Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,973 members, 7,821,408 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home (58548 Views)

"My Wife Left Me When I Lost My Job, She Wants Me Back Now There Is Money?" / Losing My Dad & Dealing With Lazy Relatives: My Experience / My Husband Broke Up With Me Because I'm Yet To Conceive. Losing My Mind.. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by kuruf: 8:16pm On Jul 02, 2017
Adim sorry.....them no dey chop woman for free ooo n marriage no dey for woman money
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by kaziblake(f): 8:16pm On Jul 02, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

You were making sense till you mentioned MMM.

Make I no land you brain resetting SLA....p
Lol grin
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 02, 2017
praxisnetworks:
You are a neophyte

Why don't you enlighten us from your pearls of wisdom O ancient one
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by nkemdi89(f): 8:17pm On Jul 02, 2017
Try getting a teaching job in one of all these private schools, attached it with private tutor job, GCE lessons, so many educational part time job you can do, money must be made .

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Ifyone123(f): 8:18pm On Jul 02, 2017
misano:

Dis madam is wicked. Ha ha... can't stop laughing.
broda..if na lie i lie on d "rest mode" tin abeg tell me....do u knw wat PEACE means to Humans?
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by praxisnetworks: 8:18pm On Jul 02, 2017
neoapocalypse:

Why don't you enlighten us from your pearls of wisdom O ancient one
He should divorce the twa.t of a woman.... And see about getting his groove back... He needs his peace and health. No woman is worth that.
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by emilyone(f): 8:18pm On Jul 02, 2017
connectpoint:
This demon lives in 90% of women..they will frustrate your life...why do you think many men dress corporate only to be roaming the streets op?
grin
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by imitateMe(m): 8:18pm On Jul 02, 2017
FortuneTeller:
Op, a woman cannot have respect for a man who does not work while she pays all the bills. Please hurry and get a job, so things can go back to the way they were.
No sane man can be comfortable with such a stingy woman. If he gets a good job, he should just divorce her!

4 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Rossikki: 8:19pm On Jul 02, 2017
YelloweWest:
Op I'll be honest with u.
It is a man's responsibility to provide for his family.
It is a woman's responsibility to take care of the home and kids.
Anything that alters this position will definitely bring friction in the home.

If you want your marriage to work u need to see things from your partner standpoint.

Your logic is based on sheer wickedness and thoughtlessness. What if the man falls sick and cannot work? What if he's in business and govt seizes his goods? In life anything can happen. What is the point of marriage vows made before God - ''For richer for poorer, in sickness and in health''?

Is that just another meaningless phrase done on a wedding day? If it is, then why bother saying it, and lying to God? Instead of lying before your maker, simply remove those words and state the truth, ie ''If he's rich we will be fine, but if he's not, I cannot stand him.'' Why lie?

Women need to understand that there is more to life than money. Love, commitment, honour, loyalty, selflessness MATTER, or we are little more than wild animals in the bush.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by imitateMe(m): 8:20pm On Jul 02, 2017
I still find it difficult to believe a woman would decide to spend the rest of her life with a man she doesn't love. Women no get sense o. I'm not getting married. undecided

6 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by muller101(m): 8:20pm On Jul 02, 2017
What's my business.team baby papas
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by andyanders: 8:20pm On Jul 02, 2017
Op, you need not worry about how your wife behaves right now, rather, focus on how to get something that will be giving you returns. When you get back to your feet, you will now know that most women are hard to please.

Have heard many guys like your issue and they worked hard to overcome their condition and now they are happier than ever. If you keep getting worried over her attitude, you suffer for life. The solution is to ignore her and do as if she does not exist and never show her that you are annoyed while looking for a way out.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by DukeNija(m): 8:22pm On Jul 02, 2017
Billyonaire:

Hammer isn't that too harsh ?

The guy thinks he has made sense. Forgetting that even successful businesses crumble.
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by BiafraBushBoy(m): 8:22pm On Jul 02, 2017
kaziblake:
Lol grin

angry angry... Your signature sef.
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Ifyone123(f): 8:23pm On Jul 02, 2017
kaziblake:
That girl is a scammer.
kazi...plz did i ask u to provide anytin to me to register u on MMM? y u dey call me scammer...dnt make me com fr u o..i hv jst bin lenient wit u. Biko lets avoid fights
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by NoWorries7(m): 8:23pm On Jul 02, 2017
Be wise... Its not good, to give a woman, everything she wants... For your own Good. Only meet up with 60% of her demand...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 02, 2017
emilyone:

