Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,480 members, 7,816,134 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada - Literature (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada (440699 Views)

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by adontcare(f): 10:35pm On Aug 04, 2017
This Noel of a guy be like spoilt dude. Debbie should be careful. Thelma, I hope u said d truth about d night vigil though. Uncle G, I don't understand ur parole o. Why d shouting up n down na. George is a cool guy by not probing into Thelma kwana gida. It is well. Mama George try come back home. Thanks for d update.
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by oyinella(f): 11:55pm On Aug 04, 2017
This mama George sha
NICE story mummy ada

1 Like

Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by jbaby265(f): 12:19am On Aug 05, 2017
right now I don't get it..
neol is not whom he is

Thelma is not whom she is

uncle G is not whom he seems to be

I said it before that I prefer Debbie character to Thelma and someone here attacked me for it.. I hope that somebody is seeing it now

oh poor gorge..

I salute you Madam Ada.. Weldon ma'am
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by nansunn: 2:30am On Aug 05, 2017
Available in Nigeria. Download your copy from Okadabooks
https://okadabooks.com/book/about/top_secret_37_laws_of_political_power/15127

Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by Nyela(m): 7:51am On Aug 05, 2017
Ada keeping it real as always. following cheerfully to see how things unfolds. keep it up love. u too much
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by YINKS89(m): 11:23am On Aug 05, 2017
Lilyjoe567:

I'm here sweetie..... what do you have for me?
kom join mi at d vvip table dre is lot of asun nd drinks.
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by ftosino(m): 2:47pm On Aug 05, 2017
Oh No! I Also Have Joined The Waitin List. I Dont Like Waitin For Update. Anyway Sha. U Ve Ghat A Nice Story There Mummy, I Love It.
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by SMARTgurUxxxxxxx(m): 2:52pm On Aug 05, 2017
Like there is Something fishy with thelma shaa... 9ice one sweedy
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by mainaugustine(m): 3:03pm On Aug 05, 2017
Plenty plenty secrets ...Thelma has a secret,noel has secret ...am enjoying every thing...thank you
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by aprilwise(m): 3:58pm On Aug 05, 2017
all girls have innocent face and guilty in the heart @ thelma
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by Kimkardashain(f): 6:40pm On Aug 05, 2017
maybe thelma went 4 nyt vigil maybe nt
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 05, 2017
Kimkardashain:
maybe thelma went 4 nyt vigil maybe nt

cheesy Which yeye vigil?

Twinnie isn't it obvious that this 'your' Thelma is not the saint that Marianneada is making it look like?

Don't mind me cheesy Good evening ma, I've been guest-reading since, I can't possibly stay away from nairaland especially cuz of the seun osewa competition of which I'm a contestant.

The end of the story is gonna leave everyone speechless.

'Supporters crew' Team Debbie and George.

#Am-off.

1 Like

Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by Kimkardashain(f): 7:29pm On Aug 05, 2017
KimberlyWest:

cheesy Which yeye vigil?

Twinnie isn't it obvious that this 'your' Thelma is not the saint that Marianneada is making it look like?

Don't mind me cheesy Good evening ma, I've been guest-reading since, I can't possibly stay away from nairaland especially cuz of the seun osewa competition of which I'm a contestant.

#Am-off.
come which competition is dat?
KIM!!!
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by marianneada(f): 8:02pm On Aug 05, 2017
**** **** They were almost dozing off when they heard their dad honk loudly, they rushed down to the sitting room to meet him, the entrance door opened and Mirabel rushed into her daddy's arms,

"Daddy we missed you so much," she said pecking him

"welcome home dad," George greeted hugging him

Uncle G lazily climbed down the stairs

"Welcome, Tobechukwu" he greeted his cousin

Mr Ufomba hugged his lost cousin

"I'm happy to see you" he said and shuddered

The entrance door opened and their mum walked in,

"mummmmmyyyyyy!!!!!!!" Mirabel screamed rushing to her, she hugged her tightly,
She held onto her mum tightly

"Mummy i'm sorry" she said

George stood still watching his mum shed tears, he doesn't know why he was having thoughts about her return.

