Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,897 members, 7,817,644 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) (12966 Views)

Boko Haram Vs Religion Of Islam / Anambra Catholic Church Massacre VS Religion Indifference / Boko Haram Vs Religion Of Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by JackBizzle: 9:34am On Jul 07, 2017
urheme:

JackBizzle, you again.

Perhaps God would have created you as a virus or bacteria...then you will know how they check back to hell when the Holy Spirit arrives that sick body.....henhen... i remember when i received my healing.....come and see them running out grin grin grin grin grin grin...no i didn't see them

Okay.

Urheme, I will become a Christian when a pastor heals an amputee. When that leg grows back
Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:46am On Jul 07, 2017
JackBizzle:
grin

Josh.

If there is so much evidence why haven't you convinced one single atheist here?

And why have Christians turned atheists on this section?

why is Christianity growing rapidly in atheist religious China ?

why did the population of atheists fall massively after the communist governments fell in the 20th century ?

why are people renouncing atheism in their numbers?

at this rate atheists will be below 1 percent of the total world population by 2030

1 Like

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:53am On Jul 07, 2017
JackBizzle:

Okay.

Urheme, I will become a Christian when a pastor heals an amputee. When that leg grows back

In the same olodo thread you opened questioning miracles and instigating a conflict between science and religion , you still want the limb of an amputee to be restored ? You also questioned the resurrection of Christ claiming that it contravenes science insinuating that it should regarded as a myth , yet you desire what you are against , a miracle ?

Ladies and gentlemen , the devil must be embarrassed by the vacuity shown by modern atheists. The reasoning is just egregious!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by lepasharon(f): 10:15am On Jul 07, 2017
Iamanigerianguy what say you?
Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by dalaman: 10:17am On Jul 07, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

In the same olodo thread you opened questioning miracles and instigating a conflict between science and religion , you still want the limb of an amputee to be restored ? You also questioned the resurrection of Christ claiming that it contravenes science insinuating that it should regarded as a myth , yet you desire what you are against , a miracle ?

Ladies and gentlemen , the devil must be embarrassed by the vacuity shown by modern atheists. The reasoning is just egregious!

That is because clear cut miracles never happen. Just prove that miraxles are real by heling and amputee and restoring his/her amputated limbs back then we will believe. You can't force people to believe your mythology that lack evidence.
Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by JackBizzle: 10:19am On Jul 07, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Ebuka! Why?

Do you even reason at all? The reason I ask for the healing of an amputee is that I know it is impossible just like Jesus rising fro. The dead in 3 days.

Receive sense

1 Like

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by spacetacular(f): 10:23am On Jul 07, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

I did try to forewarn him about the futility of this piece which he began and appealed that he save himself from embarrassment by first stating his opening arguments which supported his questions but he chose to yell and bicker and thinking he can have his cake and eat it too.

Here he is now making an obviously mutually exclusive comment (having his cake and eating it) which is impossible.

I did say he talks first and thinks later. He keeps confirming it.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by JackBizzle: 10:24am On Jul 07, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

why is Christianity growing rapidly in atheist religious China ?

why did the population of atheists fall massively after the communist governments fell in the 20th century ?

why are people renouncing atheism in their numbers?

at this rate atheists will be below 1 percent of the total world population by 2030

The same China that churns out more bhuddists and atheists? Oga, what is the percentage of Christians there?

1 Like

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by JackBizzle: 10:25am On Jul 07, 2017
spacetacular:

I did try to forewarn him about the futility of this piece which he began and appealed that he save himself from embarrassment by first stating his opening arguments which supported his questions but he chose to yell and bicker and thinking he can have his cake and eat it too.

Here he is now making an obviously mutually exclusive comment (having his cake and eating it) which is impossible.

Hahn, hardmirror, lepasharon

I suspect this to be an alt account. The stoopidity and azzlicking is all too familiar

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by spacetacular(f): 10:32am On Jul 07, 2017
JackBizzle:

I suspect this to be an alt account. The stoopidity and azzlicking is all too familiar

Whose arse am I "licking"? I simply agreed to a post which echoes all I tried telling you and preventing you from doing last night. Stop being scared of me but rather do the right thing so you can have a "credible debate".

