Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? (13078 Views)

Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable / In Every Relationship, Who Should Call Most? Man Or Woman? / Man or Woman, Who is More Unfaithful in a Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by chillin(f): 3:09am On Dec 17, 2005
lol lol u rite! lol
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by kaylala(m): 9:02am On Dec 18, 2005
Make the money don't let the money make u and spend the money don't let the money spend you.

I never said on gals anyway !!! tongue tongue
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by kaylala(m): 9:05am On Dec 18, 2005
Guys,

Pls let us be like Aurelio in Mia.

Let us be smarter!!! grin
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by ocho(f): 7:53pm On Dec 18, 2005
"be smarter" as in "spend more on girls" right? wink cheesy
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by kaylala(m): 9:06pm On Dec 18, 2005
Outright NO!!! The way round.

Meaning

The gals should do the spending.

Things r changing.Don't lose wot u have.Wake up cool cool
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by ocho(f): 12:34am On Dec 19, 2005
why should we girls do the spending when we can spend yours? cool cheesy cheesy
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by prettyH(f): 1:56am On Dec 19, 2005
Thank you o grin
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by mamba(m): 4:01am On Dec 19, 2005
ocho:

why should we girls do the spending when we can spend yours? cool cheesy cheesy

prettyH:

Thank you o grin

So far your ready to pay back in kind, you can spend all you want grin I know I'm gon collect the money back x5 in the bedroom cheesy cheesy
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by paddylo1(m): 7:30am On Dec 19, 2005
Well first date,the man should pay....after going out for a while and u establish a relationship...i guess it dont really matter who pays...as u go out to enjoy each others company...
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by vinna(f): 11:00am On Dec 19, 2005
I don't know about wat entails in other cultures, but i know as an african, a MAN is supposed to fend for his woman and all known religion share same view. Its the man who woos and he that must bear the expense of wooing. When you become an item, it wld now be up to both of u how ur relationship runs, but i personally think a man shld not go out with a woman and expect her to pay cos that wld be the height of irresponsibility,but if she does, fine.

And secondly, as much as we might like the western culture, taking it in all its totality and dropping all ours wld be detrimental to our uniqueness as AFRICANS.
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by Banderas(m): 4:20pm On Dec 19, 2005
Ok. Vinna, in african culture, when a woman serves me my food, she had better kneel down. In african culture, if a woman is rude to me, I have a right as a MAN to flog her publicly, even when she has children. That is african culture. However, you probably don't want me to do that. The way I see it, many african women want to be lazy and enjoy the good parts of african culture that benefits them, while doing away with the parts that are painful. I say this, choose one, be african, or be european.

Meet me halfway!!!
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by chillin(f): 4:26pm On Dec 19, 2005
Banderas:

I have a right as a MAN to flog her publicly, even when she has children. That is african culture. However, you probably don't want me to do that. The way I see it, many african women want to be lazy and enjoy the good parts of african culture that benefits them, while doing away with the parts that are painful. I say this, choose one, be african, or be european.

Meet me halfway!!!

broo!! wait no longer!!! flog her n' letz see watz gonn happen!! cheesy cheesy cheesy mehn your ass is straight 2 jail!! uhmmm beat her in public uhmm dis is gettin serious!! "even when she has children"?? cheesy  uhhhhh cheesy cheesy boiii!! u funny!! ohh yeahh we'v got juss 2 choices?? african or european?? what happened 2 asian and american cheesy
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by goodguy(m): 4:28pm On Dec 19, 2005
Thank you o Banderas! grin Abeg tell them again and let them hear very well. cheesy
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by prettyH(f): 4:34pm On Dec 19, 2005
Banderas:

Ok. Vinna, in african culture, when a woman serves me my food, she had better kneel down. In african culture, if a woman is rude to me, I have a right as a MAN to flog her publicly, even when she has children. That is african culture. However, you probably don't want me to do that. The way I see it, many african women want to be lazy and enjoy the good parts of african culture that benefits them, while doing away with the parts that are painful. I say this, choose one, be african, or be european.

Meet me halfway!!!
goodguy:

Thank you o Banderas! grin Abeg tell them again and let them hear very well. cheesy

I don't blame the two of you. Which nonsense african culture entails beating a woman and subjecting her to misery?

Abeg vinna tell them o cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by Banderas(m): 4:40pm On Dec 19, 2005
chillin:

broo!! wait no longer!!! flog her n' letz see watz gonn happen!! cheesy cheesy cheesy mehn your ass is straight 2 jail!! uhmmm beat her in public uhmm this is gettin serious!! "even when she has children"?? cheesy  uhhhhh cheesy cheesy boiii!! u funny!! ohh yeahh we'v got juss 2 choices?? african or european?? what happened 2 asian and american cheesy 

Hey Chilling, you alright?

what is American culture? does such a thing exist? And Asian culture is the same as African, very derogatory to women. Does anyone remember the woman who got gang raped because her brother was talking to a girl? And this was the traditional law in some part of Asia (pakistan if I remember correctly)
don't get me wrong here mate, I definitely have no intentions of flogging a woman, neither will I be with anyone who thinks so lowly of herself that she would allow me to flog her. That's just wrong. The last Nigeria babe I dated was earning about 1/4 of what I earned, so it made sense that I would do most of the spending. I needed an amount of struture in my finances, so I opened a joint account for our trips. Things went awry when I told her that she also had to contribute something to the relationship. She absolutely didn't want to drop N1. Can you imagine, here I was blasting like 40K a month on a relationship, and she refused to even consider dropping 1K. Dammit.

