Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (257) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (697974 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 03, 2017
Hello house, in a situation where one had to retake a course, which score will be used in the final conversion to a 4.0 scale
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 8:58pm On Oct 03, 2017
Mgrichboss:
Please i want to ask something and it's very urgent.. Can i start my application & send my bank statement and affidavit of support first to the school before before they receive my SAT score and WES evaluation.. Is it advisable i do that and what's the implication even as i have eyes on scholarship.. Please help

You haven’t gotten to that point yet. They still have to offer you admission first.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 8:59pm On Oct 03, 2017
melochic:
Good day,

Please I need info on how to apply for a masters degree in the US. I would also like to know where I can study for GMAT and GRE. My intended courses are masters in International Relations, International Development, Foreign Policy, Politics and Law. Thank you. intended start date is September 2018.

Thank You.

There is no special info... google and the schools you ultimately choose have all the information you need. Email or call the schools directly.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Mgrichboss(m): 9:02pm On Oct 03, 2017
TWoods:

You haven’t gotten to that point yet. They still have to offer you admission first.

Sorry bro.. The school's policy is that all necessary documents including financial statements should be in your file before admission decision is made! I don't know, should i still suspend it?
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TWoods(m): 9:44pm On Oct 03, 2017
Mgrichboss:

Sorry bro.. The school's policy is that all necessary documents including financial statements should be in your file before admission decision is made! I don't know, should i still suspend it?
Thanks

Ok then go ahead. They’ve made it clear what they want. If in doubt, reach out to the program coordinator

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:54pm On Oct 03, 2017
Mgrichboss:
Please i want to ask something and it's very urgent.. Can i start my application & send my bank statement and affidavit of support first to the school before before they receive my SAT score and WES evaluation.. Is it advisable i do that and what's the implication even as i have eyes on scholarship.. Please help

hummm Daddy has a lot of money ehnn..abeg share some this one you dey think of implication wink

depending on what kind of scholarship. if its merit based then there is no implications. you are given based on your profile /academic ability. if you are applying based on need based (although there are fewer of this for international ) then yes your financial earning is taken into consideration

if its a school that you are very keen on attending then yes ... you can send what you have and send the rest requirements making sure its all in time before the deadline
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Dancingpotato(f): 10:25pm On Oct 03, 2017
does ETSU accept WES or direct transcript from school? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by sirhamilton(m): 10:45pm On Oct 03, 2017
Dancingpotato:
does ETSU accept WES or direct transcript from school? Thanks

Hello, I hope this answers your question.

http://www.etsu.edu/gradstud/internationaladmissions.php

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by slinkman(m): 11:23pm On Oct 03, 2017
bigfrancis21:

If you are in Enugu, the SAT exam can be taken in Enugu. They have a center there. You can register online.

N3m to N4m is a good amount to start with and should take you through your first year in school, at least.

The only school I could find still accepting applications is University of Houston Victoria for Spring 2018 until November 15. I think TOEFL and SAT are waived but I strongly recommend taking the SAT exam for embassy purposes. Also in the absence of SAT, expect to take placement tests upon arrival except you take the SAT before leaving Nigeria and do well in it. It is impossible to travel by December given the time frame but you may by possibly early January if you obtain admission from UHV in time and also your visa.

https://www.uhv.edu/international/apply/deadlines/
thanks a lot brother . I swear if you dey around eh, for carry you go drink . Few question as I understand this much more now . If I apply for the SAT, like when would I write it? And what languages does it comprise of ? Or it is just an English based exam? Will I still meet up with the school's admission if I go ahead with the SAT?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Mgrichboss(m): 11:32pm On Oct 03, 2017
LagosismyHome:

hummm Daddy has a lot of money ehnn..abeg share some this one you dey think of implication wink

depending on what kind of scholarship. if its merit based then there is no implications. you are given based on your profile /academic ability. if you are applying based on need based (although there are fewer of this for international ) then yes your financial earning is taken into consideration

if its a school that you are very keen on attending then yes ... you can send what you have and send the rest requirements making sure its all in time before the deadline

Lol.. Our Daddy yohh @ Lagosismyhome.. I'd wanted to pm you when I'm entering but you don help my case already.. Popsy no get money oo.. One just has to thread with caution on US affairs. Thanks sir

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Mgrichboss(m): 11:37pm On Oct 03, 2017
slinkman:
thanks a lot brother . I swear if you dey around eh, for carry you go drink . Few question as I understand this much more now . If I apply for the SAT, like when would I write it? And what languages does it comprise of ? Or it is just an English based exam? Will I still meet up with the school's admission if I go ahead with the SAT?

