Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,066 members, 7,849,313 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 06:25 PM

Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? (48843 Views)

Have You Ever Regretted Snubbing Someone Who Truly Loved You? / Have Yu Ever Regretted Having Sex With Some One Before?? Why?? / Guys Have You Ever Regretted Not Telling A Girl, You Have Feeling For Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 04, 2017
TheLordIsGr8:

Hahahahaha.
I wanted to use that money you paid into my account to buy plane ticket. Too bad.

But I think you can find some in the jewellery store. Tell them to give you back the gold they picked up from your backyard.

There was this show "Egoli: place of gold" I did see it on tv then but I never really watched it. I was still very young then.
You know about it?

Yourself and this southy chic need to take this your verbal copulation & orgasm to the backdoor, show some decency please.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by I888(m): 12:16pm On Jul 04, 2017
thowbie7ven:
Same here bro!...i also a have similar story to share...after we broke up, i was still stylishly pleading for us to come back but within a week, she already moved on to another guy...started posting their(both) pictures on facebook...writing "My boo", going out on dates...i moved on and deleted everything about her(pictures, social networks, numbers et all)..i Locked up...fast forward three-four months after, babe started calling my me..checking up on me...ah no even send am again...she started calling and telling me about how i forgot about her and how i don't even care for her anymore..i just dey look...then she broke the bombshell sometimes this year(after 2 years oo) saying she wants us to come back blah blah...that ever since we parted ways, she's been finding it hard to settle for someone like me blah blah...i didn't even answer her...me sef don move on!
grin grin grin grin that kind "move on" dey sweet eh. U go just increase the gear to gear 1 so that u can move on faster. My own eh... i suffered. That girl is wicked.. as in very wicked. Mine happened same time i lost my mum. imagine having a heart break and also losing ur mum.. na die be that i swear. Something I will never wish even my own enemy because the pain will be too much to bear and handle.

When I would send her some money, she would say how much did i even send to her sef.. money that transport to atm has consumed... she would use airtime i send her to chat and send love text to her then idiot.

cos she knew i love her, she would start with quarrel and tell me that if i want her to forgive me, i should send her money... as in, i was completely being used like a rag.

But fast forward to 2 or 3 years later, na she dey beg. a girl that HARDLY said sorry.... she even offered sex to appease me and i rejected it. I dealt with her in my own way until she became frustrated. People i shared this story with still don't understand why i couldn't forgive her. A lady even said girls like that were the best to give a second chance... but to me, they do not deserve a second chance because if that life had favoured her, she would be going about saying it was good she dumped me...that I am this or that.

over the years, what gave me confidence is the fact i know my kind is VERY VERY VERY rare. I know what I can do for a lady that the next 7 guys she would meet will NEVER do.

so in retrospect, she probably sat down and reviewed her life to pick me as the ONLY genuine guy he gave her things at will without asking for sex unlike what all other guys she met did with 4 months of meeting them.

I learned she now goes to church... a girl that hardly went to church back then.

A lot of Nigerian girls are not wired to appreciate a guy that gives them things without stressing them. Those who appreciate such caring guys, check them well, they may have been dealt with so badly by some bad boys. Like this ex i talked about... if she ever meet (i don't think she has been so fortunate after kicking me out) a guy like me again, she will be the most SERVILE fox to ever grace mother earth such that even if the guy slap her, she will smile like a goat at the slaughter.

I don't feel pity for such girls bro... they brought whatever befell them. What they do not know is that good people are very few in this world while the rest are just selfishly looking out for their own interest.

A girl that once told me i am not handsome and that i do not plan ahead (meaning i have no future) is same person that told her brother that if he saw me now, he wouldn't be able to recognize me again and same person that opened her mouth said i am not fat oo. i have added weight and look more handsome.

That babe have been begging since 2011-2016 and if she can use juju to have me back, she will do it cos life has really done wonders to her life and brain. I remember i bought a phone for her. even after we broke up, despite the fact that she was dating someone else, she was still using that phone 2 years after. I bought the phone new, bought a new line and added airtime to it and paid courier to deliver it to her. Very ungrateful human being. I lost count of the times she asked me if i still love her or if she can still have me back lol. She even said it that i have changed... and i told her that when i was good, did she like me? My only regret was being too cool with her and since then, that cool dude was buried. I don't waste time to call bullshiit these days though and my folks wonder why i have changed to someone with a reactive hot temper.. that is what life does to you when your asss is screwed and forked... no thanks to elements such as an evil ex lol

sorry it came too long..

