Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,791 members, 7,831,556 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? (48718 Views)

Have You Ever Regretted Snubbing Someone Who Truly Loved You? / Have Yu Ever Regretted Having Sex With Some One Before?? Why?? / Guys Have You Ever Regretted Not Telling A Girl, You Have Feeling For Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Lionessza(f): 6:01am On Jul 04, 2017
henryhemon:

Thanks for being honest. Very true words you put out there. I have made made mistakes of choosing the wrong one over the good ones and I look back with regrets but then you 've to lick your wounds in peace.

I don't think you should regret those mistakes just learn from them and make sure the next time you meet someone you don't fall into the same trap.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Lionessza(f): 6:03am On Jul 04, 2017
oshaosha2014:
Telemundo speaking.

I don't understand? I know there's a spanish chanel like that , but I've never watched nor followed what it's about.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Lionessza(f): 6:05am On Jul 04, 2017
achieverme:

Except that you might have been badly used by the devil that you may not be good enough anymore for the good person.

Fortunately for me he didn't do much damage , hence I still managed to find the right one for me.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Lionessza(f): 6:06am On Jul 04, 2017
MisterGrace:

Stop struggling. You are too stubborn obviously. Just accept your mistakes and anticipate the future.

I'm confused undecided. What are you talking about here ?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Mpiato01: 6:08am On Jul 04, 2017
Benita27:
Why will I have regrets when I don't derive my happiness from any guy/man?.
,,,I think you need a deliverance, cos u can't tell me u are happier without a man in ur life...will u marry urself.?
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Lionessza(f): 6:08am On Jul 04, 2017
Respect55:

Takes a devil to identify another . Manners fall on you

Actually , not really. So many good people out there have had encounters with evil , I know I'm one of them lol.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Lionessza(f): 6:10am On Jul 04, 2017
2sexynet:

There is night so that we can appreciate day. There is darkness so that we can appreciate light.

There is sadness so that we can appreciate happiness.

True.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Lionessza(f): 6:10am On Jul 04, 2017
MoraxLanre:
Same Here, I understand your points

wink

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Lionessza(f): 6:11am On Jul 04, 2017
Martin0:
I just mean u are Mrs incredible

Ok undecided
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 6:21am On Jul 04, 2017
chiwetel:
Lol....The world where i can comfortably be myself and freely enjoy life.

U still avnt told me which part
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Mrkumareze(m): 6:21am On Jul 04, 2017
There's nothing to regret, the approach of most men in relationship differes immediately you accept and get along with them. In your case, you probably didn't give room for him to offend you or show his main behaviour. Just relax u 'll get the rightful man
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 6:22am On Jul 04, 2017
Shit has happened to me like 3 years ago.. She was my childhood friend, I did almost everything for her, cared for her, left my comfort zone to make her comfortable, made her laugh always etc.. ... We dated for just 2 months tho b4 she left me.... I asked her why and she said because we don't fight lol. I was like wtf, why would we fight? She said sometimes if she wrongs me, I'd be the one to apologize.... she later confessed that she was double dating that she liked the other guy than me... I was down for like a year and later picked myself up and let things go, till now I'm single and probably will be for the next couple of years because of my personality, I've been friendzone a Lotta times I saw it as something abnormal being single among my friends who have dates Bt i later realize that we're different.... I cant coman kill myself.. Lemme just enjoy life..... Moral of the story - fight with your babe once in a while lol

15 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by vocalprince(m): 6:22am On Jul 04, 2017
MissJoy29:
Op, it has happened to me. Not just with one guy & sadly, they are married now...I attribute it to naivety, immaturity and youthful exuberance. Such costly mistake can't happen again with what I know now about the important attributes to look out for in a marriage patner.
And if I ask U out now for serious thing now U go still say NO!! or make we go pray for mountain......honey fall on You!
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by holluphemydavid(m): 6:26am On Jul 04, 2017
piroux:
You guys, its not just for the girls to comment oh. I am sure there are girls who might have asked you out or encouraged you that you snubbed.....
Av u asked a guy out b4? Answer dis den I will tell my own story about dat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by holluphemydavid(m): 6:31am On Jul 04, 2017
doughziay:

I guess you were quite young then and will always think there Is enough time. That's why I like talking to ladies from 25yrs n above. They tend to know what they doing.
Some ladies in their 30s still not knw wot Dey are doing, instead of dem to stick with one guy, Dey will begin to play games in a long run, the guys will get to knw dat she is a game player and Dey will both disappoint her, b4 u knw it she will come to Nairaland and be shouting heartbreak upandan as if we dnt knw their type, only few of dem are serious minded

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by crowley(m): 6:34am On Jul 04, 2017
piroux:
You guys, its not just for the girls to comment oh. I am sure there are girls who might have asked you out or encouraged you that you snubbed.....
I doubt any guy would have such story to share.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Lionessza(f): 6:36am On Jul 04, 2017
ZarZar:

Hahaha. Kuguge inja ibiluma mos grin Young & restless. But shame I applaud you for sparing him the heartbreak, that was big of you.

