Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,506 members, 7,812,558 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida (8055 Views)

Almajiri Voting In The North. "Fear Not" Not = North (photos) / For Nigerians: US Is The Biggest Evil NOT North Korea (2) / To Nigerians: US Regime Is The Biggest Evil Not North Korea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Ogbuefi2020: 6:30pm On Jul 03, 2017
SharkTank:
No part of the present geopolitical expression called south south rants this 'we south south' trash more than Edo people.
One of them is already here. "south south" now make every shitty set of people feel important
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 03, 2017
Kyase:
we were used and dump in every election after our full support to them.

Who dump you? How exactly? You have the highest revenue allocation. If you want to be on your own, it is your own decision and had to be respected but dont behave like ipob because no1 is dumping you. And I can assure you that your house is divided. Because some of the so called middle belt will still stand with the north. Example Niger state will be north, there will be crisis in Plateau, half will stand with the north, the samething with Nassarawa and Kogi.

The only two state that may silently go are your state and Kwara.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 6:34pm On Jul 03, 2017
Kathmandu:
Are you people alright at all. Somebody opens a thread to talk about Middle belt and carving their own niche. The trio of you with that boy Proudlyngwa and nenigbo wants to derail it with your Igbo nonsense.

Can't you people open your own thread? Are you people really alright at heart?

Shame on you people

They are useless trolls.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Ogbuefi2020: 6:40pm On Jul 03, 2017
MrHowto:

Who dump you? How exactly? You have the highest revenue allocation. If you want to be on your own, it is your own decision and had to be respected but dont behave like ipob because no1 is dumping you. And I can assure you that your house is divided. Because some of the so called middle belt will still stand with the north. Example Niger state will be north, there will be crisis in Plateau, half will stand with the north, the samething with Nassarawa and Kogi.

If it was about "south south" you will become liberators of minorities

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 03, 2017
MrHowto:

These are the core middle belt states; Kwara, Kogi, Taraba, Plateau, Benue and Adamawa. Southern Bornu Kaduna Kebbi Gombe Bauchi all fall under Middle belt
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by SharkTank(m): 6:45pm On Jul 03, 2017
Ogbuefi2020:

One of them is already here. "south south" now make every shitty set of people feel important

I swear down. Even the most irrelevant.

I know deep down in my heart that I don't give a hoot about most of these minority south south tribes.
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 03, 2017
Kathmandu:
These are the core middle belt states; Kwara, Kogi, Taraba, Plateau, Benue and Adamawa. Southern Bornu Kaduna Kebbi Gombe Bauchi all fall under Middle belt

You cannot grab those northwestern or northeastern land. It is a dream and u better wake up.
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 03, 2017
MrHowto:

You cannot grab those northwestern or northeastern land. It is a dream and u better wake up.
NW and NE are just political boundaries and not the real boundaries. We know the real middle belters.

Tell me a similar tradition that an Hausa Fulani man has with a Kataf or Kagoro man

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by givbitcoin: 6:52pm On Jul 03, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

Mscheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew.

I even thought you have something upstairs in your brain to share, I never knew you are as shallow and empty as Public Water Tap.

I'll thank you to stop quoting me
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 03, 2017
Kathmandu:
NW and NE are just political boundaries and not the real boundaries. We know the real middle belters.

Tell me a similar tradition that an Hausa Fulani man has with a Kataf or Kagoro man

Not here to argue on it. Safe journey in grabbing NW or NE land into new independent middle belt.
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:54pm On Jul 03, 2017
Kathmandu:

Now you see what I was saying and you were insulting me.

Geopolitical zones are Rubbish and a fraud.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by nengibo: 6:55pm On Jul 03, 2017
cumbak60:

I'll soon tame your obsessive obsession with Igbo matter.
Get a girlfriend it will tame your childishness

1 Like

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 03, 2017
I came here to read about North central and ended seing argument of south south and south east...

When will this mumu stop....biafra map can be redrawn at any time and I don't see other tribes agitating...only igbos...pls let's stop this nonsense

1 Like

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by givbitcoin: 7:04pm On Jul 03, 2017
cumbak60:

Arrogance at its peak. angry

Sadly, it's actually the fact. Yoruba people are the most stupid people on earth to live with. I'll continue to blame our elite for ever conceding power to them in the name of consolation. They are the author of every problem going on in Nigeria of today. Things were not this bad. So far, they have planted evil seeds in the minds of every Southerner and now the minorities in the North want to toe that part. My position here is that your people should first consider the possible consequences of whatever action you choose to indulge in because there must be a limit to magnanimity and benevolence
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by ceaz4r(m): 7:05pm On Jul 03, 2017
Kyase:
Right here on Nairaland I urge
all Nairalanders from the South
East, South West and deep South
to call us what we wish to be
called : MIDDLEBELTERS. Jacob
changed his name and his destiny changed. We want to
change our political destiny and
I invite all of you to our political
baptism. We are not North
Central but Middlebelt.

by Mujtahida
Coptic gravas Terkimbi01, Kathmandu, QueenOfNepal, Proudlyngwa, malton

Nice move!! A new Nation is birthing overthere!

