Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,165 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 - Travel (360) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (696939 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by k199192: 6:33pm On Nov 21, 2017
Gracee101:
someone please help answer me

Am a graduate with a low cgpa due to the forceful course program my parents made me to study.
I desire going back to my desired program in nursing maybe for undergraduate transfer or to start afresh to study.
what are my chances getting admitted also getting study visa.
My dear Gracee101 I greet you. Please let's not always blame our parents for somethings that we could have done better. After all, they say, if life shows you pepper, turn it into pepper soup. It wasn't your parents that wrote the exams that led to your low cgpa. Take some responsibility, man up, or in our case woman up, then restrategise. Good luck in your quest of going to the best Country in the world.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by k199192: 6:39pm On Nov 21, 2017
Hello good people of NL. I have made my payment for the i20 so I should be expecting the document next week. But I have a problem.. I have written the school to request that a soft copy of the document be emailed to me so I can facilitate my visa process but they don't want to reply me. I read someone's post here that said as of yesterday 27th of November was still free but today 6th is the closest date. what can I do please.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by darkmax: 7:10pm On Nov 21, 2017
Hi, Guys i just got accepted to Iglobal University but i dont know how to go how to the mailing fee.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Zdoh(m): 7:11pm On Nov 21, 2017
TooMuchSauce:
My visa was approved this morning at the Lagos consulate grin grin grin. Transcript in a bit.
Congratulation bro....

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by alexohams2000(m): 7:11pm On Nov 21, 2017
Hello House, please, is anyone here applying to Liberty University Lynchburg, Virginia? Or do we have a student there already? Kindly let me know please.

God bless us all!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by goodemma20(m): 7:12pm On Nov 21, 2017
k199192:
Hello good people of NL. I have made my payment for the i20 so I should be expecting the document next week. But I have a problem.. I have written the school to request that a soft copy of the document be emailed to me so I can facilitate my visa process but they don't want to reply me. I read someone's post here that said as of yesterday 27th of November was still free but today 6th is the closest date. what can I do please.
you may occupy yourself now by paying the SEVIS fee first, call the international admissions department and tell them if they can send the scanned copy of the I20, if they say no, tell them to mail you your SEVIS number and school code those are the things you need for your SEVIS payment and booking visa...hope this helps

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by k199192: 7:16pm On Nov 21, 2017
goodemma20:
you may occupy yourself now by paying the SEVIS fee first, call the international admissions department and tell them if they can send the scanned copy of the I20, if they say no, tell them to mail you your SEVIS number and school code those are the things you need for your for SEVIS payment and booking visa...hope this helps
thanks man.. now I have double wahala. Dangote just sent me a job offer for his fertiliser plant. Training is abroad. so I guess I might have to defer my admission after all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TooMuchSauce: 7:23pm On Nov 21, 2017
Zdoh:
Congratulation bro....

Thank you bro.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by abeeolars: 7:25pm On Nov 21, 2017
Zdoh:
Congratulation bro....

Yaaaay! Congrats

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TooMuchSauce: 7:25pm On Nov 21, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Congrats ... God bless your new journey

Thanks mami. God bless you for all the good works you've been doing on here.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TooMuchSauce: 7:26pm On Nov 21, 2017
Hushee:

Congrats Bro
Preciate that my man. God bless.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by abeeolars: 7:27pm On Nov 21, 2017
TooMuchSauce:
My Visa Interview Experience Today (6:30 am, Lagos consulate)

The whole experience was surreal, the V.O was smiling for the substantial part of the interview, I got so relaxed at some point that I had my hands in my pocket; it's funny because I was really tensed before the interview started as I was the first to be interviewed by the man and I didn't know what to expect.

This thread provided me with all the information I needed, so it's only right that I contribute to it's continuity.

Things I did to keep me sane before the interview:
1) I prayed
2) I took a deep breath every once in a while
3) I had gum in my mouth to ease the tension
4) I tried to crack a smile every time I had a chance
5) I didn't pay any attention to the interview of people before me because I didn't want anything to mess with my head.