"Oh my God, Gabriel, you're here!" she screamed and ran to hug him

"I heard you travelled for an official meeting, how was it, hope it wasn't stressful? " uncle G asked her excitedly

George stood confused, he then remembered his dad telling him not to involve Uncle Gabriel in their family matter.

"Thank God, Mirabel didnt tell him what happened to mummy" he thought to himself

Ruth carried their madam's bag upstairs, she was excited to see her

Mirabel followed her mother upstairs to help her arrange her belongings, while the men sat on couch to chat, Mr Ufomba soon excused himself to go and shower and have a change of cloth, George followed him

"Son, i know you have lot of questions to ask me, just relax and pretend everything is ok, i have lots of explanations to give to you" his dad whispered to him

He nodded and and went back to continue his chat with his uncle.

Mrs Ufomba prepared a delicious meal for the family, she had really missed her family a lot, she couldn't face her children after what happened so she ran away to her maternal home, but unfortunately for her, her aunt called her husband to come and pick her, and he rushed down to the village, it was then she understood how much her husband loves her, she had no choice than to follow him home as he needs her around him, especially now that Gabriel is back.

They all enjoyed their dinner as they chatted happily, this reminded George of how happy his family was, he wished they would go back to be the best family he once had, after dinner, uncle G announced he would be spending the night out with an old friend, he took one of the cars and left. Mr Ufomba invited his family to his room for a family meeting.

They all settled down on the couch in his room,

"Let us pray together as a family before we begin" his dad said

George was amazed, this is something they have not done for weeks, he thanked God within him, he led in praises,followed by worship, before prayer, he prayed like never before, he poured out his heart to God, he prayed for peace to be restored in his home, the prayer ended with everyone in tears.

His dad then cleared his throat

"I went in search of your mother because i know this family wont be complete without her, Mirabel i'm sorry we didn't tell you what actually made your mum to leave, i'll tell you that when you're much Older, i want us to put everything that happened behind us, let this be our family secret, I believe you all remembered your uncle, you've known him as my cousin, but the truth is that he is my step brother, he was borne by my father's mistress, his mum died two years after his birth and he was brought into our family, he grew up to be a thorn on our flesh, my father had to send him out of the country to save the family 's name, he comes back anytime he squanders his money, he duped the company and ran away with the money, that was when i was forced to marry your mother to save the company from folding, he came back years after my parent' s death and claimed that i give him his own share of the property, after much arguments and quarrel, i settled him and he left,he has been a thorn on my neck, i need this family to be in peace, i dont know his plans this time, so we should all be careful with him, George, you 'll return to school tomorrow, i don't want you around him, Mirabel, your mother will drop and pick you up from school, you will always be with her while i take care of Gabriel "

George and Mirabel were not surprised at their uncle' s lifestyle as they have always heard their parents talk about him, they were only surprised that he their father's step brother and not cousin, no wonder his resemblance with George.

His mum went on her knees to everyone 's surprise,

"I'm sorry for the shame i' ve brought upon this family, i've given my life to christ, i need his help in my life, George please forgive me my son, i was ignorant of what i was doing " she said shedding tears

"Mum, you need to see a therapist" George told her

"I've made arrangements for that, i have an appointment with her on Monday morning "

"Daddy we need to pray without ceasing, as we need God around us, i feel uncle G has a hidden agenda" he told his parents who agreed with what he said.

The family prayed once again before retiring to their rooms.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by Crowniey(f): 8:27pm On Aug 05, 2017
Thank God judge family are now back on track. With prayer and Love I believe the George family will finally be at peace with each other and they will work together to discover their dads step brothers secret. And as for Thelma I don't think I want George to settle for her she definitely has a skeleton in her cupboard nice update ma.
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by do4luv14(m): 8:28pm On Aug 05, 2017
KimberlyWest:

cheesy Which yeye vigil?