If I were to suggest, I would say that your people should go beyond calling yourselves Middlebelters and give yourselves a Name. Maybe you coin a name from the first letters of the states that want to make up/ align together from this Middle belt states. Or Benuerians (from River Benue) or Plateau.... Anything. Just like Nigeria may call our region Southeast, rather we call our place Aligbo or Biafra!!

May your dreams come real!!
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Kyase(m): 7:06pm On Jul 03, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Yes I know that, I schooled there, lived there,
But I maintain what you need is a strong local government and a strong ward.
Your governor needs to remit local government and council funds to the right people.
You need transparency and accountability at grass root levels.
Not just you people, but everyone. When we start doing things right, things will fall in place.
you are right
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Kyase(m): 7:07pm On Jul 03, 2017
ceaz4r:

If I were to suggest, I would say that your people should go beyond calling yourselves Middlebelters and give yourselves a Name. Maybe you coin a name from the first letters of the states that want to make up/ align together from this Middle belt states. Or Benuerians (from River Benue) or Plateau.... Anything. Just like Nigeria may call our region Southeast, rather we call our place Aligbo or Biafra!!

its a process, it will come to that
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Mujtahida: 7:09pm On Jul 03, 2017
ceaz4r:

You don't understand.
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Kyase(m): 8:01pm On Jul 03, 2017
MrHowto:

you think?
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Kyase(m): 8:18pm On Jul 03, 2017
Kathmandu:
thank you
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Curlieweed: 8:27pm On Jul 03, 2017
Mujtahida:

Homogeneity can be the basis of a nation (for example the Nations of Europe but even at that astonishingly there are up to 111secessionist groups and movements scattered all over Europe 18 in Spain alone) and it might not be (India is a nation that has over two thousand ethnic groups even after Pakistan broke away oo China has at least 56, Indonesia has 300).
Somalia is homogeneous both in terms of ethnic and religious make up(they are even an ancient Kingdom) yet it fought a long war and is generally regarded as a failed state.
So my point is that beyond homogeneity or heterogeneity something more is needed to build a nation. We have lacked that extra something in Nigeria.

As regards the rhetorical question you asked let me turn the converse on you and ask: could those clamouring for their own Republic today have done so in the absence of Northern domination?
You are right about the good and bad categories. It's in all people's. It's part of our human condition.

Regarding your first point, I'll offer an analogy. You might have a high IQ and fail to graduate from university, one other hand someone with a lower IQ could be quite successful. However, it will be dishonest to suggest that a high intelligence is not a useful ingredient in academic success but in all cases motivation and focus are the other essential factors determining your success or otherwise. This is also the same with nations and homogeneity.

Homogeneity like so many social issues are relative. Human beings will always find reasons to discriminate between themselves. This reminds me of the Little Enders (who like eating their eggs from the little end) and the Big Enders ( who like eating their eggs from the big end) in Gulliver's Travels. However in some cases the issues become so fundamental that separation is the only option. The ties that bind any union must be stronger than those that separate. Every successful union is built around a core set of values or heritage. India may have a couple of thousand ethnic groups but they are bound by a key Hindu core on which the other identities ( be they Muslim, Buddhist or Sikh) are built around. The US may be diverse but they have a WASP core. 92% of Chinese are Han.

We don't have a core here. Rather than face this basic issue and recognize it as the huge problem it is, our nation builders decided to pretend that it doesn't actually exist. They decided to use empty high sounding words to cover up an obvious reality ("One Nigeria", "Unity in Diversity", "We are all brothers"wink. Because they failed to take a realistic appraisal of the situation, they decided to design a structure that failed to acknowledge the basic mental pictures we all carry in our heads (namely that the country is made up of Yorubaland, Igboland, Ijawland, Igalaland, Nupeland and so on). They decided to create arbitrary constituent units (states) that bear very little relationship to our ethnic reality and then to make things worse ran the whole thing from an over bloated centre because they felt that would enforce unity.

Some other nations (like Switzerland) took a more realistic appraisal of their situation and even though they have 4 official languages, were able to craft an appropriate system to recognize an obvious reality. On the other hand, the Nigerian "patriots" pretend that every thing is okay while chasing symptoms like leadership and corruption. Because they tarried, some people are now fed up and decided to take their own destiny in their own hands.

