Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,913 members, 7,814,080 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (309) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (696692 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Walspring: 5:18pm On Nov 01, 2017
ifechez:

Tanx

Let's give all the thanks to God.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by biikeys(m): 5:59pm On Nov 01, 2017
Kevoki:
Hello house pls who knows anyone that has moved from the US to canada as a student...since canada offers one opportunity to work after studies. How was the transitioning like? Pls help a brother wit information. Thanks in advance

Just know that most students don't move up for opportunity to work after studies..but contact gboyegad if that's what you want.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bublin(m): 6:21pm On Nov 01, 2017
1.) Since you have the 100level results copy, suggest to the dept secretary to contact your past 100level Course Adviser and verify the grades by calculating it with other levels to see if it corrolate with your CGPA, also verify from one or two past lecturer records.

Also involve your Dean,Hod and some notable prof in the dept.

2.) You can also contact your school DVC(academics) , Dean of Student for help.

3.) You shouldnt accept the D.E suggestion ,because where is the qualification you used for the D.E?

I hope these help.

lasthero:
Hello my nairaland family. Please I need advice.

I am having a pathetic situation with my school for over 2 months now. I applied for official transcript from academic unit and I was told that they could not find my 100level results. I
Was told to go to my department and tell them to resend it. On getting to my department, they also said they can't find my 100level results. They have been searching for over 2 months according to them and yet no positive results. This same school graduated me 5 years ago and issued my original BSc certificate.

I have cried to both academic unit and my faculty to help me and not spoil my life as I can't meet up with spring 2018 again, I don't want fall to pass me by and my official transcript is the only delaying factor to the schools I have applied to.

After I have disturbed my faculty severally, the secretary is suggesting that they should convert me to direct entry student instead of jambite and with that, I won't need my 100level results. But my concern is that I failed a course in 100level which was re-written in 2nd year. Won't that be a red flag to schools I am applying to?,. Seeing just one first year result in a transcript?.

My family is suggesting we sue the school and the department to court. Won't this complicate issues further?. I'm just confused. It pained me that I couldn't meet up with spring. I don't want to miss the next fall.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by onemanarmy: 7:20pm On Nov 01, 2017
Trump land. Team GRE2018...Fall session. God bless us all...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Sharles: 7:29pm On Nov 01, 2017
Can one reschedule date and location for visa appointment
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Dupsaw: 10:13pm On Nov 01, 2017
Walspring:

Let's give all the thanks to God.

Still waiting for your response sir.

Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by gbaby4live: 11:32pm On Nov 01, 2017
Hello Fam,
Please I really need your help and your contributions..

I applied to Robert Morris University in Pittsburgh and I was given admission to study my dream course which is Cyber Security for Fall 2017, but I couldn't make it, so I had to defer till Spring 2018 which I was provided a new admission letter reflecting Spring 2018..
Since I'm fully prepared for Spring 2018, I made my enrollment deposit which is $500 to the school excited that I'm gonna begin my studies by January. Thanks to Walspring who actually helped in making the $500 deposit fee..Much love Baba

Few days after the payment, I received a message from their immigration team that I should work with my admission counselor to defer my admission to Fall 2018 that my I-20 cannot be issued..

Although, I have another school as a back up, but I really need someone to give hint on how to go about requesting for the refund of my enrollment deposit because I was not inform that they can't process my I-20 for Spring 2018 before making the deposit..
I have tried all my best to convince the school that the I-20 process can still work, but they keep on directing me to mail their immigration team director, which I did and no feedback..
I've sent them several mails but no feedback..

The school is genuine but it now looks as if they've actually defrauded me..

Please, I really need suggestions on what to do so as to get back my money..

I was actually thinking of reporting them to EducationUSA.,

Please, what do you think I can do fam?

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by aktoxine: 11:33pm On Nov 01, 2017
Hi House, i applied to two schools for my MBA programme. I have opted for the one with concentration inn Finance over the other with concentration in accounting. The reason being that am an ACCA student with one paper left and my ACCA can largely cover for my accounting field. Now if the VO asks why do i prefer the school i opt for, is it safe to tell the VO that i want to delve more into core finance as my ACCA covers most of the MBA Accounting syllabus. More importantly, what if the VO asks if am chartered? is it safe to tell him i have one paper left (P3 Business Analysis) which i have enrolled to write come December 7?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 12:22am On Nov 02, 2017
Osunguy:

I hope its not a *no name school*

If you guys want to be competitive in U.S labor market after school despite the strict restriction posed by DHS on non immigrant status, you better look for good schools. One field any kind of school is good for is Healthcare/medical profession because no school name is needed to secure you a job. And in some healthcare professions, you get employed straight from/out of school.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 12:22am On Nov 02, 2017
jerrypeacelinks:
Please o, what is the right thing to answer when one is asked where he or she will be staying during the programme? Is the answer not School Hostel?