Now, don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for Nigeria ladies, but I have to tell you, if you don't get up and do your bit, you will definitely lose a measure of respect from your mate.

Oh, it's not about misery dearest PrettyH, it's just that african tradition is a very male oriented tradition, and women's roles were simply to stay at home, cook and reproduce. i.e. Nothing like headache, nothing like sexual satisfaction for the woman. It was completely male oriented.
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by prettyH(f): 4:45pm On Dec 19, 2005
Don't think your point holds water in our generation.
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by Banderas(m): 4:47pm On Dec 19, 2005
prettyH:

Don't think your point holds water in our generation.

PrettyH, I agree with you. Men no longer treat women like that because the traditions are changing. So why are women claiming that men should provide for them because it is african tradition? That seems like double-speak to me.
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by chillin(f): 4:47pm On Dec 19, 2005
yo Banderas!! i'm gooood!! prettyH thxs gurl!!
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by goodguy(m): 4:52pm On Dec 19, 2005
Hey PrettyH, the guy is making sense. I definitely can't go out with a lady that expects only me to always do the spending everytime.

Afterall, u ladies say what what a man can do, you people can do better. So why the noise? According to vinna's post, she's referring to african culture which only favours you ladies. Banderas also listed african cultures which doesn't favour you ladies and you're making noise.
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by Banderas(m): 4:53pm On Dec 19, 2005
goodguy:

Hey PrettyH, the guy is making sense. I definitely can't go out with a lady that expects only me to always do the spending everytime.

Afterall, u ladies say what what a man can do, you people can do better. So why the noise? According to vinna's post, she's referring to african culture which only favours you ladies. Banderas also listed african cultures which doesn't favour you ladies and you're making noise.

Oga, thanks for your post mate. You're really a good guy!!!
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by prettyH(f): 5:03pm On Dec 19, 2005
Please allow us make noise o. Who will see what doesn't favor them and accept? cheesy
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by goodguy(m): 5:06pm On Dec 19, 2005
It's when it comes to money matters that you people remember African Culture and that we have to act like men.
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by prettyH(f): 5:10pm On Dec 19, 2005
Na una sabi cheesy
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by FOD(m): 5:25pm On Dec 19, 2005
Banderas and Shegs...i too gbadun una...The nail has been overhit on the head.
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by prettyH(f): 5:36pm On Dec 19, 2005
So from what i can decipher, u guys want equality in bills payment abi. So do u guys agree that what a man can do a woman can also do ...........even better cheesy grin
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by Banderas(m): 5:40pm On Dec 19, 2005
Heh heh heh. If you wanna do better, then pay the whole bill, don't share it. At the moment, I agree that men and women are equal, not that women are better.
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by ocho(f): 5:41pm On Dec 19, 2005
@Banderas and GoodGuy: oh please!! who ever says we(women) can't have the best both worlds? we can still get you, the men to spend on us and still assert the gender equality issue. just loook at it this way, we make up for so much by having all the usual women troubles, you know like child birth, and the rest of them so it's only fair we get the best of both worlds. CAN I GET A WITNESS?  wink cheesy
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by prettyH(f): 5:45pm On Dec 19, 2005
Yes o. Tell them sis.........tell them cheesy cheesy cheesy

@ banderas,
what does it take to pay the bills, abeg its chicken change. But u guys know we are better and even stronger.
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by Z4M4eva(f): 5:46pm On Dec 19, 2005
It depends, I would love to pay the bill, and if he wants too, he can.Doesn't really matter in my opinion who pays the bill, I can pay it, I don't mind. smiley
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by goodguy(m): 5:47pm On Dec 19, 2005
ocho:

@Banderas and GoodGuy: oh please!! who ever says we(women) can't have the best both worlds? we can still get you, the men to spend on us and still assert the gender equality issue. just loook at it this way, we make up for so much by having all the usual women troubles, you know like child birth, and the rest of them so it's only fair we get the best of both worlds. CAN I GET A WITNESS? wink cheesy
We also pay the school fees for the children, build the house/pay house rents, buy you clothes, buy foodstuffs for the house, go to work very early and come back late in the night, and take care of over 80% of the living expenses of the couples, etc.

Besides, we're not talking about husband and wife now. We're talking about a guy just asking a girl out. Or maybe boyfriend and girlfriend.

prettyH:

Yes o. Tell them sis.........tell them cheesy cheesy cheesy

@ banderas,
what does it take to pay the bills, abeg its chicken change. But u guys know we are better and even stronger.
Madam, we're not saying we can't pay the bills. What we're simply trying to make u girls understand is that you shouldn't always expect the man to foot the bills every single time you go out.
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by prettyH(f): 5:51pm On Dec 19, 2005
No now i've got to ask this question , are guys tired of paying the bills?
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by goodguy(m): 5:53pm On Dec 19, 2005
Read up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Big, Beautiful And Inspiring / How Many Men Suck Their Wife Totoo After Wedding (video) / The 5 Types Of Vagina, According To A Bikini Waxer...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.