Interview:
VO: Hello good morning
Me: Good morning sir, thank you.
VO: So what school will you be attending in the US?
Me: University of Texas Arlington
VO: oh UT Arlington? (Briefly checked my I20)
Me: Yesssir
VO: Why did you choose UTArlington?
Me: There are three reasons I choose UTArlington over the other school that I got admitted to actually;
Firstly, I reached out to a particular professor, Dr. Ramtin Mandani who carries out research in the domain of nonlinear optimization of power systems and smart grids, and I think he was impressed with my test scores, so he agreed that I'd join his research group once I get on campus; and the research he is working on currently that borders around creating a mathematical model for solving large scale optimization problem is a fantastic research that I look forward to being a part of.
Secondly, I needed a school that offers the degree as an open ended program that would enable me take courses from other specialization subfields of electrical engineering like renewable energy and vehicular technology and MEMS
(He wanted to cut me at this point, I just kept going lol)
Finally, the humid subtropical weather in Texas is close what we experience here in Nigeria, so...yes! It won't be an issue settling in and starting my studies (he smiled and nodded in agreement)
VO: what programming language would you be using for your research?
Me: Matlab (although matlab isn't a programming language per se, I said matlab cos I mentioned something about running simulations with matlab in DS160, so...)
VO: Who will be paying for your schooling?
Me: My dad
VO: what does he do?
Me: He owns a company that deals in importation of electrical cables and supplies across the country.
V.O: Your undergraduate degree was in?
Me: Electrical Engineering
VO: And your masters is in Electrical Engineering too right?
Me: Yes.
VO: Did you have to write any test to get in?
Me: Yes I wrote the GRE and the TOEFL
V.O: How did you do on the GRE?
Me: Told him my score
VO: And TOEFL?
Me: Told him my score
VO: Did you apply to any other school?
Me: Yes
VO: can you mention them?
Me: UNCC and MSU.
VO: And you got admitted to all?
Me: I was admitted into UNCC but not MSU
VO: So what would you be doing after getting the degree?
Me: I would be taking up a lecturing position at my alma mata where I currently work as a research assistant, then after working solely as a lecturer for five years, I would broaden my horizon by juggling that with providing consultancy services in the electrical power industry.
VO: And you worked in NNPC for a while? (He saw it on my DS160)
Me: Yes sir, I was an intern
VO: was it like a summer internship or something, what was the duration?
Me: It lasted for six months.

He typed for a while; and...... Well, you know the rest. Lol

Bro please can you assist with mock. My interview is early december
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TooMuchSauce: 7:27pm On Nov 21, 2017
pbanyem:

congratulation i tap from the anointing

Thanks man, please tap with all pleasure lol.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by TooMuchSauce: 7:29pm On Nov 21, 2017
9ikks:

Congratulations dear. Well I see confidence even from this transcript of yours

Thank you, you have a good eye lol.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Sanctus1(m): 7:33pm On Nov 21, 2017
Gracee101:

Am a graduate with a low cgpa due to the forceful course program my parents made me to study.
I desire going back to my desired program in nursing maybe for undergraduate transfer or to start afresh to study.

what ever the case may be. Try graduate studies first (get information from the school before applying ooh) ..if they say they cant admit you cos of your low GP ,then you can switch to your desired undergraduate course and then prepare yourself to answer the question *why going for another degree*
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by biikeys(m): 7:35pm On Nov 21, 2017
k199192:

thanks man.. now I have double wahala. Dangote just sent me a job offer for his fertiliser plant. Training is abroad. so I guess I might have to defer my admission after all.

Take time to really evaluate what you want to do, and its benefits career-wise long term. Things may either be more favorable or even less, few months from now.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 21, 2017
darkmax:
Hi, Guys i just got accepted to Iglobal University but i dont know how to go how to the mailing fee.

Red flag! Run from that school
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by darkmax: 8:19pm On Nov 21, 2017
Chidinho10:

Red flag! Run from that school
wow oh ok
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by alexohams2000(m): 8:31pm On Nov 21, 2017
Please House, who is in or has any information about Liberty University Lynchburg Virginia, I got admitted there and about paying the initial tuition deposits requested by the school.
PLEASE HELP

alexohams2000:
Hello House, please, is anyone here applying to Liberty University Lynchburg, Virginia? Or do we have a student there already? Kindly let me know please.

