Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,639 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (314) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (698257 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by righturn: 9:13pm On Nov 03, 2017
tosinooo:
I booked the visa appointment without submitting my DS 160 because I hadn't received my I20 form. What you need while booking the appointment is the application ID of your DS 160 as it's also the same as the confirmation number. you need to note down your application ID and security questions as they will be required for you to retrieve your DS 160 application. So if you indeed get the other offer, you can edit it and submit. Meanwhile, I'm not sure you can edit after submitting your visa appointment application as the Sevis ID must tally with the information in their database. So I'd advice you go ahead and book your appointment as time is running out.

Thank you tosinooo, if i go with your suggestion my visa appointment form will have a different sevis id from my DS-160,because i require a sevis id to complete the application. Would that be an issue?
Also how were you able to book an appointment without a form i 20
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:16pm On Nov 03, 2017
gbaby4live:
@Lagosismyhome, the school didn't reply after sending them mail that I want refund for my enrollment deposit..

I actually dunno what to do because that $500 is not a chicken change..

I really need suggestions on how to go about getting back my money since the school actually failed to enroll me for Spring 2018 that I made enrollment deposit for..

Do universities in USA always act in such manners to prospective international students?

Sometimes a phone call better...send me a pm with some school details and i call the school on Monday

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 9:31pm On Nov 03, 2017
darkmax:
So i was bounced around May and i now i feel like reapplying ...any word of advice?

Read people's transcripts here and work on your lapses. Success in advance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by gbaby4live: 9:32pm On Nov 03, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Sometimes a phone call better...send me a pm with some school details and i call the school on Monday

Yea, thought as much..

I've tried calling them, but all my calls is usually diverted to voicemail, whereby I left voicemail message once and no response as well..

I'll definitely send you PM with my student details and the school International admission team details as well now..

Glory be to God that one of my Back up schools( University of Houston) just notified me of my admission status today that I have been accepted and already planning to ship my i20 without depositing enrollment fee..

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 9:34pm On Nov 03, 2017
nevicochidinma:
guys please who has used eshipglobal for i20 before? where you able to pay from Nigeria?, through which medium? Creditcard Transfer or pay by Cash or Paypal?

Please Help...

I paid through WIRE TRANSFER... They are cool.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by gbaby4live: 9:38pm On Nov 03, 2017
jerrypeacelinks:

Which bank did you use and how much Is all the total cost?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by darkmax: 9:39pm On Nov 03, 2017
jerrypeacelinks:

Read people's transcripts here and work on your lapses. Success in advance.

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 9:46pm On Nov 03, 2017
nevicochidinma:

Please did you get this message?

Yes I did. That was why I used WIRE TRANSFER. GTBank is the best for this exercise as ZENITH BANK will charge you 100$ just to initiate the transfer from your domiciliary account o. Crooks. PM me for further details though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by jerrypeacelinks(m): 9:54pm On Nov 03, 2017
chinemomah2020:

I went straight from home.. but there so many hotels in Obalande close to the embassy. Once you get to Obalende you will find one, very easy to locate.. all the best!

Check your PM bro. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by tosinooo: 10:10pm On Nov 03, 2017
Things you need when booking visa appointment
1) Sevis ID
2) Gtb reference number
3) School code
4) DS 160 application ID.
I requested for my Sevis ID and school code from the school prior to the arrival of my I20 and that was what I used to book my appointment without submitting my DS 160 tho, as I didn't want to make mistakes. I think you can transfer to the other school when you get to US, don't know how that's done tho. I hope this helps
righturn:

Thank you tosinooo, if i go with your suggestion my visa appointment form will have a different sevis id from my DS-160,because i require a sevis id to complete the application. Would that be an issue?
Also how were you able to book an appointment without a form i 20

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Sharles: 11:44pm On Nov 03, 2017
nevicochidinma:
Please can you respond to your pm or how can i reach you?

