Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,909 members, 7,814,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (310) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (696688 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Sanctus1(m): 9:53am On Nov 02, 2017
dadydee:
Good morning House.. Pls I will like u to pls assist me in this.. I applied for an admission at a university in Maryland and I was granted admission, but ave my degree here in Nigeria. I will be going for interview any moment from now but will love to know what the VO will like to ask and guide on what to say. Thanks

be specific ...which degree are you going for ? which one do you have already
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by dadydee(m): 10:03am On Nov 02, 2017
Sanctus1:

be specific ...which degree are you going for ? which one do you have already

Tho, graduated from LAUTECH. (ACCOUNTING) But my uncle is the one helping me up with the admission process.. he's based down there but he chus accounting again for me to come and study
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 10:04am On Nov 02, 2017
dadydee:
Good morning House.. Pls I will like u to pls assist me in this.. I applied for an admission at a university in Maryland and I was granted admission, but ave my degree here in Nigeria. I will be going for interview any moment from now but will love to know what the VO will like to ask and guide on what to say. Thanks

It means you have not been following this thread. You probably just signed up. Spare sometime and go through previous threads from the beginning. You will see questions and answers from successful and denied visa candidates. Work on those and improve upon yours. You will also see links to documents on compiled testimonies.

However, please do well to share your testimonies with us when you attend your interview as it will help a lot of us learn and prepare better. Cheers. I wish you the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by dadydee(m): 10:06am On Nov 02, 2017
jerrypeacelinks:

It means you have not been following this thread. You probably just signed up. Spare sometime and go through previous threads from the beginning. You will see questions and answers from successful and denied visa candidates. Work on those and improve upon yours. You will also see links to documents on compiled testimonies.

However, please do well to share your testimonies with us when you attend your interview as it will help a lot of us learn and prepare better. Cheers. I wish you the best.

Thanks I will do that but still need help.. Graduated as an accounting student and still applying for the same course.. hope it will be nice
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 10:17am On Nov 02, 2017
dadydee:

Tho, graduated from LAUTECH. (ACCOUNTING) But my uncle is the one helping me up with the admission process.. he's based down there but he chus accounting again for me to come and study

MAke it clearer. Are you going back for a fresh undergraduate degree? Or a Masters or even Ph.D? grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by dadydee(m): 10:20am On Nov 02, 2017
jerrypeacelinks:

MAke it clearer. Are you going back for a fresh undergraduate degree? Or a Masters or even Ph.D? grin

Going for a Fresh undergraduate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Sanctus1(m): 10:26am On Nov 02, 2017
dadydee:

in the same field ...how will you explain to the VO? probably VOs will think is a waste of money..why not try something different and link it up or even go for something higher like MSC.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by dadydee(m): 10:34am On Nov 02, 2017
Sanctus1:

in the same field ...how will you explain to the VO? probably VOs will think is a waste of money..why not try something different and link it up or even go for something higher like MSC.

Really I was unable to get my transcript from the school den due becos of the strike before he start the process, so there's no way i can apply for masters without me having the transcript but he said I can still do the same course.. but that's my fear
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 10:38am On Nov 02, 2017
dadydee:

Just like @Santus1 has advised, I will subscribe to the M.Sc thing too as another undergraduate in the same course might bring suspicion or a misinterpretation of intent. The question now will be, does it mean Accounting wasn't taught properly in your school? Think about it bro. We can also allow the gurus and legends here decide. My opinion is just from common sense.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 10:44am On Nov 02, 2017
dadydee:

Really I was unable to get my transcript from the school den due becos of the strike before he start the process, so there's no way i can apply for masters without me having the transcript but he said I can still do the same course.. but that's my fear

I would advise, if you want to do something, do it well. Do not start your career journey with confusion that will probably take forever to re-adress or correct. Its better late than late so hence wait for FALL semester to pursue for an M.Sc. Your Uncle is not a VO by profession to know if it matters or not. Meanwhile, I will advise you bug your school to release your transcript to allow you puruse an M.Sc in Accounting. Again, I am not too experienced, but my common sense seems to still be active and thats why am using it grin. I wish you luck bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by folmus: 10:46am On Nov 02, 2017
dadydee:

How old are you? You must be able to demonstrate you are a true student having had a Bsc in the same course. If you can cogently and convincingly defend yourself. ..........Good luck!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by dadydee(m): 10:48am On Nov 02, 2017
folmus:

How old are you? You must be able to demonstrate you are a true student having had a Bsc in the same course. If you can cogently and convincingly defend yourself. ..........Good luck!

29yrs
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 10:53am On Nov 02, 2017
folmus:

FOLMUS for PRESIDENT grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Sanctus1(m): 10:59am On Nov 02, 2017
dadydee:

since that's the case i think you should probably mail the school to change the course to something related to accounting..with that you can at least escape the *same course issue*. belive am not the VO but i will definitely take it as a waste if time and money going for same course
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Damilare5882(m): 11:01am On Nov 02, 2017
Walspring:

Let's give all the thanks to God.
oga walspring ..please reply your mail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 02, 2017
jerrypeacelinks:

FOLMUS for PRESIDENT grin grin grin

Nairaland President grin grin grin

You are the vice president.
grin cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:48am On Nov 02, 2017
dadydee:

29yrs

at 29 do you really want to spend the next 4 years doing a BSC that u already done especially something similar

what the value in that ? . try to get your transcript and aim for the next academic progression which is a masters

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by dadydee(m): 11:59am On Nov 02, 2017
texrem:

Congrats...not taxrem....I am not a tax-reminder....texrem biko cheesy cheesy

Sir, pls u pls DM me ur mail account pls...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by djfrancis: 12:20pm On Nov 02, 2017
imperiouxx:

But why even after your BS and MS in UK? undecided

There are thousands of schools to apply to that will give you a regular admission.

