Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,347 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida (8042 Views)

Almajiri Voting In The North. "Fear Not" Not = North (photos) / For Nigerians: US Is The Biggest Evil NOT North Korea (2) / To Nigerians: US Regime Is The Biggest Evil Not North Korea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by cumbak60: 5:40pm On Jul 03, 2017
givbitcoin:

Maybe history will repeat itself soon. To the Southerners that love causing problems, tell me, are you going to fight by throwing pure water at us? Or will you haul stones? I laugh at you
Arrogance at its peak. angry

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Ogbuefi2020: 5:41pm On Jul 03, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Minority yes, similar culture no.
Where are you from
This is where i am having issues with the south south people, they now use this south south to make some disturbing claims
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Ogbuefi2020: 5:42pm On Jul 03, 2017
GoroTango:
Not according to IPOB
Are you not tired of your attention whoring??

4 Likes

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by TimeMod1: 5:42pm On Jul 03, 2017
givbitcoin:

[s]Before the advent of colonialism, we had defeated all what is today known as Northern Nigeria. We conquered, to a large extent, the ancient Yoruba kingdom. We put Ibos to rout during their Biafra craze.

In all these, we said no victor, no vanquished. That is magnanimity. Tell me, where else in this whole world has a nation conquered another in a fair battle and still choose to dine on the same table with them.

And here, the Yoruba have contaminated some ethnic groups with their disloyalty and backstabbing and everybody is talking nonsense[/s].

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:43pm On Jul 03, 2017
Ogbuefi2020:

Big lie, Igbos are culturally related to Ibibio than any other south south group, secondly, Aba is more coastal than Auchi, and not all south south are minorities as there is substantial igbo population in Rivers and Delta. There is nothing binding the south south. Its just a way to separate the minorities to avoid suspicion of domination which was done by the Igbos themselves
Don't mind them, they tactically caused division and confusion and weakened the old eastern region.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Kyase(m): 5:43pm On Jul 03, 2017
Proudlyngwa:
Both have failed, I agree, but which has failed more.
The state
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 5:44pm On Jul 03, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Lol similar culture and topography between akwaibom, cross river and Edo.
I laugh in swahili

Geographically you are from the south west.
Bringing politics into geographic landmarks was a tactical masters token to weaken the south eastern region.
ae t

Are you trolling or you are serious ? Edo state I agree represents a compromise but there are many commonalities that make it logical to be in the South South.
1. We have oil wells and the largest inland gas reserve.
2. We share border and culture with Delta.
3. We share a common political history with Delta.
4.We have swampy terrain and even mangrove forests at Ologbo and Gelegele
4. There are a multiplicity of tribes and religions in Edo who all did not object to being grouped in the Niger Delta.

What is your ?

@Proudlyngwa:A South-Easterner with presidential ambitions proposed the system. Are you saying he wanted to weaken his own region ?
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by AbuMaryam1(m): 5:44pm On Jul 03, 2017
Mujtahida:

We have to be proactive. Even in this space we can generate awareness for other Nigerians to see us how we want to be seen. We have for too long been appendages to the North in an unequal arrangement. I do not seek to propagate hate or division or contempt against anybody or section. I respect the Hausa man and the Fulani. But I realise that to tag us as North Central is to foist a fraud on us for purposes of political gains which do not in the truest sense bring about national development.

We should also use this thread to educate those in the South West, South East and deep South on the ethnic configurations and complexities of the middle belt and even the North so that their understanding can be broadened. Too many of them are shockingly and abysmally bereft of this critical knowledge and their viewing us through the prism of the North only further entrenches the power of the North.

In truth, a sober reflection on the middle belt will show that we are the hands and legs of the North. As unfortunate as it is, it was our fathers that formed the bulk of the rank and file that fought the civil war and ever since the war we have been hypnotised by some strange political spell to do the will of the North. We say No to that from henceforth. Our loyalty is to Nigeria because I believe(and I hope I am not wrong) that most of us from the Middlebelt love Nigeria and though we decry the present system we would gladly embrace a Nigeria that embraces all.

Let us create consciousness. Eventually behaviour will align with consciousness. I greet you all.

Sir you are a confutionist. The agitators calls you northerner when the deal didn't suite them, and vice Verser. Kindly discuss the issue with David mark before coming to public domain. I'm sure you will realized where to put your blames.
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by TheKingdom: 5:45pm On Jul 03, 2017
What a zoo, what a Ni.gger Area
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:46pm On Jul 03, 2017
Kyase:
The state

Very correct, until we have true devolution of power at state levels, with local government chairmen and councilors knowing their responsibilities and limitations, there won't be any development.
What do you intend achieving with middle belt

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Mujtahida: 5:48pm On Jul 03, 2017
Curlieweed:

Fair enough. Thanks for clarifying. I didn't want to prematurely accuse you of intellectual hypocrisy.

However, I doubt if most of us looking to secede from the current federation do so because we are worried about a dominant North. We simply want to build a genuine nation with people that share the same values, vision and history.