I reply but it was not going through
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Sharles: 11:52pm On Nov 03, 2017
I just want to say thanks to bigfrancis for helping my pay my sevis fee. Bigups

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 12:19am On Nov 04, 2017
Olamsanj:

Me: I'm going to the United States to pursue my undergraduate degree in computer science at VIU
VO: okay, what are you doing presently

I see the reason you were denied multiple times. I hope you're not one of those that were arguing about how they can get visa with VIU? You better look for a good school and save yourself another episode of psychological breakdown. How did you get this red flag school?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 12:27am On Nov 04, 2017
Oluiyke1984:

Your aunt can't be your Immediate elder sister.
Refire jor, have someone do a mock interview, look straight into the eyes of the VO and dont give a panic impression.

This part is funny. With that red flag VIU admission, the VO won't hesitate to do the needful again.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 12:41am On Nov 04, 2017
samakinbo:

You did your best jare
Don't mind this guy's. They don't know the stress one goes through before appearing for the interview.
If naija good why shd we waste our hard earn money for travel purpose. They are just using us to make bastard money. Deny 25 people and give 1
God will do the best for you

I don't know what you think about people trying to school in U.S. To a genuine student, it's not spending for 'travel purpose' but spending to be educated in U.S. He wasn't forced to apply.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Sanctus1(m): 1:57am On Nov 04, 2017
can someone who has an uncle abroad get a student visa?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by imperiouxx(m): 2:10am On Nov 04, 2017
Sanctus1:
can someone who has an uncle abroad get a student visa?

Yes.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by shakz(m): 2:35am On Nov 04, 2017
shakz:
Hello Sirs/Ma's

Got some questions,
1. I recently applied for an EMBA in Information Technology at Ottawa university, graduated with a B.Eng in Mechanical Engineering. Hope going for an EMBA in IT won't be an issue? I work with a telecommunication servicing company as a Remote monitoring system Engineer.

2. Please does anyone on here knows the school? if yes, could you please throw some light bout the school, thanks

Please house i need help here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:25am On Nov 04, 2017
shakz:
Hello Sirs/Ma's

Got some questions,
1. I recently applied for an EMBA in Information Technology at Ottawa university, graduated with a B.Eng in Mechanical Engineering. Hope going for an EMBA in IT won't be an issue? I work with a telecommunication servicing company as a Remote monitoring system Engineer.

2. Please does anyone on here knows the school? if yes, could you please throw some light bout the school, thanks

This thread is focused on US not canada .... for Ottawa best to check the Canada thread on Nairaland
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by chingynas: 6:38am On Nov 04, 2017
Please i need a mock interview...Who is willing to be of help @bigFrancis @texrem @lagosismyhome and any gurus in the house who can also be of help...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by shakz(m): 6:47am On Nov 04, 2017
LagosismyHome:

This thread is focused on US not canada .... for Ottawa best to check the Canada thread on Nairaland

Thanks for the response, but this is Ottawa University in Kansas USA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 7:00am On Nov 04, 2017
jerrypeacelinks:

Please respond I jst sent you a pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Daslimo: 7:00am On Nov 04, 2017
Good day good people,

I've spent almost my work hours reading through this thread from part 1 but the thing no free finish.
Abeg, can someone help me with a school that doesn't require IELTS? I know GRE is indispensable (almost).

I'd be most grateful
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by bigfrancis21: 7:36am On Nov 04, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 04, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Type out your answers to usual interview questions and email to me. I'll make corrections and send back to you.

Please check your mail..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by chingynas: 9:29am On Nov 04, 2017
Ok bro..Please PM me your email and i will send everything to you..Thank you.
bigfrancis21:

Type out your answers to usual interview questions and email to me. I'll make corrections and send back to you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Ijebuboy525: 9:46am On Nov 04, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Morning boss, please i will also do that, I need mock interview as well

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by cascas: 10:22am On Nov 04, 2017
@bigFrancis pls how do i email you, pls assist i am also interested.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 10:35am On Nov 04, 2017
Guys please is i-901 fees same as SEVIS fees?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:01am On Nov 04, 2017
obiagbaoso:
Guys please is i-901 fees same as SEVIS fees?

Yes

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 11:19am On Nov 04, 2017
all these folks will come Here shout "boss" "guru", " oga", "Lagos mummy", and when they finally get the F1, no transcripts, no give backs.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.