Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,298 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? (48762 Views)

Have You Ever Regretted Snubbing Someone Who Truly Loved You? / Have Yu Ever Regretted Having Sex With Some One Before?? Why?? / Guys Have You Ever Regretted Not Telling A Girl, You Have Feeling For Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:56am On Jul 04, 2017
Ok sir married man cheesy cheesy
kripen:

I am a married man, it is not really fighting it is issue of discipline your girlfriend or spouse when issue call for it. An average girl or woman like their bf/husband to be discipline and authoritative, reason be that they look up to him for protection and them being the weaker vessel. My wife girlfriend confess to her that she left her former guy just because he was to weak and too simple in the sense that when she does wrong the guy will still be the one to apologies to her 'what a nonsense' .This goes out to the guys, call a spade a spade because when you finally get married the discipline of your home is in your hands.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Pope22(m): 8:58am On Jul 04, 2017
piroux:
Hi, i'v been in a state for the past couple of months and i am wondering if others have ever been through it.

I was a 20 year old in my final year and there was this wonderful guy who was crazy about me. He was nice, sweet, caring, selfless and Godly but.... at the time, i thought i was too young and wasnt ready for a serious relationship and he was.
He was a few years older, also in his final year and was very serious about me. I didnt want to be married too young to my first boyfriend so i lied to him about having another boyfriend sad which i didnt have. He was hurt but he let things be, i later confessed to him when we graduated but he didnt trust me anymore and i let things be. Years have passed and i have met cuter, richer, more intelligent guys but no one has cared about me as selflessly as he did. Now, i find myself thinking what if?
Who knows, i might not be happier or as fulfilled but a part of me wishes i had given him a chance, you know? So share your own stories....
Am interested in you now, are you gona make same mistake again? Accept me now!
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Lionessza(f): 8:59am On Jul 04, 2017
Martin0:
hahahahahaha if ur instinct tells you to direct it to me,tell her I said she's wrong!!!the reason you did so was far far from my thought u know..

I don't know what you're talking about here Martin0 because you were the one that asked me a question and I answered you , and now you're telling me I should address people who never asked me ? undecided I'm totally lost here.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by AliasJoice(f): 9:00am On Jul 04, 2017
[quote author=ZarZar post=58085554]OK, I don't regret it per se but I've always wondered what if.

I met a "perfect stranger" once, it was when I was about 17 or 18 years old. It was the school holidays & I was going back to my hometown, to spend time with relatives. My sister dropped me off at the bus terminus & I boarded my bus, really not looking forward to the long journey ahead. I was sitting alone, the seat next to me was empty & I put a bag on it on purpose because I didn't feel like small talk with whomever was going to sit next to me. The bus moved from one city to the next, it was there that he boarded the bus. There was not that much available space inside, so I had to give up "my" other seat. I didn't even look up to see who was sitting next to me, I was feeling that much antisocial at the time tongue

A very long moment of silence between us went, but then he broke the ice by asking if it was my 1st time going to EL.

you made me cry:-(:-( sad[quote author=ZarZar post=58085554]OK, I don't reg

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Lionessza(f): 9:01am On Jul 04, 2017
LarryBeryl:

Ok ma, all solved. que sera sera

No problem.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 04, 2017
doughziay:

Lol @ Knack

Lol brother... your mind... knack implies intuit oh.. biko nu
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by babahTee: 9:10am On Jul 04, 2017
Benita27:
Why will I have regrets when I don't derive my happiness from any guy/man?.

Modified.
Those of you quoting me should save it. Have never had regrets for losing someone, and I'm not a lesbian. There's always someone else to occupy a vacant space.

Olosho*
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Jelal0007(m): 9:21am On Jul 04, 2017
VajanahDischaj:
many girls wish they said 'no ' like u did. Please dont regret it. Just focus on your career and watch how the right guy will crawl to u. Or is it fyiok u want?
She's not 'many' girls. And I don't know many girls ( who vaue good things) that say no.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Martin0(m): 9:22am On Jul 04, 2017
Lionessza:

I don't know what you're talking about here Martin0 because you were the one that asked me a question and I answered you , and now you're telling me I should address people who never asked me ? undecided I'm totally lost here.
didn't u see how I asked the question?well just be lost like that...
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 04, 2017
kennygee:

I talk to my mum about my relationships, the thing is, the way they did it back then is different from the way its done now.
She said back then, a woman could have a lot of men vying for her and she could keep them all till she decides to choose one she loves best and sees a future with.
These days. They'll call you a cheat and a non committed person.
I felt really bad.

