Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) (50564 Views)

Herdsmen Spotted Around 2am In Awka This Morning- Pictures / Police Already Flooded Lekki Toll Gate Against Protest Over Increase Of Toll Fee / 3-Hour Non-Stop Rain Leaves Ifako Roads Heavily Flooded In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by SalamRushdie: 5:36pm On Jul 08, 2017
connectpoint:

The final aspect of Oriental, the outer works and finishing took at least two years, it's not on water front, now on waterfron, buildings are completed in 6 months...I shake my head...

So sad
Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 08, 2017
SalamRushdie:

So sad

May God help us... be like Solomon that built his house in 30 years and built the house of God in 15 years... yu see say that dude na smart guy..
Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by SalamRushdie: 5:38pm On Jul 08, 2017
connectpoint:

May God help us... be like Solomon that built his house in 30 years and built the house of God in 15 years... yu see say that dude na smart guy..

grin grin ofcourse he was said to be a filled with wisdom
Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 08, 2017
SalamRushdie:

grin grin ofcourse he was said to be a filled with wisdom

Wisdom odi ni yen o... Olopolo ajapa
Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by deomelo: 5:56pm On Jul 08, 2017
989900:

Lagos’ surrounding areas are not only unprotected by the wall, but are lower in sea level than Eko Atlantic. It’s a combination that leaves the old city of Lagos and its hundreds of years of history startlingly vulnerable.
If the critics are correct, Eko Atlantic might provide parts of Lagos with yet another link to the sea, one rooted in potential danger and unknowable risk. To the sea parts of the city may return.
“With sea walls, you have to figure out what you’re protecting against,” Dr. Blumberg advised. In the case of Lagos and Eko Atlantic, the better question might be who gets the protection.

We can not drain above into the sea even with the best drainage system because we are below and the sea is above. What we need are dikes, levees and water retention basin like they have in new suburbs say like the US, the reservoirs collects and store rain water which prevent flooding.

A retention basin is used to manage storm water runoff to prevent flooding and downstream erosion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retention_basin

Every neighborhood in flood prone areas in Lagos should have a retention basin to receive and store rain water.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by awesomesossy(f): 6:01pm On Jul 08, 2017
pweetiedee:

Go and buy jelly shoe, sandal and slippers. that's d best now
Trust me dat my next plan

1 Like

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by 989900: 6:02pm On Jul 08, 2017
deomelo:

We can not drain above into the sea even with the best drainage system because we are below and the sea is above. What we need are dikes, levees and water retention basin like they have in new suburbs say like the US, the reservoirs collects and store rain water which prevent flooding.

I think having a number of those in strategic locations will be helpful, the cost implication though, I don't know.
Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by awesomesossy(f): 6:02pm On Jul 08, 2017
watchindelta:
eya sorry cheesy
Thanking u jare grin
Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by awesomesossy(f): 6:04pm On Jul 08, 2017
stilldoingokay:

oo ooh sorry you hear
I hear oo.. my sis
Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by awesomesossy(f): 6:06pm On Jul 08, 2017
lexy2014:
y u no buy rubber shoe?
It injures me alot.... but as it stands now.... Dat would be my last resort
Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by deomelo: 6:06pm On Jul 08, 2017
989900:

I think having a number of those in strategic locations will be helpful, the cost implication though, I don't know.

You are right about the cost and implications because implementing this means relocation and compensations, but you save money, property and prevent needless loss of life in the long run.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by VickyRotex(f): 6:14pm On Jul 08, 2017
@Bayocanny, I sent you a message on Facebook. You can modify your post here.
Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 08, 2017
If you try this retention basin idea here, you will hear stuff like... a le kole mejila si be yen...it's who we are..black people
Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 08, 2017
VickyRotex:
@Bayocanny, I sent you a message on Facebook. You can modify your post here.

what are yu looking for here?
Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by Efostick(m): 6:37pm On Jul 08, 2017
connectpoint:

guy did this happen today ?

indeed.
Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by Efostick(m): 6:37pm On Jul 08, 2017
connectpoint:

guy did this happen today ?

