Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,026 members, 7,953,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:18 AM

Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? - Romance (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? (49468 Views)

Have You Ever Regretted Snubbing Someone Who Truly Loved You? / Have Yu Ever Regretted Having Sex With Some One Before?? Why?? / Guys Have You Ever Regretted Not Telling A Girl, You Have Feeling For Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 04, 2017
MissJoy29:

please dear, let not #missjoy29# make you "the more you look, the less you see....lol
Lol... Its well dear. The Lord will grant you your heart desires before this year ends.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by IamSINZ(m): 3:27pm On Jul 04, 2017
romeorails:
cheesy baba I gbadun ur covfefe style cheesy angry

Ma nigga, what can one do? grin
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 04, 2017
Brother man. U see say this life funny. angry

Angel toast woman, she no gree

Devil toast am, she love up angry

Ughh, this one weak me ooo undecided

Now she's expecting Another angel, meanwhile angel comes around once in a while while demons are like the air we breathe in angry
slayking:

Reverse psychology.

Funny thing is, you may never meet a man who is as loving and caring as the one you rejected.

Life is all about choices so you better learn how to live with the devil you chose.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 04, 2017
Ughh, this ur story weak me o. How I wish u both ended up together angry sth tells me u were his missing rib angry and sth tells me also u ain't into a guy atm, I mean serious rel angry doesn't matter tho, but I pictured this ur story in a movie, all in my brain, and I will write the script, but in this case, he at the other end would be looking and wishing to meet u again while at the end, I will make u both marry in my movie, ughh undecided
ZarZar:
OK, I don't regret it per se but I've always wondered what if.

I met a "perfect stranger" once, it was when I was about 17 or 18 years old. It was the school holidays & I was going back to my hometown, to spend time with relatives. My sister dropped me off at the bus terminus & I boarded my bus, really not looking forward to the long journey ahead. I was sitting alone, the seat next to me was empty & I put a bag on it on purpose because I didn't feel like small talk with whomever was going to sit next to me. The bus moved from one city to the next, it was there that he boarded the bus. There was not that much available space inside, so I had to give up "my" other seat. I didn't even look up to see who was sitting next to me, I was feeling that much antisocial at the time tongue

A very long moment of silence between us went, but then he broke the ice by asking if it was my 1st time going to EL. I told him no I was born there. He admitted it was his 1st time & that he was going there to meet his brother. The conversation soon moved on to other general things. We were no longer strangers. He talked a lot lol. As he spoke, I was busy "studying" him. He was attractive wink

Long story short, he did some things for me during our trip, that really touched me to the core. 1) was when the bus stopped so we could all stretch some legs & buy refreshments. I've bought food before I boarded the bus but I didn't buy anything to drink. I planned to buy some juice at the place where it stopped. But it was dark & freezing cold outside, so I didn't feel like going outside the heated bus. He said he wanted to buy airtime at the convenient store & asked if I needed anything. I gave him money to bring me some juice. To my surprise, he came back with so many things, he could barely hold them. He gave me back my money & said everything he bought was for me, his "new friend". I almost cried. Honestly, I'm easily touched by random acts of kindness. I was really digging him at this point, just not in a BF/GF kind of way. Anyway, the next morning we arrived at my hometown. It was raining hard.This guy quickly bought an umbrella & we huddled under it like a couple grin I told him I was gonna go catch my taxi home, but he begged me to wait with him. His brother was coming to fetch him. Since he's been good to me & it was his 1st time, I decided to sit with him until his brother arrived. When his brother arrived, he offered to drop me home. Amazingly, we were going to the same part of the city, so it wasn't going to be an inconvenience on their part. His brother told me he had to 1st drop groceries at his house as some things were going to melt. I had no problem going with them because he was talking to his wife on the phone, so I knew I was safe going with them to their house. OMG, when we got there, the wife made such a huge fuss over me. She thought I was the younger brother's GF lol. I explained that we met at the bus, she said but you make such a cute couple blah blah blah grin She said no you can't go home now, you have to come in for breakfast etc. I spent almost 3 hours with them. They were such a lovely family & they treated me like family too. Later they dropped me off at home. I saw them again 2 or 3 times after. I was invited to a party they were throwing. The "boo" gave me his cell number, but I didn't have a phone at the time, so we kinda lost touch that way.

I will never forget those people for as long as I live. Plus I was at a dark place in life at the time, so they really made me feel like I was human, yanno.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 04, 2017
Hmm, now I know why u liked that name somadina in BBN, u kept drooling over the name cheesy women, ehn!
Amarabae:
lol. Who didnt date in university days.. He do tell me about his Ex-gfs in the university. Though i hate to hear those stories.
The somadina guy is married now to a white lady.
Life moves on. I love my hubby the more.
Happy new month dear
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by ableguy(m): 4:04pm On Jul 04, 2017
MissJoy29:
Op, it has happened to me. Not just with one guy & sadly, they are married now...I attribute it to naivety, immaturity and youthful exuberance. Such costly mistake can't happen again with what I know now about the important attributes to look out for in a marriage patner.