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 04, 2017
I felt like I didn't say no enough because I was saying yes to the wrong type of man. We were never really compatible personality wise but thought that would come later since we both possessed others things we were looking for in a partner (education, attraction, good health, wealth and etc.). Well later never came and the relationship lasted longer than it should. Constant arguing all because we didn't qualify each other in the beginning. As a woman, it's also my responsibility to know when it's time to walk away. I may have learned it the hard way but at least I know now.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 04, 2017
wow such touching stories...this is heading somewhere...gotta grad some popcorn

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 04, 2017
TheLordIsGr8:

I understand your pain. If it were in those days you could have kept all of them and made your choice later. How time changes.

Personally I think there is too much policing in relationships these days. You can't even shake hands with somebody without suspicion. I lay no claim to superior insight as to where the problem is coming from. But I think I can lay my fingers on two factors that have contributed to this climate of prison-like restriction on male/female relationship.

1. the modern trend of jumping into s*x, calling it love
2. the insatiable appetite of some ladies for "gifts"

Usually when men give gifts to women they want something in return and when ladies get a gift they want to "reward" the man so that the gift will keep giving. That is not so say there are no guys who give gifts out of generosity. If there are ladies who give s*x out of generosity I cannot say.

Commitment for a man is usually about s*x. Most men don't really care how you spend your money. If you like use am buy poo na u sabi, especially if he is a content one. But don't make him a shareholder in the honeypot. He is the SOLE OWNER. I think women care about that and money as well.
As a guy I cannot be comfortable dating you and giving you gifts in expectation of marrying you if at the same time you could be taking gifts outside and distributing honey in exchange. undecided

I once a asked a girl for a date. The first thing she did was to list all the things I would have to be buying for her monthly. Lolll. The list pass who want go marry. She automatically assumed I wanted s*x without even asking. I just jejely carry go one side. Perhaps I'll settle for buying gifts, but I'll demand 100% commitment. I cannot come and be wasting money na. Even Davido with 30bn no dey do like that.

I think we can return to the good old days if ladies stop expecting "gifts" and men stop demanding a taste of the honeypot. But who will bell the cat? Each one must bell his a cat.

But I do hope you have moved on. Why waste a good heart if you can't take back what happened? You can take comfort in the fact that you're not alone. Here is the story I read sometime.
But I do hope you'll get a better man if you haven't already.

I also found some nice hearts for you to choose from. Cheer up cos its a new day. cheesy cheesy

I don't demand gifts from men and I take care of my bills, I don't fornicate and I don't expect material things, just love respect and attention.

If the material things are given to me, I'll take it.

But I've been advised to be careful about not asking cause I could end up with a man who would take advantage of that so he might not take care of his responsibilities in marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by sagaxity(m): 12:26pm On Jul 04, 2017
You are the real undertaker....
Anyway The past experiences makes us well prepared for the future.....
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by piroux(f): 12:27pm On Jul 04, 2017
Guseh:

This was the exact scene that played out btw me and a damsel back then @AAUA. Are you the one, her name starts with letter D and surename start with letter A.

Nope, i'v never been to AAUA...
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by piroux(f): 12:28pm On Jul 04, 2017
NairalandAsasin:

OP, can I see ur picture, this ur story made me remember something pls.
what did you remember?
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 04, 2017
kennygee:
But I've been advised to be careful about not asking cause I could end up with a man who would take advantage of that so he might not take care of his responsibilities in marriage.

True talk. At least once in a while would be good.

But any man who goes out looking for a woman ought to understand that there are responsibilities to follow.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by thowbie7ven(m): 12:32pm On Jul 04, 2017
I888:
grin grin grin grin that kind "move on" dey sweet eh. U go just increase the gear to gear 1 so that u can move on faster. My own eh... i suffered. That girl is wicked.. as in very wicked. Mine happened same time i lost my mum. imagine having a heart break and also losing ur mum.. na die be that i swear. Something I will never wish even my own enemy because the pain will be too much to bear and handle.

When I would send her some money, she would say how much did i even send to her sef.. money that transport to atm has consumed... she would use airtime i send her to chat and send love text to her then idiot.

cos she knew i love her, she would start with quarrel and tell me that if i want her to forgive me, i should send her money... as in, i was completely being used like a rag.

But fast forward to 2 or 3 years later, na she dey beg. a girl that HARDLY said sorry.... she even offered sex to appease me and i rejected it. I dealt with her in my own way until she became frustrated. People i shared this story with still don't understand why i couldn't forgive her. A lady even said girls like that were the best to give a second chance... but to me, they do not deserve a second chance because if that life had favoured her, she would be going about saying it was good she dumped me...that I am this or that.

over the years, what gave me confidence is the fact i know my kind is VERY VERY VERY rare. I know what I can do for a lady that the next 7 guys she would meet will NEVER do.

so in retrospect, she probably sat down and reviewed her life to pick me as the ONLY genuine guy he gave her things at will without asking for sex unlike what all other guys she met did with 4 months of meeting them.