My sister was very afraid of i-"stage", so she did everything to make sure I didn't get up to no good. Her friend's younger sister was impregnated by one of the army guys & had to drop out from TUT, so I guess that was a wake up call to my sister. She didn't want me to get involved with military men or any man for that matter. But eventually I did get a BF. It didn't last very long though because I was always under the watchful eye, so there was really no time for doing bad things like he wanted tongue That was the end of that. I've never really had a reckless phase because I was always told how useless & canine-like guys were, as a result I became very wary. Not that, that prevented me from future intlungu engummangaliso later on grin LMAO

Lol @kuguge inja ibiluma. In a way I was very insecure and scared of letting go and loving someone fully coz I had seen people who did that and got badly hurt , so to protect my fragile heart when ever things started to get too tense and serious I had to act like a bitch so you would hate me grin don't know why. The scary part was that I would love a guy so much and give him my most valued "possession" at the time only to get dumped like last week's food grin childish , I know. Yeah I'm glad I didn't drag him into my confused and reckless world.

Now I understand your sister's paranoia, those army dudes can be dangerous in many ways than one grin. Was that bf in the army as well?. Lmfao @ future intlungu engummangaliso grin. Do tell tongue. I love hearing about people's nightmares although I'm yet to hear one that is worse than mine grin.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by sisisioge: 6:42am On Jul 04, 2017
Hmmmm...back in my diploma days. I had a cute dude after me , in fact, we were seriously crushing on each other. He seriously liked me and I was always looking forward to see him. Unfortunately, I was in a relationship that I thought would last forever. Every other side comments were ignored embarassed .

Anyways, this guy eventually told me how he felt and I said no like I wasn't feeling him then. Dude said he couldn't stay in the same town with me let alone same class...he left the school before we got to Dip 2. It was that bad.

When I think back...I couldn't help feeling like a monkey for shortchanging myself like I did. I'm usually so grounded once committed...a very dangerous disposition. This has caused me a lot of slights even with my career but thank God for my child-like heart that embraces life like an innocence who doesn't know better cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by IamSINZ(m): 6:42am On Jul 04, 2017
Alphamale2017:

Lmaooooooooo. this one weak me

Lol! Brother man, good morning.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Martin0(m): 6:43am On Jul 04, 2017
Lionessza:

Lol @kuguge inja ibiluma. In a way I was very insecure and scared of letting go and loving someone fully coz I had seen people who did that and got badly hurt , so to protect my fragile heart when ever things started to get too tense and serious I had to act like a bitch so you would hate me grin don't know why. The scary part was that I would love a guy so much and give him my most valued "possession" at the time only to get dumped like last week's food grin childish , I know. Yeah I'm glad I didn't drag him into my confused and reckless world.

Now I understand your sister's paranoia, those army dudes can be dangerous in many ways than one grin. Was that bf in the army as well?. Lmfao @ future intlungu engummangaliso grin. Do tell tongue. I love hearing about people's nightmares although I'm yet to hear one that is worse than mine grin.
hmmmmm intresting stories am just wondering how what guy's will be thinking of u both,you both have really dealt with relationship,Ngakho-ke isimo sakho sobuhlobo besimanje sitshela
indlu
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by IamSINZ(m): 6:44am On Jul 04, 2017
dacovajnr:
Baba don vex grin

Lol! grin Morning bruh..
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Rico96(m): 6:45am On Jul 04, 2017
I don't really have d urge to feel regret in my decisions.... I slap it off by being strong for what's coming. I've seen great ladies be it wife or girlfriend material but my regret was being too focus in my school days and not giving my all to them then.... But now is like more responsibility than young dude that can rock and roll. That perfect person might be hell if you really know him so drop the impression of emphasizing more of what you don't have and try your possible best to cherish what you gat*

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by crowley(m): 6:48am On Jul 04, 2017
Benita27:
Please my mind is swaying, & thinking afar. when you say you dont derive your happiness from any guy/man, am i over thinking it or do you mean you are a donut bumper
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by patola080(m): 6:48am On Jul 04, 2017
piroux:
Hi, i'v been in a state for the past couple of months and i am wondering if others have ever been through it.

I was a 20 year old in my final year and there was this wonderful guy who was crazy about me. He was nice, sweet, caring, selfless and Godly but.... at the time, i thought i was too young and wasnt ready for a serious relationship and he was.
He was a few years older, also in his final year and was very serious about me. I didnt want to be married too young to my first boyfriend so i lied to him about having another boyfriend sad which i didnt have. He was hurt but he let things be, i later confessed to him when we graduated but he didnt trust me anymore and i let things be. Years have passed and i have met cuter, richer, more intelligent guys but no one has cared about me as selflessly as he did. Now, i find myself thinking what if?
Who knows, i might not be happier or as fulfilled but a part of me wishes i had given him a chance, you know? So share your own stories....
Op dat is wot happen to u wen u think dat u re the most important thing or most beautiful woman in d world u take ur husband as boyfriend and boyfriend as husband at the end of ur life u re d type dat will come here to say that men re evil

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by oribi(m): 6:49am On Jul 04, 2017
The amount of people viewing this topic is scary....
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 6:51am On Jul 04, 2017
I turned down very good guys because of one I was in love with and committed to.