indeed.
Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by VickyRotex(f): 6:40pm On Jul 08, 2017
connectpoint:

what are yu looking for here?
lol. I should be asking you.
Is this your Nnewi? undecided
Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 08, 2017
VickyRotex:

lol. I should be asking you.
Is this your Nnewi? undecided

tell me why you've come to Baifraland, cause you're in Newi at the moment... Oh...you've come to take our newly discovered "ooooye" here too abi ?
Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by VickyRotex(f): 6:50pm On Jul 08, 2017
connectpoint:

tell me why you've come to Baifraland, cause you're in Newi at the moment... Oh...you've come to take our newly discovered "ooooye" here too abi ?

Rara, I should be asking you, why you have come to Nigeria? Nnewi is in Nigeria. Cos Nigeria I know! Biafra I dont know!
And the Oooye I know, is "Crown/Throne" undecided
Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 08, 2017
VickyRotex:

Rara, I should be asking you, why you have come to Nigeria? Nnewi is in Nigeria. Cos Nigeria I know! Biafra I dont know!
And the Oooye I know, is "Crown/Throne" undecided

ooye is our word for oil...Biafra is the south east auntie like ondo is oodua people's land..so welcome to Biafra, what kinda meal do you like?
Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by VickyRotex(f): 6:58pm On Jul 08, 2017
connectpoint:

ooye is our word for oil...Biafra is the south east auntie like ondo is oodua people's land..so welcome to Biafra South East Nigeria, what kinda meal do you like?

Ooye is Throne. undecided Fixed!
Ishiewu and Chilled Lemonade Please! cool
Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by VampireeM(f): 7:01pm On Jul 08, 2017
jaxxy:

Sorry my broda. Truth is what does it profit a man to build a beautiful or great house/estate with no gutter/ adequate drainage
there is drainage outside but due to the constant rain it got full. All the drainages are full and no where to flow into and so stagnant
Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 08, 2017
VickyRotex:

Ooye is Throne. undecided Fixed!
Ishiewu and Chilled Lemonade Please! cool

this one your cheek is already radiating like it's reflecting the shine from the sun... if this fat buildup reaches d waist line and continue to buildup.. shocked
Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by VickyRotex(f): 7:11pm On Jul 08, 2017
connectpoint:

this one your cheek is already radiating like it's reflecting the shine from the sun... if this fat buildup reaches d waist line and continue to buildup.. shocked

What is he talking about? undecided
Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 08, 2017
VickyRotex:

What is he talking about? undecided

your cheeks...i can see your cheeks na
Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by VickyRotex(f): 7:24pm On Jul 08, 2017
connectpoint:

your cheeks...i can see your cheeks na

Oh yea. They're blessed!
Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by NLProblemChild(m): 7:35pm On Jul 08, 2017
Danielmoore:
I thought they said Lagos is like london wink
so that is inside of Lagos?
Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by Chekitaut: 7:48pm On Jul 08, 2017
Every year virus
Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by tiger28: 8:04pm On Jul 08, 2017
Danielmoore:
I thought they said Lagos is like london wink
Mumu! EVEN the UK and China experience massive floods.
Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by mywells: 8:45pm On Jul 08, 2017
Changsha an area in the city of China was flooded to roof level,why are people complaining?its not up to roof level nah, people are still taking pics and posting it on social media,lekki residents would soon become IDP.
Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 08, 2017
`
Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by lexy2014: 9:10pm On Jul 08, 2017
awesomesossy:

It injures me alot.... but as it stands now.... Dat would be my last resort
my dear abeg that's d way 4ward.me u don port since 2 rubber.4get big boy tinz. now i have rest of mind no matter d rain. there are a lot of rubber slippers that are nice.u can also consider rubber boots.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NDLEA Releases Name And Picture Of Tramadol Dealer / Mele Kyari: Nigerians Should Prepare For 3 Months Trouble Over Oil Price Crash / IGP Begs For Vehicles In Abuja But They Are Wasting Away In Lagos (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.