#Am-off.

so you go contest for prize say nah camp you go abi, come tak style dey avade arrest ehn,

no worri I go soon catch and arrest you, but first come giv peson fud chop nah cool cool cool
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by YINKS89(m): 8:29pm On Aug 05, 2017
Hmmmmm.... Uncle G.
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by Didov1(f): 10:06pm On Aug 05, 2017
hmmmmnn..i think uncleg gonna hook george's family 2ru thelma...nd uncleg n thelma r doing something fishy....nice writeup op
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by Pinkfeet: 11:10pm On Aug 05, 2017
hmmmmm uncle G my eyes is watching you oooo
if u try nonsense dis time around
i won't hesitate to wire you koboko
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by oluwafemi1993: 1:11am On Aug 06, 2017
Pinkfeet:
hmmmmm uncle G my eyes is watching you oooo
if u try nonsense dis time around
i won't hesitate to wire you koboko
I agree with You,if uncle G try rubbish, koboko will fall on him.
By d way, is it true that you ave pink feet?
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by Amanda24(f): 7:16am On Aug 06, 2017
Always-making-sense-more-inspiration-to-you-dear.
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by Pinkfeet: 8:56am On Aug 06, 2017
oluwafemi1993:
I agree with You,if uncle G try rubbish, koboko will fall on him.
By d way, is it true that you ave pink feet?
lolz
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by marianneada(f): 9:02am On Aug 06, 2017
Happy Sunday to everyone grin grin grin
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by marianneada(f): 9:03am On Aug 06, 2017
Didov1:
hmmmmnn..i think uncleg gonna hook george's family 2ru thelma...nd uncleg n thelma r doing something fishy....nice writeup op
thanks dear
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by marianneada(f): 9:03am On Aug 06, 2017
Crowniey:
Thank God judge family are now back on track. With prayer and Love I believe the George family will finally be at peace with each other and they will work together to discover their dads step brothers secret. And as for Thelma I don't think I want George to settle for her she definitely has a skeleton in her cupboard nice update ma.
thanks dear
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by marianneada(f): 9:05am On Aug 06, 2017
KimberlyWest:

cheesy Which yeye vigil?

#Am-off.
Kim dear, how 're u doing in camp grin
SMARTgurUxxxxxxx:
Like there is Something fishy with thelma shaa... 9ice one sweedy
thanks dear
oyinella:
This mama George sha
NICE story mummy ada
thanks dear
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by marianneada(f): 9:07am On Aug 06, 2017
ftosino:
Oh No! I Also Have Joined The Waitin List. I Dont Like Waitin For Update. Anyway Sha. U Ve Ghat A Nice Story There Mummy, I Love It.
thanks dear
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by marianneada(f): 9:07am On Aug 06, 2017
jbaby265:
right now I don't get it..
neol is not whom he is

Thelma is not whom she is

uncle G is not whom he seems to be

I said it before that I prefer Debbie character to Thelma and someone here attacked me for it.. I hope that somebody is seeing it now

oh poor gorge..

I salute you Madam Ada.. Weldon ma'am
thanks dear
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by marianneada(f): 9:09am On Aug 06, 2017
adontcare:
This Noel of a guy be like spoilt dude. Debbie should be careful. Thelma, I hope u said d truth about d night vigil though. Uncle G, I don't understand ur parole o. Why d shouting up n down na. George is a cool guy by not probing into Thelma kwana gida. It is well. Mama George try come back home. Thanks for d update.
u're Welcome dear
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by marianneada(f): 11:09am On Aug 06, 2017
CHAPTER 8

TWO MONTHS LATER

Everyone have been tolerating Uncle G's excesses, he orders the maids around, he keeps late nights, his brother have pretended not to have seen those bad habits, just for peace to reign, Mrs Ufomba heard someone screaming at the maids, she rushed downstairs only to meet Uncle G scolding the girls.

"when was this juice made!!!!? " he fired at them

"I made it yesterday" Ruth answered trembling

"I asked for a freshly made juice and you have the guts to bring this to me" he said pouring the juice on her, Dorothy who was standing there shivering felt sorry her

Mrs Ufomba couldn't stand him again

"Bia Gabriel, what is wrong with you?, ever since you came into this house, you've been ordering everyone around as if you're paying us, the other day, you rejected the food i prepared calling it tasteless, you can do whatever you like but i won't watch you beat my helpers, they have been trying their best in serving you, they clean your room, wash your clothes and answer your call anytime, any day, but you dont appreciate any of their efforts , it's not as if your presence here matters alot to us, if you want someone to order around, you can simply go and get married and leave this house for us"she said annoyingly

"What , did you just talk back at me" he retorted

"Yes, i did, and what will you do?"

