Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,186 members, 7,864,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:40 AM

Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? (48940 Views)

Have You Ever Regretted Snubbing Someone Who Truly Loved You? / Have Yu Ever Regretted Having Sex With Some One Before?? Why?? / Guys Have You Ever Regretted Not Telling A Girl, You Have Feeling For Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 10:17am On Jul 04, 2017
MissJoy29:

maybe....who knows

I can see that... Nice profile pix
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by piroux(f): 10:19am On Jul 04, 2017
Pope22:

Am interested in you now, are you gona make same mistake again? Accept me now!

LOL cheesy. Can you love me selflessly?
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by MissJoy29(f): 10:22am On Jul 04, 2017
IdeyFindWife:

I guess the secret is to define issues from early in life as soon as the opportunity to start considering those existential issues arise. We often get stumped realizing that we "played-away" viable partnership options that could've fulfilled us for long even if they didn't last forever, had we given them the chance. No gender is excused. Had one or two such good cuteys but was too crazy, broke off stuff, as in, setting them free. Hope i don't regret it later.

Society, exposure, value system etc all often go far in molding our perception of ideal mates per time while we ignore the voice of our own needs, the real weighty issues of the basics of life that will go far with us on the long term etc.

Who hasn't made such "mistakes" be4? Maybe a few! But, just don't live in the regrets of a far-gone past. Look up, look around, look far ahead, you just might spot whatcha want on a not-too-distant horizon. Yes, look for the spark but ensure all the other factors that'd fan your spark into a blazing inferno are there too. No point waiting so long as a lady just to regretfully hitch up with a stranded, sweet-tongued fuckboi!

True dear...In as much as I know I want to get married and soonest, that doesn't mean I will settle for less than I know is enough to keep the marriage fire always burning. I don't thrive well in an environment of depression and unhappiness. If it takes time, fine but I hope at last, the wait will be worth it

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by MissJoy29(f): 10:25am On Jul 04, 2017
gentlemanism1:

I can see that... Nice profile pix

Thanks dear
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by barallanee(f): 10:30am On Jul 04, 2017
IamSINZ:

Mine was awesome!

How does one reach you outside NL?
by reaching me wink
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by barallanee(f): 10:30am On Jul 04, 2017
IamSINZ:

Mine was awesome!

How does one reach you outside NL?
by reaching me wink.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by IdeyFindWife: 10:30am On Jul 04, 2017
MissJoy29:

True dear...In as much as I know I want to get married and soonest, that doesn't mean I will settle for less than I know is enough to keep the marriage fire always burning. I don't thrive well in an environment of depression and unhappiness. If it takes time, fine but I hope at last, the wait will be worth it

cool wink
just pace urself...ur best is yet to come.../might be just right around the corner, lol/
cheers
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by IamSINZ(m): 10:36am On Jul 04, 2017
barallanee:
by reaching me wink.
Lol, PM?
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Respect55(m): 10:40am On Jul 04, 2017
Lionessza:

Actually , not really. So many good people out there have had encounters with evil , I know I'm one of them lol.
Dnt call anybody a devil. U can Just say such a person has bad character
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 04, 2017
piroux:
Hi, i'v been in a state for the past couple of months and i am wondering if others have ever been through it.

I was a 20 year old in my final year and there was this wonderful guy who was crazy about me. He was nice, sweet, caring, selfless and Godly but.... at the time, i thought i was too young and wasnt ready for a serious relationship and he was.
He was a few years older, also in his final year and was very serious about me. I didnt want to be married too young to my first boyfriend so i lied to him about having another boyfriend sad which i didnt have. He was hurt but he let things be, i later confessed to him when we graduated but he didnt trust me anymore and i let things be. Years have passed and i have met cuter, richer, more intelligent guys but no one has cared about me as selflessly as he did. Now, i find myself thinking what if?
Who knows, i might not be happier or as fulfilled but a part of me wishes i had given him a chance, you know? So share your own stories....