Am a little bit confused as a friend dropped by to tell me he learnt that choice of answer is usually wrong.

No one cares about the right or wrong answer to where you will be staying during your studies (home or dormitory). Just prove that you will be attending your classes while you stay near the school and don't say you will be staying in New York City and be attending school in Maimi, Florida..... study the map of your state.

I guess the friend was talking about undergrad within minor age that are mandated to stay on campus. Some schools don't even have dormitories, so tell me how where one would stay is so important to the VO?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Pemisire4ever: 12:24am On Nov 02, 2017
Hi Walspring,

Please, I would like to have your contact if you don't mind. I have few questions to ask you sir for clear understanding.

Anyone who can help with Walspring contact should please help as it is urgent.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 12:47am On Nov 02, 2017
jerrypeacelinks:
Yes. I must attend the orientation which means I have to leave before that 10th January. My complaint is that while booking for my visa appointment, I selected departure for 10th January not knowing that date was for new freshers orientation. My mind had always been on 17th January, 2018 being the resumption date.

I've been in 2 schools in U.S but I've never attended any orientation before. If your travel plan changes unexpectedly, I don't see how attending orientation or not is a big deal. You're only going to miss few info which you will get to know later.

Best of luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 12:48am On Nov 02, 2017
Alphaman007:
Hello guys I'm a young man in his early 20's and just got a BSc in psychology in Nigeria... I wanted to further to specialize in clinical psychology but i discovered I'm not really interested... My interest lies in the medical field and I'm thinking of switching... Although my o'level isn't science originated which i think could pose a problem. But i recently read online that anyone from any background could study medicine, physician assistance assistant or nursing provided he/she passes the prerequisites in form of pre-med, pre-nursing in the USA etc... Please how true is this as I require an honest advice if possible from someone who has gone through it....

Yes. This is absolutely correct.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Sanctus1(m): 12:53am On Nov 02, 2017
imperiouxx:

If you guys want to be competitive in U.S labor market after school despite the strict restriction posed by DHS on non immigrant status, you better look for good schools. One field any kind of school is good for is Healthcare/medical professions because no school name is needed to secure you a job. And in some healthcare professions, you get employed straight from/out of school.

you have said it all baba
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 12:55am On Nov 02, 2017
djfrancis:

I totally understand you but a pathway program is not just because of the english requirement or proficiency. There are different reasons for an indivindividual to undertake the pathway program. If for instance the undergraduate gpa is low (and I fall into this category), one can do a pathway program to gain admission. I'll try to convince the VO, otherwise I'd reapply again later. Afterall, there is no harm in trying smiley

But why even after your BS and MS in UK? undecided

There are thousands of schools to apply to that will give you a regular admission.

Well, all the best!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 1:01am On Nov 02, 2017
Lala234:
Hello
As a 19 years old boy, can I present my bank statement at the embassy even though I will be telling the VO my parents are sponsoring me?

My parent have valuable properties with low inflow (Low account balance now, they spent on my elderlys of recent) at the moment, but my account is very much better. Can I present my account even though my parents are sponsoring me?

Vo: who's sponsoring you?
Me: My parents
Vo: What do they do?
Me: Dad is the director of.......
...,...Mum owns a........
Vo: Can I see your Bank Statement?

Then she sees it's my account statement am presenting.,..

Am thinking am too young to say am sponsoring myself

The quote and the bold would lead you to misrepresentation..... you need to think about your action again.

If you're not self sponsor on your I-20, then what your statement has to do with your interview?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 1:06am On Nov 02, 2017
djfrancis:

Which will you advice. A graduate certificate prprogram
or a graduate pathway program?

