Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (256) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (699110 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Dancingpotato(f): 9:47am On Oct 03, 2017
ElDeeVee:

Oshey!!! Owo GA. Baba epp me na
lwkmd
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by slinkman(m): 10:37am On Oct 03, 2017
TWoods:

It’s october... you have no idea how to register for the SAT, you have no idea what school you will be applying to (or even the country!), their requirements and whether the school is worth your effort with respect to your long term goals (if you have any). You don’t know the structure of the exam neither are you prepared for it. You have no idea how much schoool will cost you, neither have you planned for contingency. All you know is that you want to be in the states by December (2 months away).

Yours is the most unserious post I’ve seen in the last week or two. Responding to you any further is a waste of time. He who fails to plan is simply planning for his own sure failure.
this is why I am asking for guides and answers ? It could just be a want of mine having things ready by December, but you guys can make me understand it is impossible if it is . I was just humbly asking , no need to get hyped over that .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Patrick2go: 10:51am On Oct 03, 2017
Hello guys, thanks for the invaluable insight shared on a daily basis. I am counting my blessings.

Please, anyone with valuable insight with schools in the US for Masters in logistics and supply chain management with funding.
I would be most grateful to receive your thoughts.

Thank you sir/ma.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by folmus: 10:58am On Oct 03, 2017
slinkman:
this is why I am asking for guides and answers ? It could just be a want of mine having things ready by December, but you guys can make me understand it is impossible if it is . I was just humbly asking , no need to get hyped over that .

Do you really need help? The reg is still on if you want to write in December. Where are you? Lagos? If yes good for you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by folmus: 11:00am On Oct 03, 2017
Patrick2go:
Hello guys, thanks for the invaluable insight shared on a daily basis. I am counting my blessings.

Please, anyone with valuable insight with schools in the US for Masters in logistics and supply chain management with funding.
I would be most grateful to receive your thoughts.

Thank you sir/ma.

Have you taken your GRE already? That's the primary evidence to get funding grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 11:18am On Oct 03, 2017
slinkman:

What guides are you asking for? You need a guide to pick a country for you, pick a college for you, pick a major for you, tell you what the SAT is, perhaps write the exam for you then lead you to your seat on the aircraft? Have you heard of google?

What you’re looking for isn’t a guide, you want to be spoon fed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by slinkman(m): 11:39am On Oct 03, 2017
TWoods:

What guides are you asking for? You need a guide to pick a country for you, pick a college for you, pick a major for you, tell you what the SAT is, perhaps write the exam for you then lead you to your seat on the aircraft? Have you heard of google?

What you’re looking for isn’t a guide, you want to be spoon fed.
you spiral
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by slinkman(m): 11:40am On Oct 03, 2017
folmus:

Do you really need help? The reg is still on if you want to write in December. Where are you? Lagos? If yes good for you.
ofcourse i do bro .. I am in enugu . I know already about all these , but the amount of wrong information and fraudsters in Nigeria at the moment claiming to offer these services makes me question like a noob . It isn't bad learning from scratch . And yes I am dead serious . The other dude was spiraling over what he shouldn't.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Patrick2go: 11:47am On Oct 03, 2017
folmus:

Have you taken your GRE already? That's the primary evidence to get funding grin grin

I have that at the back of my mind already. And prepping myself for it.

I need the insight to mail the schools in view for requisite info.

Thank you sir.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by skido04: 12:51pm On Oct 03, 2017
Gospelozy:
Please reply your pm Sir.
Done
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by chaiks: 1:12pm On Oct 03, 2017
Sanctus1:

ok...thats a good one.PM me ASAP
hello.I v pm u.kindly relate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Akin26: 1:24pm On Oct 03, 2017
Keke Nation i have tried several times to reply your pm but i keep getting failure notice.. you can reach me at tommii4sure@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by femi312: 1:26pm On Oct 03, 2017
slinkman:
It is impossible..There is no way you can land in the US by December on F1 visa right now, your chance is zero. The earliest chance you have is August next year and you ought to have started the process by now, even August next year is eluding you right now as we speak if you don't get to work quick.If you can read the whole thread, read my posts and you should get some insight.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ubah1(m): 1:46pm On Oct 03, 2017
femi312:
It is impossible..There is no way you can land in the US by December on F1 visa right now, your chance is zero. The earliest chance you have is August next year and you ought to have started the process by now, even August next year is eluding you right now as we speak if you don't get to work quick.If you can read the whole thread, read my posts and you should get some insight.

