Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) (50568 Views)

Herdsmen Spotted Around 2am In Awka This Morning- Pictures / Police Already Flooded Lekki Toll Gate Against Protest Over Increase Of Toll Fee / 3-Hour Non-Stop Rain Leaves Ifako Roads Heavily Flooded In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jul 08, 2017
`

2 Likes

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by TheEminentLaity: 1:43pm On Jul 08, 2017
Lagos the slum. Ridiculously overrated. How someone with means make would choose to live in this ghetto if they're not the governor or a top politician undecided Nigerians and their overbloated self-worth contrary to reality.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by Bondesniger(m): 1:43pm On Jul 08, 2017
The rich also cry
Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by Proudlyngwa(m): 1:44pm On Jul 08, 2017
allrightsir:

You mean, "Man in his majestic stupidity", building infrastructure without proper planning...why should a recently constructed expressway flood?

This is not about drainage.
When Nature wants to strike, there is nothing you can do.
Remember the Lagos State Government warned about this, no one took them serious.

1 Like

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by pretty16(f): 1:44pm On Jul 08, 2017
It's so bad ooo. My dad just sent me this.

2 Likes

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by Emmiasky(m): 1:49pm On Jul 08, 2017
grin swimming pool�������
Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by nabiz(m): 1:49pm On Jul 08, 2017
VampireeM:
My estate in Lekki this morning. It has never been flooded before. The road leading to the bus stop and expressway, the water is almost reaching the waist depending on your height. Something needs to be done about Lagos drainage. I am just wondering how I will go out esp to go to church/ work Sunday/Monday sad
it's time you to consider a quality decorative stamped concrete floor. Imagine how irritating your compound will look after the flood

1 Like

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 1:50pm On Jul 08, 2017
Is this river Nile or Mississipi?

1 Like

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by Myself2(m): 1:51pm On Jul 08, 2017
IsheriNorthGRA:
That's why you need to secure a plot or more in Isheri North GRA. Call today for inquiries or email: isherinorth.prop@gmail.com

Instagram: Isherinorth for pictures and development.

Person dey run from small rain drop,you dey invite am inside Pacific Ocean.No be Isheri north wey flood pass anywhere?? Whether dem open dam o,or ogun river full con swell,na problem for Isheri north.God forbid

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by juman(m): 1:55pm On Jul 08, 2017
Lagos governments are government without sense.

Fashola failed so much in that area.

1 Like

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by watchindelta(m): 1:57pm On Jul 08, 2017
awesomesossy:
Too bad... terrible drainage system in most places of d country.... all my shoes don spoil finish for dis rain matter undecided
eya sorry cheesy

1 Like

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 08, 2017
`

3 Likes

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by emmanuelpopson(m): 1:58pm On Jul 08, 2017
VampireeM:
My estate in Lekki this morning. It has never been flooded before. The road leading to the bus stop and expressway, the water is almost reaching the waist depending on your height. Something needs to be done about Lagos drainage. I am just wondering how I will go out esp to go to church/ work Sunday/Monday sad

Lagos is a coastal state that lies below mean sea level..so whenever it rains,the water remains stagnant...Miami is synonymous to Lagos too but our roads are not constructed to withstand such..our roads and drainage are littered with plastics,births, cellophane bags and other wastes thereby blocking some water ways and canals.

1 Like

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by IsheriNorthGRA: 1:58pm On Jul 08, 2017
Myself2:

Person dey run from small rain drop,you dey invite am inside Pacific Ocean.No be Isheri north wey flood pass anywhere?? Whether dem open dam o,or ogun river full con swell,na problem for Isheri north. God forbid

As you have pointed out, and I've also explained this in our of my posts. The opening of dam which affected, not just Isheri North was used by the dam officials to force government to release ecological funds as the old team that was there got replaced. It's artificial flood, not natural! I hope you know the level of corruption in our dear country.

Now let me ask, has the Lagos Island escaped flood in any year? Your guess is as good as mine.

Thanks.
Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 08, 2017
Daniyemi:
This is a direct result of bad drainage system.

It is sad that the rich do not extensively put measures in check when enjoying their affluence.

That's why they drive v8 jeeps around.
Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by piagetskinner(m): 2:02pm On Jul 08, 2017
mehn this is serious.....

this kind of flooding can lead to contamination of food and drinking water...

I think Lagos state should take a step further to build deep underground drainage system... not all those tiny gutters

1 Like

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by chronique(m): 2:03pm On Jul 08, 2017
Best place to live in Lagos is Ikeja. I can't spend millions to build, buy or rent a house, and be battling with flood every time. It makes no sense. I feel for people selling off their houses on the mainland to go and buy house in Lekki.
Drove from my place to Ikeja and back today and didn't encounter any flood. If you ask me, the mainland is still the best place to live in Lagos.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by redsun(m): 2:06pm On Jul 08, 2017
allrightsir:

Centre of Excellence

Fashola is working, Ambode is working. When we say there are mediocre governors, their sheepish followers complain.

Don't get it wrong,well structured cities in england do get seriously flooded. Flood could be more damaging in paved high brow where water has little chance of sipping into the ground,especially in a place like lagos where the few existing drains are used for refuse dumps.