I understand your pain. If it were in those days you could have kept all of them and made your choice later. How time changes.

Personally I think there is too much policing in relationships these days. You can't even shake hands with somebody without suspicion. I lay no claim to superior insight as to where the problem is coming from. But I think I can lay my fingers on two factors that have contributed to this climate of prison-like restriction on male/female relationship.

1. the modern trend of jumping into s*x, calling it love
2. the insatiable appetite of some ladies for "gifts"

Usually when men give gifts to women they want something in return and when ladies get a gift they want to "reward" the man so that the gift will keep giving. That is not so say there are no guys who give gifts out of generosity. If there are ladies who give s*x out of generosity I cannot say.

Commitment for a man is usually about s*x. Most men don't really care how you spend your money. If you like use am buy poo na u sabi, especially if he is a content one. But don't make him a shareholder in the honeypot. He is the SOLE OWNER. I think women care about that and money as well.
As a guy I cannot be comfortable dating you and giving you gifts in expectation of marrying you if at the same time you could be taking gifts outside and distributing honey in exchange. undecided

I once a asked a girl for a date. The first thing she did was to list all the things I would have to be buying for her monthly. Lolll. The list pass who want go marry. She automatically assumed I wanted s*x without even asking. I just jejely carry go one side. Perhaps I'll settle for buying gifts, but I'll demand 100% commitment. I cannot come and be wasting money na. Even Davido with 30bn no dey do like that.

I think we can return to the good old days if ladies stop expecting "gifts" and men stop demanding a taste of the honeypot. But who will bell the cat? Each one must bell his a cat.

But I do hope you have moved on. Why waste a good heart if you can't take back what happened? You can take comfort in the fact that you're not alone. Here is the story I read sometime.
But I do hope you'll get a better man if you haven't already.

I also found some nice hearts for you to choose from. Cheer up cos its a new day. cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Martin0(m): 9:26am On Jul 04, 2017
Lionessza:

I can't but I've seen them in action and I know people who've had bad experiences with many , and that's enough for me to give this judgement tongue and please don't tell me some don't coz I know that. Same as rappers or Rockstar not all are said to be professional hunters but a good number of them are grin
eh eh ok ooo
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 04, 2017
Lionessza:
Until I come in the know of what ?
It seems you don't understand pidgin. So that's the know I'm talking about

Lionessza:
No its Jennifer Hudson, that clip was taken from a movie she did in SA.
Ok. But she looks like you

Lionessza:
Lol, I will make a transfer now .
Let me go and price hummer jeep first.

Where are you from and where are you based? Seems you're not a Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by uzoormah(m): 9:28am On Jul 04, 2017
Benita27:

Modified.
Those of you quoting me should save it. Have never had regrets for losing someone, and I'm not a lesbian. There's always someone else to occupy a vacant space.

banana crew
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Jelal0007(m): 9:29am On Jul 04, 2017
chiwetel:
i did say NO to a guy that seemed all perfect, nice,caring and hopelessly sweet .From the very first day we met,i knew we couldn't work,he was nothing short of an angel, but my instincts and intuition didn't just accept him,something didn't add up.
Fast forward to when we starting really talking and building friendship, he was a complete gentleman,almost did everything in the books,Lol at some point i started doubting his sincerity, guess that's what having bad experiences does to you,you kinda structured yourself into believing good men don't exist. Moving on, we talked and really did become friends this all happened within the period of four months,let me mention most of our conversations were via phone calls. Sadly,he was transferred to another state, so he eventually made arrangements to travel down to see me,which i greatly anticipated, somewhere in my mind i started accepting him,felt like i was trying to grow the love,his consistency made that happen.
It was on a Friday,we were supposed to spend the weekend together,i was a combination of nervous and excited,because it was going to practically be the first time we would spend quality time together physically,unfortunately all my fears were confirmed there was more to his appealing exterior sweetness, i discovered flaws i never perceived before then,our conversations were lifeless,there was zero chemistry worse of all was that,i realized throughout the period we spent together, i couldn't feel myself,i was being too prim and proper to make myself very deserving of this almost perfect man.

