Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,239 members, 7,815,324 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) (50566 Views)

Herdsmen Spotted Around 2am In Awka This Morning- Pictures / Police Already Flooded Lekki Toll Gate Against Protest Over Increase Of Toll Fee / 3-Hour Non-Stop Rain Leaves Ifako Roads Heavily Flooded In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by Helen4am(f): 12:50pm On Jul 08, 2017
shocked shocked this is serious, btw where is team #Ambode is working when we need dem most angry

2 Likes

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by SHOPPERS(m): 12:51pm On Jul 08, 2017
So how is this political now

2 Likes

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 08, 2017
Lekki is supposed to be high brow?
Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by leksmatt(m): 12:52pm On Jul 08, 2017
can't just believe that happened in Lagos State

1 Like

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by ephi123(f): 12:53pm On Jul 08, 2017
Wow shocked

Is this not meant to be the elite area of Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by Omoluabi16(m): 12:54pm On Jul 08, 2017
lol. overrated lekki.. This is ridiculous.

2 Likes

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by ephi123(f): 12:55pm On Jul 08, 2017
VampireeM:
My estate in Lekki this morning. It has never been flooded before. The road leading to the bus stop and expressway, the water is almost reaching the waist depending on your height. Something needs to be done about Lagos drainage. I am just wondering how I will go out sad

This picture is incredible. Although I heard the consistent rainfall has been worse than normal.
Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by godquality: 12:56pm On Jul 08, 2017
Agreed that we need better roads and drainages in Naija. But even in developed countries, things like this still happens.

5 Likes

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by MurderX: 12:57pm On Jul 08, 2017
VampireeM:
My estate in Lekki this morning. It has never been flooded before. The road leading to the bus stop and expressway, the water is almost reaching the waist depending on your height. Something needs to be done about Lagos drainage. I am just wondering how I will go out sad
That section of the express road has never been flooded either. This calls for concern.
Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by bsideboii(m): 12:57pm On Jul 08, 2017
Harmored:
Well.....it is time to roll out the SUV cool
Even a Monster truck might not save u from this mess

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by IsheriNorthGRA: 12:57pm On Jul 08, 2017
That's why you need to secure a plot or more in Isheri North GRA. Call today for inquiries or email: isherinorth.prop@gmail.com

Instagram: Isherinorth for pictures and development.

2 Likes

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by seguno2: 12:58pm On Jul 08, 2017
Danielmoore:
I thought they said Lagos is like london wink

Yes, like London only for raising revenue from the hard working residents of the state.
Ambode is collecting IGR.
Tinubu is sharing the IGR.
Lagosians are suffering.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by SalamRushdie: 1:00pm On Jul 08, 2017
Daniyemi:
This is a direct result of bad drainage system.

It is sad that the rich do not extensively put measures in check when enjoying their affluence.

This is actually beyond drainage as you see it , what you see is the effect of reverse drainage where the sea level rise above the Peninsula level and instead drains into the Peninsula instead of the other way round , there is not much that can be done in such situations except a complex system of levees and dykes are used just like Netherlands

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by Baroba(m): 1:03pm On Jul 08, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

this is not a result of poor planning.
When nature wants to strike, you can't do anything about it.

I respectfully disagree sir, if this was due to hurricane or some sort of Tsunami that's understandable, but we are talking normal torrential downpour; It is happening too often to be attributed to nature, it boils down to lack of adequate planning, poor drainage system, poor road construction and everything else you can think of.. Come 2018 we will be having the same discussion all over again, no be today..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by ndcide(m): 1:05pm On Jul 08, 2017
The traffic today is gangster.

For one hour, I've only been able to move from chevron and I'm not yet at jakande.

I saw this thread when it was open. I thought someone who give hints about the traffic.
Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by Baroba(m): 1:05pm On Jul 08, 2017
Harmored:

This one don pass SUV,. Na submarine you go need..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by Proudlyngwa(m): 1:07pm On Jul 08, 2017
Baroba:

I respectfully disagree sir, if this was due to hurricane or some sort of Tsunami that's understandable, but we are talking normal torrential downpour; It is happening too often to be attributed to nature, it boils down to lack of adequate planning, poor drainage system, poor road construction and everything else you can think of.. Come 2018 we will be having the same discussion all over again, no be today..

Bros, the water table is rising.
Some coastal cities are sinking.
A quick Google search can help you out that.

You don't need a tsunami for flooding to take place, you just need it to rain faster than it can be absorbed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 1:08pm On Jul 08, 2017
ikombe:
Abeg shey na second abi third roundabout be that grin

Just after first roundabout bro
Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by Armorall: 1:09pm On Jul 08, 2017
Agungi Lekki

1 Like

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by FemiEddy(m): 1:12pm On Jul 08, 2017
VampireeM:
Too bad, sorry dear, the flood has spoil ur weekend, I can come and pick you up with my SUV if u don't mind dear

1 Like

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by ednut1(m): 1:12pm On Jul 08, 2017
Island no be am abeg. Wat fukery

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by wiseman1494(m): 1:16pm On Jul 08, 2017
What do you expect ?? Most parts of Lekki were reclaimed from the ocean. The water table is very close to the surface, thus lowering the infiltration rate.

3 Likes

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by UjSizzle(f): 1:18pm On Jul 08, 2017
Danielmoore:
Mehn the Island is a proper island. You buy plots of ocean and build on it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by besttrader: 1:18pm On Jul 08, 2017
Our cities have always lacked proper design...!! This just shows how we carve out land, raise land fees and forget to do the basics.

Well, things like this have been sorted already by smart folks in Japan/Netherland, etc. All we need do is to copy such engineering standards, but the black man would rather loot, buy flashy cars, take his numerous concubines for oversea shopping, at the expense of the needful.

It's always a shame when avoidable floods like this are seen in our cities.

Ask them the millimeter of rainfall that can result to flooding within a specified timeframe? This is just classless leadership on all fronts.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/10/31/world/asia/japan-flood-tunnel/index.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lmNsGFPkh8

Everything is being looted in Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by pweetiedee(m): 1:26pm On Jul 08, 2017
Danielmoore:

London indeed

1 Like

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by Nickymezor(f): 1:27pm On Jul 08, 2017
Not surprised... Omoh, rain ur matter don get out of hands. Pls do and vamoose... Weather don ova cold o....
Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by pweetiedee(m): 1:27pm On Jul 08, 2017
awesomesossy:
Too bad... terrible drainage system in most places of d country.... all my shoes don spoil finish for dis rain matter undecided

Go and buy jelly shoe, sandal and slippers. that's d best now
Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by marylandcakes: 1:33pm On Jul 08, 2017
Glorified and overpriced getto

2 Likes

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by SACI: 1:35pm On Jul 08, 2017
Danielmoore:
London bridge has fallen down
nw the London river is obvious
Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jul 08, 2017
`

1 Like

Re: Flooded Lekki This Morning (Pictures) by LoveJesus87(m): 1:38pm On Jul 08, 2017
Harmored:
Na so cool

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NDLEA Releases Name And Picture Of Tramadol Dealer / Mele Kyari: Nigerians Should Prepare For 3 Months Trouble Over Oil Price Crash / IGP Begs For Vehicles In Abuja But They Are Wasting Away In Lagos (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.