Impossible kee. You make me laugh. grin.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 1:54pm On Oct 03, 2017
femi312:

Sometimes, I’ve learnt you’ve got to let the ignorantly incorrigible crash and burn on their own. I may be spiraling (whatever the heck that is), but at least I’m not the one fooling myself into thinking I can simply come on a web forum, ask silly questions and then run off to America in 8 weeks. Good luck to him.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Sanctus1(m): 1:56pm On Oct 03, 2017
Ladson:
must I do wes evaluation before I applied for master
credit : bigfrancis21

If you have a copy of your transcript already with you, you can do the WES evaluation yourself to see if the final , before you go ahead and pay for the official evaluation. Here is how you do it:

any A you have still remains A = 4 points
your B becomes a B+ = 3.33
your C becomes a B = 3.00 points
your D becomes a C+ = 2.33
your E becomes a C = 2 points
your F still remains an F = 0 (but do not include any failed courses as part of your calculation, only the years that you passed them).

The rest of the CGPA calculation is as usual.

A 3-unit course you made a C in (the C is now a B on the US scale = 3 points) now becomes 3 units * 3 points = 9 grade points.
A 2-unit course you made a D in now becomes C+ = 2.33 = 2 * 2.33 = 4.66 grade points
A 2-unit course you made an E in now becomes C = 2 points = 2 * 2 = 4.00 grade points and so on.

As usual, sum up all your grade points, and divide by the total number of units you did from first year to final year (excluding the units for all failed courses), that should gi
Please sir whats the possible outcome for 2.99 on our 5.0 scale
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by femi312: 2:06pm On Oct 03, 2017
Ubah1:

Impossible kee. You make me laugh. grin.
Before you jump on stuffs nextime to say nonsense, try to know what is being talked about. Since its possible, kindly advice him on how to go about it.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by femi312: 2:07pm On Oct 03, 2017
Sanctus1:

Go to WES.org and use the online calculator to calculate it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by femi312: 2:07pm On Oct 03, 2017
TWoods:

Sometimes, I’ve learnt you’ve got to learn the ignorantly incorrigible to crash and burn on their own. I may be spiraling (whatever the heck that is), but at least I’m not the one fooling myself into thinking I can simply come on a web forum, ask silly questions and then run off to America in 8 weeks. Good luck to him.
Yeah Exactly, its just sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Mgrichboss(m): 2:17pm On Oct 03, 2017
slinkman:
ofcourse i do bro .. I am in enugu . I know already about all these , but the amount of wrong information and fraudsters in Nigeria at the moment claiming to offer these services makes me question like a noob . It isn't bad learning from scratch . And yes I am dead serious . The other dude was spiraling over what he shouldn't.

Chairman.. Your December deadline to leave Nigeria for Yankee can not be achieved.. Then u have to go to the drawing board.. Register and read for the SAT.. Acing it will help u with financial aids and scholarships.. Even if you get admission to US for 2018 fall, you can't travel down until 30days to the resumption of your program so cancel December or that your target from ur mind... Make google your best friend.. Research work by yourself helps.. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Mgrichboss(m): 2:20pm On Oct 03, 2017
Sanctus1:

For 2.99 converting it on a 4.0 scale, i strongly believe it should be around 2.39 or 2.49 but check on wes website sha.. They have a free igpa calculator

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by folmus: 2:26pm On Oct 03, 2017
Patrick2go:

I have that at the back of my mind already. And prepping myself for it.

I need the insight to mail the schools in view for requisite info.

Thank you sir.