This was the exact scene that played out btw me and a damsel back then @AAUA. Are you the one, her name starts with letter D and surename start with letter A.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 04, 2017
MissJoy29:

Thanks dear

UW... Wat part if this great nation are u from?
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Lionessza(f): 10:50am On Jul 04, 2017
Respect55:

Dnt call anybody a devil. U can Just say such a person has bad character

If it acts like a devil, it must be a devil.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by tukdi: 10:54am On Jul 04, 2017
IamSINZ:

It must be your birthday by force undecided
HBD angry
Guy

Hahahaha
cheesygrincheesygrincheesygrin
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by NairalandAsasin(m): 10:55am On Jul 04, 2017
piroux:

LOL cheesy. Can you love me selflessly?
OP, can I see ur picture, this ur story made me remember something pls.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by thowbie7ven(m): 10:58am On Jul 04, 2017
I888:
You are mister nice guy... that is why. Don't beat yourself too much. That girl is an idiot. Trust me, she will hope to come for you one day but do not accept her. I had an ex who didn't like me for my personality but today, she would give anything to have that nice guy back because she has learned her lessons the hard way. Last time she was the one wooing me... see life? But what she seek is dead and buried... I mean that nice guy that always said yes yes to her request, the one that never gave her headache but try to please her at will.
Same here bro!...i also a have similar story to share...after we broke up, i was still stylishly pleading for us to come back but within a week, she already moved on to another guy...started posting their(both) pictures on facebook...writing "My boo", going out on dates...i moved on and deleted everything about her(pictures, social networks, numbers et all)..i Locked up...fast forward three-four months after, babe started calling my me..checking up on me...ah no even send am again...she started calling and telling me about how i forgot about her and how i don't even care for her anymore..i just dey look...then she broke the bombshell sometimes this year(after 2 years oo) saying she wants us to come back blah blah...that ever since we parted ways, she's been finding it hard to settle for someone like me blah blah...i didn't even answer her...me sef don move on!

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Bitcoiniler(m): 11:02am On Jul 04, 2017
I once had a girlfriend that was insanely crazily in love with me, I wouldn't really call her a girlfriend to some extent because I restrained her emotions, I never really reciprocated the love and all that. Years gone and I've had disparate girlfriends but I still regret not acknowledging her love, because after my mum, she's apparently next in line when it comes to showering me with love and attention. She's married now and I still get in touch with her, I still wish I ended up with her, that's something I'd have to live with. I wouldn't make such mistake again, that I'm sure of.

9 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by patola080(m): 11:02am On Jul 04, 2017
piroux:

Oga, i did not say anything about feeling beautiful, i said i felt young. And no, i have met good guys and i avoid generalisation so i will never say men are evil if they are not.
lol dat ur age is not young ooo my dear sister
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 04, 2017
Lionessza:

Ok . Why are laughing at this? Are the best hospitals in Nigeria located in Edo state ?

I have looked for trouble. Best hospitals? I can't say for sure, but I know one of the best in the nation, the University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH) is in Benin City.

But it has nothing to do with that slogan. All the states have a slogan. Some of them speaks directly to what is obtainable in that state and e.g. Enugu State: slogan, Coal city state because of the coal mines. As for Edo state, I don't why its called the heartbeat of the nation, but I don't think it has anything to do with hospitals.

Whats the slogan for jburg?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Lionessza(f): 11:13am On Jul 04, 2017
TheLordIsGr8:

I have looked for trouble. Best hospitals? I can't say for sure, but I know one of the best in the nation, the University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH) is in Benin City.

But it has nothing to do with that slogan. All the states have a slogan. Some of them speaks directly to what is obtainable in that state and e.g. Enugu State: slogan, Coal city state because of the coal mines. As for Edo state, I don't why its called the heartbeat of the nation, but I don't think it has anything to do with hospitals.

Whats the slogan for jburg?