November 4th own, it's registration ends on Thursday being 5th while December 2nd own has a registration deadline of November 2nd.. It comprises Maths and English.. For meeting up with school's admission with SAT, it's a sure thing nd make sure u ace it.. It'll improve your chances for financial aid and scholarships!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bobman(m): 12:26am On Oct 04, 2017
Morning guys, please who knows any community college that offers postgraduate diploma in any program related to construction.. I have searched but couldn't ARKANSAS STATE UNIVERSITY..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by ponpon(m): 12:29am On Oct 04, 2017
melochic:
Good day,

Please I need info on how to apply for a masters degree in the US. I would also like to know where I can study for GMAT and GRE. My intended courses are masters in International Relations, International Development, Foreign Policy, Politics and Law. Thank you. intended start date is September 2018.

Thank You.

Use google sir but I can help with these

Write Standardized tests x</= January

Decide on what you want to do and find programs on https://www.petersons.com , hotcoursesabroad.com and https://www.internationalstudent.com/school-search/usa/

Note: Some programs have different names so learn keywords as you search on.

Don't trust (100%) the information on the above websites but it should lead you to the school's website. a. Check graduate admission requirements b. Check admission requirements for international students c. Check deadlines on admission portal d. visit your department's portal for specific deadline and information on funding/assistantship.

From here you'll transition to the next phase.

Write tests it's like JAMB/WAEC but no runs

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by drhopeful: 12:52am On Oct 04, 2017
drhopeful:
Hello dear people..... Please who has recently renewed passport in Washington DC? I need guidance. It seems New York and Atlanta are a bit more organized but those locations are too far and I am really swamped with school / house work. Thanks in anticipation!
Anyone with helpful information?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:57am On Oct 04, 2017
bobman:
Morning guys, please who knows any community college that offers postgraduate diploma in any program related to construction.. I have searched but couldn't ARKANSAS STATE UNIVERSITY..

ARKANSAS STATE UNIVERSITY is not a community college.

if you are looking for post graduate which is usually a masters level and above then the program would not be in a community college
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:08am On Oct 04, 2017
Mgrichboss:

Lol.. Our Daddy yohh @ Lagosismyhome.. I'd wanted to pm you when I'm entering but you don help my case already.. Popsy no get money oo.. One just has to thread with caution on US affairs. Thanks sir

i no be Sir oooo. i am a SHE cool

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Timi1990(m): 5:33am On Oct 04, 2017
Spring 2018 applicant interested in paying for application fee, WES and sevis fee can contact me through email. I have funds to exchange at affordable rate .

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by johnsonm2g: 5:37am On Oct 04, 2017
Please gurus in the , I want to start admission processing for my younger one to some university in the US. Please, is he expected to pay all first year tuition before the school can provide him with necessary materials needed for visa application and what are the documents needed for the visa application? I will be glade for your kind response Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Timi1990(m): 5:48am On Oct 04, 2017
johnsonm2g:
Please gurus in the , I want to start admission processing for my younger one to some university in the US. Please, is he expected to pay all first year tuition before the school can provide him with necessary materials needed for visa application and what are the documents needed for the visa application? I will be glade for your kind response Thank you.