Present your evidence and arguments which support your questions. You occupy a side of the debate divide so its only proper we read your opening arguments.
Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by JackBizzle: 10:33am On Jul 07, 2017
spacetacular:

Whose arse am I "licking"? I simply agreed to a post which echoes all I tried telling you and preventing you from doing last night. Stop being scared of me but rather do the right thing so you can have a "credible debate".

Swerve.

1 Like

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:34am On Jul 07, 2017
lepasharon:
Iamanigerianguy what say you?

@ lepasharon: I have consciously and intentionally refrained from commenting on this thread cheesy

Let me just add that a belief in God should be a personal matter, while science should be public and be used as a tool. When you mix both you can get into sticky situations.
Furthermore, I see a lot of , shall I say, unenlightened positions, taken here by many contributors especially on the side of religion. The atheist/humanist side exhibits much better erudition and sounder arguments (though I am not an atheist).

This debate is very old, dating back at least 500 years to the reformation in Europe and the Age of Enlightenment. It has influenced the course of history, wars, politics and civilization. The positions being rehashed here have already been advanced in writing and debate and developed on.
Many people need to catch up on their reading of Luther, Calvin, Descartes, Bertrand Russel, Dawkins and others.
A very good book you can download online to get an overview of the arguments is A History of Western Philosophy by Bertrand Russel. It is one of the best books you might ever read.

@lepasharon
@JackBizzle

2 Likes

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:34am On Jul 07, 2017
JackBizzle:

Ebuka! Why?

Do you even reason at all? The reason I ask for the healing of an amputee is that I know it is impossible just like Jesus rising fro. The dead in 3 days.

Receive sense

My brother , that is what I'm trying to say na . The thread is as empty as the person who created it cheesy. I'm not surprised you don't understand.
Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by spacetacular(f): 10:35am On Jul 07, 2017
JackBizzle:

Swerve.

I am still here and will be until you do the right thing by FIRST presenting your opening arguments.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by JackBizzle: 10:37am On Jul 07, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

My brother , that is what I'm trying to say na . The thread is as empty as the person who created it cheesy. I'm not surprised you don't understand.

What the heck are you saying?

Can ya pastor heal an amputee or nah?
Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:40am On Jul 07, 2017
spacetacular:

My sister that is the JackBizzle we know . Thoughts come eons after he has taken action . He has never failed to disappoint.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by JackBizzle: 10:46am On Jul 07, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

My sister that is the JackBizzle we know . Thoughts come eons after he has taken action . He has never failed to disappoint.

The Same jackbizzle that destroys your failed arguments consistently?

Mr "Hitler was an atheist"

Mr "Zuckerberg was never an atheist"

1 Like

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by JackBizzle: 10:46am On Jul 07, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

@ lepasharon: I have consciously and intentionally refrained from commenting on this thread cheesy

grin
Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:50am On Jul 07, 2017
spacetacular:

I am still here and will be until you do the right thing by FIRST presenting your opening arguments.

I don't think he understands what you mean . I think you are expecting too much from him while in reality he offers so little or just nothing.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by HardMirror(m): 10:51am On Jul 07, 2017
JackBizzle:

not interested in the matters of idi0ts Pls.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:56am On Jul 07, 2017
dalaman:

That is because clear cut miracles never happen. Just prove that miraxles are real by heling and amputee and restoring his/her amputated limbs back then we will believe. You can't force people to believe your mythology that lack evidence.

Miracles can be performed by both theists and atheists . Atheists in witchcraft are casting spells and muttering incantations to the elements of nature for miracles to happen . Atheists in han folk religion in China are magically casting out evil spirits through exorcism. And you are here trying to be skeptical about miracles like the deists?

Nairaland atheists are bad comedians .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:58am On Jul 07, 2017
JackBizzle:

The Same jackbizzle that destroys your failed arguments consistently?

Mr "Hitler was an atheist"

Mr "Zuckerberg was never an atheist"

Hitler was an atheist and Zuckerberg was never an atheist . I'm not sure how someone can destroy the truth .

But you are an atheist so ....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by lepasharon(f): 11:02am On Jul 07, 2017
JackBizzle:

We will soon know who is behind that account!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by JackBizzle: 11:09am On Jul 07, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Hitler was an atheist and Zuckerberg was never an atheist . I'm not sure how someone can destroy the truth .

