMM brekdown ar d greedy ones...It wz ivn a serious from page warning on MMM 'Use you SPARE MONEY' but greed cn let piple knw sup. If i am stil wrong wif wat i hv jst said plz point it out.

Question: is it better he stays at home spending d lil he got? is it beta he spends d lil he got nw into transportation and noting is coming in? bro MMM cn solve dat problem. he gets interest fr it to run around n do oda tinz til he finds his feet or do u want him to beg his wife for transport money which will break his heart cz she must insult him or do u want him to go beg his friends for transport money n his friends will mock him/help a lil den stops at somtime or people dat wunt ivn help atool.

plz if am stil wrong...do fix me right, tnx

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 02, 2017
Victornezzar:

lmao
dem collect ur money

The thing pain am

3 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 02, 2017
mylander:
Please advise.

Bro message me privately let me tell you something.

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by GeneralOjukwu: 7:06pm On Jul 02, 2017
Sorry for your job loss

As someone said, tell your wife you would pay her back.

Try to fight less. When you finally get your job, do not pay her a dime. Show her your contributions too.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Woman Celebrates As Her Husband Marries A Second Wife (Photo) / Dearest Nigerians, People Are Suffering.. Read This! / Man Changes His Surname To His Mother’s Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.