Let it be at the front of your mind. Check Uni of Houston. A friend graduated from there with same course. GRE is a must. So no short cut grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by folmus: 2:30pm On Oct 03, 2017
slinkman:

Its not spiraling. If you really need help, why are you afraid? Travel to Lagos, I can give you places to go to register and collect your receipts. You are talking as if you are the first person that will start writing the exam. grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Mgrichboss(m): 3:11pm On Oct 03, 2017
folmus:

Its not spiraling. If you really need help, why are you afraid? Travel to Lagos, I can give you places to go to register and collect your receipts. You are talking as if you are the first person that will start writing the exam. grin grin

And he can equally do everything on his own.. It's very easy and convenient to pay with your debit card on college board for SAT.. he's just crying wolf over scammers when they're many ways to stay safe
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 03, 2017
Good day,

Please I need info on how to apply for a masters degree in the US. I would also like to know where I can study for GMAT and GRE. My intended courses are masters in International Relations, International Development, Foreign Policy, Politics and Law. Thank you. intended start date is September 2018.

Thank You.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bigfrancis21: 5:26pm On Oct 03, 2017
Sanctus1:

The thing is our scale and the US scale converge at exactly 3.0. That is 3.0/5.0 will be equivalent to 3.0/4.0. For your gpa, expect something in the range of 2.98 to 3.05 out of 4 points. Or you can do a manual conversion yourself if you have a copy of your transcripts to be sure.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bigfrancis21: 5:32pm On Oct 03, 2017
slinkman:
thanks a lot for this broad explanation brother . Please do you have any idea where I can go apply for this exam and when I will take it? What are the things to expect from this SAT and TOEFL? Is it just a strictly English exam? I actually am targeting and hoping to start everything now and getting to the states by December or January if everything goes well . I have an idea of studying in either Australia or The US. Please which would you advice for a first time traveler ? And which would be less expensive? Can a budget of 3 to 4 million naira accomplish this for atleast a year? That's successfully pay for visa and everything involved and a year or two school fees ? Also does Australia require TOEFL and or SAT? Thanks a lot . I have no idea about any of this hence my much awkward weird questions bro

If you are in Enugu, the SAT exam can be taken in Enugu. They have a center there. You can register online.

N3m to N4m is a good amount to start with and should take you through your first year in school, at least.

The only school I could find still accepting applications is University of Houston Victoria for Spring 2018 until November 15. I think TOEFL and SAT are waived but I strongly recommend taking the SAT exam for embassy purposes. Also in the absence of SAT, expect to take placement tests upon arrival except you take the SAT before leaving Nigeria and do well in it. It is impossible to travel by December given the time frame but you may by possibly early January if you obtain admission from UHV in time and also your visa.

https://www.uhv.edu/international/apply/deadlines/

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Damilare5882(m): 5:42pm On Oct 03, 2017
Mgrichboss:

For 2.99 converting it on a 4.0 scale, i strongly believe it should be around 2.39 or 2.49 but check on wes website sha.. They have a free igpa calculator
haba... 2.39 biti nawo.... You want give us hypertension.... You con add strongly belive join... Fear God ooo

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:11pm On Oct 03, 2017
Mgrichboss:

if WES is used it will be higher than 2.49 ....more around 2.90+ range....if in doubt, calculate it using an example by bigfrancis21 course by course to get an accurate estimation

cc Sanctus1

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Mgrichboss(m): 7:23pm On Oct 03, 2017
Damilare5882:
haba... 2.39 biti nawo.... You want give us hypertension.... You con add strongly belive join... Fear God ooo

grin grin strongly believe
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by dayjeee(m): 7:25pm On Oct 03, 2017
melochic:
Good day,

Please I need info on how to apply for a masters degree in the US. I would also like to know where I can study for GMAT and GRE. My intended courses are masters in International Relations, International Development, Foreign Policy, Politics and Law. Thank you. intended start date is September 2018.

Thank You.
Not many u.s schools offer international relations, except the ivy schools. have decided to settle for M.A history or strategic intelligence instead.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Mgrichboss(m): 7:44pm On Oct 03, 2017
Please i want to ask something and it's very urgent.. Can i start my application & send my bank statement and affidavit of support first to the school before before they receive my SAT score and WES evaluation.. Is it advisable i do that and what's the implication even as i have eyes on scholarship.. Please help

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.