But you are an atheist so ....

Zuckerberg stated that he was an atheist in his Facebook profile.

Hitler never renounced God.

Ebuka the lyin king

1 Like

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by JackBizzle: 11:10am On Jul 07, 2017
HardMirror:

not interested in the matters of idi0ts Pls.

cry
Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by spacetacular(f): 11:18am On Jul 07, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

Let me just add that a belief in God should be a personal matter, while science should be public and be used as a tool. When you mix both you can get into sticky situations.
Furthermore, I see a lot of ignorant positions taken here by many contributors especially on the side of religion. The atheist/humanist side exhibits much better erudition and sounder arguments (though I am not an atheist).
This debate is very old, dating back at least 500 years to the reformation in Europe and the Age of Enlightenment. It has influenced the course of history, wars, politics and civilization. The positions being rehashed here have already been advanced and developed on.
Many people need to catch up on their reading of Luther, Calvin, Descartes, Bertrand Russel, Dawkins and others.
A very good book you can download online to get an overview of the arguments is A History of Western Philosophy by Bertrand Russel. It is one of the best books you might ever read.
@lepasharon
@JackBizzle

Hey JackBizzle do you remember I quoted from Bertrand Russell and you rubbished it. Here you see him being mentioned again by someone who obviously knows much more than you do.

Read up and stop clowning.

2 Likes

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by spacetacular(f): 11:21am On Jul 07, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

I don't think he understands what you mean . I think you are expecting too much from him while in reality he offers so little or just nothing.

Oh my word! How can anyone not understand what it means to have an opening argument when he wishes to have a debate?

He asks questions and does not know that an opening argument is either in support or opposition to the position he wishes to occupy which in this case is atheism.

You cannot call anything a "debate" until you have given us an opening argument. How is this too hard to understand?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 11:21am On Jul 07, 2017
spacetacular:

Hey JackBizzle do you remember I quoted from Bertrand Russell and you rubbished it. Here you see him being mentioned again by someone who obviously knows much more than you do.

Read up and stop clowning.

A miracle! First common ground I have found with @spacetacular grin grin grin ;
Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by HardMirror(m): 11:30am On Jul 07, 2017
dalaman:

the way Christians claim God answers prayers, one wld expect at least one amputee being restored even just once in 20years. yet every day thousands of people thank God for miracles. one shld really be curious.

1 Like

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by spacetacular(f): 11:34am On Jul 07, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

A miracle! First common ground I have found with @spacetacular grin grin grin ;

We have a lot of common grounds sir affinity would show that we do a lot more than we both think. I love Bertrands works and his sound reasoning most times.

I have a few of his books such as Why I Am Not a Christian and Religion & Science plus a few others. I read the history of western philosophy briefly (not completely) and that was about 4years ago and come to think of it I cannot fathom why I didn't finish it. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 11:41am On Jul 07, 2017
[quote author=spacetacular post=58213027]

We have a lot of common grounds sir affinity would show that we do a lot more than we both think. I love Bertrands works and his sound reasoning most times.

I have a few of his books such as Why I Am Not a Christian and Religion & Science plus a few others. I read the history of western philosophy briefly (not completely) and that was about 4years ago and come to think of it I cannot fathom why I didn't finish it. smiley[/quote

Hmmm. Interesting. You know he's a leading light of the atheist movement and a vicious critic of Christianity ? Don't you ? He always makes me laugh when he describes the christian position as 'illogicality taking refuge in revelation'

1 Like

Re: Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) by CatfishBilly: 11:42am On Jul 07, 2017
spacetacular:

I have a few of his books such as Why I Am Not a Christian and Religion & Science plus a few others. I read the history of western philosophy briefly (not completely) and that was about 4years ago and come to think of it I cannot fathom why I didn't finish it. smiley
You read Bertrand Russell and you're still a Christian?
How did that happen? shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

There Is No Free Will In The Bible So Enough Of The Lies. / "My Haters Are My Advertisers" - T.B Joshua Reveals His Church Secret / Why You Place Your Bible So Close To You On The Bed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.