grin

thank goodness my sisters agree with me.. wink
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Basseybruce: 8:24pm On Jul 02, 2017
Victornezzar:
Op i understand her pains...its normal with women
Dis ur case was d same case with my uncle
Don't know weda dey wer controlling him from village......He lost his job....His wife had a big shop wer she do sell all dis kitchen utensils.....she was complaining oo but my uncle kept calm....she was responsible 4 everything in deir family.....my uncle felt dat d whole world was against him....its dat period u would know hu ur real friends are.....But today it's a forgotten issue...he's living well with his family.
so don't ever regret getting married
Sh*t like dis happens
Btw u too start something doing so at least u can be supporting her
Even if it's little....God will increase u
btw Pm me
let's talk more on dis
will av 2 connect u with my uncle so u would hear more from him
Thank U, you just portrayed one of the gestures why NAIRALAND was created. God bless u as u do that which u've promised. Am humbled.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by kaziblake(f): 8:24pm On Jul 02, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

angry angry... Your signature sef.
A victim cry
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by hulla12: 8:25pm On Jul 02, 2017
I feel, I need to blame you for all this, it all boils down to foundation right from when you were dating. U used money to get her. U never get to study her and turn a blind eye to everything. You could have seen it coming.
Secondly your inability to diversify income aswell got u to this mess, while you were earning big, u could have invested in something or atleast start a little business. But the bankers mentality wont allow you.
My advice Is go get something doing and win your respect back
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by unisnaira: 8:26pm On Jul 02, 2017
MAKE MONEY ON MMM, MMM, MMM, MMM. Click on the link below

http:///?i=nanamomoh@yahoo.com

Click on the link above to register yourself on MMM. 30% return on investment after 1 month of registration. Invest immediately by clicking on PROVIDE HELP and enter the amount you want to invest.

For example, if you invest say #100,000 today, you will get #130,000 plus first time bonus, as your cash out after one month might amount to #143,000.

Invest #50,000 to get #65,000 after 1 month
Invest #100,000 to get #130,000 after 1 month
Invest #200,000 to get #260,000 after 1 month
Invest #500,000 to get #650,000 after 1 month
Invest #1,000,000 to get #1,300,000 after 1 month

Thanks
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Victornezzar: 8:27pm On Jul 02, 2017
Basseybruce:
Thank U, you just portrayed one of the gestures why NAIRALAND was created. God bless u as u do that which u've promised. Am humbled.
u wlc
Is dat ow ur wife behaves
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by realtalk19: 8:29pm On Jul 02, 2017
its well o. this is the 11th month my hubby got sacked from work. i work as a school admin and my salary isnt up to 30k but i av bin responsible for utility bills, feeding and my child's school fees deposits. in btw i got pregnant and nursed d pregnancy till i put to bed.my hubby was only able to struggle tru paying 6 months rent,hospital registration and 2 scans. d rest was on me.i use general hospital so d bill wunt b much.i bought d baby tins,did 7 scans and transport to and fro hospital on each apppointment is on me. i also pay d person who takes my daughter to and fro school.

i use evry penny i get to sustain d family.

i just put to bed 1month ago tru emergency CS and wit no dime on me and hubby i had to cal my mum for help to clear d bill so i dnt bcom tenant in d hospital.

i am on maternity leave now and wunt resume until september so i can recover well. my boss wil only pay half of my salary.
am yet to recieve salary for june.

i am relly praying and hoping God favors my husband.hes trying evry clean means to provide for us. he has lost his respect wit my mum cos no mony and av cried so bitterly coz of our situation.

i blive as long as God is still God i wil testify soon and this tough phase wil pass.

OP it is well wit u.may God lift u up again to take up ur responsibility.try get sometin to do no matter how small.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Aystarz: 8:29pm On Jul 02, 2017
Secretario:
Anytime i say love is conditional...
People look at me like an alien.

Brother, you have seen and as a first hand witness...
Your wife no try at all.

I am not married so i will not say much...
If a woman is becoming toxic, unhappiness has set in.

I pray you get a job soon...
At least to pay back what you owe in her account book.

How to survive the Buhari recession in Nigeria (6 Tips that gets you more money)

Do what you wish after that!
Lalasticlcla, mynd44

I swear your post reminds of toks2008. He's always maintained on here that the modern day marriage is conditional...... But of course many disagreed.
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by stukinherdr1222(m): 8:29pm On Jul 02, 2017
FortuneTeller:

Do you know how many people in the US and UK have GERD? An employer would laugh in your face over this excuse. Only in Nigeria can such a disease stop someone from working. Get up lazy man and find a job. Support your family!!

US and UK ? GERD, DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT MEANS ? I HAVE BEEN MANAGING THAT SICKNESS FOR TWO YEARS NOW . . . . IT GOT WORST WHEN I LOST MY JOB . . . . BECAUSE I COULD NOT AFFORD THE DRUGS VERY MUCH . . . .YOU MAY WANT TO RECOMMEND A DRUG IF YOU KNOW THE SICKNESS VERY AND HOW YOUR UK AND US PEOPLE WERE ABLE TO FIX THEIRS . . .

