Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (311) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (696663 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Olamsanj: 2:48pm On Nov 02, 2017
i just sent you a mail, please reply bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ijebuboy525: 2:51pm On Nov 02, 2017
dadydee:

Pls can we chat privately? This is my mail giftedhand1988@gmail.com
You've heard the real fact from the gurus, try get your transcript and apply for masters, you need nothing to chat privately about, explain the situation to your uncle, I almost make the same mistake, thank God for this thread.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Olamsanj: 2:58pm On Nov 02, 2017
Me: Good morning sir
VO: Good morning! Please pass me your passport and your i20
Me: Passes him
VO: Why are you going to the United States
Me: I'm going to the United States to pursue my undergraduate degree in computer science at VIU
VO: okay, what are you doing presently
Me: I'm presently a computer science junior teacher at ......
VO: what year did you finish secondary school
Me: Last year 2016
VO: why VIU
Me: when I made a decision to study abroad, I went online to make some research on good schools and moreover my computer science teacher is an alumni VIU which he already told me so much about the school, their excellent faculty reputation, great research opportunities. I applied to the school, love their prompt response to my mail and all..........
VO: okay, so why computer science
Me: ever since I was a kid, I have a great passion for computers. I love to play with computers and you know computer science deals with problem solving which is an essential skill for life...I love to study the hardwares and softwares used in solving problems in our scientific , social and business context and so on.....
VO: how many schools did you apply to
Me: two, I named them
VO: okay, did you write any exam
Me: no cuz the school didn't demand for any exam. No toefl, no get and all
VO: okay, who's sponsoring your trip
Me: my aunt
VO: what's she doing
Me: she's the regional branch manager at ......
VO: how close are you
Me: she's my immediate elder sister
VO: are you married or single? With smiling face*
Me: I'm single
VO: sorry, your visa can't be approved. Reapply if you want to
Me: I was like what happened, I answered every questions you ask me, so why

That's how it went ooo ☹️
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by jordan122(m): 3:17pm On Nov 02, 2017
Olamsanj:
Me: I'm going to the United States to pursue my undergraduate degree in computer science at VIU
Me: when I made a decision to study abroad, I went online to make some research on good schools and moreover my computer science teacher is an alumni VIU which he already told me so much about the school, their excellent faculty reputation, great research opportunities. I applied to the school, love their prompt response to my mail and all..........
Me: ever since I was a kid, I have a great passion for computers. I love to play with computers and you know computer science deals with problem solving which is an essential skill for life...I love to study the hardwares and softwares used in solving problems in our scientific , social and business context and so on.....

Bro sorry for your delay... I want you to work on this two questions and refire.Why this school and why this course your respond is not show that you have Plan for this course in future and you need to tell the VO the queen reasons why you want to study in this school ......wise you best of luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by dikru2002(m): 3:20pm On Nov 02, 2017
good day everyone, am a graduate of psychology from university of Ibadan. I would love to do my m.sc in u. s.
secondly am an Alfa with beards won't that be a barrier with the V. O during interview. and I can't remove it for a trillion dollars..
your advice will be highly appreciated
thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:21pm On Nov 02, 2017
Olamsanj:
Me: when I made a decision to study abroad, I went online to make some research on good schools and moreover my computer science teacher is an alumni VIU which he already told me so much about the school , their excellent faculty reputation, great research opportunities. I applied to the school, love their prompt response to my mail and all..........

sorry but you did not do proper research ........firstly your aunty cannot suddenly changed to Sister . Secondly Off all the computer science program in the US you choose Virginia International University .......

There are so many established universities in the US , Apply to a quality school / program that ask for Test Scores. ..... Also This statement is wrong "their excellent faculty reputation, great research opportunities"... No they don't

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by folmus: 3:22pm On Nov 02, 2017
[quote author=Olamsanj post=62006215]Me: Good morning sir
Me: I'm going to the United States to pursue my undergraduate degree in computer science at[b] VIU[/b]

Now you see why you were denied. Choose another school asap and apply for Fall 2018. VIU is a redflag.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Olamsanj: 3:42pm On Nov 02, 2017
[quote author=folmus post=62007007][/quote]

Which school can I apply to please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by lionlee216(m): 3:42pm On Nov 02, 2017
dikru2002:
good day everyone, am a graduate of psychology from university of Ibadan. I would love to do my m.sc in u. s.
secondly am an Alfa with beards won't that be a barrier with the V. O during interview. and I can't remove it for a trillion dollars..
thanks

Well nothing is impossible. Immigration policy are starting to get more strict with the recent terrorist attacks in NY.

You should be able to convince the VO that you are genuine and if the VO aint convinced, then you might want to focus your search on another country.