Well, all the best!

So are suggesting waiting for fall 2018?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by folmus: 12:22pm On Nov 02, 2017
DeeTus:

Nairaland President grin grin grin

You are the vice president.
grin cheesy grin

Yes, since he couldn't discern the underline meaning of the post. President ko, Governor ni grin grin grin grin Conditional statement.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by gbaby4live: 12:23pm On Nov 02, 2017
gbaby4live:
Hello Fam,
Please I really need your help and your contributions..

I applied to Robert Morris University in Pittsburgh and I was given admission to study my dream course which is Cyber Security for Fall 2017, but I couldn't make it, so I had to defer till Spring 2018 which I was provided a new admission letter reflecting Spring 2018..
Since I'm fully prepared for Spring 2018, I made my enrollment deposit which is $500 to the school excited that I'm gonna begin my studies by January. Thanks to Walspring who actually helped in making the $500 deposit fee..Much love Baba

Few days after the payment, I received a message from their immigration team that I should work with my admission counselor to defer my admission to Fall 2018 that my I-20 cannot be issued..

Although, I have another school as a back up, but I really need someone to give hint on how to go about requesting for the refund of my enrollment deposit because I was not inform that they can't process my I-20 for Spring 2018 before making the deposit..
I have tried all my best to convince the school that the I-20 process can still work, but they keep on directing me to mail their immigration team director, which I did and no feedback..
I've sent them several mails but no feedback..

The school is genuine but it now looks as if they've actually defrauded me..

Please, I really need suggestions on what to do so as to get back my money..

I was actually thinking of reporting them to EducationUSA.,

Please, what do you think I can do fam?

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Damilare5882(m): 12:53pm On Nov 02, 2017
godG:
If anyone is trying to pay application fee, I can help. Exchange rate = #355. �
how about sevis
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by godG: 1:09pm On Nov 02, 2017
Damilare5882:
how about sevis

Well, as much as I would love to, I'm not sure my schedules would let me. I wouldn't want to be procrastinating the payment of an important stuff like SEVIS fee. sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:13pm On Nov 02, 2017
gbaby4live:

The first step is to understand if this deposit is refundable or not. i couldnt find much about this but saw this below .. if that the case then it refundable until a certain date so find the international office or program coordinator and say you need a refund but if you do then it most likely you lose the admission

Admissions Procedure
Notification of admission is sent on a rolling basis beginning August 1. Reply is required by May 1 or within two weeks if notified thereafter. $500 tuition deposit, refund-able until May 1. $250 room deposit, refundable until May 1. Freshmen may

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Osunguy: 1:41pm On Nov 02, 2017
imperiouxx:

If you guys want to be competitive in U.S labor market after school despite the strict restriction posed by DHS on non immigrant status, you better look for good schools. One field any kind of school is good for is Healthcare/medical professions because no school name is needed to secure you a job. And in some healthcare professions, you get employed straight from/out of school.
Baba I really appreciate you for replying my message, is 'Masters in Healthcare Administration' a good healthcare profession ?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by gbaby4live: 2:12pm On Nov 02, 2017
LagosismyHome:

The first step is to understand if this deposit is refundable or not. i couldnt find much about this but saw this below .. if that the case then it refundable until a certain date so find the international office or program coordinator and say you need a refund but if you do then it most likely you lose the admission

Admissions Procedure
Notification of admission is sent on a rolling basis beginning August 1. Reply is required by May 1 or within two weeks if notified thereafter. $500 tuition deposit, refund-able until May 1. $250 room deposit, refundable until May 1. Freshmen may

Thanks for replying.
I already messaged the International admission team, but no response from them..
I'll definitely message them again, requesting for refund maybe they will get back to me when they see Request for enrollment deposit refund as the subject of the mail..

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Olamsanj: 2:33pm On Nov 02, 2017
Good day everyone! Last 3 weeks makes it my 4th time of going to the embassy for my F1 visa, yet no positive outcome which is weighing me down seriously cuz I convinced the VO about my intention to the study in the United States and that I'd be on my way back to Nigeria after my education but at the end, all I get is denial letter ☹️ Please gurus in the house I need your advice, should I forget about pursuing my education in the United States or not cuz the resumption date is 9th of January or I reapply again. Please I need your ideas
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by folmus: 2:35pm On Nov 02, 2017
Olamsanj:
Good day everyone! Last 3 weeks makes it my 4th time of going to the embassy for my F1 visa, yet no positive outcome which is weighing me down seriously cuz I convinced the VO about my intention to the study in the United States and that I'd be on my way back to Nigeria after my education but at the end, all I get is denial letter ☹️ Please gurus in the house I need your advice, should I forget about pursuing my education in the United States or not cuz the resumption date is 9th of January or I reapply again. Please I need your ideas

Post your transcripts.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ijebuboy525: 2:47pm On Nov 02, 2017
Olamsanj:
Share your transcript for advice

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.