Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,653 members, 7,823,851 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? (48667 Views)

Have You Ever Regretted Snubbing Someone Who Truly Loved You? / Have Yu Ever Regretted Having Sex With Some One Before?? Why?? / Guys Have You Ever Regretted Not Telling A Girl, You Have Feeling For Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by WORLDPEACE(m): 10:27pm On Jul 03, 2017
ZarZar:

Lol, OK. Go on...
I can't be no player. I always play by the rule.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 03, 2017
I regretted not saying no enough
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by KinzyeWriter(m): 11:51pm On Jul 03, 2017
doughziay:

I guess you were quite young then and will always think there Is enough time. That's why I like talking to ladies from 25yrs n above. They tend to know what they doing.
Age is not Matu.rity you know.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by joff2(m): 11:52pm On Jul 03, 2017
The only reason I like this thread is because it gives you the idea; that sometimes you have to know when you have something you wouldn't want to lose. Learn how to cherish and value what you have, while you have. I see it as a personal mott, not to regret things like this and it always gives me the incentive to appreciate the people in my life.

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by KinzyeWriter(m): 11:52pm On Jul 03, 2017
Benita27:
When I know my future husband will shower me with unconditionally love, why will I be mourning over a lost course?. Correct dick or no correct dick, I don't have regrets whatsoever.
undecided
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jul 03, 2017
Everyone has regrets.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by eflintsone(m): 11:55pm On Jul 03, 2017
Benita27:
Why will I have regrets when I don't derive my happiness from any guy/man?.
from this comment i smell huge lie

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jul 03, 2017
Benita27:

From who, God abi?
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by doughziay: 11:58pm On Jul 03, 2017
KinzyeWriter:
Age is not Matu.rity you know.
Yea, but age Is surely EXPERIENCE

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by KinzyeWriter(m): 11:59pm On Jul 03, 2017
ZarZar:
OK, I don't regret it per se but I've always wondered what if.

I met a "perfect stranger" once, it was when I was about 17 or 18 years old. It was the school holidays & I was going back to my hometown, to spend time with relatives. My sister dropped me off at the bus terminus & I boarded my bus, really not looking forward to the long journey ahead. I was sitting alone, the seat next to me was empty & I put a bag on it on purpose because I didn't feel like small talk with whomever was going to sit next to me. The bus moved from one city to the next, it was there that he boarded the bus. There was not that much available space inside, so I had to give up "my" other seat. I didn't even look up to see who was sitting next to me, I was feeling that much antisocial at the time tongue

A very long moment of silence between us went, but then he broke the ice by asking if it was my 1st time going to EL. I told him no I was born there. He admitted it was his 1st time & that he was going there to meet his brother. The conversation soon moved on to other general things. We were no longer strangers. He talked a lot lol. As he spoke, I was busy "studying" him. He was attractive wink

Long story short, he did some things for me during our trip, that really touched me to the core. 1) was when the bus stopped so we could all stretch some legs & buy refreshments. I've bought food before I boarded the bus but I didn't buy anything to drink. I planned to buy some juice at the place where it stopped. But it was dark & freezing cold outside, so I didn't feel like going outside the heated bus. He said he wanted to buy airtime at the convenient store & asked if I needed anything. I gave him money to bring me some juice. To my surprise, he came back with so many things, he could barely hold them. He gave me back my money & said everything he bought was for me, his "new friend". I almost cried. Honestly, I'm easily touched by random acts of kindness. I was really digging him at this point, just not in a BF/GF kind of way. Anyway, the next morning we arrived at my hometown. It was raining hard.This guy quickly bought an umbrella & we huddled under it like a couple grin I told him I was gonna go catch my taxi home, but he begged me to wait with him. His brother was coming to fetch him. Since he's been good to me & it was his 1st time, I decided to sit with him until his brother arrived. When his brother arrived, he offered to drop me home. Amazingly, we were going to the same part of the city, so it wasn't going to be an inconvenience on their part. His brother told me he had to 1st drop groceries at his house as some things were going to melt. I had no problem going with them because he was talking to his wife on the phone, so I knew I was safe going with them to their house. OMG, when we got there, the wife made such a huge fuss over me. She thought I was the younger brother's GF lol. I explained that we met at the bus, she said but you make such a cute couple blah blah blah grin She said no you can't go home now, you have to come in for breakfast etc. I spent almost 3 hours with them. They were such a lovely family & they treated me like family too. Later they dropped me off at home. I saw them again 2 or 3 times after. I was invited to a party they were throwing. The "boo" gave me his cell number, but I didn't have a phone at the time, so we kinda lost touch that way.