I feel like I know you from somewhere, can't place it though
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Pope22(m): 4:17pm On Jul 04, 2017
piroux:

LOL cheesy. Can you love me selflessly?
With all my heart, I will but a question for you is..

Can you love me as poor as I am?
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 04, 2017
Ughh this ur sis too like u o angry
ZarZar:

LMAO. You were that bad a girl that you had to let a unicorn AKA "good guy" get away? grin The person was probably one of the lucky few lol. Because I refuse to believe it would have ended with "I do". Yhoo, my sister was very strict back then. If she sent you to the store, she'd stand outside to watch you. If a guy dared say something, she wanted to know what he said because apparently there were too many bachelors where we were living & she didn't like that one bit. One time she even shouted a guy for waving, saying "hello". He said sister I was only saying hello. She said do you wave & say hello to every person you see. LMAO. So embarrassing.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by MissJoy29(f): 4:31pm On Jul 04, 2017
Nma27:
Lol... Its well dear. The Lord will grant you your heart desires before this year ends.

Amen! Thanks dear
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by MissJoy29(f): 4:32pm On Jul 04, 2017
ableguy:

I feel like I know you from somewhere, can't place it though

Really? It might be possible
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by MissJoy29(f): 4:33pm On Jul 04, 2017
Flawlessangel:

It's spelt partner

Hmmmmm
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by MissJoy29(f): 4:33pm On Jul 04, 2017
Martin0:
hmmmm suits u

I don't understand please
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by MissJoy29(f): 4:34pm On Jul 04, 2017
gentlemanism1:

UW... Wat part if this great nation are u from?

I'm from the East
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by ableguy(m): 4:35pm On Jul 04, 2017
MissJoy29:

Really? It might be possible
You stay in Lagos?
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by MissJoy29(f): 4:36pm On Jul 04, 2017
IdeyFindWife:

cool wink
just pace urself...ur best is yet to come.../might be just right around the corner, lol/
cheers

cheers too....thanks

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by MissJoy29(f): 4:40pm On Jul 04, 2017
ableguy:

You stay in Lagos?

yeah....
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by ableguy(m): 4:44pm On Jul 04, 2017
MissJoy29:

yeah....
You could actually be the person I have in mind, please codedly PM me let's talk before they say we are derailing their thread
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Martin0(m): 4:53pm On Jul 04, 2017
MissJoy29:

I don't understand please
why do u say unattainable
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by I888(m): 4:53pm On Jul 04, 2017
Guseh:

This was the exact scene that played out btw me and a damsel back then @AAUA. Are you the one, her name starts with letter D and surename start with letter A.
share your story bros, make we learn.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by dacovajnr: 5:12pm On Jul 04, 2017
IamSINZ:

Lol! grin Morning bruh..
afternoon baami, ow u day been dey go?
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by I888(m): 5:28pm On Jul 04, 2017
thowbie7ven:
Most of them are evil bro...ani less than a week we broke up, she started flaunting she and the new guy's pics on every of her socials...naso i just sit down dey look...This was someone i cared for...at a point, i accommodated her(for close to a year) when she had no place to live/sleep...fed her, clothed her, got stuffs for her...she'll even bring her friends home to wine/dine and i'll gladly receive them...just to mention a few i did for her...chai...since then ehn, to even give a babe 1naira outta my hard earned money na die..i'll rather give a beggar or better still, help my fellow Man...Reasons why if i'm asking you out and you expect me to start spending money for you like Dangote., omo na OYO you dey...Heaven knows i don't give a fu.ckk about them again..if you wanna stay, you're welcome...if you no wan stay, you're free to leave...Experience they say, is the best Teacher...

Yeah, at a point, I didn't want to give any girl money or things anymore. In fact, I hate women for 3 years cos of her. Such a selfish and heartless human... if my life had been miserable and hers flamboyant, she would be the one mocking me today.

But God saw my heart was pure and made sure he made a miracle out of me.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by dammysel(f): 6:44pm On Jul 04, 2017
LEOVOLUTION:

What is this? Your regret actually was not double dating? what wat what is what is all...Mtchew.

Exactly!
I have a friend who triple dated and she's married to one of the 3 right now. ..
so?!
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by decatalyst(m): 6:47pm On Jul 04, 2017
ZarZar:
OK, I don't regret it per se but I've always wondered what if.