I learned she now goes to church... a girl that hardly went to church back then.

A lot of Nigerian girls are not wired to appreciate a guy that gives them things without stressing them. Those who appreciate such caring guys, check them well, they may have been dealt with so badly by some bad boys. Like this ex i talked about... if she ever meet (i don't think she has been so fortunate after kicking me out) a guy like me again, she will be the most SERVILE fox to ever grace mother earth such that even if the guy slap her, she will smile like a goat at the slaughter.

I don't feel pity for such girls bro... they brought whatever befell them. What they do not know is that good people are very few in this world while the rest are just selfishly looking out for their own interest.

A girl that once told me i am not handsome and that i do not plan ahead (meaning i have no future) is same person that told her brother that if he saw me now, he wouldn't be able to recognize me again and same person that opened her mouth said i am not fat oo. i have added weight and look more handsome.

That babe have been begging since 2011-2016 and if she can use juju to have me back, she will do it cos life has really done wonders to her life and brain. I remember i bought a phone for her. even after we broke up, despite the fact that she was dating someone else, she was still using that phone 2 years after. I bought the phone new, bought a new line and added airtime to it and paid courier to deliver it to her. Very ungrateful human being. I lost count of the times she asked me if i still love her or if she can still have me back lol. She even said it that i have changed... and i told her that when i was good, did she like me? My only regret was being too cool with her and since then, that cool dude was buried. I don't waste time to call bullshiit these days though and my folks wonder why i have changed to someone with a reactive hot temper.. that is what life does to you when your asss is screwed and forked... no thanks to elements such as an evil ex lol

sorry it came too long..
Most of them are evil bro...ani less than a week we broke up, she started flaunting she and the new guy's pics on every of her socials...naso i just sit down dey look...This was someone i cared for...at a point, i accommodated her(for close to a year) when she had no place to live/sleep...fed her, clothed her, got stuffs for her...she'll even bring her friends home to wine/dine and i'll gladly receive them...just to mention a few i did for her...chai...since then ehn, to even give a babe 1naira outta my hard earned money na die..i'll rather give a beggar or better still, help my fellow Man...Reasons why if i'm asking you out and you expect me to start spending money for you like Dangote., omo na OYO you dey...Heaven knows i don't give a fu.ckk about them again..if you wanna stay, you're welcome...if you no wan stay, you're free to leave...Experience they say, is the best Teacher...

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by piroux(f): 12:33pm On Jul 04, 2017
sagaxity:
You are the real undertaker....

Anyway
The past experiences makes us well prepared for the future.....

Undertaker ke undecided undecided?
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 04, 2017
TheLordIsGr8:

True talk. At least once in a while would be good.

But any man who goes out looking for a woman ought to understand that there are responsibilities to follow.

Not all men.

Most of the men we have these days are looking for financially stable and secure women so they can escape these responsibilities.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 04, 2017
kennygee:

Not all men.

Most of the men we have these days are looking for financially stable and secure women so they can escape these responsibilities.

Sure. I know some men like that. But my wonderful mother taught all her kids how to fend for themselves. Nobody waits for anybody to pay their bills.

I feel shy to even receive anything from a girl. Of course I'll eat food. Cos I make delicious meal for any female visitors. So. I do give. But on my own terms. Cos lots of girls these days play on guys emotions. Teasing and blackmailing.

The Lord is your strength though.

I know talk is cheap, but at the end of the day you have to move on with life. The Lord is your strenghth
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 04, 2017
TheLordIsGr8:

Sure. I know some men like that. But my wonderful mother taught all her kids how to fend for themselves. Nobody waits for anybody to pay their bills.

I feel shy to even receive anything from a girl. Of course I'll eat food. Cos I make delicious meal for any female visitors. So. I do give. But on my own terms. Cos lots of girls these days play on guys emotions. Teasing and blackmailing.

The Lord is your strength though.

I know talk is cheap, but at the end of the day you have to move on with life. The Lord is your strenghth

Thank you jor. I'm in a better place sha.

God bless you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by sagaxity(m): 12:51pm On Jul 04, 2017
As no girl dey agree Love me so I no get regret oh

OP come make we start all over, forget that guy let's(me&U) move on...

Tomorrow no go open another thread on how you regret not accepting me..

Look my moniker well

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Lionessza(f): 12:51pm On Jul 04, 2017
TheLordIsGr8:

Hahahahaha.
I wanted to use that money you paid into my account to buy plane ticket. Too bad.