MAYBE YOU DON`T KNOW ``HEALTH IS WEALTH `` AND WE COME HERE FOR ADVICE NOT INSULT STOP THROWING SHIT AT PEOPLE IF YOU CANNOT HELP THEM . .. A SIMPLE ADVICE WOULD HAVE HELP THAN CALLING ME LAZY MAN .

I PRAY TO ALMIGHTY GOD ,MAY YOU NOT EXPERIENCE LITTLE OF WHAT AM GOING THROUGH . . . .
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by jaychubi: 8:30pm On Jul 02, 2017
Rolly83:
I really feel your pain bro.But from what I deduce from your write-up I can tell u boldly that she doesn't love u!!! It's a hard fact to accept!! But that's the truth...To her you are irritating and a liability!! Please please if you can try to see if u can start something(maybe a business) until you're able to get another job.

Lol u are simply a proper goat, all love is conditional on finance
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Emanodimo(m): 8:32pm On Jul 02, 2017
eph12:

So this is normal? How is this normal? This can make a guy depressed or consider doing some illegal shite and we will come back to blame the guy.

Normal in the sense of general reaction you can get from most women.

Let us relate it with two guys...it will look like almost thesame.
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by ndidibabe(f): 8:33pm On Jul 02, 2017
mylander:
Please advise.

I was in an employment of a bank until recently when my employment was terminated.

When I had the job, I took my family welfare as my priory. My wife and our only son were faring good, I always ensure we do not lack the basic necessities. Meanwhile, my wife did not have a job then. All the house upkeep expenses including the cost of running her postgraduate program were on me and I felt comfortable bearing the costs as the breadwinner of the family.

After I lost my job in the bank some month ago, my wife got an employment with the state govt. With her little income, she has been able to assist in bearing some expenses, even she pays for fuelling our car sometimes.

The drama has now started in the house and our marriage is on the verge of breaking up.

Any little issue, my wife will turn it to quarrel, different abuses. Funny enough, she would be referring to the financial supports she has been rendering in the house. This is a woman that did not work at all for 2 years and I was bearing all the expenses with pleasure. Now she had only supported me for about 4months now and she's is misbehaving.

To my surprise, my wife maintains a record in which she records every penny she spends in the house including food items and fuel. With this, she always ask me when will I pay him back.

At the instance of a simple argument/misunderstanding, my wife would be boasting of 'I paid for this, I paid for that....' 'If not for my support since you had problem at work......'

Please advise me, I am getting fed-up with the situation, my wife had changed totally.
What was your level before the termination?
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by BiafraBushBoy(m): 8:33pm On Jul 02, 2017
kaziblake:
A victim cry

Who is the Idiot that did that to you na?? angry

Don't mind bad boys... they will all suffer same things sad
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by CapitalCee(m): 8:35pm On Jul 02, 2017
PaperLace:
People will tell you it's normal, but that's a lie. When I see men ranting on how they can never marry a woman who earns more _because she won't respect then, I just know they are yet to experience true respect. Sadly, that's the mentality of the average man, using money to earn respect and love.

A woman who truly loves and respect you won't change to insult you. She will be stressed, but definitely not to come up with disgusting attitudes. Some Nigerian men are only respected (pseudo-respect) by their wives and kids because of that provisional role. That's why once they lose it, the respect goes down the drain and they start blaming it on women. No, it's not women, you were never respected.

My husband's colleague was asked to resign and she started crying, you would think someone died. She was the breadwinner of her home, no one knew till that day. There are so any women like that, they love and respect their husbands _ in riches or not.

Your wife never loved or respected you. Maybe you didn't know, maybe you knew_and like so many other men, you never knew this day would come. Pick yourself up, use the contacts you made in the banking industry, you shall excel again.

This is the best comment I have read on nairaland, most men don't know this. Once I notice any kind of attitude from a lady concerning money, I will move the person on. There is this girl that I was dating before, I once told her that I am a little broke at that moment, she screamed why will you be broke?! From that day I commenced the process of cutting her off.
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by stukinherdr1222(m): 8:35pm On Jul 02, 2017
Victornezzar:

hope ur treating ur sickness

I GOT PANTHOCID FROM A FRIEND IN INDIA , ITS VERY EXPENSIVE NOW I USE NEXIUM ,I CANNOT AFFORD THAT ANYMORE . .

I KNOW THINGS WILL GET BETTER VERY SOON BUT HOW SOON . ..

I REALLY DON`T KNOW WHAT TO DO TO MY WIFE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Bride-to-be Returns From Church, Had Lunch, Slept & Then Died / Why Do Some Married Women Enjoy Their Husband Begging For Sex? / Funny Letter Of Husband To Wife About Their Sex Life And Wife's Response

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.