I will never forget those people for as long as I live. Plus I was at a dark place in life at the time, so they really made me feel like I was human, yanno.
I gained wink, Thanks for sharing this amazing story.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by CoolKizzy(m): 11:59pm On Jul 03, 2017
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by dotunbekro06(m): 11:59pm On Jul 03, 2017
slayking:

How sure are you that your future husband won't treat you badly.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by 2sexynet: 12:02am On Jul 04, 2017
Lionessza:
I have said no to someone who was caring and nice but just didn't do it for me. Do I regret it ? Not at all because after that I said yes to a nightmare or what I would call a devil. The devil was a good experience for me , because without having him in my life I wouldn't have been able to appreciate a good man . So saying no to the angel gave me a chance to experience the worst so that when I meet the best I will know how valuable and precious he is and never to take him for granted .

There is night so that we can appreciate day. There is darkness so that we can appreciate light.

There is sadness so that we can appreciate happiness.

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by MrCork: 12:03am On Jul 04, 2017
piroux:
Hi, i'v been in a state for the past couple of months and i am wondering if others have ever been through it.

I was a 20 year old in my final year and there was this wonderful guy who was crazy about me. He was nice, sweet, caring, selfless and Godly but.... at the time, i thought i was too young and wasnt ready for a serious relationship and he was.
He was a few years older, also in his final year and was very serious about me. I didnt want to be married too young to my first boyfriend so i lied to him about having another boyfriend sad which i didnt have. He was hurt but he let things be, i later confessed to him when we graduated but he didnt trust me anymore and i let things be. Years have passed and i have met cuter, richer, more intelligent guys but no one has cared about me as selflessly as he did. Now, i find myself thinking what if?
Who knows, i might not be happier or as fulfilled but a part of me wishes i had given him a chance, you know? So share your own stories....

...one babe offered me punnnnny n I said no.....I don't wannnna ruin our friendship(true story) angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Respect55(m): 12:03am On Jul 04, 2017
Benita27:
U r a suspect.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by LEOVOLUTION(m): 12:04am On Jul 04, 2017
Benita27:
Yeah. The world isn't centred around one person.

Never mind, in due time. In due time you'll come around.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by ABbless(m): 12:05am On Jul 04, 2017
piroux:

I get you, i like to think i'm older and more mature now. Such shouldnt happen again.

you like to think you are older and more matured now or other guys haven't been as caring as thid one you are looking back to and regretting. I don't know why but I hear many girls talk about not wanting to have a very serious first relationship, they wanna have fun, wanna explore as they are too young to settle down in their minds.smh

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Respect55(m): 12:06am On Jul 04, 2017
Lionessza:
I have said no to someone who was caring and nice but just didn't do it for me. Do I regret it ? Not at all because after that I said yes to a nightmare or what I would call a devil. The devil was a good experience for me , because without having him in my life I wouldn't have been able to appreciate a good man . So saying no to the angel gave me a chance to experience the worst so that when I meet the best I will know how valuable and precious he is and never to take him for granted .
Takes a devil to identify another . Manners fall on you

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by rozayx5(m): 12:06am On Jul 04, 2017
doughziay:

I guess you were quite young then and will always think there Is enough time. That's why I like talking to ladies from 25yrs n above. They tend to know what they doing.

yea

below that age, they see life as a party
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by ABbless(m): 12:09am On Jul 04, 2017
Princessekubo:

hmmm deep!!!

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by BiafraBushBoy(m): 12:09am On Jul 04, 2017
Princessekubo:

grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Xfemt(m): 12:11am On Jul 04, 2017
MissJoy29:
Op, it has happened to me. Not just with one guy & sadly, they are married now...I attribute it to naivety, immaturity and youthful exuberance. Such costly mistake can't happen again with what I know now about the important attributes to look out for in a marriage patner.
add me on fb. @Ayoregha davidson tobore gcofr, let talk thx
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by senny4ril2424(m): 12:11am On Jul 04, 2017
ZarZar:

I met a "perfect stranger" once, it was when I was about 17 or 18 years old. It was the school holidays & I was going back to my hometown, to spend time with relatives. My sister dropped me off at the bus terminus & I boarded my bus, really not looking forward to the long journey ahead. I was sitting alone, the seat next to me was empty & I put a bag on it on purpose because I didn't feel like small talk with whomever was going to sit next to me. The bus moved from one city to the next, it was there that he boarded the bus. There was not that much available space inside, so I had to give up "my" other seat. I didn't even look up to see who was sitting next to me, I was feeling that much antisocial at the time tongue

