Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home (58513 Views)

"My Wife Left Me When I Lost My Job, She Wants Me Back Now There Is Money?" / Losing My Dad & Dealing With Lazy Relatives: My Experience / My Husband Broke Up With Me Because I'm Yet To Conceive. Losing My Mind.. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Ten06(m): 7:18pm On Jul 02, 2017
Fabulocity:
Someone once said that it's big trouble when the wife is the one financing the home while the husband is idle. Ogbeni, I really don't blame her. As a man, you're the head of the home and you should act as such, so don't come here saying you were the one paying for everything, that's sort of your job. I'm not justifying her actions oh, it's unfortunate that you are stuck with such a selfish and impatient woman that doesn't understand what having your back means. What I'll tell you to do is to find a new job or at least get busy. Please forgive your wife, she doesn't know what she's doing. Don't ever try to punish or get back at her for her unreasonable actions.

9 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Victornezzar: 7:18pm On Jul 02, 2017
sonofLuci:

grin
e be like say u neva do ponzi b4
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by gatiano(m): 7:19pm On Jul 02, 2017
Do you want the truth or sweet patting on your back or shoulder? I share it with you from experience.

mylander:
Please advise.

I was in an employment of a bank until recently when my employment was terminated.

When I had the job, I took my family welfare as my priory. My wife and our only son were faring good, I always ensure we do not lack the basic necessities. Meanwhile, my wife did not have a job then. All the house upkeep expenses including the cost of running her postgraduate program were on me and I felt comfortable bearing the costs as the breadwinner of the family.

After I lost my job in the bank some month ago, my wife got an employment with the state govt. With her little income, she has been able to assist in bearing some expenses, even she pays for fuelling our car sometimes.

The drama has now started in the house and our marriage is on the verge of breaking up.

Any little issue, my wife will turn it to quarrel, different abuses. Funny enough, she would be referring to the financial supports she has been rendering in the house. This is a woman that did not work at all for 2 years and I was bearing all the expenses with pleasure. Now she had only supported me for about 4months now and she's is misbehaving.

To my surprise, my wife maintains a record in which she records every penny she spends in the house including food items and fuel. With this, she always ask me when will I pay him back.

At the instance of a simple argument/misunderstanding, my wife would be boasting of 'I paid for this, I paid for that....' 'If not for my support since you had problem at work......'

Please advise me, I am getting fed-up with the situation, my wife had changed totally.
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by israelmao(m): 7:19pm On Jul 02, 2017
My sincere sympathy.Some women can't just endure with men for one minute.Women are like babies who are only mindful of available luxuries once they vanish you would hardly see them around.

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by wristbangle: 7:20pm On Jul 02, 2017
I would advice you put in more energy to searching for another job even if the pay is below what you were earning at your previous job or probably start up a business by getting a loan hence moving your feet back on strong financial ground to cater for your family upkeeps (I mean your children majorly).

I won't say you should ignore your wife when your riches have return but be very prudent with the way you spend on her.

This is the only way you can manage the situation. Just try envelope the insult thrown from your wife ( a gold digger) at the moment.

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 02, 2017
Victornezzar:

e be like say u neva do ponzi b4

LOL as a G boi you no fit scan me na so why I go do ponzi when na my work ni grin
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 02, 2017
It's another one...
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by salford1: 7:21pm On Jul 02, 2017
its when a man is down that you would really know the type of wife u married.

6 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by jay2smart19(m): 7:22pm On Jul 02, 2017
Victornezzar:
Op i understand her pains...its normal with women
Dis ur case was d same case with my uncle
Don't know weda dey wer controlling him from village......He lost his job....His wife had a big shop wer she do sell all dis kitchen utensils.....she was complaining oo but my uncle kept calm....she was responsible 4 everything in deir family.....my uncle felt dat d whole world was against him....its dat period u would know hu ur real friends are.....But today it's a forgotten issue...he's living well with his family.
so don't ever regret getting married
Sh*t like dis happens
Btw u too start something doing so at least u can be supporting her
Even if it's little....God will increase u
btw Pm me
let's talk more on dis
will av 2 connect u with my uncle so u would hear more from him
bros it's not common. dat woman is nt a wife jor. I just learnt from a close FAM frnd dat he was jobless for almost two years and non of us knew it. the wife is a primary schl teacher. she still respected n loved d man within dat period. if not dat he kind of told us in a gist, non of us knew it. na woman wey knw God and has respect from home and does not keep crazy frnds and believe in book authors dan she believe in her husband. oluwa show me d way.

16 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Emanodimo(m): 7:22pm On Jul 02, 2017
Just a normal reaction from women. She is pushing you to get back on your feet, not to bow to defeat on job matter.
I will suggest u need more patience till u get something doing.
Think on what u can do aside looking for job... With your banking experience u can find ursef with Microfinance bank...