God bless us all!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by charliejose: 8:31pm On Nov 21, 2017
Please is this true? grin

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by k199192: 8:35pm On Nov 21, 2017
biikeys:

Take time to really evaluate what you want to do, and its benefits career-wise long term. Things may either be more favorable or even less, few months from now.
Thanks man. But you know how sponsors could be. I would really love to pursue the msc but my parents would like to save money. I am not the owner of the money so I just have to cave to whatever they want at the end. But what would you have me do in this case... and I just paid my i20 express mail.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by NiklausAkins(m): 8:39pm On Nov 21, 2017
Please how did you make the payment??
k199192:

Thanks man. But you know how sponsors could be. I would really love to pursue the msc but my parents would like to save money. I am not the owner of the money so I just have to cave to whatever they want at the end. But what would you have me do in this case... and I just paid my i20 express mail.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Gracee101: 8:41pm On Nov 21, 2017
k199192:

My dear Gracee101 I greet you. Please let's not always blame our parents for somethings that we could have done better. After all, they say, if life shows you pepper, turn it into pepper soup. It wasn't your parents that wrote the exams that led to your low cgpa. Take some responsibility, man up, or in our case woman up, then restrategise. Good luck in your quest of going to the best Country in the world.

How does this relate to question I asked?

Am here to seek advice on my next step not counselling of what is past @ oga counsellor

Not a bit anwser to the question....if you don't have any relevant thing to say why replying then
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by k199192: 8:45pm On Nov 21, 2017
Gracee101:

Am here to seek advice on my next step not counselling of what is past @ oga counsellor

Not a bit anwser to the question....if you don't have any relevant thing to say why replying then
all I said was take some responsibility... and now you are vexing.. I will take my counselling back sha. I wish you all the best tho in your endeavours. and if I u wanted a direct answer you should have thought about being direct too rather than saying your parents caused our low cgpa. take some responsibility.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by Gracee101: 8:47pm On Nov 21, 2017
k199192:

all I said was take some responsibility... and now you are vexing.. I will take my counselling back sha. I wish you all the best tho in your endeavours.

Noting like vexing there bro, when people try to move on to the next phase in life don't go back talking about the past.

Thanks anyways
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by OGreene: 8:56pm On Nov 21, 2017
You know the situation and your interests better than anyone: how much your parents have, how this Masters will help you achieve your goals, if the job is really what you want or for sake of being employed, if you dont mind taking extra year/years to get the experience at the industry, how much you will save from the new job, etc.

Weigh all your options and decide. I know people who were faced with this scenario. No 2 cases are similar. Training abroad.. the job itself nko, na the main thing na.
If you decide to stay, plan on when to get a postgraduate degree, the exposure is great!

Think timing, money matters and long term.

k199192:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by lakreame: 9:06pm On Nov 21, 2017
Any info how good Uci is as a school... I loved what I have seen so far but I want to hear from a Nigerian
vivyval:

What do you need ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by alexohams2000(m): 9:08pm On Nov 21, 2017
@Grace101
Your first post was kind of funny dear, particularly the area you blamed your parents for your 'poor' performance in school. I struggled to fathom the correlation and almost gave same counsel as @K199192 did but I just felt lazy to comment.

Dear Grace101, the truth is, we must learn to confront our mistakes for us to grow higher. It wasn't your parents dear, appreciate them for helping you through school and not the reverse.

Also, that you got 2.2 earlier doesn't make you less great. Also, it doesn't mean you can't do better.

God Bless us all!

Gracee101:

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:49pm On Nov 21, 2017
Gracee101:

The greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time one fall.

Take ownership of the mistake and learn from it .... yes you can apply for nursing . It wont be easy and there will be challenges but all you can do is give it your best.

I seen Vo give for second degree and i seen them reject as well so nobody here can predict your chances. If you do it then give it your best and research well . When it time for visa interview then prepare well, pray and hope for the best

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by erniesail: 9:51pm On Nov 21, 2017
alexohams2000:

Please House, who is in or has any information about Liberty University Lynchburg Virginia, I got admitted there and about paying the initial tuition deposits requested by the school.
PLEASE HELP

Liberty University Lynchburg Virginia is not a red flag. It has a good ranking in the US. I'll advice you to go ahead. By the way, which session are you paying tuition deposit for?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 by biikeys(m): 9:59pm On Nov 21, 2017
k199192:

You know yourself and your situation better than anyone else..but personally, I would go for the MSc right away if my parents can afford it and my intended major had very good career prospects.

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (432)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.