There are good people all over the planet (and bad individuals as well) but nations exist out of consent or desire to live together and the will to perpetuate the value of a common heritage in an undivided form. It has nothing to do with whether the other people (outside your nation) are good or bad ( even if you can use such simplistic descriptions on whole ethnicities).
Homogeneity can be the basis of a nation (for example the Nations of Europe but even at that astonishingly there are up to 111secessionist groups and movements scattered all over Europe 18 in Spain alone) and it might not be (India is a nation that has over two thousand ethnic groups even after Pakistan broke away oo China has at least 56, Indonesia has 300).
Somalia is homogeneous both in terms of ethnic and religious make up(they are even an ancient Kingdom) yet it fought a long war and is generally regarded as a failed state.
So my point is that beyond homogeneity or heterogeneity something more is needed to build a nation. We have lacked that extra something in Nigeria.

As regards the rhetorical question you asked let me turn the converse on you and ask: could those clamouring for their own Republic today have done so in the absence of Northern domination?
You are right about the good and bad categories. It's in all people's. It's part of our human condition.
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by tuniski: 5:49pm On Jul 03, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Is it a geographic region or cultural region.

And where and where makes up the region.
From kwara to taraba and all the other minority tribes of kaduna,bauchi and Gombe. It is the entirety of ethnic minority tribes in the middle of the geography nigeria!
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:51pm On Jul 03, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:
ae t

Are you trolling or you are serious ? Edo state I agree represents a compromise but there are many commonalities that make it logical to be in the South South.
4. There are a multiplicity of tribes and religions in Edo who all did not object to being grouped in the Niger Delta.

What is your point ?

Chai see analysis.
Is oil well part of culture or topography.
Is multiplicity of tribes and religion part of culture
Is common political history part of culture
Is swampy terrain unique to the so called south south.

Chairman what exactly qualifies you to be called south south together with crossriver, other than you people are minority speaking tribes.

Geographically you are from the south western part of the country.

I don't know who proposed it, but I certainly know it was the evil genius who executed it.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Ogbuefi2020: 5:53pm On Jul 03, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:
ae t

What is your point ?
Everything you are enumerating is meaningless, Edo was put into "South South" simply to separate you from yoruba and igbo, there is nothing common between the different states that make south south, whatever commonalities you share with delta more of such is even shared between delta and anambra, or between Imo and Rivers or Abia and RIvers and Akwa Ibom
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Mujtahida: 5:54pm On Jul 03, 2017
AbuMaryam1:

Sir you are a confutionist. The agitators calls you northerner when the deal didn't suite them, and vice Verser. Kindly discuss the issue with David mark before coming to public domain. I'm sure you will realized where to put your blames.
Don't worry about David Mark. He even worked against a Buhari Presidency (pro Northern interest). Jerry Gana has spoken our minds. I think you should go speak to him. And come on Maryam I trust that you'd like to be accorded respect and treated as a Lady. So don't in call me confusionist. We might have different views but we should be civil cos I can be very brutal ooo. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:54pm On Jul 03, 2017
tuniski:

From kwara to taraba and all the other minority tribes of kaduna,bauchi and Gombe. It is the entirety of ethnic minority tribes in the middle of the geography nigeria!

So you are just a group of minority speaking people, not necessarily related by language or geography.
As I can't see the relationship between kwara and taraba

1 Like

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 03, 2017
Ogbuefi2020:

Are you not tired of your attention whoring??
You can always fu^k off
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 5:57pm On Jul 03, 2017
Ogbuefi2020:

Everything you are enumerating is meaningless, Edo was put into "South South" simply to separate you from yoruba and igbo, there is nothing common between the different states that make south south, whatever commonalities you share with delta more of such is even shared between delta and anambra, or between Imo and Rivers or Abia and RIvers and Akwa Ibom

You are very funny. We have been seperate from the yoruba and Ibo since the mid west referendum. Are you conversant with any bit of Nigerian history ?
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 5:57pm On Jul 03, 2017
Ogbuefi2020:

You are very funny.
We have been separate from the yoruba since the Mid West referendum. We have never been part of Ibo. The Obi of Onitsha and Agbor were (are?) vassal to the Oba of Benin.

