Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,617 members, 7,955,276 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:11 PM

Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? (13271 Views)

Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable / In Every Relationship, Who Should Call Most? Man Or Woman? / Man or Woman, Who is More Unfaithful in a Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by snazzydawn(f): 8:35am On Dec 16, 2005
HMMMMMM,I think I have answered this question in page 1.But well,let me add,girls!!!!!if a guy asks you out for lunch or dinner-whatever,carry vex money because.something can happen.Two days ago,a friend of mine took me out for lunch,when it was time to pay the bills,he brought out 1000naira bills and unfortunately,they did not have change at the restaurant.I had to open my bag and pay.I was just gritting my teeth but I smiled through it.Later on that day,he wanted to reimburse the money but I refused to collect it.Yesterday,he showed his gratitude by texting me a recharge card.Before I accepted it,I called him and asked him if it was because I paid the bills,well,he was like..hell,no!!!I just feel like loading your phone.Based on his reply,I accepted the credit.So,the bottomline is,if a guy asks you out for lunch or anything,carry vex money.Vex money is money you hold in case of incasity. grin grin grin
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by fancidiva(f): 8:53am On Dec 16, 2005
outkast,

there's nothing like miss independent!!!. she didn't ask to go out with the guy in the first instant so i believe he should pay since it was his idea. besides he is the one taking her out so he needs to do things the right way.... if you know what i mean. i wonder why she even offered him her credit card . THE GUY SHOULD PAY FOR THE DINNER.....

And i think the case is vice versa.....if a girl decides or offers to take a guy out to dinner then she should consider paying..
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by vinna(f): 9:15am On Dec 16, 2005
***a round of applause*** ocho, chillin, snazzy. u gals are really making me proud in here.

cool
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by snazzydawn(f): 9:21am On Dec 16, 2005
smiley wink grin
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by kaylala(m): 10:55am On Dec 16, 2005
Ochofre!!! ocho bam bam!!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by vinna(f): 2:48pm On Dec 16, 2005
shocked ****rolling up sleeves*** kay don't u dare start wt my gal ok! or you'll have me to reckon with
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by FOD(m): 4:09pm On Dec 16, 2005
Ocho wetin?
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by kaylala(m): 4:46pm On Dec 16, 2005
Vinna,i neva meant to step on anybodys toes. cheesy

It only means person wey chop and no wan pay,aight? grin

Hope dat settles it?
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by Esooluwa(f): 5:10pm On Dec 16, 2005
The initiator of the date should pay. In Nigeria here, it is the man who normally ask a girls out first.
The man should pay for the first date, subsequent once, the bills can be shared between the two based on their understanding.
Left to me, the man should be sure that he is man enough before asking a girl out.
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by Esooluwa(f): 5:11pm On Dec 16, 2005
The initiator of the date should pay. In Nigeria here, it is the man who normally ask a girls out first.
The man should pay for the first date, subsequent once, the bills can be shared between the two based on their understanding.
Left to me, the man should be sure that he is man enough before asking a girl out.
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by JP(m): 5:21pm On Dec 16, 2005
Well, I personally think it depends on the man.Men mostly initiate
this taking one out of a thing.For me I pay the bill whenever I ask a girl out.
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by kaylala(m): 5:54pm On Dec 16, 2005
Guys,

Don't you think that the world is really changing?

It all depends on who is inviting who and how free and comfortable you are with one another to make you declare the conditions and situations of your pocket.

Also,it seems we have been programmed to have this belief that male/guys/man should always foot da bill.Its not like this in all parts of the country.

But i think some nice gals are now thinking out of the box to reciprocate this gestures. Big up chicks dat this issue doesn't bother.

Regards.
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by Geez(m): 5:55pm On Dec 16, 2005
Hey guys! Let not be too hard on the men here, okay! It appears date is tied to having money. How about asking a girl out to where no spending is involved. Don't the poor date? A girl had asked me out and wanted me to pay and I refused to be intimidated into paying bills like that. Guess what: my response was NO. angry Let us not forget that there are gold and grave diggers among the girls - rip-offs. Be careful not to be exploited in the name of date. I guess we all know that dating is checking things out. If a girl gulp too much food and wine, she should share in the bill. Before you all slaughter me, I am just a messenger that represents the minds of many, it may even be what you stand for, deep inside.   grin
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by goodguy(m): 5:58pm On Dec 16, 2005
Geez, I feel u jo! cheesy
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by kewe(f): 7:50pm On Dec 16, 2005
Geez:

Hey guys! Let not be too hard on the men here, okay! It appears date is tied to having money. How about asking a girl out to where no spending is involved. Don't the poor date? A girl had asked me out and wanted me to pay and I refused to be intimidated into paying bills like that. Guess what: my response was NO. angry Let us not forget that there are gold and grave diggers among the girls - rip-offs. Be careful not to be exploited in the name of date. I guess we all know that dating is checking things out. If a girl gulp too much food and wine, she should share in the bill. Before you all slaughter me, I am just a messenger that represents the minds of many, it may even be what you stand for, deep inside. grin
lolllllllllll
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by Geez(m): 7:56pm On Dec 16, 2005
Kewe, what is lollllllllll?
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by kewe(f): 8:16pm On Dec 16, 2005
laugh out loud
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by hotangel2(f): 8:44pm On Dec 16, 2005
Whoever asks. You better be ready to pay if u ask me on a restaurant date. Infact if you r just taking me to the store or asking me to walk u to the store.. u better be ready to pay for my $1 soda.  smiley
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by Geez(m): 8:56pm On Dec 16, 2005
Hot-angel, I will take you out for a walk where there is no store, restaurants, not selling around. How about that?? Hahahhahahahah grin grin grin
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by chillin(f): 10:52pm On Dec 16, 2005
SNAZZZZZZZ damn!! datz d girl talkin rite turr!! hey snazz u know how it goes rite!! vex money no sheit! cozz we ain't relyin on sum guy tellin us d story of his lyfe when it getz 2 pickin up d bill!!
n' vinna thxs girl!! thez guyz r in 4 it!! when it comez to payin!
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by ocho(f): 11:03pm On Dec 16, 2005
vinna:

***a round of applause***  ocho, chillin, snazzy. u gals are really making me proud in here.

cool

@ vivian: A  Nigerian lady to the core , na im i be and na we know watin dey cool we're together my sister. Nothing dey happen wink cheesy and thanks for keeping Fod and kay off my back.
@ FOD & kaylala, why are u calling ocho? watin i do una?
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by FOD(m): 11:11pm On Dec 16, 2005
@Ocho... No vex o...na sing i dey song ...sorry, na song I dey sing... Don't tell me you've not heard Dr. Fresh's "Ochofree".
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by Geez(m): 11:26pm On Dec 16, 2005
All, help me out here. The nija english is too think to read! embarassed
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by 2die4: 11:40pm On Dec 16, 2005
Guys, better be ready to pay when you go out with a girl...just because it is the millenium is not an excuse.....
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by ocho(f): 11:43pm On Dec 16, 2005
FOD:

@Ocho... No vex o...na sing i dey song ...sorry, na song I dey sing... Don't tell me you've not heard Dr. Fresh's "Ochofree".
cheesy cheesy cheesy DR fresh's watin? funny cheesy cheesy  No yawa. i don cool down. wait! i'm not calm yet. i still dey vex, oya carry me go suya joint and na you go pay oooooo grin cheesy
2_die_4: thank you oh jare! cheesy
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by FOD(m): 12:02am On Dec 17, 2005
Oya make we go...why I no go pay? no forget to hold u own money sha! grin
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by ocho(f): 12:12am On Dec 17, 2005
chillin:

SNAZZZZZZZ damn!! datz d girl talkin rite turr!! hey snazz u know how it goes rite!! vex money no sheit! cozz we ain't relyin on sum guy tellin us d story of his lyfe when it  getz pickin up d bill!!
n' vinna thxs girl!! thez guyz r in 4 it!! when it comez to payin!

true and well said!!!
@ Fod: ok! you too talk. oya make we go na cheesy
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by conscience(m): 12:22am On Dec 17, 2005
WHO PAYS?
It is not something that should be contested.
The Bible says '' a man who cannot take care of his family [woman] is worst than an infidel''
Why do you want her to pay, when you know that nothing goes for nothing............and still expect her to pay in kind .........
We are not Oyinbos and must strive to take our rightful places before the table in the presence of our women.
Except we are ready to accept the saying '' Gone are the days when Men were men, and women were won by those who deserve them''
The hand and body that gives must always be on top,
or abi you want her on top..........?
Me, I be African man original.
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by ocho(f): 12:25am On Dec 17, 2005
and as an African man, you'll pay the bills right? that's what i am talking about right there cheesy cheesy
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by conscience(m): 12:47am On Dec 17, 2005
ocho:

and as an African man, you'll pay the bills right? that's what i am talking about right there cheesy cheesy
OCHO tell them,
all the times we have been out, have I ever asked you to pay/contribute to the bill?
I foot it always and will always do, as long as you remain my ............
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by chillin(f): 1:05am On Dec 17, 2005
ocho immaa help u out rite hurr
FOD:

no forget to hold u own money sha! grin

meanss d guy ain't droppin them papers cheesy e no get money ooo cheesy
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by ocho(f): 1:57am On Dec 17, 2005
conscience:

OCHO tell them,
all the times we have been out, have I ever asked you to pay/contribute to the bill?
I foot it always and will always do, as long as you remain my ............
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. yes! you've been good indeed and so you deserve some kind of reward kiss
@chillin, allow them. why spend mine when i can spend theirs? wink cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Is 4 Years Older Than Me / Over Sharing In Relationships. How Do You Cope / My Choleric Sister's Action Pushed Me To Start Sleeping With Her Husband.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.