I am not saying you are a bad person but some bad people are making it tough for Muslims to enter into the US and hereby making Trump to be justified the way he looks/sees Muslims

Shalom

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Olamsanj: 3:51pm On Nov 02, 2017
[quote author=folmus post=62007007][/quote]

Please which schools are available to apply for guys?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by jordan122(m): 3:53pm On Nov 02, 2017
Which school can I apply to please [/quote]

You can check Cleveland state university in Ohio
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by hormohh(f): 3:55pm On Nov 02, 2017
atrapon:
The eagle has finally landed!!!!!!!
Brethren, it has happened ooo, I woke up around 1am and started rehearsing the possible interview questions done by Baba Texrem and Chief Blacnewton, I started praising God from 4am to 5am. Then off to embassy from Obalende where I lodged, I was still standing beside the keke when a police man asked me to come down, I come dey reason where I go come down from, omor na em dey collect my file o, begin ask about the SOA, make I call me sister, I come change am for them, naso dey carry me and two other guys with fake SOA to ATM machine, those guys withdrew and sorted their way leaving stubborn me there around after 6.they come give me my PASSPORT make I dey go after enough argument. (first victory)
I got to the embassy around 6:15 am, after all said and done.... Fast-forward to the interview

I was interviewed by the man at window 4 after denying first 5 applicants

VO: come over, good morning

Me :good morning to you sir and how was your night

Vo: fine thank you ,tell me about your school,

Me:illinois state university is the first public university in Illinois, founded in... He cuts in

Vo: how did you hear about the school

Me :i got to know about Illinois state university through my undergraduate professor who happened to be my academic adviser

Vo:he cuts in,,,,OK, he schooled there

Mesadomor,I said,see finishing touches )yes, he got his doctorate degree there... he wanted to cut in,,, me I no gree bcoz that is my strong area.. I continued, He told me how reputable the school is, I went online and did extensive research and confirmed it.

Vo: why are you going for this course

Me: because it is consistent with what I studied at my undergraduate and inline with my professional experience
Vo:so u studied chemistry
Me:yes
Vo:so you have been teaching in a high school(reading from ds160)
Me:yes,for over seven years, (he nodded)
Vo:why are you going for this course NOW
ME:i discussed with my proprietress, 4 years ago about my career plan which is 4-2-4 formation ( I come dey form arsene wenger) 4 years with them, proceed for two years masters, come back for another 4years before going for a lecturing job... (I killed him there)
Vo:tell me about your sponsor
Me:she is my sister, she owns a private school in Lagos and owns chemical industry
Vo:did u write gre or gmat
Me:no
Vo:they didn't require them
Me:yes
Vo:what is an isotope(i went blank and pinched my self, are you mad, I come remember the word sorry u are not qualified, na em I just answer... Isotope is simply atoms with the same number of proton but with different number of.... I wan call nucleus,,, neutron just comot my mouth....

The magic word came forth.... I will be approving your visa... Bla blabla

I came back and was looking for my passport, na me I remember say the man dey with am

Hint
Be confident ,always find a way to relate ur proposed course with ur undergraduate course and ur professional experience... Make sure u have lasted in your place of work...above all PRAYER IS KEY... I told God to put 'why this course now' in the Vo's mouth

Appreciation to good hearted Walspring, ever ready Texrem and brilliant Blacnewton

Congrats oo.. Please how can i get in touch with Texrem and brilliant Blacnewton. please I want to ask them some private question, if u dm my email i will really appreciate that

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by folmus: 4:43pm On Nov 02, 2017
Olamsanj:

Which school can I apply to please

Choose schools that require SAT and TOEFL.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Oluiyke1984(m): 4:57pm On Nov 02, 2017
Olamsanj:

Your aunt can't be your Immediate elder sister.
Refire jor, have someone do a mock interview, look straight into the eyes of the VO and dont give a panic impression.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by biikeys(m): 4:59pm On Nov 02, 2017
Oluiyke1984:

Your aunt can't be your Immediate elder sister.
Refire jor, have someone do a mock interview, look straight into the eyes of the VO and give a panic impression.

You're not getting the point here...no need giving any 'panic' impression. First VIU!!, then no tests written...it's all written in black and white

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by iekene(m): 5:00pm On Nov 02, 2017
Olamsanj:

Work on the bolded areas. You just left school 2016 are you sure now now you have gotten a job as a computer science teacher. Why VIU your answers given were not strong enough also are you sure your high school teacher is an alumni of VIU . You aunt is sponsoring your trip but she's your immediate elder sister When asked how closed she is to you you should have given strong reasons why shes choosing to spend millions in your education and not your direct parents.