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Victornezzar: 7:22pm On Jul 02, 2017
sonofLuci:

LOL as a G boi you no fit scan me na so why I go do ponzi when na my work ni grin
But ponzi scheme still dey function ni
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by dejt4u(m): 7:23pm On Jul 02, 2017
InvertedHammer:

I said here on NL on many occasions that bankers should endeavour to have a second source of livelihood because of the volatile nature of the industry in Nigeria.

But you thought you knew better than the master. Carry your cross. He who fails to plan, plans to fail. Congratulations! Just because of feeding the family you think she is insulting you. Wait until she gets a boyfriend, you will see real insolence.

You might be one of those that run their mouth instead of heeding a simple advice like those MMM knuckleheads that were insulting just about anyone that was against their gambling addictions/affliction.

\
pls reply to the PM I sent to you
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by eph12(m): 7:23pm On Jul 02, 2017
I can never marry someone that's not working. She has to be responsible for something in the family, whether it's feeding, rent, school fees or building our house.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Victornezzar: 7:23pm On Jul 02, 2017
jay2smart19:

bros it's not common. dat woman is nt a wife jor. I just learnt from a close FAM frnd dat he was jobless for almost two years and non of us knew it. the wife is a primary schl teacher. she still respected n loved d man within dat period. if not dat he kind of told us in a gist, non of us knew it. na woman wey knw God and has respect from home and does not keep crazy frnds and believe in book authors dan she believe in her husband. oluwa show me d way.
u may be ryt
not all women behave like ur friend's wife

3 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Ifyone123(f): 7:24pm On Jul 02, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

Lol... oya borrow me your spare money, let me do MMM...

Any "investment" you do with spare money (Money you can afford to lose) is not an investment...

It is gambling!!

Take note sweety!!
Lol...ivn d so called investment is a gamble(dats if u knw wat gambling is)..Let me make it easy.

Investment: Risk

gamble: Risk

Investment: Loses ar inevitable

Gamble: Loses ar inevitable

If am stil wrong..fix me right
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by dingbang(m): 7:24pm On Jul 02, 2017
sweerychick:
Im sorry for your condition, but its obvious u have a greedy and selfish woman as a wife. Lord knows that i cant insult my husband cos of his condition. When u guys exchanged vows she forgot abt the part of good times and bad times so it is all abt her enjoying without remembering your sacrifice towards her. Keep the faith and hope alive God wil sure reward ur pains wt joy. remember the story of job.. dont loose hope. cheers
na so.. Wait until the moment comes... Pray that the devil don't take hold of u

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 02, 2017
She's not a gold digger. What gold is there to dig in a banker's salary anyway? Many women would react that way especially if they feel the husband has gotten too comfortable with them financing the home, and if he isn't making any effort at finding a new job. She's simply reminding him to be a MAN and resume his responsibilities once again. Although she's doing this the wrong way.
wristbangle:
I would advice you put in more energy to searching for another job even if the pay is below what you were earning at your previous job or probably start up a business by getting a loan hence moving your feet back on strong financial ground to cater for your family upkeeps (I mean your children majorly).

I won't say you should ignore your wife when your riches have return but be very prudent with the way you spend on her.

This is the only way you can manage the situation. Just try envelope the insult thrown from your wife ( a gold digger) at the moment.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by micflo28(m): 7:26pm On Jul 02, 2017
Very mature narration @op but lacked complete exploration of variety of options. Good thing you have been in a banks employ for an appreciable time, which indicates you have some savings and have a second option following the nature of bank jobs and the already battered economy. loose no time and get to work by starting a business with your savings. Carefully stir your business prudently and reap far more than what you earned while working as a banker. Consider opening a large expanse of poultry, fish pond fashion outfit or a laundry outfit. Good thing you mentioned you own a car, consider registering under uber and make twice what taxi drivers make. Sit and think and don't just lament. A second option is the only way out and business is the best escape route.I wish you well in your future endeavors.

6 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 02, 2017
No mind them. Na so dem go dey run their mouth. The woman is wrong in her actions but I really can't blame her. It takes great grace not to react in the same way the woman did.
dingbang:
na so.. Wait until the moment comes... Pray that the devil don't take hold of u
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Rhozabeth(m): 7:26pm On Jul 02, 2017
Bros what is happening to u is nothing unusual, i can guarantee u that more than 98% of women will behave that way, only very few (2%) will behave otherwise! My advice to u sir,, intensify ur effort at getting another job, pray hard and dont forget to pray for ur wife and i tell u this will become history soon and never report ur wife to ANYBODY! I wish u luck!