A very long moment of silence between us went, but then he broke the ice by asking if it was my 1st time going to EL. I told him no I was born there. He admitted it was his 1st time & that he was going there to meet his brother. The conversation soon moved on to other general things. We were no longer strangers. He talked a lot lol. As he spoke, I was busy "studying" him. He was attractive wink

Long story short, he did some things for me during our trip, that really touched me to the core. 1) was when the bus stopped so we could all stretch some legs & buy refreshments. I've bought food before I boarded the bus but I didn't buy anything to drink. I planned to buy some juice at the place where it stopped. But it was dark & freezing cold outside, so I didn't feel like going outside the heated bus. He said he wanted to buy airtime at the convenient store & asked if I needed anything. I gave him money to bring me some juice. To my surprise, he came back with so many things, he could barely hold them. He gave me back my money & said everything he bought was for me, his "new friend". I almost cried. Honestly, I'm easily touched by random acts of kindness. I was really digging him at this point, just not in a BF/GF kind of way. Anyway, the next morning we arrived at my hometown. It was raining hard.This guy quickly bought an umbrella & we huddled under it like a couple grin I told him I was gonna go catch my taxi home, but he begged me to wait with him. His brother was coming to fetch him. Since he's been good to me & it was his 1st time, I decided to sit with him until his brother arrived. When his brother arrived, he offered to drop me home. Amazingly, we were going to the same part of the city, so it wasn't going to be an inconvenience on their part. His brother told me he had to 1st drop groceries at his house as some things were going to melt. I had no problem going with them because he was talking to his wife on the phone, so I knew I was safe going with them to their house. OMG, when we got there, the wife made such a huge fuss over me. She thought I was the younger brother's GF lol. I explained that we met at the bus, she said but you make such a cute couple blah blah blah grin She said no you can't go home now, you have to come in for breakfast etc. I spent almost 3 hours with them. They were such a lovely family & they treated me like family too. Later they dropped me off at home. I saw them again 2 or 3 times after. I was invited to a party they were throwing. The "boo" gave me his cell number, but I didn't have a phone at the time, so we kinda lost touch that way.

I will never forget those people for as long as I live. Plus I was at a dark place in life at the time, so they really made me feel like I was human, yanno.
Very inconclusive..let me watch out for episode 2....we are nothing but pencil in the hands of the creator.. This is super story

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 12:13am On Jul 04, 2017
ZarZar:

And you didn't try to check them up again, if the brother still lives there

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by BigBrother9ja: 12:15am On Jul 04, 2017
MissJoy29:
Op, it has happened to me. Not just with one guy & sadly, they are married now...I attribute it to naivety, immaturity and youthful exuberance. Such costly mistake can't happen again with what I know now about the important attributes to look out for in a marriage patner.
You?

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by abbeylli(m): 12:15am On Jul 04, 2017
A lady hit on me and I never feel the trips I friend zone her Incase she go later set I don't want to start explaining frendzone they sweet gan .

But am waiting for a girl on nairaland that told me no and now regretting still reading sha
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Victornezzar: 12:17am On Jul 04, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
boss dis gal u just quoted
do me a favour nd check her dp nd testify
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by BigBrother9ja: 12:18am On Jul 04, 2017
Benita27:
When I know my future husband will shower me with unconditionally love, why will I be mourning over a lost course?. Correct dick or no correct dick, I don't have regrets whatsoever.
How u take know say ur future husband... Blablabla
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Elvis506(m): 12:18am On Jul 04, 2017
ZarZar:

I read everything, even d coma and apostrophes..what a story...

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Tajbol4splend(m): 12:20am On Jul 04, 2017
Benita27:

It has not happened to you so it's easy for you to say that or maybe it has but you are not being honest because you are not grown enough to admit it
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by LordAdam16: 12:21am On Jul 04, 2017
Regret is not in my dictionary. I tore out the page.

Why ask "what if," when you can ask "what next?"

The former takes you down a rabbit hole, the latter takes you out of the rabbit hole.

Learn your lesson and move on.

-Lord

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by dacovajnr: 12:21am On Jul 04, 2017
IamSINZ:

It must be your birthday by force undecided

HBD angry
Baba don vex grin

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

1997 Vs 2018 Photos Of Kenyan Childhood Friends Who Became Couple / Ladies, Can You Post The Picture Of You And Your Boyfriend On Facebook? / Jilted Girl Curses Ex Boyfriend On The Occasion Of His Wedding.(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.