U.S is different from UK. As an international student, all these programs you mentioned are not considered as regular admission and getting visa for such may be impossible.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by blessurance(m): 1:11am On Nov 02, 2017
please guys, can someone write exam with a 2months-to-expire international passport? Or, must it be six months before the expiration date?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:33am On Nov 02, 2017
blessurance:
please guys, can someone write exam with a 2months-to-expire international passport? Or, must it be six months before the expiration date?

as long as it has not expired on the day of the exam you should be okay .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:36am On Nov 02, 2017
imperiouxx:

If you guys want to be competitive in U.S labor market after school despite the strict restriction posed by DHS on non immigrant status, you better look for good schools. One field any kind of school is good for is Healthcare/medical professions because no school name is needed to secure you a job. And in some healthcare professions, you get employed straight from/out of school.

Chairman I Salute oooo cool

@bold kindly give specific examples of these healthcare degrees or professions. thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by amanze15(m): 3:27am On Nov 02, 2017
please stay safe and vigilant.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by folmus: 6:05am On Nov 02, 2017
djfrancis:

Why is your reasoning so immature and myopic? I'm baffled to say the least.
First, there is nothing like natural academic progression. An individual can have as many degree he/she desires as long as the person is able to defend it. If I decide to do x amount of master's or even b.sc., I dont think there is a problem with that.
Secondly, all I asked for was advise and I think thats what this group was created for and not to look down on people. If you don't have a solution to an issue, keep shut and waka pass.

The dog that will miss road will not listen to the whistle of the hunter. You've proven to be an iconoclast despite your education which is meant to broaden your mindset. Is pathway or certificate the same as B.sc or masters as alluded? You will have difficulty getting your student visa which is the summary. But if that agent has advised you to go ahead, continue. But share your transcript later for others to learn. grin

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by richiepolymer(m): 6:11am On Nov 02, 2017
If you plan to use WES evaluation and your school converts your records to direct entry in your transcript, WES will request the records that led to exemption of your 100 level. So think about it.

lasthero:

I am having a pathetic situation with my school for over 2 months now. I applied for official transcript from academic unit and I was told that they could not find my 100level results. I
Was told to go to my department and tell them to resend it. On getting to my department, they also said they can't find my 100level results. They have been searching for over 2 months according to them and yet no positive results. This same school graduated me 5 years ago and issued my original BSc certificate.

I have cried to both academic unit and my faculty to help me and not spoil my life as I can't meet up with spring 2018 again, I don't want fall to pass me by and my official transcript is the only delaying factor to the schools I have applied to.

After I have disturbed my faculty severally, the secretary is suggesting that they should convert me to direct entry student instead of jambite and with that, I won't need my 100level results. But my concern is that I failed a course in 100level which was re-written in 2nd year. Won't that be a red flag to schools I am applying to?,. Seeing just one first year result in a transcript?.

My family is suggesting we sue the school and the department to court. Won't this complicate issues further?. I'm just confused. It pained me that I couldn't meet up with spring. I don't want to miss the next fall.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ijebuboy525: 7:22am On Nov 02, 2017
yomcy2016:
Hey fam, Please I need to get my medicals done before i travel for spring, please are there any designated hospitals one should go to or can it be done in a gov't hospital like Lasuth?
Share your transcript please

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Mgrichboss(m): 8:29am On Nov 02, 2017
lasthero:

Don't allow your village people to win this war. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Mgrichboss(m): 8:35am On Nov 02, 2017
This case is really complicated honestly.. Let God see you through my brother
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Damilare5882(m): 8:44am On Nov 02, 2017
Please whoever has dollars to sell should please contact me, I need to pay my sevis fee .. I will pay in naira.. Please it's urgent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by folmus: 9:02am On Nov 02, 2017
Damilare5882:
Please whoever has dollars to sell should please contact me, I need to pay my sevis fee .. I will pay in naira.. Please it's urgent

Pm @bigfrancis
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Damilare5882(m): 9:31am On Nov 02, 2017
folmus:

Pm @bigfrancis
we have talked.. He's short of dollars @ the moment
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by dadydee(m): 9:49am On Nov 02, 2017
Good morning House.. Pls I will like u to pls assist me in this.. I applied for an admission at a university in Maryland and I was granted admission, but ave my degree here in Nigeria. I will be going for interview any moment from now but will love to know what the VO will like to ask and guide on what to say. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 9:50am On Nov 02, 2017
Damilare5882:
we have talked.. He's short of dollars @ the moment

COntact Mr. Walspring too. He can help you pay SEVIS too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.