But I think you can find some in the jewellery store. Tell them to give you back the gold they picked up from your backyard.

There was this show "Egoli: place of gold" I did see it on tv then but I never really watched it. I was still very young then.
You know about it?

Lol,too bad.

Lol, I will go and ask them.

Oh yeah I know about it but have never followed it. Where did you see that show?
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 04, 2017
kennygee:

Not all men.

hahahha you don't even know what most of what we guys want...My personal experience. 2012 a friend of mine in Johanessburg as a sure guy recommended me to three wealthy young south african ladies, i rejected the offers more than twice. He broke up our friendship till today.... This is just one.. It's obvious you don't know what the current generation of Nigerian guys want...it's so glaring, you are so off-point
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Lionessza(f): 12:52pm On Jul 04, 2017
olatemitayo:

I call this a different perception of regret with a very positive attitude....great!

Maybe undecided.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 04, 2017
Lionessza:

Lol,too bad.

Oh yeah I know about it but have never followed it. Where did you see that show?

both of yu exchange your contacts alreadi... stop copulating on this thread.. the verbal copulation is becoming annoying... grin
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Lionessza(f): 12:54pm On Jul 04, 2017
oshaosha2014:
That spark you are looking for should not be a priority, because you can "feel alive" for the wrong guy. And I know many girls "feel alive" for bad boiz a lot.

The spark was never a priority to me but I need it to be there somewhere . Love alone cannot sustain a healthy relationship.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Lionessza(f): 12:56pm On Jul 04, 2017
connectpoint:

both of yu exchange your contacts alreadi... stop copulating on this thread.. the verbal copulation is becoming annoying... grin

Lol, you are a funny guy aren't ya. grin
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 04, 2017
connectpoint:

hahahha you don't even know what most of what we guys want...My personal experience. 2012 a friend of mine in Johanessburg as a sure guy recommended me to three wealthy young south african ladies, i rejected the offers more than twice. He broke up our friendship till today.... This is just one.. It's obvious you don't know what the current generation of Nigerian guys want...it's so glaring, you are so off-point

Pls educate me.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 04, 2017
Lionessza:

Lol, you are a funny guy aren't ya. grin

you both are waiting till an orgasmic eruption occurs b4 ya hit d back door

Okay let me do the bonding.. Could you please send your whatsapp number to the guy in private please?
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 04, 2017
kennygee:

Pls educate me.

Many guys aren't after money..perhaps you've taken lectures from nollywood that i consider the number one corrupter of our society. Make friends on platonic level with the kind of guy you like to marry and you'll get to understand us better rather than rely on the education nollywood provides you...

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Lionessza(f): 1:01pm On Jul 04, 2017
connectpoint:

you both are waiting till an orgasmic eruption occurs b4 ya hit d back door

Okay let me do the bonding.. Could you please send your whatsapp number to the guy in private please?

Lol, you seem bothered. Move over and let us be.

I don't do private chats with people I meet online but thanks for the suggestion.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 04, 2017
Lionessza:

Lol,too bad.

They used to show it on tv in Benin. I don't know which station again.

There is one guy who quoted me and was crying about our conversation.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 04, 2017
Lionessza:

Lol, you seem bothered. Move over and let us be.

I don't do private chats with people I meet online but thanks for the suggestion.

well get the discharge off our faces..would ya ?
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 04, 2017
connectpoint:

Many guys aren't after money..perhaps you've taken lectures from nollywood that i consider the number one corrupter of our society. Make friends on platonic level with the kind of guy you like to marry and you'll get to understand us better rather than rely on the education nollywood provides you...

I don't watch nollywood movies, its kind of rash for you to assume.

Thank you tho.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Lionessza(f): 1:10pm On Jul 04, 2017
TheLordIsGr8:

They used to show it on tv in Benin. I don't know which station again.

There is one guy who quoted me and was crying about our conversation.

Oh ! Great.

Oh, he did the same to me .
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 04, 2017
kennygee:

I don't watch nollywood movies, its kind of rash for you to assume.

Thank you tho.

cause you have filthy assumptions.. the kind nollywood projects... wherelse did you get your ideologies, cause you sounded so absolute in your earlier comment
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Rukkydelta(f): 1:11pm On Jul 04, 2017
People like us that don't have anything to say let us just be reading
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Lionessza(f): 1:14pm On Jul 04, 2017
connectpoint:

well get the discharge off our faces..would ya ?

Ok thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Woman Stalks Bestie To SA To Catch Her Sleeping With Her Husband (pics/video) / MY EXPERIENCE With Women After I Travelled / Transgender, Miss Sahhara Burns Her Boobs While Cooking (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.