Lol, ok now I understand you well. JoBurg =city of gold.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 04, 2017
thowbie7ven:
Same here bro!...i also a have similar story to share...after we broke up, i was still stylishly pleading for us to come back but within a week, she already moved on to another guy...started posting their(both) pictures on facebook...writing "My boo", going out on dates...i moved on and deleted everything about her(pictures, social networks, numbers et all)..i Locked up...fast forward three-four months after, babe started calling my me..checking up on me...ah no even send am again...she started calling and telling me about how i forgot about her and how i don't even care for her anymore..i just dey look...then she broke the bombshell sometimes this year(after 2 years oo) saying she wants us to come back blah blah...that ever since we parted ways, she's been finding it hard to settle for someone like me blah blah...i didn't even answer her...me sef don move on!

Oh hear of these in movies...Sad...really sad
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 04, 2017
Pope22:

Am interested in you now, are you gona make same mistake again? Accept me now!

coool and hilariooous the same time... cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 04, 2017
TheLordIsGr8:

I understand your pain. If it were in those days you could have kept all of them and made your choice later. How time changes.

Personally I think there is too much policing in relationships these days. You can't even shake hands with somebody without suspicion. I lay no claim to superior insight as to where the problem is coming from. But I think I can lay my fingers on two factors that have contributed to this climate of prison-like restriction on male/female relationship.

1. the modern trend of jumping into s*x, calling it love
2. the insatiable appetite of some ladies for "gifts"

Usually when men give gifts to women they want something in return and when ladies get a gift they want to "reward" the man so that the gift will keep giving. That is not so say there are no guys who give gifts out of generosity. If there are ladies who give s*x out of generosity I cannot say.

Commitment for a man is usually about s*x. Most men don't really care how you spend your money. If you like use am buy poo na u sabi, especially if he is a content one. But don't make him a shareholder in the honeypot. He is the SOLE OWNER. I think women care about that and money as well.
As a guy I cannot be comfortable dating you and giving you gifts in expectation of marrying you if at the same time you could be taking gifts outside and distributing honey in exchange. undecided

I once a asked a girl for a date. The first thing she did was to list all the things I would have to be buying for her monthly. Lolll. The list pass who want go marry. She automatically assumed I wanted s*x without even asking. I just jejely carry go one side. Perhaps I'll settle for buying gifts, but I'll demand 100% commitment. I cannot come and be wasting money na. Even Davido with 30bn no dey do like that.

I think we can return to the good old days if ladies stop expecting "gifts" and men stop demanding a taste of the honeypot. But who will bell the cat? Each one must bell his a cat.

But I do hope you have moved on. Why waste a good heart if you can't take back what happened? You can take comfort in the fact that you're not alone. Here is the story I read sometime.
But I do hope you'll get a better man if you haven't already.

I also found some nice hearts for you to choose from. Cheer up cos its a new day. cheesy cheesy

Nice points...

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Martin0(m): 11:22am On Jul 04, 2017
MissJoy29:

A lot but not unattainable
hmmmm suits u
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 04, 2017
Lionessza:

Lol, ok now I understand you well. JoBurg =city of gold.

Good to hear.

I hear u can find gold on the streets... is that true?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Lionessza(f): 11:26am On Jul 04, 2017
TheLordIsGr8:

Good to hear.

I hear u can find gold on the streets... is that true?

LMFAO, that is what we all wish for unfortunately none of us has kicked any gold on any of our streets . Maybe in the next life hey grin
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by tukdi: 11:31am On Jul 04, 2017
ZarZar:
OK, I don't regret it per se but I've always wondered what if.

I met a "perfect stranger" once, it was when I was about 17 or 18 years old. It was the school holidays & I was going back to my hometown, to spend time with relatives. My sister dropped me off at the bus terminus & I boarded my bus, really not looking forward to the long journey ahead. I was sitting alone, the seat next to me was empty & I put a bag on it on purpose because I didn't feel like small talk with whomever was going to sit next to me. The bus moved from one city to the next, it was there that he boarded the bus. There was not that much available space inside, so I had to give up "my" other seat. I didn't even look up to see who was sitting next to me, I was feeling that much antisocial at the time tongue

A very long moment of silence between us went, but then he broke the ice by asking if it was my 1st time going to EL. I told him no I was born there. He admitted it was his 1st time & that he was going there to meet his brother. The conversation soon moved on to other general things. We were no longer strangers. He talked a lot lol. As he spoke, I was busy "studying" him. He was attractive wink