Answer : not all schools require you to pay in full; most will give you the grace of mid semester to complete payment.
Also , apply to schools , gain admission, apply for visa , go for interview, book your flight and land in Yankee . grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Sanctus1(m): 8:11am On Oct 04, 2017
Damilare5882:
haba... 2.39 biti nawo.... You want give us hypertension.... You con add strongly belive join... Fear God ooo

I just weak my brother
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Sanctus1(m): 8:16am On Oct 04, 2017
LagosismyHome:

if WES is used it will be higher than 2.49 ....more around 2.90+ range....if in doubt, calculate it using an example by bigfrancis21 course by course to get an accurate estimation

cc Sanctus1
I was denied admission reason being that my GPA is low...was just wondering...but they said I can switch to an undergraduate program
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by johnsonm2g: 8:26am On Oct 04, 2017
Timi1990:

Answer : not all schools require you to pay in full; most will give you the grace of mid semester to complete payment.
Also , apply to schools , gain admission, apply for visa , go for interview, book your flight and land in Yankee . grin
Thanks for the response . Please do you know what and what document I'm to present ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 8:27am On Oct 04, 2017
Ladson:
walspring same messages...yahoo mail of not delivered..mail address not correct.
please help me this is my email.. bolaji.oladipo@eng.uniben.edu

I replied your pm.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Mgrichboss(m): 8:29am On Oct 04, 2017
LagosismyHome:

i no be Sir oooo. i am a SHE cool

Noted Ma.. No mind me oohh!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 8:32am On Oct 04, 2017
peterderock4dei:
Pls house i want to ask a question. Must one legalize his or her documents bf goin 4 interview 2 embassy? Pls help a bro

As for US embassy is not needed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by folmus: 8:35am On Oct 04, 2017
Azcreativ:
Thank God for all the well meaning brothers on this forum. I seriously need your insight on this:

I graduated with 3.25 cgpa "computer engineering"
GRE raw score Quant:145, Verbal:143, AWA:expecting.
I have over 5years working experience in the field of IT, coupled with different professional certifications.

please how do I go about admission with funding and which schools will u advice I approach.

course of choice:
electrical and computer engineering or any related course.

thanks in anticipation.

for pm: adenijiazeez@gmail.com

I dont want to discourage you. Why dont you try another GRE? Your score is a bit low couple with your CGPA. A good GRE score above 300 should get you your request.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by eddyme(m): 8:47am On Oct 04, 2017
joshtune:
I applied for UG program so I don't really know much about their PG admissions but UVU has an open enrolment for undergraduate students I don't know if that extends to PG. The requirements for a PG program would be the same for all universities, GRE, SAT, TOEFL, statement of purpose, transcripts bank statements etc I sat for TOEFL but I didn't submit it. (The information is here but I can't find the post) Also I think you'll need to show that you've been into Info Tech before you can be admitted because that's not what you studied in UG. The application fee for grad students is $145 UG is $100. If I find the post I'll send it to you. The admission process is the same you just need to follow the same pattern as others.

Please can you help me out with her tuition fee for UG I intend applying for cs I also have ND
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Damilare5882(m): 9:20am On Oct 04, 2017
Sanctus1:

I was denied admission reason being that my GPA is low...was just wondering...but they said I can switch to an undergraduate program
did you Check the cgpa cutoff requirement before applying??... If yes, what was the cutoff?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by mrjojo: 9:23am On Oct 04, 2017
Azcreativ:
Thank God for all the well meaning brothers on this forum. I seriously need your insight on this:

I graduated with 3.25 cgpa "computer engineering"
GRE raw score Quant:145, Verbal:143, AWA:expecting.
I have over 5years working experience in the field of IT, coupled with different professional certifications.

please how do I go about admission with funding and which schools will u advice I approach.

course of choice:
electrical and computer engineering or any related course.

thanks in anticipation.

for pm: adenijiazeez@gmail.com
kindly rewrite the GRE

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Geedhey(m): 9:40am On Oct 04, 2017
Morning every one plz what's the current price of GRE what centers are available in mainland. anyone that has written in lagos (Mainland )
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Azcreativ(m): 9:54am On Oct 04, 2017
Geedhey:
Morning every one plz what's the current price of GRE what centers are available in mainland. anyone that has written in lagos (Mainland )

Google Bymafit at Ikeja

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.