Are you conversant with any bit of Nigerian history ?
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Ogbuefi2020: 6:02pm On Jul 03, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

You are very funny. We have been seperate from the yoruba and Ibo since the mid west referendum. Are you conversant with any bit of Nigerian history ?
before the creation of geopolitical zones, Midwest has already been dissolved into states (Edo and Delta). When the geopolitical grouping came up, it make more geographical sense to put Edo with southwest and cross river and Akwa Ibom in South east but there will be complain about domination by majority ethnic group, that was the only basis with which Edo can be in same zone with cross River, no similarity whatsoever. Moreover, you were only separated from yorubas during the Midwest Era, not Igbos, remember Dennis Osadebe, an igboman was the first to rule Midwest

1 Like

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 6:07pm On Jul 03, 2017
Ogbuefi2020:

before the creation of geopolitical zones, Midwest has already been dissolved into states (Edo and Delta). When the geopolitical grouping came up, it make more geographical sense to put Edo with southwest and cross river and Akwa Ibom in South east but there will be complain about domination by majority ethnic group, that was the only basis with which Edo can be in same zone with cross River, no similarity whatsoever. Moreover, you were only separated from yorubas during the Midwest Era, not Igbos, remember Dennis Osadebe, an igboman was the first to rule Midwest

If Mid West was dissolved into Edo and Delta, when the time came for reformation it makes sense to you that Edo should go with Anambra right ?
Perhaps by that same reasoning, Delta should have gone with the middle belt.
How absurd. I thought you had a better argument.
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Ogbuefi2020: 6:10pm On Jul 03, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

You are very funny.
We have been separate from the yoruba since the Mid West referendum. We have never been part of Ibo. The Obi of Onitsha and Agbor were (are?) vassal to the Oba of Benin.

Are you conversant with any bit of Nigerian history ?
so why are they not Oba instead of Obi?? and why are there numerous Obas in yorubaland same title with the king of Benin, you see why it makes more sense for you to be in southwest??, Meanwhile, just like other igbo cities (apart from western igbos with Benin influence), Portharcourt has no overall king just like many other south south cities in the eastern axis
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Ogbuefi2020: 6:11pm On Jul 03, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

If Mid West was dissolved into Edo and Delta, when the time came for reformation it makes sense to you that Edo should go with Anambra right ?
Perhaps by that same reasoning, Delta should have gone with the middle belt.
How absurd. I thought you had a better argument.
are you blind, i said it made sense for edo to be in southwest
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Kyase(m): 6:12pm On Jul 03, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Very correct, until we have true devolution of power at state levels, with local government chairmen and councilors knowing their responsibilities and limitations, there won't be any development.
What do you intend achieving with middle belt
but do you know we are the must quiet region in the country.
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 6:17pm On Jul 03, 2017
Ogbuefi2020:

are you blind, i said it made sense for edo to be in southwest

No I am not. But your argument so far have been s.tu.pid and ignorant and if you knew a little bit of history you would know that the issue of where we belong has been settled by the historic MidWest referendum of 1963.
You an IBO man wants to tell me where I belong.
Osanobua laho!

I will not respond to your trolling again.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 03, 2017
I see laudate viewing this thread. He should come and comment as an Igala man and stop begging yorubas to include him in Oodua nation. #Lol.

Pazienza you need to see how this your friend was begging. #Lol

5 Likes

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by tuniski: 6:19pm On Jul 03, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

So you are just a group of minority speaking people, not necessarily related by language or geography.
As I can't see the relationship between kwara and taraba
The Denominator is minority tribes in the middle of the entity nigeria! Can u get it? We are always under same domination by the majority hausa/fulani north. Why is the South south so equally diverse with minority tribes recognized separately from yourbas of south west and igbos of south east?

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:20pm On Jul 03, 2017
Kyase:
but do you know we are the must quiet region in the country.
Yes I know that, I schooled there, lived there,
But I maintain what you need is a strong local government and a strong ward.
Your governor needs to remit local government and council funds to the right people.
You need transparency and accountability at grass root levels.
Not just you people, but everyone. When we start doing things right, things will fall in place.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by SharkTank(m): 6:22pm On Jul 03, 2017
No part of the present geopolitical expression called south south rants this 'we south south' trash more than Edo people.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:23pm On Jul 03, 2017
tuniski:

The Denominator is minority tribes in the middle of the entity nigeria! Can u get it? We are always under same domination by the majority hausa/fulani north. Why is the South south so equally diverse with minority tribes recognized separately from yourbas of south west and igbos of south east?

My argument is against middle belt and south south.
When we allow culture and language to define us as a country, we have failed.
I am against Geopolitical terms because it causes tribalistic issues.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Ogbuefi2020: 6:27pm On Jul 03, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

No I am not. But your argument so far have been s.tu.pid and ignorant and if you knew a little bit of history you would know that the issue of where we belong has been settled by the historic MidWest referendum of 1963.
You an IBO man wants to tell me where I belong.
Osanobua laho!

I will not respond to your trolling again.
why are you cursing like a kid? It was an Igboman who put you in "south south" you have nothing in common with other states in it, you actually have things in common with yorubas but to avoid complains of domination you were put together with other minority groups by an igboman, so stop shouting that igbos can not tell you where to belong. Even the Midwest was created by an Igboman. Lol, historian indeed

1 Like

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Ogbuefi2020: 6:29pm On Jul 03, 2017
tuniski:

Igbos made it so, we are not interested in subjugation of people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Osinbajo Hailed On Promotion Of Tech Opportunities For Youths / If It Comes Down To These Two, Who Would You Prefer As Nigeria's Next President / US Sends Team To Probe Baga Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.