"Oh my God, so even prostitutes now talk back at me, i don't blame you, i blame my stupid brother for keeping a LovePeddler in this house, don't allow me to remind you of your dirty lifestyle, next time you open your mouth to challenge me in this house, i'll sit your children down and give them your life history "he threw at her walking up the stairs to his room
She ignored what he said and turned to Ruth who drenched

" Ruth, please dont mind him, go to your room and freshen up"

"Thank you ma for coming to my rescue" she said thankfully and walked to her quarters.

Mrs Ufomba was angry and embittered, Gabriel has crossed his boundaries, she called her husband and told him what just happened, and he promised to settle the issue.

********* Debbie was over the moon after meeting Noel's mother, she was in Abuja on vacation, she was fully accepted into the family, Noel's dad was never around, he was always flying from one country to the other for business, his mum made her feel at home, she was already talking about marriage.

Noel called to inform her of his visit to her house the next day, she went to her mummy' s room to inform her of her boyfriend 's visit. She met her mum making up to go out

"Where're you off to mum?" she asked checking out her make up product

"Have you forgotten that tomorrow is Senator Amaechi' s birthday, and i was awarded the contract of cooking for the occasion, my workers are all waiting for me at the restaurant,"

"Ooooh, that's a good deal"

"Sure, and i will meet new friends there" she said winking at her daughter

"Before i forget, i've not been seeing Chief around,"

"Chief is a busy man, he's never around, i'm used to his absence, and moreover he has a family to attend to"

"Ooh, so you knew he had a family and you 've been Frolicking with him"she thought to herself

"Mum, my boyfriend will be here tomorrow, i want you to be around when he comes" she giggled

"So you want me to abandon my contract and wait for your boyfriend, i cant disappoint Senator, i'll meet him some other time" she said dismissively carrying her bag and ready to leave

"Ok, take care of yourself," Debbie said calmly

She helper her mum with her small suitcase, she bade her goodbye as she drove out of the compound, she returned to the house.

"Oh God, please Thelma should not fail to return today, i cant stay in this house alone with just the house girls," she thought as she slumped on the couch

******** George didnt return home for his vacation, he was busy with his final year project, he called Thelma to check on her, he hasn't spoken to her for the past one week since she left school for Abuja.

He has been calling her but her phone wasn't going through, he decided to call Debbie since he was beginning to get scared, Debbie picked at the first ring

"George, what's up?" she asked

"I'm fine, you're sounding good, so i wont ask how you're doing, hope Noel is taking good care of you? "

"Sure, he is, So tell me why you called?"

"I want to talk to Thelma, her phone have not been going through since last week she left lagos for Abuja"

"what!!!," she screamed and covered her mouth immediately

"Ooooh, her phone fell into the water, she's not at home right now, she went out with mum"
She stuttered

"Tell her to call me when she returns, take care of yourself" he said and ended the call

She was shocked that Thelma left school for the past one week and she's not yet home, she claimed some of her exams were cancelled and would be retaken, she couldn't wait for her as Noel was disturbing her to return instantly as he was missing her badly, she spent her first night with him when she arrived Abjua in a cool hotel before going to her home the next day.

"So Thelma lied to me, God what is this girl up to?, why is she so secretive? , i need to keep an eye on her" she muttered

Her phone beeped, it was a text message from Thelma

"Debbie i'm in Abuja right now, please tell the cook to prepare something delicious, i'm famished," she read out the text

"how come i can reach her, but George cant, Maybe she barred his calls, but she must be a fool forgetting that he would definitely call me" she thought bitterly

She called the cook and instructed her to prepare a delicious meal for her sister.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (64) (Reply)

Behind Her Veil / NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment / Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.