Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,142 members, 7,957,265 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:06 AM

Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? (13275 Views)

Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable / In Every Relationship, Who Should Call Most? Man Or Woman? / Man or Woman, Who is More Unfaithful in a Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by whiteshark(m): 6:59pm On Dec 29, 2005
your broda nah fake guy grin grin
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by wande(m): 6:10pm On Dec 30, 2005
Any lady that value her respect and want the guy to stay should make the first move when it it comes settling bills.
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by snazzydawn(f): 7:45pm On Dec 30, 2005
according to you!!!
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by ocho(f): 8:12pm On Dec 30, 2005
@wande: oh pleaseeee!!!!
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by snazzydawn(f): 8:23pm On Dec 30, 2005
wande,are you a scrub?no offence abeg....why must a girl pay for you in order to gain your respect?Thats really sick!!!
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by grainger(f): 10:18pm On Dec 30, 2005
oh well, thats tough. If I was the girl, am gon pay just to save us the embarrasment, but i aint gon go out with him ever again. I think he ought to make proper arrangements before taking the girl out to a restaurant. He could have just asked the girl to stay over at his house and they can order something or at least cook something instead of him making a fool of himself taking her to a restaurant. That is what I call bad. There is nothing wrong with a girl paying the bill, but this is a first date for crying out loud!
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by snazzydawn(f): 10:21pm On Dec 30, 2005
thank you very much!!!
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by ocho(f): 8:26am On Dec 31, 2005
grainger:

I think he ought to make proper arrangements before taking the girl out to a restaurant. He could have just asked the girl to stay over at his house and they can order something or at least cook something instead of him making a fool of himself taking her to a restaurant.
or as my dear cousin said, do it as they do in some of those Nigerian movies, go find a nice spot in the forest and sing love songs to each other.................then every one is happy. cheesy cheesy cheesy
i'm just kidding cheesy cheesy
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by MatureMe(f): 5:33pm On Dec 31, 2005
Whomever is doing the asking should pay. Now if there seems to be a spark between the 2 people involved then the woman might feel compelled to ask the man out the next time and then she should be paying and communicating this all up front would be best for both people.
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by goodguy(m): 7:44pm On Dec 31, 2005
Words of an elder. cool
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by MatureMe(f): 1:24am On Jan 01, 2006
grin grin @ goodguy
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by whiteshark(m): 11:57pm On Jan 02, 2006
and every male in the house say AMEN to that!!!

snazzy, Ocho and co sher una don hear wetin them talk?
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by ocho(f): 7:46am On Jan 03, 2006
oh i sure did but i'm still taking my stand though cool
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by prettyH(f): 10:52pm On Jan 05, 2006
All u guys in da house, whats all the noise 'bout sef? Is it too much to CONTINOUSLY pay on your dates? cheesy
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jan 06, 2006
i'll rather prefer to share the bill 50-50 if it's ok for him. but men and their egos..uhhhh
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by whiteshark(m): 7:39pm On Jan 06, 2006
prettyH:

All u guys in da house, whats all the noise 'bout sef? Is it too much to CONTINOUSLY pay on your dates? cheesy

Yes

Hey mav, hit me on the yaoo later aight, I gats to go out now
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by Soulful(m): 5:04pm On Jan 07, 2006
The woman shoudl also make an effort occasionally to treat the guy..

We also like to pampered and spoiled you know wink wink wink
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by gracious(f): 5:09pm On Jan 07, 2006
whoever asked for the date is to pay the restaurant bill
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by Soulful(m): 5:13pm On Jan 07, 2006
This isn't all about money....its about the sentiment.

Lets not forget that in all this talk about money afterall when taking out a girl I'm conducting a financial transaction but making a gesture from the heart!!
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by Ukpekeson(m): 9:11pm On Apr 15, 2006
Well, you can't asked someone out and expect the person to foot the bill, really it is not realistic cheesy
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by larger20(m): 6:50pm On Apr 16, 2006
All this resturant date, wear suite or getting a cruise on the first date is not my thing. Just go to library or maybe agree to meet in a park or something. EVen outside on a road side, seat down and just laugh. If u two like urself then u can proceed to spending money. that is just how it works for me. if u like call me a seek ass.
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by folkzy(f): 7:24pm On Apr 16, 2006
I agree with u guys if a guy ask a girl out on a date. he should pay. I had that experience, i went to a restaurant with a guy n he gave the man at the restaurant his card n the man said , there was no money on the card. how embarassing?. He only had 20pounds with him and d meal n everything costed 30pounds. Thank God i had money with me. D guy was a proper Golddigger. he even said he would pay me back. liar, he never did. How much is 10pounds. chicken-change. am so over d guy of guy like dat. i will never date a guy dat i'm richer than.
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by eveseh(f): 11:50am On Apr 22, 2006
man of coruse,woman never pay

no man gonna tell thire woman to pay, than that man must be real p.i.m.
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 04, 2006
do you really think men should always pay?
you know they kinda often use the excuse: "OOPS! i forgot my wallet at home."

if I were the woman i'd:
1. pay the bill - if it's the first time
2. pay it and have him pay half or all as soon as he gets back his wallet
3. leave him there to wash the dishes untill he has paid his debts!
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by babymine(f): 1:37pm On May 04, 2006
The man.
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by BigSis(f): 9:40pm On May 04, 2006
I don't pay for men. Once I get to know you and you have courted me properly, I may offer to pay once in a while. Also I am considerate woman. I am not the kind to find the most expensive place to go. I will chose a moderate restaurant. In addition, you could include some free events. I know the man has bills too. However,I would never take a man seriously if he expects woman to pay for him. In my eyes, he is a male, not a man. You should not date, if you don't have the means to do so. Such a man will always be my buddy, when I am not involved in a real relationship. I mean he will always be my platonic buddy. He is someone I hang out with, when there is nothing else to do. With this sort of guy I don't mind paying my own way. Because I don't see him a desirable suitor or potential lover. He is strickly in the friend category.

How can I respect you as the man when you are not acting like "the" man. There is nothing more attractive that a real man.
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by papapikin(m): 5:39am On Aug 06, 2006
I simply think the asker outer should do the paying . . .
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by dondele(m): 9:50pm On Aug 06, 2006
whoever did the asking should do the paying.
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by mekoyo(m): 11:10am On Feb 09, 2007
It's necesarily the person asking for a date.

anyone of them can pay.
Re: Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? by Bosdem(f): 3:54pm On Sep 06, 2007
It depend on who is inviting who to the date, if i invite a man , why not i will pay, except he insist.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Choleric Sister's Action Pushed Me To Start Sleeping With Her Husband. / Over Sharing In Relationships. How Do You Cope / Pickup Lines For Any Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.