I met a "perfect stranger" once, it was when I was about 17 or 18 years old. It was the school holidays & I was going back to my hometown, to spend time with relatives. My sister dropped me off at the bus terminus & I boarded my bus, really not looking forward to the long journey ahead. I was sitting alone, the seat next to me was empty & I put a bag on it on purpose because I didn't feel like small talk with whomever was going to sit next to me. The bus moved from one city to the next, it was there that he boarded the bus. There was not that much available space inside, so I had to give up "my" other seat. I didn't even look up to see who was sitting next to me, I was feeling that much antisocial at the time tongue

A very long moment of silence between us went, but then he broke the ice by asking if it was my 1st time going to EL. I told him no I was born there. He admitted it was his 1st time & that he was going there to meet his brother. The conversation soon moved on to other general things. We were no longer strangers. He talked a lot lol. As he spoke, I was busy "studying" him. He was attractive wink

Long story short, he did some things for me during our trip, that really touched me to the core. 1) was when the bus stopped so we could all stretch some legs & buy refreshments. I've bought food before I boarded the bus but I didn't buy anything to drink. I planned to buy some juice at the place where it stopped. But it was dark & freezing cold outside, so I didn't feel like going outside the heated bus. He said he wanted to buy airtime at the convenient store & asked if I needed anything. I gave him money to bring me some juice. To my surprise, he came back with so many things, he could barely hold them. He gave me back my money & said everything he bought was for me, his "new friend". I almost cried. Honestly, I'm easily touched by random acts of kindness. I was really digging him at this point, just not in a BF/GF kind of way. Anyway, the next morning we arrived at my hometown. It was raining hard.This guy quickly bought an umbrella & we huddled under it like a couple grin I told him I was gonna go catch my taxi home, but he begged me to wait with him. His brother was coming to fetch him. Since he's been good to me & it was his 1st time, I decided to sit with him until his brother arrived. When his brother arrived, he offered to drop me home. Amazingly, we were going to the same part of the city, so it wasn't going to be an inconvenience on their part. His brother told me he had to 1st drop groceries at his house as some things were going to melt. I had no problem going with them because he was talking to his wife on the phone, so I knew I was safe going with them to their house. OMG, when we got there, the wife made such a huge fuss over me. She thought I was the younger brother's GF lol. I explained that we met at the bus, she said but you make such a cute couple blah blah blah grin She said no you can't go home now, you have to come in for breakfast etc. I spent almost 3 hours with them. They were such a lovely family & they treated me like family too. Later they dropped me off at home. I saw them again 2 or 3 times after. I was invited to a party they were throwing. The "boo" gave me his cell number, but I didn't have a phone at the time, so we kinda lost touch that way.

I will never forget those people for as long as I live. Plus I was at a dark place in life at the time, so they really made me feel like I was human, yanno.

I was touched by the last few paragraphs of the piece you wrote up there.

Such is life dear.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Jelal0007(m): 7:03pm On Jul 04, 2017
VajanahDischaj:
locate your clique. Wayward bittch
See this c0ck sucker talking meaningless trash since. I said make sense and here u are displaying extra stupid!ty. I pity ur miserable life. SCUM!!!
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by alanka(f): 7:17pm On Jul 04, 2017
connectpoint:

I feel your frustration... Perhaps you're too factual in your writing and need to add some drama. Moreso, you may need to check the time you post your articles, post during off-peak seasons so when there's a lack of spicy content to push forward you have a higher chance of making your desired MP. I recommend that you write in bulk, save them but post them strategically, and please be dramatic, don'tbe factual or too intelligent,as Nigerians have a distaste towards intelligently driven content, make it big and really really dramatic.
so this one two has come here to sell MTN product in expectation to reach FP and he wants to use me to achieve the goals

Look at me eyeballs to eyeballs you won't get there with me.

Alanka can be defined as an imbedded machine that has 10 eyes but sees with 1000 eyes 10 mouths both sees with 1000 mouths yet chooses not to see the nearest objects and communicates the pressing issues.

Do you understand ?
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 04, 2017
alanka:
so this one two has come here to sell MTN product in expectation to reach FP and he wants to use me to achieve the goals

Look at me eyeballs to eyeballs you won't get there with me.

Alanka can be defined as an imbedded machine that has 10 eyes but sees with 1000 eyes 10 mouths both sees with 1000 mouths yet chooses not to see the nearest objects and communicates the pressing issues.

Do you understand ?

yu got the wrong buddy
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by alanka(f): 7:27pm On Jul 04, 2017
connectpoint:

yu got the wrong buddy
good bye.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by MissJoy29(f): 8:01pm On Jul 04, 2017
Martin0:
why do u say unattainable

I said NOT unattainable. Which means it's attainable
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by MissJoy29(f): 8:03pm On Jul 04, 2017
ableguy:

You could actually be the person I have in mind, please codedly PM me let's talk before they say we are derailing their thread

And please, who or what do you have in mind?
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by LEOVOLUTION(m): 8:35pm On Jul 04, 2017
dammysel:

Exactly!
I have a friend who triple dated and she's married to one of the 3 right now. ..
so?!

So?! So?!, If its so normal, then why the whole fuss about faithfulness in relationships?

You girls have a very 'Double-standard' stricken way of viewing things at times. Whew!
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by IamSINZ(m): 8:37pm On Jul 04, 2017
dacovajnr:
afternoon baami, ow u day been dey go?

Very fine, my brother. I hope yours was fruitful as well?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Lady Hangs Out With Her Man In A Hotel, Days After He Battered Her In Public / My Babe Threatened To Kill Me If I Leave Her; Should I Take Her Serious? / Ladies, What Is Your Take On Guys With Big Stomach?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.