Turns out the one I loved was a fraud.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by mecussey(m): 6:52am On Jul 04, 2017
piroux:

Sorry, its not my birthday today, i mistakenly filled in that date.

You are not trustworthy, u did not mistakenly fill that but I will let things be.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Lionessza(f): 6:54am On Jul 04, 2017
Martin0:
hmmmmm intresting stories am just wondering how what guy's will be thinking of u both,you both have really dealt with relationship,Ngakho-ke isimo sakho sobuhlobo besimanje sitshela
indlu

The question should be, do we give a damn what those guys think? And the answer is ; no fuc*KS given here. I don't understand what you wrote.
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 6:58am On Jul 04, 2017
Aguyhasnoname:
Here to read lies...
the 1st being the author in this thread cheesy. Can I sit here and read with you, incase you miss something? I'll bring coke and chips
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by Nobody: 7:01am On Jul 04, 2017
handsomeclouds:

And you didn't try to check them up again, if the brother still lives there

I don't go to my hometown very often because of the distance lol. But I've thought about it. Wondered if they still live in the same house. The reason I've never actually went is because life goes on. People get married etc. The only reason I'd go now is just to say thank you because I was truly touched by their hospitality. Until today I cannot forget. It made such a huge impact because I needed some love & care at that moment. I was going through a personal crises.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by chiron(m): 7:07am On Jul 04, 2017
Benita27:

SO WHERE DO DERIVE YOUR HAPPINESS FROM??
Re: Have You Ever Regretted Saying No To A Person? Why? by LorDBolton(m): 7:07am On Jul 04, 2017
ZarZar:
OK, I don't regret it per se but I've always wondered what if.

I met a "perfect stranger" once, it was when I was about 17 or 18 years old. It was the school holidays & I was going back to my hometown, to spend time with relatives. My sister dropped me off at the bus terminus & I boarded my bus, really not looking forward to the long journey ahead. I was sitting alone, the seat next to me was empty & I put a bag on it on purpose because I didn't feel like small talk with whomever was going to sit next to me. The bus moved from one city to the next, it was there that he boarded the bus. There was not that much available space inside, so I had to give up "my" other seat. I didn't even look up to see who was sitting next to me, I was feeling that much antisocial at the time tongue

A very long moment of silence between us went, but then he broke the ice by asking if it was my 1st time going to EL. I told him no I was born there. He admitted it was his 1st time & that he was going there to meet his brother. The conversation soon moved on to other general things. We were no longer strangers. He talked a lot lol. As he spoke, I was busy "studying" him. He was attractive wink

Long story short, he did some things for me during our trip, that really touched me to the core. 1) was when the bus stopped so we could all stretch some legs & buy refreshments. I've bought food before I boarded the bus but I didn't buy anything to drink. I planned to buy some juice at the place where it stopped. But it was dark & freezing cold outside, so I didn't feel like going outside the heated bus. He said he wanted to buy airtime at the convenient store & asked if I needed anything. I gave him money to bring me some juice. To my surprise, he came back with so many things, he could barely hold them. He gave me back my money & said everything he bought was for me, his "new friend". I almost cried. Honestly, I'm easily touched by random acts of kindness. I was really digging him at this point, just not in a BF/GF kind of way. Anyway, the next morning we arrived at my hometown. It was raining hard.This guy quickly bought an umbrella & we huddled under it like a couple grin I told him I was gonna go catch my taxi home, but he begged me to wait with him. His brother was coming to fetch him. Since he's been good to me & it was his 1st time, I decided to sit with him until his brother arrived. When his brother arrived, he offered to drop me home. Amazingly, we were going to the same part of the city, so it wasn't going to be an inconvenience on their part. His brother told me he had to 1st drop groceries at his house as some things were going to melt. I had no problem going with them because he was talking to his wife on the phone, so I knew I was safe going with them to their house. OMG, when we got there, the wife made such a huge fuss over me. She thought I was the younger brother's GF lol. I explained that we met at the bus, she said but you make such a cute couple blah blah blah grin She said no you can't go home now, you have to come in for breakfast etc. I spent almost 3 hours with them. They were such a lovely family & they treated me like family too. Later they dropped me off at home. I saw them again 2 or 3 times after. I was invited to a party they were throwing. The "boo" gave me his cell number, but I didn't have a phone at the time, so we kinda lost touch that way.

I will never forget those people for as long as I live. Plus I was at a dark place in life at the time, so they really made me feel like I was human, yanno.

Smiles... You were young and naive sha

Hope you no longer this "cheap" tho

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Do Guys Like This Really Exist? / Nigerian Lady Weds Her Best Friend In A Simple Wedding In London. Photos / MY EXPERIENCE With Women After I Travelled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.