5 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by donestk(m): 7:27pm On Jul 02, 2017
Women always support their own

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by keypad1: 7:27pm On Jul 02, 2017
So there is no gender equalilty here right? Why women wicked like this?

4 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by sexy74(m): 7:27pm On Jul 02, 2017
mylander:
Please advise.

I was in an employment of a bank until recently when my employment was terminated.

When I had the job, I took my family welfare as my priory. My wife and our only son were faring good, I always ensure we do not lack the basic necessities. Meanwhile, my wife did not have a job then. All the house upkeep expenses including the cost of running her postgraduate program were on me and I felt comfortable bearing the costs as the breadwinner of the family.

After I lost my job in the bank some month ago, my wife got an employment with the state govt. With her little income, she has been able to assist in bearing some expenses, even she pays for fuelling our car sometimes.

The drama has now started in the house and our marriage is on the verge of breaking up.

Any little issue, my wife will turn it to quarrel, different abuses. Funny enough, she would be referring to the financial supports she has been rendering in the house. This is a woman that did not work at all for 2 years and I was bearing all the expenses with pleasure. Now she had only supported me for about 4months now and she's is misbehaving.

To my surprise, my wife maintains a record in which she records every penny she spends in the house including food items and fuel. With this, she always ask me when will I pay him back.

At the instance of a simple argument/misunderstanding, my wife would be boasting of 'I paid for this, I paid for that....' 'If not for my support since you had problem at work......'

Please advise me, I am getting fed-up with the situation, my wife had changed totally.
My guy my advice to you is to get a book yourself too and write down every expenses she spends that relates to you directly or would I say personal to you. It is always bound to happen that's why I beg God that my wife will never provided for me, people might say its stupidity but it saves you much agony.
Now never let her nagging make you a less human, when ever she does anything you are not down with please and please again put your foot down and make her understand and know her boundaries.
You will surely come out strong that I know I believe.
Never lose focus in all you do,God be with you.

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 02, 2017
Victornezzar:

But ponzi scheme still dey function ni

Okay lol as e still they function go put help for mmm na grin grin
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by bayulll011(m): 7:28pm On Jul 02, 2017
mylander:
Please advise.

I was in an employment of a bank until recently when anged totally.

marriage that thing scare shiit out of me,bros u never had wife that is considerate in the first place I always say this always look well before you marry not all ladies are marriagle..yes money is good for home and you need it to sustain life's and living,try get another job and know that your wife is not a real woman

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by dingbang(m): 7:28pm On Jul 02, 2017
Fabulocity:
No mind them. Na so dem go dey run their mouth. The woman is wrong in her actions but I really can't blame her. It takes great grace not to react in the same way the woman did.
ha.. My mum na champion o... My dad will provide but she won't complain..when she borrows him money and he doenst give back soon, she will just be grumbling in my front... I will just Smh.. And be like.. Lord, let this cup pass away from me grin

3 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by Mccullum: 7:29pm On Jul 02, 2017
she's showing you her real attitude by running marriage like business institution as she's recording all money spent by both of you in order to collect it back when you get money but my advice for you is just continue to pray and think of what you can do to survive, that will restore your authority back. Then you'll know how to handle your wife as her real picture of character has been shown to you.
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by dingbang(m): 7:29pm On Jul 02, 2017
FortuneTeller:
Op, a woman cannot have respect for a man who does not work while she pays all the bills. Please hurry and get a job, so things can go back to the way they were.
what kind of stupid woman is that?

6 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by keypad1: 7:30pm On Jul 02, 2017
Fabulocity:
no gender equality in this case abi? What happen to what a man can do a woman can do better?

7 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by waldigit: 7:30pm On Jul 02, 2017
mylander:
Please advise.

Bro I tell you majority of women are like that. Only very few percentage may be different. I have told you that from experience. But as a banker I expect you to have mastered many things in your career that can make you free financially.
Pls. try farming like poultry also go and train for forex trading. As a banker if you had mastered forex trading you would have been the one that would have sacked your bank an not other way round.
Re: I Lost My Job, Now I Am Losing My Dignity At Home by eph12(m): 7:30pm On Jul 02, 2017
Emanodimo:
Just a normal reaction from women. She is pushing you to get back on your feet, not to bow to defeat on job matter.
I will suggest u need more patience till u get something doing.
Think on what u can do aside looking for job... With your banking experience u can find ursef with Microfinance bank...
So this is normal? How is this normal? This can make a guy depressed or consider doing some illegal shite and we will come back to blame the guy.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Woman Beaten By Her Husband For Refusing To Have Early Morning Sex (Photo) / Onime Kennedy: Missing Man (Photos) / Why Do Some Married Women Enjoy Their Husband Begging For Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.