Summary is, from day one my whole being said no to him,but i wanted to give it a chance,i was so scared of losing someone that nice and caring,i was even more scared i might never meet anyone better,but deep down i kinda knew he wasn't the one. so basically it taught me to always confirm my instincts and fears and never settle for someone that makes me want to disown myself and pretend to be another,because really true love should accept all of you.

f**k this shii is long.
Yeah too long....and pls continue to doubt every man that comes ur way huh...!!!
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nathanieloo7(m): 9:38am On Jul 04, 2017
Benita27:

Modified.
poo nd lies
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Lionessza(f): 9:43am On Jul 04, 2017
TheLordIsGr8:

It seems you don't understand pidgin. So that's the know I'm talking about

Ok. But she looks like you

Let me go and price hummer jeep first.

Where are you from and where are you based? Seems you're not a Nigerian.

Lol she does , doesn't she ? Lol.

Go and do that, the transfer will appear to you after 24 hrs lol.

No , I'm not Nigerian. I'm South African based in Johannesburg.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 04, 2017
Lionessza:

Lol she does , doesn't she ? Lol.

Go and do that, the transfer will appear to you after 24 hrs lol.

No , I'm not Nigerian. I'm South African based in Johannesburg.

No she doesn't. Does she want to learn? I don't know.

I wondered why you couldn't even understand the most common slang in pidgin.

Anyway, welcome miss Lion. How is SA today?

I'm Nigerian based in Benin City. Yes. Benin City, where the portuguese first set foot in West Africa back in the 18th century and they compared its roads to those in Amsterdam. But today?? Let me not talk.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Strongman001: 9:55am On Jul 04, 2017
Yesterday's big win kick started the month of July. Today (04-07-2017), presents yet another opportunity to another big win.

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Lionessza(f): 9:57am On Jul 04, 2017
TheLordIsGr8:

No she doesn't. Does she want to learn? I don't know.

I wondered why you couldn't even understand the most common slang in pidgin.

Anyway, welcome miss Lion. How is SA today?

I'm Nigerian based in Benin City. Yes. Benin City, where the portuguese first set foot in West Africa back in the 18th century and they compared its roads to those in Amsterdam. But today?? Let me not talk.

Lol.

Thank you.

Ok great , lol. Which state is Benin city in ?
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by MissJoy29(f): 10:02am On Jul 04, 2017
vocalprince:

And if I ask U out now for serious thing now U go still say NO!! or make we go pray for mountain......honey fall on You!

Lol...I have no idea what you are talking about
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by MissJoy29(f): 10:03am On Jul 04, 2017
gentlemanism1:

Not just with one guy? Are u MBGN?

Maybe....who knows
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by MissJoy29(f): 10:04am On Jul 04, 2017
gentlemanism1:

Not just with one guy? Are u MBGN?

maybe....who knows
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by MissJoy29(f): 10:04am On Jul 04, 2017
Sacluxpaint:

Nice to hear your experience, please better advise your younger ones otherwise Na shiloh sure pass.

I'm doing that already...thanks
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by MissJoy29(f): 10:05am On Jul 04, 2017
achieverme:

You beta coman let us marry

waiting for you then...
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by MissJoy29(f): 10:06am On Jul 04, 2017
BigBrother9ja:

You?

No....you
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 04, 2017
Lionessza:

Lol.

Thank you.

Ok great , lol. Which state is Benin city in ?

Edo state. The heartbeat of the nation. lollll. In case you find someone needing a heart transplant

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by MissJoy29(f): 10:08am On Jul 04, 2017
Martin0:
so what are those attributes

A lot but not unattainable
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by MissJoy29(f): 10:10am On Jul 04, 2017
Nma27:
Hmmmm .. 29yrs old?

please dear, let not #missjoy29# make you "the more you look, the less you see....lol
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by MissJoy29(f): 10:11am On Jul 04, 2017
MrHenshaw:

it's well !

Yes it is dear
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Lionessza(f): 10:12am On Jul 04, 2017
TheLordIsGr8:

Edo state. The heartbeat of the nation. lollll. In case you find someone needing a heart transplant

Ok . Why are laughing at this? Are the best hospitals in Nigeria located in Edo state ?
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by piroux(f): 10:13am On Jul 04, 2017
patola080:
Op dat is wot happen to u wen u think dat u re the most important thing or most beautiful woman in d world u take ur husband as boyfriend and boyfriend as husband at the end of ur life u re d type dat will come here to say that men re evil

Oga, i did not say anything about feeling beautiful, i said i felt young. And no, i have met good guys and i avoid generalisation so i will never say men are evil if they are not.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

"What Will You Do If You Find Used Condom In Your Man's Room?". See Replies / Girl Begged Her Boyfriend Money And Got This Mean Response / Photo Of A Bride Dragging Her Man On The Floor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.