Long story short, he did some things for me during our trip, that really touched me to the core. 1) was when the bus stopped so we could all stretch some legs & buy refreshments. I've bought food before I boarded the bus but I didn't buy anything to drink. I planned to buy some juice at the place where it stopped. But it was dark & freezing cold outside, so I didn't feel like going outside the heated bus. He said he wanted to buy airtime at the convenient store & asked if I needed anything. I gave him money to bring me some juice. To my surprise, he came back with so many things, he could barely hold them. He gave me back my money & said everything he bought was for me, his "new friend". I almost cried. Honestly, I'm easily touched by random acts of kindness. I was really digging him at this point, just not in a BF/GF kind of way. Anyway, the next morning we arrived at my hometown. It was raining hard.This guy quickly bought an umbrella & we huddled under it like a couple grin I told him I was gonna go catch my taxi home, but he begged me to wait with him. His brother was coming to fetch him. Since he's been good to me & it was his 1st time, I decided to sit with him until his brother arrived. When his brother arrived, he offered to drop me home. Amazingly, we were going to the same part of the city, so it wasn't going to be an inconvenience on their part. His brother told me he had to 1st drop groceries at his house as some things were going to melt. I had no problem going with them because he was talking to his wife on the phone, so I knew I was safe going with them to their house. OMG, when we got there, the wife made such a huge fuss over me. She thought I was the younger brother's GF lol. I explained that we met at the bus, she said but you make such a cute couple blah blah blah grin She said no you can't go home now, you have to come in for breakfast etc. I spent almost 3 hours with them. They were such a lovely family & they treated me like family too. Later they dropped me off at home. I saw them again 2 or 3 times after. I was invited to a party they were throwing. The "boo" gave me his cell number, but I didn't have a phone at the time, so we kinda lost touch that way.

I will never forget those people for as long as I live. Plus I was at a dark place in life at the time, so they really made me feel like I was human, yanno.

embarassedembarassedembarassedembarassed

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by VajanahDischaj(f): 11:32am On Jul 04, 2017
Jelal0007:
She's not 'many' girls. And I don't know many girls ( who vaue good things) that say no.
im not talking to the useless girls. Dont mention me if u are feeling guilty of your predicament.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Jelal0007(m): 11:41am On Jul 04, 2017
VajanahDischaj:
im not talking to the useless girls. Dont mention me if u are feeling guilty of your predicament.
Predicament? Wetin dis 1 dey talk? Speak sense b4 I respond 2u.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by tukdi: 11:43am On Jul 04, 2017
MrHenshaw:

And we have met again in Nairaland.

grincheesygrincheesygrincheesygrin
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 04, 2017
Lionessza:

LMFAO, that is what we all wish for unfortunately none of us has kicked any gold on any of our streets . Maybe in the next life hey grin

Hahahahaha.
I wanted to use that money you paid into my account to buy plane ticket. Too bad.

But I think you can find some in the jewellery store. Tell them to give you back the gold they picked up from your backyard.

There was this show "Egoli: place of gold" I did see it on tv then but I never really watched it. I was still very young then.
You know about it?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 04, 2017
Lionessza:
I have said no to someone who was caring and nice but just didn't do it for me. Do I regret it ? Not at all because after that I said yes to a nightmare or what I would call a devil. The devil was a good experience for me , because without having him in my life I wouldn't have been able to appreciate a good man . So saying no to the angel gave me a chance to experience the worst so that when I meet the best I will know how valuable and precious he is and never to take him for granted .

I call this a different perception of regret with a very positive attitude....great!
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by oshaosha2014(m): 12:08pm On Jul 04, 2017
That spark you are looking for should not be a priority, because you can "feel alive" for the wrong guy. And I know many girls "feel alive" for bad boiz a lot.
Lionessza:

I don't understand? I know there's a spanish chanel like that , but I've never watched nor followed what it's about.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

6 Kinds Of Guys No Girl Wants To Date / 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Indulge In Sex Before Marriage- Danceville / Indian Woman Divorces Greedy Husband After 3 Hours & Remarries The Same Day (Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.