Regarding the issue of "Northern Domination", you're probably asking the wrong person since I come from an ethnic group that has been accused of either trying to or actually dominating others (right from the pre-independence era). We have apparently done this by "forcing" people to buy our fake goods thereby taking over all their markets or tricking them into selling their lands ( while refusing to sell ours even though we can sell our mothers for raw cash). That is why I am actually against ganging up or trying to isolate particular groups because of perceived domination. The key question you should be asking is if you are actually one nation and if you are why should someone not aspire to leadership in the said nation just because he happens to be Fulani. If you're not actually a nation, you have a more basic problem than the perceived domination by particular ethnic groups or maybe that is why people perceive the said domination.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 03, 2017
Kyase:
you think?

is that all you can say? is that all you can deduce from the post?
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by moninuola65: 8:31pm On Jul 03, 2017
Kyase:
Right here on Nairaland I urge
all Nairalanders from the South
East, South West and deep South
to call us what we wish to be
called : MIDDLEBELTERS. Jacob
changed his name and his destiny changed. We want to
change our political destiny and
I invite all of you to our political
baptism. We are not North
Central but Middlebelt. Do not
help to consolidate and perpetuate the powers that
want to hold this country
hostage.
This is imperative. Let us unmask
once and for all the powers that
want this country to go to pieces.
We say NO to Northern
hegemony
We say NO to North Central
categorization
We say NO to Fulani herdsmen despoiling farms, killing people
in the middle belt and
everywhere else in Nigeria
We say NO to those clamping
down on the drive to restructure
Nigeria and birth a nation. Let no man think that I hate the
North. I don't. I just want a
good, just, equitable, developed
country. Shikena
by Mujtahida
Coptic gravas Terkimbi01, Kathmandu, QueenOfNepal, Proudlyngwa, malton
op.
I wantyou to readthis with open mind and query me,
critics welcome:
https://www.nairaland.com/3897183/only-restructuring-nigeria-acceptable-all#58093182
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by coptic: 8:55pm On Jul 03, 2017
MrHowto:

Please stop speaking like an illiterate!

Crisis in Plateau because of settlers or who?

Some of you people speak trash.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by coptic: 8:56pm On Jul 03, 2017
Kathmandu:

The ignorant fellow doesn't know that.
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by coptic: 9:00pm On Jul 03, 2017
givbitcoin:

Sadly, it's actually the fact. Yoruba people are the most stupid people on earth to live with. I'll continue to blame our elite for ever conceding power to them in the name of consolation. They are the author of every problem going on in Nigeria of today. Things were not this bad. So far, they have planted evil seeds in the minds of every Southerner and now the minorities in the North want to toe that part. My position here is that your people should first consider the possible consequences of whatever action you choose to indulge in because there must be a limit to magnanimity and benevolence

Why do you speak so much about magnanimity as if you handed someone bread?

Who is afraid of the fulani?

In case you didn't know, people avoid all wild animals not because they are afraid of them.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by coptic: 9:01pm On Jul 03, 2017
Kyase:
you think?

What does the ignorant fellow know?
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by coptic: 9:02pm On Jul 03, 2017
MrHowto:

is that all you can say? is that all you can deduce from the post?

Yes, because that post is trash.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by PreyingMantis(m): 9:06pm On Jul 03, 2017
givbitcoin:
My candid advice: Do not listen to the lying tongues of Yoruba people. They have caused enough problems in this country already. Don't let anybody deceive you. While it is true that we have lots of languages in the North, like most places in the world tho, North should be seen as one because we are stronger together.
This is the height of unity begging!

The people say they're tired and want to be free from your demonic stranglehold. Why can't you accept that?

1 Like

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 03, 2017
coptic:

Yes, because that post is trash.

coptic:

Please stop speaking like an illiterate!

Crisis in Plateau because of settlers or who?

Some of you people speak trash.

You should stay out of this because it a matter that concern human not tenant pigs.

Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by PreyingMantis(m): 9:15pm On Jul 03, 2017
givbitcoin:
Before the advent of colonialism, we had defeated all what is today known as Northern Nigeria. We conquered, to a large extent, the ancient Yoruba kingdom. We put Ibos to rout during their Biafra craze.

In all these, we said no victor, no vanquished. That is magnanimity. Tell me, where else in this whole world has a nation conquered another in a fair battle and still choose to dine on the same table with them.

And here, the Yoruba have contaminated some ethnic groups with their disloyalty and backstabbing and everybody is talking nonsense.
Just like the once overly arrogant Tutsies of Rwanda. The decimation of the arrogant, overbearing and boastful Fulani will be televised. I can see it coming.
Re: We Are Not North Central By Mujtahida by coptic: 9:20pm On Jul 03, 2017
MrHowto:

You should stay out of this because it a matter that concern human not tenant pigs.

I wouldn't have dignified you ignoramus with a response had you not mentioned my state.

We have no business with dirty illiterates and blood suckers.

Know your boundaries and you won't see me in your face ever.

Nobody willingly gets in the mud.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2019: 8 Million People Have Not Collected Their Pvcs, INEC Cries Out / See The Reaction Of Northerners To “Obi-Datti” On BBC Hausa (pictures) / ISWAP Terrorists Abduct 15 Passengers, Including Aid Workers In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.