Sorry about your delay.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:32pm On Nov 02, 2017

But on a separate topic , someone who finished secondary school last year 2016 is already a computer science junior teacher , That says a lot about Nigeria and the direction it going .

It has nothing to do with the person who posted but sad to hear and a reflection to why our education system is going down the drain . The person might be good but how can someone be a teacher with no higher training or qualification .

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by samakinbo: 5:32pm On Nov 02, 2017
Olamsanj:

You did your best jare
Don't mind this guy's. They don't know the stress one goes through before appearing for the interview.
If naija good why shd we waste our hard earn money for travel purpose. They are just using us to make bastard money. Deny 25 people and give 1
God will do the best for you

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by signature2012(m): 5:34pm On Nov 02, 2017
dikru2002:
thanks

@bolded really crack my ribs.I wish you best of luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 5:36pm On Nov 02, 2017
DeeTus:

Nairaland President grin grin grin

You are the vice president.
grin cheesy grin

Na me be Accountant General for the Nairaland Government grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 5:40pm On Nov 02, 2017
Olamsanj:
Good day everyone! Last 3 weeks makes it my 4th time of going to the embassy for my F1 visa, yet no positive outcome which is weighing me down seriously cuz I convinced the VO about my intention to the study in the United States and that I'd be on my way back to Nigeria after my education but at the end, all I get is denial letter ☹️ Please gurus in the house I need your advice, should I forget about pursuing my education in the United States or not cuz the resumption date is 9th of January or I reapply again. Please I need your ideas

KINDLY SHARE YOUR VISA INTERVIEW TRANSCRIPT. That way suggestions could be made for you to make ammends. I feel your pain. But in all. try to be cheerful. Its not the end of life baba. You can always do better.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 02, 2017
LagosismyHome:

But on a separate topic , someone who finished secondary school last year 2016 is already a computer science junior teacher , That says a lot about Nigeria and the direction it going .

It has nothing to do with the person who posted but sad to hear and a reflection to why our education system is going down the drain . The person might be good but how can someone be a teacher with no higher training or qualification .
Lols
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 02, 2017
samakinbo:

You did your best jare
Don't mind this guy's. They don't know the stress one goes through before appearing for the interview.
If naija good why shd we waste our hard earn money for travel purpose. They are just using us to make bastard money. Deny 25 people and give 1
God will do the best for you
Hahahahaha. They will continue to torment you guys. The problem with Nigeria is that the leaders see opportunity to serve the people as survival of the fittest.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by lionlee216(m): 6:26pm On Nov 02, 2017
signature2012:

@bolded really crack my ribs.I wish you best of luck.

Why did it crack you up? grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by HonNellymike12(m): 7:24pm On Nov 02, 2017
Good day to you all, nice work u are all doing here, I just booked my visa interview today, anyone for December 5th, 6:45am, let's rob mind ooo. Visa fall on urs by the grace of God

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by richiepolymer(m): 8:16pm On Nov 02, 2017
Check your mail. Sent u a pm

HonNellymike12:
Good day to you all, nice work u are all doing here, I just booked my visa interview today, anyone for December 5th, 6:45am, let's rob mind ooo. Visa fall on urs by the grace of God

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by HonNellymike12(m): 8:19pm On Nov 02, 2017
richiepolymer:
Check your mail. Sent u a pm

OK bro

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Kevoki(m): 8:28pm On Nov 02, 2017
eldee365:

Hello smiley

I haven't seen Anyone move from USA to Canada, but i personally is planning to follow that route, my plan is to do msc in USA, then hopefully PhD in Canada, try to get Permanent residency After that...

Hope this Helps smiley
Cheers smiley
We seem to have same plan eldee, I'm just trying to know if anyone has gone thru d route and know how it was. Thanks so much
Btw, are in the USA, if so pm me let's talk
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Kevoki(m): 8:29pm On Nov 02, 2017
biikeys:

Just know that most students don't move up for opportunity to work after studies..but contact gboyegad if that's what you want.

Don't move up. I don't understand
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Lala234: 8:44pm On Nov 02, 2017
imperiouxx:

The quote and the bold would lead you to misrepresentation..... you need to think about your action again.

If you're not self sponsor on your I-20, then what your statement has to do with your interview?
Thank you very much sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Lala234: 8:49pm On Nov 02, 2017
Hello
Evening everyone.
Since Nigeria doesn't make use of grading system, my school is asking if my transcript should be prepared in year or class. (Jss11 to SS3 or Year 1 to 6) thanks for the previous response.

Lagosismyhome, Deetus, bigfrancis21, imperiouxx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by biikeys(m): 9:02pm On Nov 02, 2017
Kevoki:

Don't move up. I don't understand

...don't move up north to Canada from here

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.