It everybody's responsibility to prepare for the disastrous climate change,not just the government. That empty pure water pack that you threw away on the street carelessly will come back to haunt you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by TunnyOgunnowo(m): 2:07pm On Jul 08, 2017
See videos of the flooded Lekki. Seriously it looks like Pacific Ocean.

See here > http://www.absolutehearts.com/2017/07/lekki-victoria-island-flooded-heavily.html

1 Like

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 08, 2017
`

2 Likes

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 08, 2017
marylandcakes:
Glorified and overpriced getto

But the residents are not complaining, mainland peeps should just stop the unnecessary hating.

1 Like

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by Myself2(m): 2:14pm On Jul 08, 2017
pretty16:
It's so bad ooo. My dad just sent me this.

shocked shocked shocked
Honey where is this
Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jul 08, 2017
chronique:
Best place to live in Lagos is Ikeja. I can't spend millions to build, buy or rent a house, and be battling with flood every time. It makes no sense. I feel for people selling off their houses on the mainland to go and buy house in Lekki.
Drove from my place to Ikeja and back today and didn't encounter any flood. If you ask me, the mainland is still the best place to live in Lagos.

Why them Elumelu, Dangote no stay mainland?

2 Likes

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by calberian: 2:27pm On Jul 08, 2017
It is well

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by bigtt76(f): 2:27pm On Jul 08, 2017
It's even more dangerous knowing the dam officials create flooding at will. They can decide to hold everyone to Ransome at the slightest provocation angry

IsheriNorthGRA:

As you have pointed out, and I've also explained this in our of my posts. The opening of dam which affected, not just Isheri North was used by the dam officials to force government to release ecological funds as the old team that was there got replaced. It's artificial flood, not natural! I hope you know the level of corruption in our dear country.

Now let me ask, has the Lagos Island escaped flood in any year? Your guess is as good as mine.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by Gobhanky: 2:28pm On Jul 08, 2017
Toyota 4runner. 06 to 10 things
Honda pilot things
Toyota highlander 09/10 model things
Nissan pathfinder things 06
Men una go enjoy drive with big ass tyres on s.u.v

No be all those salon cars
Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by Amberon11: 2:29pm On Jul 08, 2017
True!
SalamRushdie:

This is actually beyond drainage as you see it , what you see is the effect of reverse drainage where the sea level rise above the Peninsula level and instead drains into the Peninsula instead of the other way round , there is not much that can be done in such situations except a complex system of levees and dykes are used just like Netherlands
Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 08, 2017
Amsterdam and some other Dutch cities are below sea level, yet they don't have flooding. They put some things in place to prevent it, it is not just about drainage anymore, lekki and V.I need a complete overhaul in flood water control - this flood thing happens every year.

Proudlyngwa:

Bros, the water table is rising.
Some coastal cities are sinking.
A quick Google search can help you out that.

You don't need a tsunami for flooding to take place, you just need it to rain faster than it can be absorbed.

2 Likes

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by Proudlyngwa(m): 2:31pm On Jul 08, 2017
allrightsir:

stop blaming nature for blocked drains, roads without drainage channels and roads built without recourse to water tables. There is no reason in the world Lekki express way should be flooded except incompetence of the governments present and past.

Let me ask you a question, they built drainage channels in Lekki and Jakande/Agungi but tell me are they free flowing? Did they not see that they are stagnant and overgrown with weeds?

Did Ambode not announce a few months ago he bought many weed clearing machines to ckear blocked channels, Did somebody forget to tell him that the job does not end with the contract to purchase and that they need to be used?

Stop giving excuses for mediocre leaders

Sorry bro, this particular one is beyond drainage.

1 Like

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by bigtt76(f): 2:31pm On Jul 08, 2017
Very true.

During Fashola's tenure, before the rains begin we see government workers desilting the drains preparatory for the rains but not so under Ambode.

All the drains from 3rd roundabout up to Cheveron has been blocked due to the ongoing construction so you can imagine the consequences.

allrightsir:

stop blaming nature for blocked drains, roads without drainage channels and roads built without recourse to water tables. There is no reason in the world Lekki express way should be flooded except incompetence of the governments present and past.

Let me ask you a question, they built drainage channels in Lekki and Jakande/Agungi but tell me are they free flowing? Did they not see that they are stagnant and overgrown with weeds?

Did Ambode not announce a few months ago he bought many weed clearing machines to ckear blocked channels, Did somebody forget to tell him that the job does not end with the contract to purchase and that they need to be used?

Stop giving excuses for mediocre leaders

1 Like

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by bayocanny: 2:34pm On Jul 08, 2017
VickyRotex:
This rain na for everywhere cry cry cry
Iffa hear, no be summer u dey?

1 Like

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by krapardinar: 2:36pm On Jul 08, 2017
Govt should engage universities of technology or engineering firms to fabricate motorized evacuators capable of evacuating wastes from drainage systems. In conjunction with state waste managers, flooding could be effectively checkmated.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mele Kyari: Nigerians Should Prepare For 3 Months Trouble Over Oil Price Crash / IGP Begs For Vehicles In Abuja But They Are Wasting Away In Lagos (pics) / Joshua Dariye Begs Adebukola Banjoko: "Show Mercy. The Prisons Are Congested’'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.